• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckohler

I liked it. Police Girl is my favorite. Action was sweet. Animation is solid. Music is nice and the accents are fun.
Time for sleep.

This epic music...

i2OHZE9.gif

Well, that was pretty fucking awesome. Lot of crazy old school action and not a lot of talking. I look forward to seeing what else this stranger in the night has in store for us. But that will have to wait. Time for FMA Brotherhood.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oh man, long credits.
And with that all done, I am out. See you in the morning (or afternoon, who knows how long I'll sleep)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FMA:B basically does the same thing, the manga had them but the original anime cut them out for reasons
I don't know, I think they worked much better in FMA:B since the art style allowed for it, where as here it's trying to be darker, and the series overall would have more comedic moments in FMA.

It'd be like if during Black Lagoon's comedic moments, their faces went all cliche-anime-like. It'd just clash.

Moaradin

I dug it. Action was great. The show is fucking crazy and batshit insane, in a good way. The only problems I had were the weird comedic moments. Might be one of the weirdest tonal shifts I've seen. The show seems to use a lot of CG and for the most part it's utilized well, but there were occasions where it looked weird. The biggest thing the bugged me was the audio. I don't know if it was just me or what, but the audio mixing seemed off. A lot of the dialogue sounds like it was recorded with low quality equipment, and I couldn't even hear some of it over the music/action.

Hopefully these are things that will improve over time. Looking at the wiki, this thing spanned over 6 years and had multiple studios involved. Overall I really enjoyed it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom