• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh shut up, Mustang.

Eh? Then it should be fairly self-explanatory. It's a huge motive that fuels the final arc for the military folk.
"Rise up" does eventually happen,
so I might just be confused about your original statement. I apologize.
I was just wondering why they seemingly went along with this crazy "Murder everyone of the Ishvalan" nation when there really was no reason to follow along with it. I mean, even some Nazis quit and those guys were hypnotized by some crazy nut.

Seda

Generally speaking, I like how this show structures these story elements. I think this flashback works better when we already know Scar's background, already had Envy reveal his part, already had Marcoh discuss what he did. It's like we know lot of the pieces but not the full picture before this point.

And having Hawkeye and Marcoh 'telling' their story 'simultaneously' fits too. All-in-all, I like the narrative structure of most of the show.

Not a very nuanced commentary but it's late.

Levyne

Banned
Oh shut up, Mustang.

I was just wondering why they seemingly went along with this crazy "Murder everyone of the Ishvalan" nation when there really was no reason to follow along with it. I mean, even some Nazis quit and those guys were hypnotized by some crazy nut.

I would say that the nationalistic dogma and propaganda laid out as the validation of the war was stronger force than one might anticipate.

So far tonight

Good: Hellsing Ultimate, One Piece, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Okay: Bleach

Meh: Attack on Titan, Space Dandy, Naruto Shippuden, Gurren Lagann

Beware the Batman: Beware the Batman

Weak night so far outside of the past 90 minutes

I'm just talking the otp thing.

An OTP can be canon, I think for Al's most people's OTP is Al x Mei

And yeah trying to watch a poltical mech anime at 4:30am was a zzzzzzzzz terrible idea lol think I'm just gonna turn in, I've given up on Clone Wars especially with it ending soon, and Jack is just too difficult to stay awake for, especially when it'll be airing AFTER Big O s2 and tomatoes.

Seda

So, how do the rights work for Bebop? It's Funimation now, but [as] holds onto broadcast rights? Is it because [as] is going with the original version and not the HD conversion?

So, how do the rights work for Bebop? It's Funimation now, but [as] holds onto broadcast rights? Is it because [as] is going with the original version and not the HD conversion?

No the license with Bandai expired which is why the show was off the air, they got special permission to air in last winter, and they struck a deal with Funimation to let the show air now in SD and eventually in HD to the best of my understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom