• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep15| You got the edge! You got the power!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That SAO bias really showing. This is actually a pretty sad scene. Probably the least offensive drama SAO will ever have.

Honestly, it was fine when it started but when the whole world showed up for reasons that killed it for me. It was just too over the top for a scene that should have been very personal.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, I will give it to SAO here, this is about as close to genuine emotion as it is ever going to get and between this and Akame Ga Kill really showcases how important VA work is.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Like I still don't even know what to make of this scene, it's so well acted and animated and in a bubble it's a superb death scene... but then I remember this is in SAO a show that frequently has all manner of laughably bad writing and all the characters outside of Yuuki have such laughable baggage from previous arcs that it's hard to take seriously.

Bingo.
It doesn't really feel like SAO has earned a scene like this.

Crocodile

Some of you guys are heartless. :(

I (and I assume everybody else) has seen some legit great death scenes in anime. This does not rank among them, sorry. Not that there was anything wrong with the acting or animation or anything (*cough* AgK *cough*) it was all very respectable but...........nah.

giphy.gif

kewlmyc

Yea, I will give it to SAO here, this is about as close to genuine emotion as it is ever going to get and between this and Akame Ga Kill really showcases how important VA work is.

While they are expensive, Aniplex really does do good dubs, unlike Sentai.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Pretty minor mark at an otherwise pretty good scene.

Yea but it just takes me out of it. I feel like it would have been better if it was just Yuuki and Asuna.

There's been way better death scenes in anime that have really got the tears going, a few of which are coming to shows on Toonami right now in a few years.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Like I still don't even know what to make of this scene, it's so well acted and animated and in a bubble it's a superb death scene... but then I remember this is in SAO a show that frequently has all manner of laughably bad writing and all the characters outside of Yuuki have such laughable baggage from previous arcs that it's hard to take seriously.

Pretty much. It's not a bad scene by any means, but it's hard to take it seriously or givei t the respect it deserves coming from Klein thirsting after NPCs and "ASADA-SAN! ASADA-SAN! ASADA-SAN!"

Among 100 other scenes

Mizerman

Pretty much.

I realize that this was supposed to be a tragic scene and kudos to the VA for making the effort, but I cannot take it too seriously.

I can agree with this. The VAs sold it well enough and arent shitty like Akame's dub

There are some anime/VN/manga tragic/death scenes that hit really hard.

This definitely wasn't one of them, but it was done as well as this show could possibly do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom