• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep15| You got the edge! You got the power!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
See ya next week, ToonamiGAF.

DqSxmqF.gif

BBboy20

I'd rather play Phantom Pain
I want to too but I am loyal to Toonami
and you gys.

Can't say I ever expected David Gilmour on Toonami.
Pink Floyd is my favorite band so this is something.

Oh right, Super Mario Maker is out this week. Can't wait to unlock all those amiibo costumes & try all the levels.
There is a lot of games of interest coming out this month and yet, out of nowhere, here I am dedicating my time of doing nothing but Metal Gear until it reaches 100%...

Hatchin' still drinking!

Retail copies, Toonami review...I'm loving all this Yacht Club Games love.
Hell yeah!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
There is a lot of games of interest coming out this month and yet, out of nowhere, here I am dedicating my time of doing nothing but Metal Gear until it reaches 100%...
Sept. is freakin' insane for me, which is why I was so glad to finally get a part-time job last month.

Sept. 1 - Danganronpa AE LE (just got Friday)
Sept. 8 - Project Mirai DX
Sept. 11 - Super Mario Maker
Sept. 15 - Senran Kagura 2 (retail for CDs)
Sept.....17? - 3D Sonic 2
Sept. 29 - Persona 4 Dancing All Night LE

& I was close to ordering Steins;Gate last week, but considering I've got 6 games this month, I should wait when there's less stuff coming out &/or a sale. & even then, Oct. is about 2 to 4 games I want.

Think one thing I'll do later this month or so is FINALLY order volumes 1, 2, & 10 of the Black Lagoon manga so I can have the complete set & finally start reading it.

BBboy20

Sept. 1 - Danganronpa AE LE (just got Friday)
Sept. 8 - Project Mirai DX
Sept. 11 - Super Mario Maker
Sept. 15 - Senran Kagura 2 (retail for CDs)

Sept.....17? - 3D Sonic 2
Sept. 29 - Persona 4 Dancing All Night LE
Skylanders: Supercharngers and EDF 2 for me. Just a shame MGS5 had to be released in a busy month.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Morning everyone.
I would have stayed up later, but I took a four mile walk before hand and I was exhausted. At least I only missed a marathon.

Holy crap that One Punch Man footage!

Crocodile

This is probably a Toonami show.

If this isn't announced for or airing on Toonami by the end of next year I'll eat a fucking hat
(made of something actually edible)

That does look very impressive, but we need to make sure that quality is maintained for more then 2-3 episodes as you can make anything look really well animated in a PV and blow most of your budget one one scene in the first episode or two.

The footage they showed goes all the way up to the end of the "House of Evolution" arc and looks like it includes a few sidestory adaptions. It should be good for at least several episodes. A lot of the animation team is made up of people who worked on Space Dandy. As long as they were given enough lead time to have a reasonable production schedule, I'm not too worried about the animation. You're right that we have to be cautious with our optimism and prepare for the worst (things could easily go South) but right now I'm not worried.

If this isn't announced for or airing on Toonami by the end of next year I'll eat a fucking hat
(made of something actually edible)

The footage they showed goes all the way up to the end of the "House of Evolution" arc and looks like it includes a few sidestory adaptions. It should be good for at least several episodes. A lot of the animation team is made up of people who worked on Space Dandy. As long as they were given enough lead time to have a reasonable production schedule, I'm not too worried about the animation. You're right that we have to be cautious with our optimism and prepare for the worst (things could easily go South) but right now I'm not worried.

That hat should be made of ghost peppers ;)

Though in reality the only thing that would seemingly prevent OPM from being on Toonami is the same thing that prevents SMC and Psycho Pass from being on, exclusive deals with netflix or hulu for the dub.

And while I've only read up to the second arc, I just want to remind you that pvs can be very manipulative, not that I expect a Ninja Slayer situation from this (that was an extreme obviously) but its not uncommon for a pv to highlight the parts they blew the animation on while the stuff inbetween is dbs episode 5 levels of comically bad.

Crocodile

That hat should be made of ghost peppers ;)

Though in reality the only thing that would seemingly prevent OPM from being on Toonami is the same thing that prevents SMC and Psycho Pass from being on, exclusive deals with netflix or hulu for the dub.

And while I've only read up to the second arc, I just want to remind you that pvs can be very manipulative, not that I expect a Ninja Slayer situation from this (that was an extreme obviously) but its not uncommon for a pv to highlight the parts they blew the animation on while the stuff inbetween is dbs episode 5 levels of comically bad.

This isn't my first rodeo :p It's not like I'm pre-ordering Blu-Rays or something. The only potential negative outcome here is disappointment. That and I'm not expecting them to go "crazy" during the many moments of downtime - they have no need to do so. If the show delivers when/where it counts than that's a victory.

Line_HTX

Watch as whichever company is animating this runs out of money 13 episodes in...

That trailer does look sick though.

Cornbread78

By a show of hands, how many people here have actually NOT watched Future Diary a.k.a Mirai Nikki?

Lurkers, you answer too dammit, lol.

Crocodile

I don't think there's enough material for them to go more than 13 episodes right now anyway.

The 1st Encounter (Vaccine Man, Brain & Brawn Brothers, etc.) > Saitama's Origin Story > Genos and House of Evolution > The Paradise Group and Speed of Sonic Speed > Saitama and Genos join the Hero's Association > The Giant Meteor > The Prison Break > The Sea King Event > Lord Boros' Invasion > Fubuki and Garou
and then a shitload of side-stories that have already been published. Even if they don't get to the
Garou arc
that should still be enough material for two cours. Plus if they tap into material from the ONE version, they could finish the
Garou
arc and move into the next one.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The 1st Encounter (Vaccine Man, Brain & Brawn Brothers, etc.) > Saitama's Origin Story > Genos and House of Evolution > The Paradise Group and Speed of Sonic Speed > Saitama and Genos join the Hero's Association > The Giant Meteor > The Prison Break > The Sea King Event > Lord Boros' Invasion > Fubuki and Garou
and then a shitload of side-stories that have already been published. Even if they don't get to the
Garou arc
that should still be enough material for two cours. Plus if they tap into material from the ONE version, they could finish the
Garou
arc and move into the next one.

I don't think they're going to go past the Murata version.

By a show of hands, how many people here have actually NOT watched Future Diary a.k.a Mirai Nikki?

Lurkers, you answer too dammit, lol.

Haven't seen it. I think a lot of people in this thread haven't due to the chance that Toonami could air it, though it seems unlikely.

Crocodile

I don't think they're going to go past the Murata version.

Then if they wanted to cover full arcs, they would go through the
Boros arc
- which would make for a pretty epic ending. That plus any side-stories they want to adapt should be easily enough material for 24-26 episodes.

Raxus

Pretty sure we're only going to cover the Murata version of OPM. First episode packed a ton of content too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom