• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep15| You got the edge! You got the power!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want Toonami to air Beyond the Boundary, which I just found out is finally getting a (Sentai) dub.

I've heard it was pretty bland and not great, but

m41qLfn.gif

main girl is cute

e3ec7985bd489f5244973754412f4327fcd97011_hq.gif

cutting your wrists so you can form your sword made out of your own blood is a sick as hell superpower.

Beyond the Boundary was legit terrible man.

The world and how it functions makes literally no sense in that anime.

I'll be honest, any show that makes it main lead say "You made me kill Bucket-chan!" can automatically go fuck itself.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So I learned they're coming out with a Yu-Gi-Oh art book. Huh. Then again, you have allll those monsters & such, so guess that'd be more than enoguh to fill a book with.

I also remembered there was one for Gurren Lagann, but even with my 15% off B&N coupon, it's more expensive compared to Amazon. Guess I'll wait a bit when I have more funds &/or a better coupon. Does anyone have that book, & is it worth it?

So I learned they're coming out with a Yu-Gi-Oh art book. Huh. Then again, you have allll those monsters & such, so guess that'd be more than enoguh to fill a book with.

I also remembered there was one for Gurren Lagann, but even with my 15% off B&N coupon, it's more expensive compared to Amazon. Guess I'll wait a bit when I have more funds &/or a better coupon. Does anyone have that book, & is it worth it?

Art books are always worth it

Line_HTX

Art books are always pretty neat for collecting.

Given Toonami's paramaters, I won't have to worry about Watamote and Chuuni ever coming. :)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So Exdeath is coming in six days?

White Hole can be stopped with Aegis Shields. Shell also halves its rate of effecting you.

Almagest...well, the best defense is for it to not hit you. The second best defense is having enough hit points, plus remember that Shell halves the damage. Grand Cross. Ribbons of course help. Most of the effects aren't lethal. Remember to kill off parts around the same time as they can use a much deadlier attack pattern when near death. Mystic Knights can auto kill one section with their Break Blade, while everyone except Berserkers can kill a section with Magic Lamp's casting of Odin.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Art books are always worth it
Yeah, I already have quite a few artbooks & history books related to gaming, mainly Udon or imported, but thing with artbooks is I usually look through them once (though slowly so I can appreciate everything & read all the comments), then put them on the shelf & forget about them/don't read them again for a while. Though I feel like they work better as coffee table books because you see them & decide to pick it up because you don't have anything else to do at the moment, and it's more visible/ready to pick up compared to on the shelf.

I got about 4 Udon artbooks (Breath of Fire, Darkstalkers, Marvel Vs. Capcom, & Mega Man 25th + MMX), plus a few other gaming books (History of Sonic, Every Day is Play, History of Nintendo 1889 - 1980, Before Mario, Mega Drive/Genesis Collected Works, Hardcore Gaming 101, etc.) that're more a mixture of art/pictures & history/text. Heck, I've been tempted to make a thread in Gaming about these kinds of books. If I get an artbook, I'd like it to have pictures I just can't easily find on Google. I like behind-the-scenes stuff, concept art, story boards, unused concepts, comments on how they came up with stuff, etc. I wanna learn about the art I'm seeing.

There's also one on Summer Wars, which I might get in the future. Now that I have an actual income again, I'm more open to getting those books compared to before when I'd focus my money on games....though not this month or Oct. because of how many damn games are coming out.

I might get the Persona 4 one (& Arena), but I feel like waiting to see if they make updated versions for Golden & Ultimax.

Regiruler

I want Toonami to air Beyond the Boundary, which I just found out is finally getting a (Sentai) dub.

I've heard it was pretty bland and not great, but

m41qLfn.gif

main girl is cute

e3ec7985bd489f5244973754412f4327fcd97011_hq.gif

cutting your wrists so you can form your sword made out of your own blood is a sick as hell superpower.
I vaguely remember seeing this in anime club

It was meh
IIRC it's just an english printing of an artbook that came out years ago. It focuses more on the work of Takahashi than the game in general, even came with a promo card in japan (obviously with art done by Takahashi)

Moaradin

That does look very impressive, but we need to make sure that quality is maintained for more then 2-3 episodes as you can make anything look really well animated in a PV and blow most of your budget one one scene in the first episode or two.

Sure, but considering it's Madhouse and it has the director and many animators from Space Dandy on it, I have a feeling it will look good consistently.

Crocodile

Future Diary is a good show if you want to watch fuckery or see this thread explode whenever an episode airs (if it ever found its way onto Toonami) with people exclaiming "WUT!" or "Fucking Future Diary SMH", etc. It's not a good show on its own merits. With the success of Akame ga Kill so far, I wouldn't be surprised if Future Diary is now a consideration (or more so if it ever was before). I assume its age would be a non-issue what with Michiko and Hatchin on the block now.

*thinks about it*

Now....we just have to get Madhouse to team up with Studio Bones to make another season of Space Dandy! And a movie!

Raxus

I enjoyed future diary waaaaaaaaay more than Akame Ga Kill. Sure it is stupid and edgy but at least it is creative and less paint by the numbers.

I enjoyed future diary waaaaaaaaay more than Akame Ga Kill. Sure it is stupid and edgy but at least it is creative and less paint by the numbers.

Future Diary is at least hilarious, sometimes even on purpose.

Akame ga Kill is a show that has no identity of its own. It's been said before, but the show feels like something a computer would turn out.

For all of its problems, no one could accuse Future Diary of not being memorable.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Super S: Episode 138:

The writers really needed to get past that whole Usagi thinks Mamoru is cheating on her idea because even as a lead in, that shit is beyond played out at this point. The real premise of this episode is actually on Ami and dear god is it refreshing to be focusing on one of the supporting cast, even if ChibiUsa does take over as the POV character so they can tie the overall theme of dreams into the narrative. Anyway, this was nice seeing Ami helping the friend of the week with her car restoration project as it is pleasing to see her doing something that isn't related to god damned studying. Outside of that this was a pretty formulaic episode, all and all a mild recommendation to watch.

Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Super S: Episode 139:

Well then, this was certainly an odd episode and the friend de jour this time around is apparently a samurai girl who got lost on the way to the latest Precure series given her design. Seriously, if you told me this was an crossover with another anime I would have believed you. Also, don't care what type of moralizing they attempt, her mother was god damned terrible as I am pretty sure she is guilty of child abuse consider she started wacking her child with a god damned kendo stick after the match. Also, Tiger Eye was extra creepy this week since he was leering at a girl who is the age of ChibiUsa. Mild recommendation to watch.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Future Diary is a good show if you want to watch fuckery or see this thread explode whenever an episode airs (if it ever found its way onto Toonami) with people exclaiming "WUT!" or "Fucking Future Diary SMH", etc. It's not a good show on its own merits. With the success of Akame ga Kill so far, I wouldn't be surprised if Future Diary is now a consideration (or more so if it ever was before). I assume its age would be a non-issue what with Michiko and Hatchin on the block now.

Fuck it! That sounds entertaining. Bring it on, we survived SAO and SAO2, so far, we can handle anything they throw at us.

So, it's been confirmed that there's no movies this year by Demarco.

Rip in Pepperonis Evangelion 3.33.

Also Sword Art Online 2 is apparently doing "just fine" ratings wise.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I have faith in TOONAMI. They haven't put on anything since BtB that I didn't enjoy on some level.
You even enjoy Akame Ga Kill?

That's the one show I haven't gotten any enjoyment out of nor do I understand why it's on Toonami. It does nothing special to stand out from all the other generic trope filled animes, so why is it so popular? It doesnt stand out. It's not even that edgy or shocking!

I would even take Future Diary over it. At least that show would be a good group hate watch and I at least understand why people like it.

Was it the ask.fm answer he gave? Maybe I'm just in denial, but I think that question was about a full month of movies as opposed to just one.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

Has Evangelion 3 even released yet? I thought it was forever stuck in localization hell.

Was it the ask.fm answer he gave? Maybe I'm just in denial, but I think that question was about a full month of movies as opposed to just one.

According to him there won't be a full month of movies. Maybe that leaves room for one or two.

"You don't have to go into specifics, but will there be another movie month december on toonami?"

"Not this year."

And no, it's not out Jedi. There have been some disagreements between Funi and the creator of Evangelion.

Who knows what's going on.

That's the one show I haven't gotten any enjoyment out of nor do I understand why it's on Toonami. It does nothing special to stand out from all the other generic trope filled animes, so why is it so popular? It doesnt stand out. It's not even that edgy or shocking!

I would even take Future Diary over it. At least that show would be a good group hate watch and I at least understand why people like it.

You wouldn't consider the butcher shed from episode 1 to be edgy or shocking? Though AgK really picks up when the
Empire's group of assassins the Yeager show up to fight against Night Raid
and when
named characters start dying

Moaradin

Give AgK a few more episodes to reach maximum edge. It still gets boring because of how predictable and formulaic it is. It's definitely the most boring toonami re-watch for me. When the original run finished I had no desire to see any more of it.

So, Adam Gibbs plays Shinichi in Parasyte. (according to ANN)

I have no idea as to who he's played in anime, other than Hiroomi in Beyond the Boundary.

So, Adam Gibbs plays Shinichi in Parasyte. (according to ANN)

I have no idea as to who he's played in anime, other than Hiroomi in Beyond the Boundary.

The only notable role I see on his behind the voice is Seita from Grave of the Fireflies

good thing 3.33 will never get dubbed so less people have to see how terrible it is

I'm pretty sure it'll see a dubbed released eventually

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I had to play Danganronpa AE to finally realize that Asuna is Patty Thompson.
I know, I didn't know that as well until I realized the voice sounded familiar, found out it was Asuna, then discovered she also voiced Patty as well.

......also Kneesocks in Panty & Stocking.

In any case, once again, leave it to DR to show that the SAO VAs have some great acting, they just need an actual script to work with.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
AGK entertains the fuck out of me. That dub. The potluck grab bag of fantasy anime tropes. A character seemingly named after my favorite demonic tree.

A few years ago I would have liked AgK, but now I'm just finding it meh. I think I finally have some level of standards now, though I'm enjoying the hell out of SAO

Mik317

Hearing how bad 3.33 is makes me a sad panda as I have really enjoyed the two rebuild movies a lot...

;_;

Anno wrrryyyyy

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Asuna has been showing up a ton of things I've been watching recently. She's all over early One Piece, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom