• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep15| You got the edge! You got the power!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey ToonamiGAF I was wondering if their was a way to watch reairings of current Toonami runs?

I'm starting a new job thats demanding me to come in on saturday nights (at least for 6 months), so my days of watching toonami with you guys are done for now. but I'd still like to see toonami in some way even if its the day after.

I don't have a DVR or cable, so thats out. and no current livestreamers are making recordings of their broadcasts (not any I know anyways, DGToons went MIA and Kingslounge doesn't for some reason).

If anybody knows of a way I can watch reairings let me know otherwise this will be my last saturday hanging out with ToonamiGAF here. I hate nightshifts but its giving me more hours and pay then the daytime and unfortunately survival trumps fandom.

Hey ToonamiGAF I was wondering if their was a way to watch reairings of current Toonami runs?

I'm starting a new job thats demanding me to come in on saturday nights (at least for 6 months), so my days of watching toonami with you guys are done for now. but I'd still like to see toonami in some way even if its the day after.

I don't have a DVR or cable, so thats out. and no current livestreamers are making recordings of their broadcasts (not any I know anyways, DGToons went MIA and Kingslounge doesn't for some reason).

If anybody knows of a way I can watch reairings let me know otherwise this will be my last saturday hanging out with ToonamiGAF here. I hate nightshifts but its giving me more hours and pay then the daytime and unfortunately survival trumps fandom.

Well since you don't have cable, the only way would probably be to have somebody give you their login for their cable provider and use that to watch the episodes that get posted on the Adult Swim site.

You'd most likely have to acquire the shows in some way and watch the episodes we watch weekly. Most shows on Toonami are on Crunchyroll like AgK, Naruto, One Piece and SAO. Only difference is that you'd be watching it subbed.

Cornbread78

You'd most likely have to acquire the shows in some way and watch the episodes we watch weekly. Most shows on Toonami are on Crunchyroll like AgK, Naruto, One Piece and SAO. Only difference is that you'd be watching it subbed.

The dubbed version of SAO is on Crunchyroll as well, so you can pick up where Toonami left off. I believe you guys watched episode 21 of Season, 2, correct?

So what sites have what other then crunchyroll? I know that everything Toonami airs won't be on 1 site (unless its the AS site) so I'll have to do some back-and-forthing between sites.

Well since you don't have cable, the only way would probably be to have somebody give you their login for their cable provider and use that to watch the episodes that get posted on the Adult Swim site.

I was thinking of something like that because I heard also that Toonami runs up to 24 hours in a stream on the official site, that would be great if I could catch that.

I was thinking of something like that because I heard also that Toonami runs up to 24 hours in a stream on the official site, that would be great if I could catch that.

The stream on AS dot com is a weekly marathon of one show - right now, Kill la Kill, which has already finished its run on TV, so it's not an option for you in this regard.

Cornbread78

Alright ToonamiGAF, these are right up your alley...

Ok, time for a final vote so I can make sure we will have enough followers for the next "Let's Watch"

We've narrowed it down to two choices bashed on interest. (we will do 1 after the other) This will be a 3 week session to watch the full anime, so now is your time to vote since the thread will go up on Monday 9/14 and viewing will start on 9/15.

Here are the contenders:

Blast of Tempest:
tumblr_mmrj0u8Ywe1qbvovho1_500.gif
tumblr_ngt73k2MhQ1rydwbvo1_500.gif

http://myanimelist.net/anime/14075/Zetsuen_no_Tempest

Synopsis:
One day, a sorceress princess was stuffed into a barrel and banished.
One day, a single girl was suddenly murdered, and the culprit still runs free.
And one day, a battle spanning time and space over magic and revenge began!
Sanity and madness, sense and intelligence, self-confidence and convictions.
The tragic tale of this irrational world starts now.

The Kusaribe family is a family of sorcerers under the protection of the "Tree of Origins". Their princess, Hakaze Kusaribe, was the greatest sorceress of their family. But Samon Kusaribe, a member of their family seeking to resurrect the "Tree of World's End", a tree that opposes the "Tree of Origins" and controls the power of destruction, stuffs her into a barrel, and banishes her to a deserted island. From the deserted island, she sends a message out to sea, which is picked up by Mahiro Fuwa, a young boy who's sworn vengeance upon the criminal who killed his little sister, Aika. Mahiro agrees to help Hakaze under the condition that she find Aika's killer with her magic. But once Mahiro's best friend and Aika's lover, Yoshino Takigawa is rescued from danger, he too gets dragged into this tale of revenge.

Samurai Flamenco:
tumblr_mvk64dSOle1rds523o3_250.gif
200.gif

http://myanimelist.net/anime/19365/Samurai_Flamenco

Synopsis
Masayoshi Hazama: a man who has become a superhero "by himself" with no superhuman powers or any sort of high-tech conversions, NONE!!

Hidenori Goto: a cop who found out the true identity of "the superhero" by a strange twist of fate and thus constantly gets in trouble thanks to Hazama, the superhero.

This is the story of the birth of a true hero featuring these two young men with a touch of comedy and serious drama, while they come face to face with hardships as they search for the true meaning of becoming a hero of justice in this world!

The reviews heavily lean towards Blast of Tempest, but from those same reviews, Samurai Flemenco is a very "Love it of Hate it" series. I also have a question for those that have seen SF, is there a large BL/Yuri component to it, because there are some pretty crazy pictures online, but no gifs.... We will go with majority rules from here, ToonamiGAF and from the current watch thread. Just want as many followers as possible to keep this going, so if you haven't watched the one that wins yet, join the hell in will ya, lol!

Again, we will probably just run these to back to back, but I want to get the one out there more people want first, then the second one right after.

The dubbed version of SAO is on Crunchyroll as well, so you can pick up where Toonami left off. I believe you guys watched episode 21 of Season, 2, correct?

Yes and I forgot CR is doing dubs now for some shows which is awesome.

So what sites have what other then crunchyroll? I know that everything Toonami airs won't be on 1 site (unless its the AS site) so I'll have to do some back-and-forthing between sites.

I believe Funimation website might have Michiko to Hatchin? I know they have DBZ which is the other show and Attack on Titan is just a reair and almost done.

Jarate

Banned
Honestly though I vote for Samurai Flamenco, although I don't personally take partbin the anime watch together

You should still force people to watch Fist of the North Star though

Cornbread78

Honestly though I vote for Samurai Flamenco, although I don't personally take partbin the anime watch together

You should still force people to watch Fist of the North Star though

LOL, nah.

You should watch Samurai with us during the week though (at your own pace, la la la.)

No ratings yet, because of Labor Day right?

Goddammit, Labor Day, I hate you so much.

...I didn't get it off, and yesterday was rough.

The stream on AS dot com is a weekly marathon of one show - right now, Kill la Kill, which has already finished its run on TV, so it's not an option for you in this regard.

When did that change? I sware it was only a few months ago that they said they were re-airing toonami for 24 hours on their stream page. shame, I was kind of counting on that.

Yes and I forgot CR is doing dubs now for some shows which is awesome.

I believe Funimation website might have Michiko and Hatchin? I know they have DBZ which is the other show and Attack on Titan is just a reair and almost done.

Yeah but are they free though? I think FUNi hides behind a paywall.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Crap, I misread that as the new repeat show or the new show to get a marathon like on Halloween or something.

Seda

Hah, tuned into the stream just as Scarlet jukes the headhunters in episode 2. Might pay attention if they get to season 2 at a decent time later.

So the marathon changes weekly now? Also, they keep the eyecatches online.

Grexeno

I actually calculated the precise ending dates for DBZ Kai based on the Dragon-Con info because Seda is lazy.

Sword Art Online II: September 26th
Attack On Titan: September 26th
Michiko & Hatchin: December 5
Akame ga Kill!: February 6, 2016
Parasyte –the maxim-: March 26, 2016
Dragon Ball Z Kai: November 12, 2016 (not including Buu Arc), January 13, 2018 (including Buu Arc)
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Seda

I accounted for the two that were semi-confirmed at Dragon Con (BTW that sheet of paper looks pretty fake actually but whatevs)

Demarco tweeted that one

so

assuming marathons for memorial day '16, july 4th (on a monday but...), labor day '16, thanksgiving '16

december '16, memorial day '17, july 4th (on a tuesday but...), labor day '17, thanksgiving '17, december '17

more realistically:

Dragon Ball Z Kai: December 10, 2016 (not including Buu Arc), March 24, 2018 (including Buu Arc)

jot this highly specific date down on your calendars everyone

also don't take me seriously

Grexeno

Demarco tweeted that one

so

assuming marathons for memorial day '16, july 4th (on a monday but...), labor day '16, thanksgiving '16

december '16, memorial day '17, july 4th (on a tuesday but...), labor day '17, thanksgiving '17, december '17

more realistically:

Dragon Ball Z Kai: December 10, 2016 (not including Buu Arc), March 24, 2018 (including Buu Arc)

jot this highly specific date down on your calendars everyone

also don't take me seriously
I'll just update the ending dates when marathon dates are confirmed.

Also I am now the Keeper of the Calendar. Bow to me.

Crocodile

Ok so I'm about to ask a bit of an embarrassing question but..........

How do I Steam?

Like so in a week the Mighty No. 9 Trail comes out, I still have a Yatagarsu and Mighty Gunvolt codes I need to redeem and I assume the Indivisible prototype will be distributed by Steam. Plus more and more games (especially KS projects) are having Steam (or GOG) versions.

Do I just go to the Steam website, open an account and its easy like that? Do I need money just to open an account? What about if I want to use multiple computers? The one I'm using will probably only last another year, will my Steam games/purchases be stuck to this computer? Can I use my PS3 controller, with USB support, to play Steam games? Does that depend on the game? Is there a way to make that universal?

How do I Steam?

Like so in a week the Mighty No. 9 Trail comes out, I still have a Yatagarsu and Mighty Gunvolt codes I need to redeem and I assume the Indivisible prototype will be distributed by Steam. Plus more and more games (especially KS projects) are having Steam (or GOG) versions.

Do I just go to the Steam website, open an account and its easy like that? Do I need money just to open an account? What about if I want to use multiple computers? The one I'm using will probably only last another year, will my Steam games/purchases be stuck to this computer? Can I use my PS3 controller, with USB support, to play Steam games? Does that depend on the game? Is there a way to make that universal?
Go to the website, sign up for an account, install the Steam Client. No money necessary. You can use your Steam account on multiple computers. Yes, you can use your PS3 controller using third party apps that emulate an Xbox controller. It's universal.

Seda

How do I Steam?

I'm not a huge Steam user but the highlights:

• Making an account for Steam is free.
  • Anything you buy through Steam is tied to the account, not any particular computer.
  • You can login into your account on any computer with Steam installed, and you can play any of your purchased games, once you download the game of course.
  • You cannot play your Steam account on two different machines at the same time of course (there are some small exceptions, usually very niche games)
  • I'm not so certain the specifics of Steam's DRM, but I believe - after downloading - you must start a game once with internet to 'activate' it. Some games will allow you to play in Offline Mode after that. Not sure if this is an issue for you.

Controllers are a little weirder. I use an Xbox 360 controller which requires a dongle and firmware from Microsoft. How well it works depends on an particular game's support. Not too familiar with PS3 - I think MotionInJoy is a popular software that works with Steam?

I use GOG a little bit too. Similarly, games purchased through GOG are tied to your GOG account, and can be downloaded to any computer. GOG titles are totally DRM free, but usually patches are slightly delayed. Their launcher, GOG Galaxy (currently in beta), is a bit less robust too. They have a better selection for older 'classic' computer games, I think.

You can watch most of funimation shows subbed and a few dubbed for free, with commercials.

They also occasionally put entire subbed shows on their youtube.

Like Garo. You can go watch all of Garo subbed on funi's youtube right now for free. Maybe turn off your adblocker if you wanna give them some funds for it.

GO WATCH GARO IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT!

You can watch most of funimation shows subbed and a few dubbed for free, with commercials.

They also occasionally put entire subbed shows on their youtube.

Like Garo. You can go watch all of Garo subbed on funi's youtube right now for free. Maybe turn off your adblocker if you wanna give them some funds for it.

GO WATCH GARO IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT!

Lol okay okay, let me figure out my current predicament before I go start piling anime on my list. but thank you for the information, is anything toonami is airing free on FUNImation's site currently?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So Intruder 2 is on a lower budget than the original, and somehow it looks better than Beware the Batman, which had WB backing.

Lol okay okay, let me figure out my current predicament before I go start piling anime on my list. but thank you for the information, is anything toonami is airing free on FUNImation's site currently?

You sadly can't stream kai on funi's site.

Toei never gave them the streaming rights I think.

Michiko & Hatchin sub is free.

All of One Piece's sub is free, and a lot of its dub is too.

So Intruder 2 is on a lower budget than the original, and somehow it looks better than Beware the Batman, which had WB backing.

My brain can't recognize these words together, but I feel like it was a show...on Toonami...

...and it was terrible.

WB also had to pay a lot more for the voice acting and animators then AS has to pay the people working on Intruder 2 who're likely taking pay cuts out of love for toonami to keep the budget down

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
My brain can't recognize these words together, but I feel like it was a show...on Toonami...

...and it was terrible.

Confession: I watched the show when it was on DC Nation (now that's a mishandled block). On rewatch, I realized just how bad the show was.

WB also had to pay a lot more for the voice acting and animators then AS has to pay the people working on Intruder 2 who're likely taking pay cuts out of love for toonami to keep the budget down

Still, you'd think DC's golden cow would get better animation than Drake of the 99 Dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom