• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

Xe4

Banned
A little confusing and surreal but I thought that was good Lupin :)

I mean sure but unless your specific aim is to make material for as broad an audience as possible (which isn't what all animators or execs want to create) then I don't know how "break" the cycle. You can and should criticize art but you can't make them not do things they want to do.

You put pressure on the producers and consumers of anime to let them know it's not acceptable in this day and age. It's not that simple, obviously, but it's definitely not acceptable the way most anime treats women characters.

It's getting better, mostly from outside pressures and change in the industry.

cntr

Banned
It's getting better, mostly from outside pressures and change in the industry.
Honestly, it hasn't. There's still a ton of creepy anime, and good series still get fanservicized.

I honestly don't think anything will change until the anime industry collapses. It's essentially a niche self-contained market in Japan, they can ignore a lot of outside pressure.

Grexeno

Honestly, it hasn't. There's still a ton of creepy anime, and good series still get fanservicized.

I honestly don't think anything will change until the anime industry collapses.
Perhaps large Western companies like Netflix and Amazon getting more involved in the industry will lead to some change.

Seda

Nagato is right, total peace isn't attainable without taking away free will....i don't know what else to say

Definitely typical JRPG villain logic. It usually falls into a category like <sterilize the world> or <kill all humans> or <turn them into automatons>

Xe4

Banned

I honestly don't think anything will change until the anime industry collapses.

I mean, in my opinion it has gotten better. That's the sad thing. It was so bad before the horrible place it is now is an improvement.

I'm basing this on the increased number of shows that actually treat women like people and don't divulge in a crazy amount of fan service. It's still a shockingly small amount of anime, but it's better than it was in, say, the 90's.

I haven't done any studies or anything.

cntr

Banned
Perhaps large Western companies like Netflix and Amazon getting more involved in the industry will lead to some change.
That's basically just outsourced animation. And it wouldn't change the fact that the mainstream Japanese market is not interested in anime, while the otaku market is and is willing to shell out big bucks for it.

You hear that guys? Ninjas are awful and the world they live in is cursed.

COME BE A PIRATE! WE'VE GOT FLYING SHIPS AND ISLANDS MADE OF CANDY! FUCK DA POLICE! WHOOO!

cntr

Banned
I'm basing this on the increased number of shows that actually treat women like people and don't divulge in a crazy amount of fan service. It's still a shockingly small amount of anime, but it's better than it was in, say, the 90's.
That's more reflective of Japanese society changing in general, but note that most of that's isolated to things like Super -- i.e., stuff that appeals to the Japanese mainstream, not the anime niche. The majority of anime hasn't improved at all.

Top Bottom