• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
You know what, I'm going to post this again just so it's on a new page.

Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 31 - Off to See Master Zuno! Find Out Where the Super Dragon Balls Are!
8:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 32 - The Matches Begin! We're All Off to the Planet with No Name!
11:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 32 - The Matches Begin! We're All Off to the Planet with No Name!
11:30 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 131 - Find the Nuisances: Babidi's Retaliation Begins!
12:00 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders - 6 - Dark Blue Moon
12:30 - Tokyo Ghoul √A - 9 - City In Waiting
1:00 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 65 - Evil Fist × And × Rock-Paper-Scissors
1:30 - Lupin the Third Part IV - 11 - The Lovesick Pig
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 172 - Meeting
2:30 - Outlaw Star - 3 - Into Burning Space
3:00 - Cowboy Bebop (Uncut) - 1 - Asteroid Blues
3:30 - Attack on Titan - 32 - Close Combat

Later.

caliph95

This, I'm loving the new team.
We also got cock-teased thanks to Hercules (voiced by Matthew Mercer) coming into the picture & not joining the Avengers.

As for Spider-Man, I hope they do Norman as Green Goblin & not Harry.
It helps it has Panther and Ms Marvel
Shit really I thought he actually joined ,
I was wondering why didn't appear

The way the show is playing it out with
Harry building the gadgets it seems that why but it could be misdirection

Moaradin

Instead of watching the Kai marathon, I just ended up going ahead and watched the rest of the show by myself. Forgive me GAF!

(spoilers for a 20 year old show)
I enjoyed most of the Majin Buu stuff, but boy was the Super Buu arc a draaaag. It's extremely repetitive. That section is what needed the Kai treatment the most, and sadly we don't get it. Watching it weekly is gonna be a pain. Luckily I enjoyed the Kid Buu arc well enough (at least compared to the Super Buu arc before it), and the ending is still good stuff.

cntr

Banned
from what I remember, they're usually around 4 to 6 pages, but a lot of that is bolstered by people not watching the marathon having conversations about the show or whatever, since it's a lot looser than a typical night

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That sounds about right based on previous marathons, especially ones on shows people didn't feel a strong desire to rewatch.

Actually, now that they got Cowboy Bebop back on the block, wonder if that'll eventually get its own marathon.

Morlas

well it is that time of year when people are watching more sportsball than usual...i was playing overwatch mostly when i got home

Morlas

tumblr_ovatr75YGp1usrgjso1_540.gif

Gateway Shuffle is bad, It's pretty much the only bad episode. Bad by Cowboy Bebop standards is still pretty good.

I've always liked it. The scene towards the end with the missiles in hyper space is great, especially with the music. The only episode I really never liked is Ganymede Elegy.

Grexeno

Shit really?

But the music tho...
It's really good.

But it's obvious that every design tenet at the core of Sonic as a series is fucked up and stupid.

Also this game has lives and game overs in 2017. There's nothing I love more than replaying an entire zone because I got launched at top speed into spikes that I couldn't have seen coming nor reacted to.

I generally find leaderboards, time attack modes, and ranking systems in most single player games to be either completely forgettable or annoying.

Especially ranking systems that use letter grades to judge my performance. At no point do I ever want to finish a level and get told I did a C- job on that level. (Or for that matter get a bronze statue that only exists to mock me. Looking at you Bayonetta.)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sonic Mania is bad, and I was clearly right to think that Sonic has always been bad.
3e3.jpg

Also this game has lives and game overs in 2017. There's nothing I love more than replaying an entire zone because I got launched at top speed into spikes that I couldn't have seen coming nor reacted to.
Would you rather deal with having to replay the entire damn game with no save feature or stage select like in Sonic 1, 2, & Knuckles (because you need 3 attached)?

I never got a single game over (but S3&K is one of my favorite platformers so maybe I just knew what to expect), but I don't get the complaint when zones don't take more than 10 minutes to beat & offer different paths to take, meaning you can change up how you explore for the most part. I'd rather replay a zone in Mania than deal with crap in Sonic Unleashed like Eggmanland which took me an entire damn hour to beat.

Sonic games are trial-and-error score attack games, not platformers.
Some of the later 3D ones like Unleashed, absolutely. The DS games were also guilty of having a few too many bottomless pits (something I think only was in one or two levels in Mania). Generations in its final stages got way more platform heavy & became less about speed.

I generally find leaderboards, time attack modes, and ranking systems in most single player games to be either completely forgettable or annoying.

Especially ranking systems that use letter grades to judge my performance. At no point do I ever want to finish a level and get told I did a C- job on that level. (Or for that matter get a bronze statue that only exists to mock me. Looking at you Bayonetta.)
Unless I get some kind of reward, yeah, I've never been one for leaderboards or time attacks (unless the game is designed for speed running). I can deal with rankings if it feels fair since there can be a satisfaction getting really good rankings, but as mentioned, it can also suck that you feel like you did a rather decent job but got a crap ranking. But I also play a lot of rhythm games, so I'm super used to them.

Crash 1 is the perfect example where time trials were CLEARLY not designed for that game, but they decided to shove it in there anyways in the N. Sane Trilogy. At least 2 gave you the sneakers to run faster, giving you some sense that you were going through the levels faster, but god, Road to Nowhere's time trial can go to hell.

Next week...

N I P P L E S
FCC: "NOT ON MY WATCH" *places censor bar*

Regiruler

3e3.jpg

Would you rather deal with having to replay the entire damn game with no save feature or stage select like in Sonic 1, 2, & Knuckles (because you need 3 attached)?

I never got a single game over (but S3&K is one of my favorite platformers so maybe I just knew what to expect), but I don't get the complaint when zones don't take more than 10 minutes to beat & offer different paths to take, meaning you can change up how you explore for the most part. I'd rather replay a zone in Mania than deal with crap in Sonic Unleashed like Eggmanland which took me an entire damn hour to beat.

Wasn't that big a problem in the Wii version.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wasn't that big a problem in the Wii version.
Wii & PS2 versions are rather different from the PS360, as there seems to be less levels & I think easier and/or shorter stages as well. Part of me wants to try it just to see how different it is. Need to do the same for the Simpsons game on PS360 since I had it on PS2 which lacked a good amount of stuff.

I played Unleashed on 360 and oh man, it was like every issue with the game could be summed up with that level. One of the worst levels I've ever played in any game because of all the issues and how damn long it took.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*insert youtube link to dark brotherhood song here to emphasis how bad bioware messed the music up*

Morlas

They should really live and learn from that...you could say they should open their hearts reach for the stars and speak with their hearts...tell me how to lend a hand I would try to understand

Just finished the OG Hellsing series, aka Hellsing without the Nazis. I guess this is worth a watch if you like the concept of Hellsing but didn't like how hammy the execution was. It reminds me a lot of the Stardust Crusaders OVA in how more seriously it takes the story. The filler content was kind of eh.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Just finished the OG Hellsing series, aka Hellsing without the Nazis. I guess this is worth a watch if you like the concept of Hellsing but didn't like how hammy the execution was. It reminds me a lot of the Stardust Crusaders OVA in how more seriously it takes the story. The filler content was kind of eh.

I honestly preferred the original series and how it presented everything. The music was excellent as well. The manga and follow up series were goofy as fuck and make Tokyo Ghoul look blunt compared to all that edge.

Top Bottom