• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 35 - Turn Your Anger into Strength! Vegeta's Full-Bore Battle!
8:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 36 - An Unexpectedly Uphill Battle! Vegeta's Great Blast of Fury!
11:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 36 - An Unexpectedly Uphill Battle! Vegeta's Great Blast of Fury!
11:30 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 135 - Silly Looking? Drilling the Fusion Pose!
12:00 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders - 10 - The Emperor and the Hanged Man, Part 1
12:30 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 26 - New Blood
1:00 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 69 - A × Heated × Showdown
1:30 - Lupin the Third Part IV - 15 - Don't Move the Mona Lisa
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 176 - Rookie Teacher Iruka
2:30 - Outlaw Star - 7 - Creeping Evil
3:00 - Cowboy Bebop (Uncut) - 5 - Ballad of Fallen Angels
3:30 - Attack on Titan - 36 - Charge

Later.

BBboy20

FFUwFoB.jpg

7FDQKce.jpg

I told you guys last month the Tokyo Ghoul ending was fucking shit. Told you repeatedly. Why didn't you guys listen to my warnings? You also saw that Bisky...Bisky is feminine as fuck lol.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I enjoy Outlaw Star just for the setting. Not many fictional world's really deal with magic and tech coexisting with one another in a more reasonable way. Usually its like magic is something separate and disparate from all tech and they never interact. In Outlaw Star its just another option for getting something done or can even been combined and work together with tech in the case of things like Caster shells.

Rolling through GI dubbed. Killua was about to fuck up the dude that hit him with that Trace spell, dude was legit shook. Ok...who is voicing Genthru and why does he sound familiar?

Bisky bat seat gaming like a motherfucker. Do not call her old. Lol. Shits still funny.

"Yo Gon and Killua level grind off this murderer."

caliph95

Watching HxH while Bisky is smitten with Hisoka I think she is mostly playing it up so he won't be suspicious of her and let his guard down

Great outlaw star episode, though the femchar antagonists dont have to keep being prone to making mistakes.

Fred was good too, could have had more moments with James, if only fred could end up with gene :(

Morlas

It's both. Bisky isn't a sexual hermit like Genkai is.

The end of Hunterpedia for ep 63 is hilarious.

How would you feel if the man you loved decided he wanted to go be a muscle demon instead of coming back to the shack?

also yeah Magetta is pretty divisive and apparently frost has his critics as well.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Time for a dumb tier list for female characters in current Jump manga series!

Ideal tier:
-World Trigger: A battle shonen where there are great female characters (and fights with them), the author is in the midst of an 80 chapter arc that has a key focus on developing the main female character, and there is zero fan service. What's the catch? It's been in hiatus for almost a year :(
-Promised Neverland
-Gintama

So far so good tier:
Shudan! (soon to be cancelled)

Heavily utilized and competent but ridiculous fan service keeps them from ideal tier...tier:
-Food Wars

The "Why don't you use them more?" tier:
-HxH
-My Hero Academia
-Kimetsu no Yaiba

"Why are they dressed/drawn that way?" tier:
-One Piece
-Black Clover
-Dr. Stone

"No seriously, why are they dressed/drawn that way?" tier:
-Boruto

"Female characters? What are those?" tier:
-Hinomaru Zumou (to be fair, this is a bit better than the other two here due to the cool karate teacher)
-Haikyuu
-Robot x Laserbeam

Unranked tier:
The gag and romance series (and HM) that I don't know anything about.

PCzSqmh.gif

I think you mean Funimation made Magetta better in Super.
I have no idea what it sounded like in Japanese, but it sounds amazing in English.

He says "Choo-po!" in a normal human voice in a wide range of emotions and he most certainly doesn't speak his sound effects.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Going to watch last night's Super in Japanese to see what I think...but I love the teapot robot sound effects a lot so far.

caliph95

Ok i confesses I love Yellow Temperance especially his voice actor who sells it

GAZE UPON MY HANDSOME FACE WITH ENVY

YELLOW TEMPERANCE HAS NO WEAKNESS

TIME TO POWER UP WITH CRUSTACEANS

AREN'T I LUCKY TELL ME I'M LUCKY

I WAS JUST KIDDING IT WAS JUST A PRANK

"You were sunbathing with your school uniform on?"

"Yeah what of it?"
Lol Abdul asks the right questions
So if Kakyoin was an imposter, how did he make Hierophant Green appear?
More Jojo inconsistency?

"With your school uniform on?" "Yes"

......... Enemy Stand?
I think he just used his blob stand to look like Hierophant green since the assassins know about the crusaders stands

Or Araki originally intended for Kakyoin to be possessed

I already miss cntr he's the only one who can explain this shit

Ok i confesses I love Yellow Temperance especially his voice actor who sells it

GAZE UPON MY HANDSOME FACE WITH ENVY

YELLOW TEMPERANCE HAS NO WEAKNESS

TIME TO POWER UP WITH CRUSTACEANS

AREN'T I LUCKY TELL ME I'M LUCKY

I WAS JUST KIDDING IT WAS JUST A PRANK

The only bad thing is that, by nature of being in English, we don't get DO YOU UNDERSTAND randomly being in English.

Morlas

The only bad thing is that, by nature of being in English, we don't get DO YOU UNDERSTAND randomly being in English.

that's the only disadvantage of an english translation of a show that has random english thrown in....they shoulda had him say something random in japanese...wakaru-ka?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sorry, Noctis, I DON'T understand, because your story was so poorly executed that you had to watch a movie & a short anime to actually know what the hell was going on.

.....I can't believe Rubber Soul was voiced by Ray Chase, that's funny when you think about his other roles.

Meanwhile, next week we'll hear Imari Williams who was Augus in Asura's Wrath & Mizuken in HxH.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd really like to check out Silent Voice (though no idea who is handling the US release), along with Napping Princess which was written & directed by Kenji Kamiyami, who directed stuff like GitS SAC. Also wow, props for them for making that casting choice, really want to see how the dub turns out.

It's neat that we're getting more anime movies in US theaters that isn't big name stuff like Ghibli, Dragon Ball Z, etc. but man, I wish I could actually see them in theater. I got super lucky with Your Name & while the bigger screen made it a bit hard to keep an eye on the entire picture despite being a fast reader, it was still a great experience being able to witness such great animation on the big screen.

Top Bottom