• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

SO, the official ViZ manga release may have censored the Pregnancy Stones, but...they sure left this in FULL FORCE (NSFW warning?):

0158-011.png
All within the same volume, too!

Barbara Goodson acting as that Yellow Temperance lady sounded like Ursula from "The Little Mermaid" Disney film

Kinda fits considering that "The Little Mermaid" annihilated "All Dogs go to Heaven" in ticket sales...and she killed that dog

All three of these stories came out by the end of 1989 as well, like holy moly

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Really does show how hands off Togashi is if he can get away with a blatant pedo villain.

Part of me wonders how true those "locked in a hotel" stories are though... I know the manga industry is rough but that's just brutal.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Really does show how hands off Togashi is if he can get away with a blatant pedo villain.

Part of me wonders how true those "locked in a hotel" stories are though... I know the manga industry is rough but that's just brutal.

Douglas Adams had an old story about how his publisher got the final draft of Hitchhiker's Guide. Apparently his editor showed up and grabbed the draft he was working on and had it published, since he was taking too long. Hence the book ending where it does.

I think kind of androgynous sexually uncomfortable villains are so common in anime/manga that Togashi had no problem with it.

Top Bottom