• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

caliph95

How would he know about different countries and rumors of Dio' s minions when he's a high school student

Then again how did Abdul

Babidi and Bopobo last night on Toonami (11 seconds)

Next, Canon version of Bopobo vs Razor's spike

Finally, Hisoka and ...the Ball:
0163-001.png

caliph95

Why would a fat man fuck with an in shape dude that wears his shirt that fucking tight? Razor fucked that dude UP!!!!
The dude is a sumo and pretty strong but that was dumb he should have known how strong Razor is the rest do

He also was able to create a team with his own nen of 8 people and still has enough men to fuck shit up

caliph95

Razor also was able to create a team with his own nen of 8 people and still has enough men to fuck shit up

We know why Phinks was scared of him

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Blade Runner 2049 was pretty damn good. I think its a fitting sequel that also stands on its own and is also a feast for the eyes and a great bit of SciFI.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Today in "what the bloody hell, hollywood": Paramount Will Help Americans Understand ‘Your Name' By Remaking It In Live Action

...............how the hell does turning something animated to live-action make someone "understand" it better? ESPECIALLY something simplistic like Your Name!?

If you applied that logic to, say, Ghost in the Shell, MAYBE I could at least see the reasoning behind it due to the series being very heavy on politics & such, but Your Name? It's not a complex movie, what is there to "simplify"? The fact it'll just turn into another Freaky Friday film & give people something to compare it to? Hell, I'm having more trouble understanding this logic than the film itself. That's probably a bad sign if I'm more confused over why it should be turned into live-action (besides MOONNEEEYYY) than the actual source material.

Hell, imagine if this logic was applied to Dragonball Evolution. "We want to help Americans understand Dragonball by remaking it in live-action!" It sounds completely stupid, doesn't it?

Seda

Adaptations are fine. Different takes are fine. Whatever the outcome, it does not affect the original, nothing is ruined. If it is bad, nobody will care 5+ years from now.

Bad headlines are everywhere everyday. They are probably not worth the effort of discussion.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I mean, Edge of Tomorrow was better than All You Need is Kill. The issue with most of these adaptations is that the people involved tend to ignore the core of the stories they're trying to adapt. So long as they get that right there's no way for it to turn out badly.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I mean, Edge of Tomorrow was better than All You Need is Kill. The issue with most of these adaptations is that the people involved tend to ignore the core of the stories they're trying to adapt. So long as they get that right there's no way for it to turn out badly.
sorry, b-dubs, i don't understand your post, could you remake your post by having your avatar be a live-action version of batman. that way, i can understand it better somehow

Yeah, Edge of Tomorrow turned out well, but that was a novel first, & for some reason, Hollywood has a better chance of adapting a book well compared to anime or manga. Maybe it's because they're two different mediums & offer very different experiences, while with anime, you're still watching it, but then with a live-action version, can feel more limited because you're restricted to reality & have less control over how a scene plays out compared to animation, where you have control over every single frame & detail.

....but Seda's right. If it's bad, it'll just fade away into obscurity (until reviewers dig it up later for riffing and such) & it doesn't change the original in anyway. If anything, it makes you appreciate it more because of how it could've turned out.

I think it's fine to argue there are too many remakes/reboots in modern media.

To say that a reboot/remake ruins the previous work its based on though is weird to me.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
sorry, b-dubs, i don't understand your post, could you remake your post by having your avatar be a live-action version of batman. that way, i can understand it better somehow

Yeah, Edge of Tomorrow turned out well, but that was a novel first, & for some reason, Hollywood has a better chance of adapting a book well compared to anime or manga. Maybe it's because they're two different mediums & offer very different experiences, while with anime, you're still watching it, but then with a live-action version, can feel more limited because you're restricted to reality & have less control over how a scene plays out compared to animation, where you have control over every single frame & detail.

....but Seda's right. If it's bad, it'll just fade away into obscurity (until reviewers dig it up later for riffing and such) & it doesn't change the original in anyway. If anything, it makes you appreciate it more because of how it could've turned out.

I think it's more because they assume that so long as it looks cool that'll be enough (because that does tend to be enough for the original audience), also the caliber of writer/director involved tends not to be great.

My point is that everyone should wait to see who is doing it first. If it's Spielberg or someone near that tier then there's no way they'll fuck it up.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think it's more because they assume that so long as it looks cool that'll be enough (because that does tend to be enough for the original audience), also the caliber of writer/director involved tends not to be great.

My point is that everyone should wait to see who is doing it first. If it's Spielberg or someone near that tier then there's no way they'll fuck it up.
It's suppose to be J.J. Abrams, so at least it's in the hands of someone who has good movies under his belt, including reboots & such. I just tend to be wary of anime/cartoon to live action adaptations based on previous attempts.

I think it's fine to argue there are too many remakes/reboots in modern media.

To say that a reboot/remake ruins the previous work its based on though is weird to me.
If anything, I feel like they should expand on ideas introduced by franchises instead of just reusing the same characters.

Imagine if that Death Note movie by Netflix didn't have Light, but a new character that was from the same universe. The new character looks through the book, realizes the last pages to be written are in Japanese, acting as a nod towards Light being the previous user & establishing it's in the same universe. That way, you wouldn't have people bashing the movie because it's not the "right" version of Light, it'd be a new take on the idea without the constant comparing of how characters were adapted.

I even told my best friend about this idea & he said he was going to watch the movie with that mindset since it'd probably let him enjoy the movie more.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I still have no idea how the One Piece TV show is gonna work.
Then again, Star Trek Discovery has surprisingly good CGI, and Runaways looks really good, and Game of Thrones of course.

HStallion

I still have no idea how the One Piece TV show is gonna work.
Then again, Star Trek Discovery has surprisingly good CGI, and Runaways looks really good, and Game of Thrones of course.

Star Trek Discovery is a pretty expensive to produce show as far as I know. Maybe not Game of Thrones expensive but by no means is it a small budget affair.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Star Trek Discovery is a pretty expensive to produce show as far as I know. Maybe not Game of Thrones expensive but by no means is it a small budget affair.

Hmm interesting. I know a lot of the budget is due to reshoots and reworks as the show went through major development hell.

Wonder what kind of budget the one piece show will have...will they have a Brazilian guy play luffy etc

I'm far more concerned about budget reasons than potential white-washing scares. We'll cross that hurdle when it comes.

HStallion

Hmm interesting. I know a lot of the budget is due to reshoots and reworks as the show went through major development hell.

I think its like $6 to 7 million per episode which is close to Game of Thrones per episode budget.

Top Bottom