• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
let's face it

yamcha was only added because people thought it'd be funny if his "laying in crater" defeat pose was in the game somehow.

People in the announcement thread are theorizing that she's supposed to be
Gero's daughter or wife, same way 16 was based on Gero's son.

Hoping thats true, it would give Gero allot more depth watch that
Goku somehow killed his wife too along with his son.

Be careful spoiling too much stuff, we have some newbies to CBB this time around : )

I don't think you did, but it's easy to assume people have already all seen the series when that's not necessarily true.

Its not too much of a spoiler since the 1st episode does have some of the backstory and the outro does hint at Spike being in a gang/mafia before.

Watch the first episode of Cowboy Bebop again after seeing the rest of the series. Really makes it stand out.

Yeah the first episode of Trigun was the same way, theirs no overarching plot as of yet so as a 1 off it can introduce the main characters without going into a plot dump, it was a nice formula. champloo changed that by introducing the plot right away same as Michiko & Hatchin.

Dandy was worst case scenario of following that formula of just having every episode be a 1 off and then cram the plot in the last 3 episodes of its second season making it rushed as fuck and leading to a looping ending.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
e4QjXwK.jpg

So I was watching some Death Battle with Fairy Tale vs One Piece characters. FT sounds fucking stupid. How the hell does Natsu have a dragon dad...that's most likely a better dad than Ging.

caliph95

So I was watching some Death Battle with Fairy Tale vs One Piece characters. FT sounds fucking stupid. How the hell does Natsu have a dragon dad...that's most likely a better dad than Ging.
Adopted not a literal dad and Igneel is a saint compared to Ging

But yeah FT is stupid

Morlas

I think Fairy Tail was just that guy's excuse to draw t&a while still telling a low-effort story, because he wrote a much better manga before

caliph95

I think Fairy Tail was just that guy's excuse to draw t&a while still telling a low-effort story, because he wrote a much better manga before
Apparently Rave Master got too depressing for him, which is why FT was less darker relatively
And has no real consequences or hardships (mostly pretend)

He did try then stopped and pretty much made hentai without the "swordplay"

cntr

Banned
Early Fairy Tail was ok. Not great, but ok.

But then it got really stupid, and yeah, at some point he just stopped caring.

at some point DBZ just needs more lady fighters (and who knows if the game was finalizing its roster prior to some of the ones in Super), and in that regard 21 seems pretty good. but also it'd be cool to use some of the existing characters like chi-chi or videl or bulma for Fighterz? like, it's clearly not a question of plausible power levels since yamcha's here, though to be fair bulma with a very technology-based arsenal is the only one i could come up with a cool moveset for

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ya know, considering people have complained about MvC Infinite not having enough females (which is a valid argument when you consider UMvC3 had 12, 13 if we count Amaterasu, down to only 4 now), how is it I haven't heard the same thing towards DB Fighterz when so far, the roster has TWO women?

"Well it's not the final roster!"

Didn't stop people from complaining before we heard MvCI's final roster, especially when there's going to be DLC characters

Ya know, considering people have complained about MvC Infinite not having enough females (which is a valid argument when you consider UMvC3 had 12, 13 if we count Amaterasu, down to only 4 now), how is it I haven't heard the same thing towards DB Fighterz when so far, the roster has ONE woman?

Didn't stop people from complaining before we heard MvCI's final roster, especially when there's going to be DLC characters

I think people know to expect very few female fighters in Z.

Not so much in a crossover between Marvel and Capcom.

caliph95

Yeah Marvel and capcom has less excuse

Even worse when you remember how white the cast is at least on Marvel side besides Panther who is dlc but they needed to make room for Rocket

The new Rurouni Kenshin manga started! I'm gonna check this out, been soo long since I watched the series.

at some point DBZ just needs more lady fighters (and who knows if the game was finalizing its roster prior to some of the ones in Super), and in that regard 21 seems pretty good. but also it'd be cool to use some of the existing characters like chi-chi or videl or bulma for Fighterz? like, it's clearly not a question of plausible power levels since yamcha's here, though to be fair bulma with a very technology-based arsenal is the only one i could come up with a cool moveset for

If this was DB based then yeah I could see that, but since this is Z and Super based Chi Chi retired from fighting and only did practice to get Goku's hand in marriage and Bulma wasn't much of a fighter from the start. Yamcha made sense because he actually did fight even if he did lose, Bulma and Chi Chi don't even in a game like DB Fighter Z.

Videl is the only one I can see working but not her Super self, since she too retired from fighting.

Ya know, considering people have complained about MvC Infinite not having enough females (which is a valid argument when you consider UMvC3 had 12, 13 if we count Amaterasu, down to only 4 now), how is it I haven't heard the same thing towards DB Fighterz when so far, the roster has TWO women?

DB's character pool doesn't have much female fighters to go off on, not counting movie 1-offs and what I said above the selection is very slim unless you want to add
Caulifla and Kale
to the mix, 2 characters we barely know and don't even have an arc behind them as of yet.

caliph95

DB's character pool doesn't have much female fighters to go off on, not counting movie 1-offs and what I said above the selection is very slim unless you want to add
Caulifla and Kale
to the mix, 2 characters we barely know and don't even have an arc behind them as of yet.
Spoilers tag to be safe please

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Apparently Rave Master got too depressing for him, which is why FT was less darker relatively
And has no real consequences or hardships (mostly pretend)

He did try then stopped and pretty much made hentai without the "swordplay"

Which is sad because Rave Master was a legitimately good first manga. It avoided all of the things that dragged FT down. It's almost like he went backwards, growth-wise.

caliph95

Which is sad because Rave Master was a legitimately good first manga. It avoided all of the things that dragged FT down. It's almost like he went backwards, growth-wise.
Even the fights were better

Like the power system in Fairy Tail while not thought out had a lot of potential never utilized like Erza armors and weapons will be interesting if used properly by having her adapt to different situations but he stopped trying and had her use her most revealing armor and people just beat others because friendship

While in Rave Master while the sword can be convenient they have to actually use their brains and powers in creative ways to beat the enemies

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Even the fights were better

Like the power system in Fairy Tail while not thought out had a lot of potential never utilized like Erza armors and weapons will be interesting if used properly by having her adapt to different situations but he stopped trying and had her use her most revealing armor and people just beat others because friendship

While in Rave Master while the sword can be convenient they have to actually use their brains and powers in creative ways to beat the enemies

It's funny because about halfway through the sword stopped being an asspull machine and started requiring more thought.

Morlas

It's funny because about halfway through the sword stopped being an asspull machine and started requiring more thought.
It made sense when Haru started fighting stronger opponents the most unfortunate part was they ended the anime right after the King arc which I feel was when it starts hitting its stride

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It made sense when Haru started fighting stronger opponents the most unfortunate part was they ended the anime right after the King arc which I feel was when it starts hitting its stride

Exactly! The anime ended just as it was finally getting good.

I'll never understand how he went from endgame Rave to FT.

caliph95

*While Watching IT"
Man I miss psycho bullies it's probably because I didn't attend school in America but man the bullies in the 80s and 90s movie especially in King works are psychopaths

I should continue reading Rave master

but yeah one problem I had was that sword at least in the early fights acts like an asspull machine for Haru

The fights were still beyter

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I believe the most recent we have of Rave Master is that crossover with Fairy Tail, right?
I think Plue is part of the FT universe & will appear from time to time, not sure about an actual crossover.

......they did a crossover with Parasyte of all things, though.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I should continue reading Rave master

but yeah one problem I had was that sword at least in the early fights acts like an asspull machine for Haru

The fights were still beyter

It's not the best manga in the world, but it's far better than FT ever was. Even it's worst parts are better than the FT average.

Had he kept improving from there he could have done something special. Instead we got FT :(

Morlas

Honestly the bring system is way better than the nebulous fairy tail magic system because there's actual restrictions and risks about using them other than I'm tired now

caliph95

Honestly the bring system is way better than the nebulous fairy tail magic system because there's actual restrictions and risks about using them other than I'm tired now
I can't even remember chakra levels being really important in a fight beyond adding "tension"

It not like it matters when Erza can beat a meteor when every bone in her body except arm was broken

Chase17

So this talk about Mashima had me look up what he's done (never read Rave or FT). What a machine.
Since 1999; 35 volumes of Rave, 63 volumes of Fairy tail, and over FT's run he had three different points where he was also working on a monthly series (2,1,4 volumes respectively).

Wonder how long he waits before his next series lol.

Top Bottom