• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

Xe4

Banned
The only thing keeping me from watching MP100 right now is the hope it will come to Toonami.

If it isn't announced as the replacement of the next few shows I'll probably give in.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I need to make time to play the Octopath and EO V demo. Hell I never got around to Monster Hunter Stories which apparently has a super meaty demo as well.

So through the power of reloading I have resurrected Xcom Toonami-gaf, and with Jarate on the team, things are going well.

Tho...B-Dubs keeps getting shot every mission.

He's like Brett from Archer.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I finally have the chance to see Your Name in theaters, but then my best friend who also wanted to see it won't be able to now because of the timing & now I'm debating if I should wait so I can watch it with him since I've got nobody else to see it with.

bigkrev

I finally have the chance to see Your Name in theaters, but then my best friend who also wanted to see it won't be able to now because of the timing & now I'm debating if I should wait so I can watch it with him since I've got nobody else to see it with.

So fucking envious you can still see it in a theater. I'd go for a 4th time!

Morlas

I seen a few twice my parents made up a rule where you couldn't go see a movie more than twice when I was a kid because I kept wanting to watch a bugs life
as in it was the theaters rule

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So fucking envious you can still see it in a theater. I'd go for a 4th time!
It's because of some weird "kids flicks" thing they do with a bunch of other films. I can't even see it dubbed because the times are before I wake up (11 a.m. & 2 p.m., which...kids wouldn't even be out of school to see it), leaving only one time for each day for a week to see it subbed (which I don't mind).

I just feel kind of bad that my best friend also wanted to see it, & knowing the type of movies the director makes, figured it'd be best if we both went into it fresh at the same time....but this could be one of the only times I actually see an anime film at my theater, so I kind of want to make use of my chance...

Only movie I saw more than once was Pokemon 2000, because 2nd & 3rd times were with friends who hadn't seen it & I feel like having to see that movie three times was part of the downfall I had with Pokemon as a kid.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It sounds like Early 2021 is when Harmony Gold finally loses the rights to Macross. Assuming they don't do a last minute renewal...

It sounds like Early 2021 is when Harmony Gold finally loses the rights to Macross. Assuming they don't do a last minute renewal...

If that happens, it wouldn't surprise me if a company like Funimation or Sentai are quick to scoop it up to release it in its "original form."

Sentai has been doing staggered releases on their streaming service for Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Imagine if Sentai got the rights & decided to give it their own dub.

Starring Shinichi's & Akame's VAs!

artworks-000242827035-mkn1dk-t500x500.jpg

https://soundcloud.com/toonamishowdown/showdown026

"Something seems a little...off this week as we discuss refrigerator lights, white people music, Jude Law v. Judd Apatow: Dawn of Justice, Star Wars directors, beards, that Jaden Smith anime thing, how to purchase M.D. Geist, Bleach, The Mummy again, staying frosty, Xenoblade, and how to mathematically quantify our Naruto Shippuden suffering."

I'm not gonna say the weird thing we did with the podcast this week, but I think it should become pretty obvious at some point and it's probably one of the dumbest things we've done on an already really dumb podcast.

I may or may not watch Toonami tomorrow night.

Going to the beach with family.

Gonna....do stuff at the beach.

How do I beach again guys?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Try to act it like it's the beach episode from your favorite anime.

.......did Space Dandy even have a beach episode???

Xe4

Banned
makes me wish they had a mini arc or mini series about spikes past in the mafia. his story is soo interesting but you only get these chunks of it with flashbacks.
Be careful spoiling too much stuff, we have some newbies to CBB this time around : )

I don't think you did, but it's easy to assume people have already all seen the series when that's not nessesarily true.

On that note (SUPER SUPER HEAVY SPOILERS BEWARE:)
IMO Spike's backstory is best as a backstory. I don't think Vicious makes all together that great of a villain, nor do I think Julia makes that great of a love interest.

Rather I think both are crucial with the way Spike acts with regards to his new family on the Bebop and his actions towards the end. I feel absent of the ramifications of his past on his current behavior, Spike's backstory would be at best ok. I'd prefer Jet's past if a prequel had to be told, even though it's a fairly cut and dry neo noir tale.

Cowboy Bebop is truly about the whole being much, much greater than the some of its parts. No individual weave of the story is altogether fantastic, but they come to make something beyond amazing.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Lol Tien and Yamcha in Dragon Ball Fighter Z... also a new character, Android 21... a busty scientist.

Edit: Just saw a pic. She looks better than I expected.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Android 21, huh? Wonder if she'll appear in Super.

That's true.

The DBZ fighting game seems to have its own unrelated story. Toriyama also seems to be working on it directly in some respect as he designed Android 21. The story mode looks like DBZombies.

cntr

Banned
"busty scientist" was the dumbest way to describe her lmao, that's not her design at all

The DBZ fighting game seems to have its own unrelated story. Toriyama also seems to be working on it directly in some respect as he designed Android 21. The story mode looks like DBZombies.
Yeah, it's neat.

And maybe if she gets popular!

cntr

Banned
People in the announcement thread are theorizing that she's supposed to be
Gero's daughter or wife, same way 16 was based on Gero's son.

Yeah the description makes 21 worse than she actually is.

I thought she would look more animu than she actually is
She's a proper Toriyama design, so she's pretty good!

Top Bottom