• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

Mizerman

My ass has destroyed many a lawn chair

They do not make those things for people who are 6'4" amd weigh 320 lbs

A customized lawn chair will be heaven.

fEVpLV.gif

Lawn chairs are serious business.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Big O Season 3 when? Though after the what the fuck second season I'm not sure how they would even continue the story.

ckohler

Episode 72 "Nipples"
This week Grexeno, B-Dubs, and ckohler discuss video game hard modes, vuvuzelas, Excalibur, ora ora oras, HxH's world map, Detective Conan, and the Ctarl-Ctarl Empire.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode072.mp3

Timecodes:
0:04:17 News (SAO Ordinal Scale)
0:08:53 Dragonball Super
0:16:03 Dragonball Z Kai
0:25:24 Jojo: Stardust Crusaders
0:35:42 Tokyo Ghoul √a
0:40:08 Hunter x Hunter
0:48:30 Lupin the III
0:53:18 Naruto Shippuden
0:56:18 Outlaw Star
1:02:47 Wrap ups and Cowboy Bebop

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/podcast.rss

There's probably a reason why DBZ fans annoy me, Toonami is just "Goku time" nothing more, nothing less.

Eh, I understand why it's popular. Kinda like the Naruto situation back in the day.

At least this incarnation of Toonami is not going mad with Kai and Super marathons like the past Toonami with Naruto at times.

Saving the marathons for Holidays is fine with me since ratings would probably be down on those days anyway most of the time.

Eh, I understand why it's popular. Kinda like the Naruto situation back in the day.

At least this incarnation of Toonami is not going mad with Kai and Super marathons like the past Toonami with Naruto at times.

Saving the marathons for Holidays is fine with me since ratings would probably be down on those days anyway most of the time.
If you could tune in for Goku, the least you could do is tune in for Gon and Killua...or at least DVR it

Jarate

Banned
If you could tune in for Goku, the least you could do is tune in for Gon and Killua...or at least DVR it

As someone who is a huge Dragon Ball fan, the US fanbase is obsessed with nostalgia for the show, and dont really like other anime.

also, HxH doesnt have main characters with big muscles, and it's not edgy in obvious ways

As someone who is a huge Dragon Ball fan, the US fanbase is obsessed with nostalgia for the show, and dont really like other anime.

also, HxH doesnt have main characters with big muscles, and it's not edgy in obvious ways
A part of me is glad that they keep Funimation afloat but on the flipside of that coin fuck the US fanbase for not liking other anime that are better than DBZ. I'm a Gundam nut and like Gundam Wing...a lot, but it's not my favorite Gundam show.

HStallion

The Funimation app on the PS4 can get a little laggy and has crashed on me once already. Still works pretty good most of the time.

cntr

Banned
Big O Season 3 when? Though after the what the fuck second season I'm not sure how they would even continue the story.
iirc the reason why season 2 had such a weird ending was because they were told season 3 might happen so they decided to leave it sort of open-ended

so I guess they had something in mind??

iirc the reason why season 2 had such a weird ending was because they were told season 3 might happen so they decided to leave it sort of open-ended

so I guess they had something in mind??

What year is this?

cntr

Banned
You know, whoever came up with Big O's piston arm thing was a genius, since it's exactly the kind of hype thing a mecha needs to have, and it fits the tone and technology in Paradigm City really well.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I am the world's symbol of Peace and Justice!

ee2.gif

AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CENA.

I beat DQ VIII 3DS tonight. The Jessica ending is WEIRD, all signs point to Jessica liking Angelo and the hero/'orse princess being in love the entire time. It's not quite the absolute joke that marrying Deborah is in V but it's close, I guess no one should ever doubt Jessica's popularity though. Doubt I'll get the true wedding ending this time.

VIII 3DS changes are EXCELLENT. It's definitely the best version of the game.

This brings the total games I've beaten/completed since starting this mission a month ago today to 8 since I stopped playing FF V.

Pokémon Sun (Completed)
Pokémon Moon (Beaten and Completed)
Pokémon Red (151 Pokémon, living Pokédex)
Pokémon Blue (Beaten, need to trade the living dex over here for G/S transfers)
Pokémon Yellow (Beaten TWICE for living dex purposes)
Luigi's Mansion: Dank Moon (Beaten, left off about 90% done)
DQ VIII 3DS (Beaten, had about 5 hours left after Switch and Zelda came out)

The rest of my list for old stuff for the rest of the year only has one almost completed title on it, Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS. FF VII is in second with about 2/3rds completed while XBC 3DS is right in the final dungeon, deciding whether or not I want to spend my usual 15 hours getting all the end game stuff in order or not.

So with roughly a third of the year left I plan on beating:

Metroid:Samus Returns, will start this tomorrow. I'm planning to spend less than a week on this if I can.
Pokémon Gold, this should take a week or so.
Xenoblade Chronicles X, this has been hanging over me for quite some time as a massive fan of XC. This might take a month or more, but I can always play a portable game on the side.
Mario Odyssey, I guarantee I'll drop everything else to play this, the only question is how long it will last.
Zelda, Breath of the Wild. Beaten but not completed, I need a lot of shrines and sidequests, plus the DLC.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Yeah, this is becoming a bit difficult.

I also wanted to beat FF VI, VII, VIII, and IX this fall. Not going to make it because there's just no way I'll get to VI before October and I like taking my time with VIII and IX.

Next year I already have a loose plan of Twilight Princess HD, EO V, EO Untold 1, EO Untold 2, EO Mystery Dungeon, Persona Q, Strange Journey Redux, Radiant Historia, FF X, FF X-2, Steins;Gate, Steins;Gate 0, Apollo Justice 3DS. That might take me all damn year. Oh and that's ignoring PS4 (Monster Hunter World at the very least) and Switch (which could have just about anything on it and I know I could build a list of about five games to add to that. Not to mention I was also thinking about doing P3/P4G before Persona Q.

Seda

Yeah the 3DS version of DQ8 is easily the best. Turbo mode and no random encounters is good. New party members allow for new strategies. The post-game stuff is good.

In the last month or so I decided to marathon the Etrian Odyssey series before V releases. I've beaten the first 4 and now I'm doing The Millenium Girl. hooray

Then I need to catch up on Persona 5, Zelda, Nier, etc

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They changed a lot more than I ever expected in DQ VIII. There's a good 5-10 brand new scenes to fill in the story and at least that many altered to include the new playable characters. The new characters have legitimately interesting skill trees and some great bits of dialogue too, making me want to bring them along most of the time (I found that the traditional party, at least how I had everyone skilled out, was better for bosses though.) It's a shame I just can't bring myself to do another DQ post game, despite loving the one for VIII PS2 (it's damn near mandatory because you'll want to unlock instant alchemy pot.) and I hear this one has another even more super dungeon.

Holy Shit Seda can play EO games fast, good on you. I tend to be a completionist on them and that slows me down something fierce. I believe I played one and two for 100 hours each and 3 for around 70.

I'm not even thinking about the PS4 games I haven't bought like RE 7, Nier:Automata (kinda hoping for a current gen port of Nier before doing this one) Horizon, Persona 5. That stuff is just going to have to wait.

I just realized I also intended to do the entire Mario and Luigi Saga next year. At least those are breezy for the first three titles...and I didn't even put Ultra Sun in my plans for this year. Damn. I'm going to kill this 3DS backlog of stuff I really want to play and write off most of my Vita one. This is getting to be too much.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I still have stuff from the magical 3DS years of 2013/2014 on my plate that I'm just ignoring. As well as some stuff on Vita I got at ludicrously low prices without the intent to ever play them. Steam sale level prices for weird ass Japanese games and remakes of stuff/PS1 rips.

I'm definitely going to do all those EO games. First thing when I finish the stuff from the 2017 list. So EO V will start, then EO 1/2 Untold, then Mystery Dungeon as a palette cleanser. I'll skip Persona 3/4G for now, and play the two Devil Survivor games instead. Maybe finish Soul Hackers (I was RIGHT at the end of that one a bad habit of mine.) and do Strange Journey Redux and Persona Q. I'll play FF X/X-2 during the months I usually play FF V, and play FF V only twice instead of 4-6 times. I'll ignore Twilight Princess HD and Bayonetta 1/2 for the time being. I will take a week and finally do the rest of Steins;Gate and 0. Then I'll do the Mario and Luigi games next fall.

Good thing about this list is I'm only buying 3 games, EO V, EO 2 Untold, which I've been waiting for a sale, and Strange Journey. That's still like 5 months worth of very similar Atlus games. Maybe I'll switch back to my day of the week schedule I used in 2014.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've also disgraced myself by never finishing Birthright or starting Revelations, and I haven't even bought Echoes because I got no time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm kind of hoping nothing I truly care about comes out in Nov. since I want to either work on backlog stuff/focus on games from Oct. (mainly Odyssey) & the fact I'll probably get a few games on Black Friday, plus Xenoblade 2 right at the beginning of Dec. (hoping to pre-order the LE)

& despite getting MvC Infinite next week, Danganronpa V3 & the SNES Classic the week after, I might try asking for Mario + Rabbids as a b-day gift (I'm betting I won't & will just get gift cards for Amazon, Best Buy, or whatever) or wait until a sale or Xmas.

September has been expensive with all the games (Metroid, MvC:I, Danganronpa V3, SNES Mini, & despite waiting for a sale, Senran Kagura PBS) and the fact I had to deal with 3 birthdays (my dad's, his wife, & my best friend, which I'm just knocking $25 off his SNES Mini)....

Chase17

I own VIII 3DS but have for some reason decided not to start it until I finish VII (which I don't think I'm even 10% through since I get side tracked by other games).

HStallion

Yeah the Switch is now an enticing enough proposition I'm considering going after one of those Mario Odyssey Switch bundles coming out.

Top Bottom