• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top 25 SNES games via the wisdom of the crowd.

Macka

It makes sense that Chrono Trigger and Terranigma weren't included, as good as it would have been. Chrono Trigger never made it to PAL regions (until the DS version), and Terranigma never made it to the US (until the Wii Virtual Console?). Why pay the licensing fees for those games when a good chunk of the audience has probably never heard of them before?

or NHL 94!
Even ignoring that it's a licensed game, this wouldn't have been very popular outside of the US and Canada.

Zalman

Man, the only game I'm really sad about is DKC2. I get why it's not included, but it really deserved it. Personally I would take that instead of Super Ghouls and Ghosts or Kirby's Dream Course.

D.Lo

Illusion of Gaia outshipped both Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger outside Japan (450K), of course the selection for the SNES Classic is not just a matter of what a game sold in the west at the time.
Well, all Enix stuff got the shaft really.

Top Bottom