• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
SpaceBridge said:
Id be up for a meet up, but since I so new, Ill wait until you all get to know me better and vice versa. :)

this isn't a dating site... we skip the small talk.

Look, now that I'm unemployed, if we meetup at any place at anytime, as long as I can sit down, leech some wifi and coffee, I'm good. :p

whitehawk

Banned
Zombie James said:
I wouldn't mind but can we wait until the Fall? This heat and humidity does nothing but sap my energy.
I'm down. I hate the heat.

It would be harder, but a Wonderland GAF meetup would be epic. I wish someone would have a house party like that one GAFer in L.A. (Was it LA?)

Entropia said:
I believe the quote of someone who tried to go was; "I went but no one there looked like they were from GAF so I left."
Google Image Search for "GAF Party":

5byKx.jpg

Draff

I was in Portland, Oregon about a month ago and I went to this "barcade" called Ground Kontrol. Cheap retro games (25 cents), lots of pinball machines, and of course, drinks.

It makes me sad that there's nothing like that in Toronto but I think the concept would do well here.

RS4-

Draff said:
I was in Portland, Oregon about a month ago and I went to this "barcade" called Ground Kontrol. Cheap retro games (25 cents), lots of pinball machines, and of course, drinks.

It makes me sad that there's nothing like that in Toronto but I think the concept would do well here.

We had Funland and...yeah that wasn't a great place but probably the closest we had to a retro arcade.

I used to get threats from people that played 3s there hahaha

whitehawk

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
Also the few times I've walked by it, the place was fucking crowded...gotta find a different place
Not for me. I've been there 4 times and I always found a table. I never went during the weekend.

Rinoa

There are no more real arcades in Toronto like Funland/etc but A&C is doing what they can with the newly opened A&C world. I haven't been there yet but want to sometime.

http://torontoist.com/2011/06/congratulations_your_ac_games_evolved_into_ac_world.php
https://acgamesonline.dc1.netfirms.com/acgamesonline.com/acworld.htm

Snakes and Lattes needs to rethink their concept. It's a crowded hangout for kids who can't afford better food/other activities and have a lot of free time to waste, incl time waiting to go in and time waiting for food.

RS4-

I'm 1 for 1 joining and winning an A&C tournament!

The redesigned arcade at Pacific Mall is terrible. The only real arcade we have left is Getty.

Joule

That's really cool. I should check it out sometime. Seems like they have a tournament today. I wouldn't mind just hopping over to play some fighting games.

I love A&C Games. They do so much for the local gamer community in the city, but damn their prices can be a bit wonky. For example, $50 for SMT Devil Summoner 1, disc only no case/manual. Eeek.

Woke up now to a bed shaking roar. Sounds like jurassic park out there. Biggest thunder and lightning storm I've ever seen. This is huge!!!

5:30 am.

Anony

woke up to the thunder as well
thunder and lightning non stop, it's crazy, i can feel the thunder and it's super loud

decided to actually wake up at 7am, but i was waken up from the thunder before

criesofthepast said:
Woke up now to a bed shaking roar. Sounds like jurassic park out there. Biggest thunder and lightning storm I've ever seen. This is huge!!!

Exact time I woke up too. Was planning to go for a run, but not in this mess.

criesofthepast said:

Massive thunder crash woke me up too. It was wild.

criesofthepast said:

Funny, I was just about to sleep at that point, heard it, thought it could be the end of the world, but didn't give a rats ass to get up and verify it was actually a thunderstorm.

Rinoa

http://www.facebook.com/#!/notes/ottilie-mason/rob-ford-mayor-of-toronto-seen-talking-on-cell-phone-while-driving-then-gives-ci/10150278548193609

Apparently Rob ford gave the finger to a mother and her 6 year old after they caught him driving while talking on cellphone.

I thought driving+phone is something he supposedly is trying to crack down on?

AlphaTwo00 said:
Funny, I was just about to sleep at that point, heard it, thought it could be the end of the world, but didn't give a rats ass to get up and verify it was actually a thunderstorm.
Heh similar thing happened to me during the quake. I was asleep when the rattling and a loud banging of the door woke me up. Managed to figure out that my window was closed so it couldn't have possibly been the wind. Decided that an earth quake was the most likely thing and then promptly went back to sleep.

Roto13

Rinoa said:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/notes/ottilie-mason/rob-ford-mayor-of-toronto-seen-talking-on-cell-phone-while-driving-then-gives-ci/10150278548193609

Apparently Rob ford gave the finger to a mother and her 6 year old after they caught him driving while talking on cellphone.

I thought driving+phone is something he supposedly is trying to crack down on?
I really hope this is true.

Stet

Banned
a176 said:
I heard Rob Ford sneezed and didn't even excuse himself.
Yeah, I guess it's too bad that Ford ran for mayor on a hypocritical platform of continually pointing out how other candidates never excuse themselves after sneezing...oh wait.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Got a question for TO GAF.

I'm stuck on my G2 and would like to move on...can anyone recommend a reputable school?

I'm rusty and need a lot of practice...

Quick

Banned
criesofthepast said:
This seems pretty cool.

FREE viewing of Source Code outside Maple Leaf Square tonight at 9pm on the big screen.

How long have they been doing these movie nights?

http://www.mapleleafsquare.com/

Saw the Tweet just recently, so I'm assuming this is the first. Could be wrong, though. Good use of the giant-ass screen.

Might head down if they play a movie I like, clearly too late now. :p

Zombie James said:
So apparently Rob Ford owes the city $13,362.25 over 483 campaign infractions.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ed-to-fords-election-campaign/article2108259/

At last, we've found some gravy.

web-ford-signs1_1301372cl-3.jpg

RS4-

criesofthepast said:
This seems pretty cool.

FREE viewing of Source Code outside Maple Leaf Square tonight at 9pm on the big screen.

How long have they been doing these movie nights?

http://www.mapleleafsquare.com/

I am so going for Twilight

I forgot they were doing something like this at Ontario Place:
tumblr_lodjw80wJQ1qc7a1uo1_500.jpg

I forgot to head down this past weekend for Bueller; I wish SM3 and MK would be there during the 2k week lol. I might just head down for all three 2000 films.

Kuro Madoushi said:

I'm stuck on my G2 and would like to move on...can anyone recommend a reputable school?

I went to CAA back in the day

Roto13

Magik

Kuro Madoushi said:

I went with AMB driving school. Had two great drivers back than.

Top Bottom