• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Zzoram

The Fords are scum and their plans to destroy Toronto should be causing even more outrage.

I'm surprised the police didn't ticket Ford for driving and talking on a cellphone. Afterall, the Fords want the police to patrol without a partner to save money, putting their lives at greatly increased risk.

I'm so scared that Hudak will win the Fall election, resulting in Conservaties running every level of government. Hudak's wife was an architect of the Mike Harris Common Sense Revolution so we can expect him to be exactly the same, perhaps worse due to a Conservative Prime Minister around to support him.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So, do these things actually change anyone's minds? I sort of feel all of the councillors are going to feel how they feel and people like Ford are just sitting through this trying to pass the day.

Brinbe

Divvy said:
So, do these things actually change anyone's minds? I sort of feel all of the councillors are going to feel how they feel and people like Ford are just sitting through this trying to pass the day.
Pretty much, this isn't going to do a thing to change his mind.

Zzoram

Maybe Atwood should take up Ford's challenge and run for Mayor next election. She would probably win and certainly do a better job.

Zzoram

Divvy said:
Wow this guy did a great pitch.
About what? You guys need to post details so we know what youre talking about. Not everyone is watching live and not everyone is reading the thread live even if they're watching live.

Divvy

Sorry, it was the Habitat for Humanity guy who talked about the successes of their program. From how none of the kids who grew up in HoH built homes ever grew up to require living in them to how HoH is successful because there isn't much red tape to cut through. Overall I think he may have converted some of the more cynical councillors to support his program, but then again I am a bit of an optimist.

If I ever get busted talking on my phone in the car I'm going to say I was inspired by the Mayor of Toronto and if he can't get a ticket; I should be allowed to do the same

Divvy

I am fairly surprised by how well prepared and well spoken some of these speakers are.

Divvy

a176 said:

1.Cancel Transit city, replacing it with costly and pointless subway extension. As a result, city has to pay millions in contract cancellation fees due to the program having already gone underway.

2.Jarvis bike lane laid down, months later removed at 4 times the cost to lay it down.

3.Cancel Vehicle registration fees.

=

Oh no! We're short on money! Time to slash social programs and transit even though we promised we wouldn't!

Boogie

Zzoram said:
I'm surprised the police didn't ticket Ford for driving and talking on a cellphone. Afterall, the Fords want the police to patrol without a partner to save money, putting their lives at greatly increased risk.

You can't really give a ticket "after the fact" like that. Well, I suppose you could, but it's a waste of resources.

Also, the Fords can say whatever they want, there's no way in hell that two-man cars get taken away for evening/overnight shifts. The police union will fight tooth and nail on that as a basic officer safety issue. Not gonna happen.

Ford is being a hardass with his stopwatch. Not a second more than 3 minutes to speak even if your about to finish. Douche just cuts you off.

Started watching the cp24 stream now and it's very interesting. Some good stuff here.

daemonic

Banned
a176 said:

Well between scrapping Transit City, removal of bike lanes, absence at the Pride parade, and now the talks of library privitization, I'd say he's done more than enough. And that's really just to name a few.

Quick said:

Speaker mentioned petition numbers, people started cheering and wouldn't stop. Then, Ford says that a counsellor's time expired because people were cheering. Marmoliti then says that if people cheer again he'll call for an end to the meeting.

Do they realize their are cameras recording that? If they end a meeting because of some cheering its going to come back to haunt them

But idiot politicians always seem to forget that we can record video and show it over and over :eek:

LOL Ford looks so tired

EDIT - OMG, the crazy looking lady who was just talking used to raise points of orders at Liberal Party meetings all the time and just pissed everyone off lol........such a character

Quick

Banned
Zombie James said:

1233928590_citizen%20kane%20clapping.gif

tumblr_lmt3xtIjG71qe3fneo1_400.gif

tumblr_llof9qMaQ41qfx711.gif

rikerslowclap.gif

Yea......didn't know kids were allowed to speak at these things

Now shit is going down

Rules at these types of meetings do suck but they are there to make the process move along =/

Top Bottom