• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
In class biw. Fuckin cold last week so I bundled up good for today.

Sigh...never thought I'd see the day when I had trouble understanding test questions; man, they were poorly worded! I knew the answers, but the framing of the question was so bloody awkward. The ESL teacher in me cringes.

Apparently there is a chiptune orchestra playing at Nuit Blanche.. I wonder if it will be one of those things where you line up for hours to get inside to watch.
Either way.. I'm off to buy 7 tall cans of beer... I've decided to go art crazy tonight! (or at least get drunk outside in the cold)

cbox

Dunno if I'm heading out tonight or not, I was mega disappointed last year.

^ your tall can has given me some ideas, I haven't had some cider in a while :D

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Every Nuit Blanche I have been to has been worst than the last so yeah, not heading out tonight.

Takao

Banned
Checked out some things at Nuit Blanche tonight, I ... uh ... yeah. Seen a bunch of wasted/high people, and people racing through the closed streets.

dantehemi

Anybody from Toronto-gaf work construction for a living? I'm in fire protection (fire protection sprinklers in condos) right now I'm working down at the distillery district at the "clear spirit" project...beautiful building and there building the "gooderham" project right beside it, I will also be installing the fire protection their.

So guys who else works construction? Would be cool to find out someone works on my job site.

srst

Food truck lineups at the Distillery was crazy. The Gorilla Cheese line stretched from where I was to the black truck and 2-4 people wide.

ZeFyG.jpg

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'm glad we went out this afternoon and not tonight. It's just not my taste.

Zzoram said:
I just heard that Hudak is in the lead again on the radio.

UGH.

I heard Hudak has started playing the 'coalition' card, believing the NDP and Liberals will team up to form a government if there's no majority.

Zzoram

Why are Conservatives so good at coming up with names/phrases for their opponents and ideas that they just keep repeating until everyone just accepts that they are bad?

Why do people keep falling for it too?

Zzoram said:
Why are Conservatives so good at coming up with names/phrases for their opponents and ideas that they just keep repeating until everyone just accepts that they are bad?

Why do people keep falling for it too?

because people are very stupid

sammich

Just an update to the Teksavvy internet issue that poeple on the Scarlett POI were having issues with(West end). Everything seems to be resolved now. Things are back to normal. Actually they are back to faster than what i used to get speeds. A lot faster. It seems to have been fixed this past Friday. So for now things look good, though i will wait a week or 2 before i start recommending them to anyone again.

Roto13

Nuit Blanche was so bad it was actually funny. I saw a huge crowd of people ooh-ing and ahhh-ing over fucking mimes. My friend wanted to see the flying people at City Hall, so we punched and kicked our way through the crowds to get down there and it was just some dudes on a zipline. (I'm assuming there was more than one dude. One guy zipped across when we first got there and nothing else had happened 10 minutes later when we left.)

hmm... I was at Trinity Bellwoods 20 minutes before they say that shooting happened. Interesting.

I had a great time at Nuit Blanche anyways. I just walked around looking at random things with some friends. Nothing seemed very artistic but that doesn't bother me. I love when there are lots of people outside for any reason and the streets are being used differently.

Nuit Blanche was boring as fuck. A lot of obnoxious teenagers and not much to do. I was attacked as well. Had my glasses busted. Followed the guy down the street confronted him, told him that I was coming for him, tailed him some more and finally had him brought down by a group of cops.

Protip: Don't fuck with me.

My girl and I went for drinks out of the area after that.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
DoctorWho said:
Nuit Blanche was boring as fuck. A lot of obnoxious teenagers and not much to do. I was attacked as well. Had my glasses busted. Followed the guy down the street confronted him, told him that I was coming for him, tailed him some more and finally had him brought down by a group of cops.

Protip: Don't fuck with me.

My girl and I went for drinks out of the area after that.

If I ever get in trouble, you're the first person I'll send a PM.

Sounds like most people didn't find Nuit Blanche worth their time this year.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Just went to Coco Rogue. I'm not a big chocolate guy, and I was sooo fucking impressed. If you like chocolate, and don't mind spending... a bit more, go. It's awesome.

EvilMario said:
Like all cowardly Liberals lately; McGuinty rejects possible coalition with NDP or Tories

Not like parties should work together for the best interest of the population.

It's dumb to say you'd be in favour of a coalition during an election. Everybody's in it to win a majority, saying you want to form a coalition is admitting defeat, especially when you're the incumbent. If McGuinty wins a minority he'll have no choice if he wants to stay in power.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Zombie James said:
It's dumb to say you'd be in favour of a coalition during an election. Everybody's in it to win a majority, saying you want to form a coalition is admitting defeat, especially when you're the incumbent. If McGuinty wins a minority he'll have no choice if he wants to stay in power.

BladeWorker said:
It's not cowardly to go balls-out for glory.

It IS cowardly - and paranoid, I might add - to suggest someone is going to conspire against you when there's never been any such indication.

Definitely. I despise the PC making coalition a taboo word. But the Liberals always play right into it, instead of defending keeping all options open. Maybe it's just election talk, but I still hate it on all fronts. Lies left and right. You don't have to 'admit defeat' to come out and say they'll wait and see how the election shapes up and all options should be considered in the best interest of the people they'll be representing.

EvilMario said:
Definitely. I despise the PC making coalition a taboo word. But the Liberals always play right into it, instead of defending keeping all options open. Maybe it's just election talk, but I still hate it on all fronts. Lies left and right. You don't have to 'admit defeat' to come out and say they'll wait and see how the election shapes up and all options should be considered in the best interest of the people they'll be representing.

"THE TAX MAN WANTS TO FORM A SHADY TAX COALITION WITH THE TAX-GRAB NDP."

EvilMario said:
And if humans weren't such reactionary beings there would be a "correct" strategic response.

Unfortunately, we are, and there isn't. Other than the schoolyard "you smelt it, you dealt it," which, admittedly, might actually raise the calibre of discussion in some circles.

cbox

Trying my hardest not to respond back to some political facebook messages some friends are posting. It's sad knowing the attack ads seem to be working on some people...

ConvenientBox said:
Trying my hardest not to respond back to some political facebook messages some friends are posting. It's sad knowing the attack ads seem to be working on some people...

It'll all be over soon, one way or another.

ConvenientBox said:

Negative Advertising Works (TM).

BigJonsson said:
I love when my friends vote for parties that directly contradict their personal interests =/
If I had a penny, for every time I heard that, something something...

(wow, second cliché post in a single page. I must be feeling cynical about this election, or something).

Rinoa

I remember in 2006-7 when Nuit Blanche was just a pleasant surprise as we happened to be out on a fall night. Those were the only years I experienced it, while on the way home from other things.

Since then, I watched from a distance as Nuit Blanche turned into teenagers terrorizing the city. All in the name of witnessing corporate advertising disguised as art. Normally I wouldn't care, but it's just a disgrace.

Fuzzy said:
I sometimes want to punch my brother in the face.

That's me every day, yesterday mine legit said, "I'm voting for ___ because I don't like ____'s face".

edit:
image1zq9.jpg

old pictures from friend and I encountering nuit blanche in 2006 after the PLAY! concert (now known as FF distant worlds)

Crowds weren't huge, a lot of people stumbled upon it like we did. Luckily his parents were UfT faculty so we could park near the fog installation and not freeze our arses off.

StevieP

Banned
BigJonsson said:
I love when my friends vote for parties that directly contradict their personal interests =/

I don't mean to sound like a pinko commie, but isn't that what right-leaning politics is all about?

ShaneB

Suggestions for best moving company? Basically just have stuff to fill a 1 bedroom apartment, and want to move it all this weekend. I guess it's another case of you get what you pay for, and I was in contact with Agility Moving based on good recommendations. They wrap things up and all that, and I figure I'll be spending 3-400 bucks, but saving some cash would be nice of course.

Magnus

Rinoa said:
I remember in 2006-7 when Nuit Blanche was just a pleasant surprise as we happened to be out on a fall night. Those were the only years I experienced it, while on the way home from other things.

Since then, I watched from a distance as Nuit Blanche turned into teenagers terrorizing the city. All in the name of witnessing corporate advertising disguised as art. Normally I wouldn't care, but it's just a disgrace.

That's me every day, yesterday mine legit said, "I'm voting for ___ because I don't like ____'s face".

edit:
image1zq9.jpg

old pictures from friend and I encountering nuit blanche in 2006 after the PLAY! concert (now known as FF distant worlds)

Crowds weren't huge, a lot of people stumbled upon it like we did. Luckily his parents were UfT faculty so we could park near the fog installation and not freeze our arses off.
Play and Distant Worlds aren't part of the same concert series, afaik.

sammich

Kinitari said:
Just went to Coco Rogue. I'm not a big chocolate guy, and I was sooo fucking impressed. If you like chocolate, and don't mind spending... a bit more, go. It's awesome.

Oh shit.. awesome. My GF is a chocolate fiend. Im def going to take her. Thanks for that.

cbox

Speaking of chocolate, I found a lindt factory near my house that sells discount chocolates. I'm in love with sea-salt and hot pepper chocolate, god GOD.

Represent. said:
Drizzy Drake putting Toronto on the map, I respect this man.

I'm not really into that auto-tune style hip hop but I do approve of rappers not being afraid to show they are from Toronto/Canada. Drake and Kardinal do a great job of showing their pride in the city.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
ConvenientBox said:
Speaking of chocolate, I found a lindt factory near my house that sells discount chocolates. I'm in love with sea-salt and hot pepper chocolate, god GOD.
Where is this magical Wonka factory???

Didn't think we had one in the GTA.

Top Bottom