• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Flash said:
Is there any site where we can see projected riding numbers for the upcoming provincial elections? Parkdale-High Park here.

Federal Riding Projection is not how you spell Provincial Riding Projection. I can't read.

Flash said:
Is there any site where we can see projected riding numbers for the upcoming provincial elections? Parkdale-High Park here.

I was wondering this too. All I was able to find was the overall seat projection... or the numbers from the last election.

added_time said:
SUC51463.JPG
Barbie isn't conforming to the uniform policy. No wonder it's suspicious.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
BigJonsson said:
You sure that isn't the numbers from the last federal election?

I could have sworn it wasn't but on further examination, that is exactly what it appears to be. It happened to be right beside the most recent article about the provincial election. Now I feel dumb. :/

Deraldin said:
I could have sworn it wasn't but on further examination, that is exactly what it appears to be. It happened to be right beside the most recent article about the provincial election. Now I feel dumb. :/
That the provincial ridings correspond to the federal ridings doesn't make it easy. Some people in the industry have to do a double take from time to time, don't feel too bad.

Sober

How is High Park this time of year? Haven't been in a while and I was hoping to visit when autumn finally kicks into gear for real (the leaves have barely changed colour).

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Sober said:
How is High Park this time of year? Haven't been in a while and I was hoping to visit when autumn finally kicks into gear for real (the leaves have barely changed colour).

Given how dry the summer was for so long, I wouldn't expect a lot of colour this year compared to most.

High Park is lovely year round, and fall is a wonderful time to stroll through with more people avoiding the park with the cooler weather.

October last year:

QDWwB.jpg

Zzoram

Private zoos are known for terrible treatment of animals. That's how they make a profit margin, stop paying for animal welfare.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Zzoram said:
There shouldn't even be a person there, the whole process can be automated.
Heh...too much faith in Torontonians...

The TTC is a piece of poorly managed shit.

Wanna keep costs low? Fuck drivers making more than 60k/year.

StevieP

Banned
Zzoram said:
Private zoos are known for terrible treatment of animals. That's how they make a profit margin, stop paying for animal welfare.

Yep, that's what the articles I posted were getting at. Riverdale and the Zoo were both government-run, and both were the only ones that scored healthy. They know, for the most part, how to treat the animals and care for them... they have been a great example for decades, and have even just recently won a conservation award.

Is there any way we can stop this?

I need help picking a bar for tomorrow evening/night, what bars downtown have good friday night drink specials?

Somewhere around Union or the entertainment district

Prax

I demand my Toronto Zoo to stay safe.

Is there any way to kick Ford out and reinstate the vehicle tax or something? :I

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Prax said:
I demand my Toronto Zoo to stay safe.

Is there any way to kick Ford out and reinstate the vehicle tax or something? :I

Looking at recent pictures of him, he isn't long for this world. I'm not one to wish death on any person in particular so... maybe let's just hope he becomes such a slob that he can't continue to be a 'mayor' anymore?

Prax

I am also mad at all the short-sighted people that voted him in in the first place.
WHY ARE PEOPLE SO SELFISH AND GREEDY AND SHORT-SIGHTED?!
And how do they fall for such obvious pandering and BS?

I sometimes cannot even comprehend!

All I can hope for is a non-screwed Ontario election at this point. All this BS about "taxes are too high" is sooooo US-politics that I didn't think it would fly here in Canada, yet here we are.

Hey guys, what are the chances of Toronto making the playoffs this year? Slim or... no chance at all? >_>

cbox

To be honest, none of the mayoral candidates were any good. They in my eyes were all equally bad, Rob ford being the worst. Maybe Hazel should run for mayor of Toronto next lol

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
ConvenientBox said:
To be honest, none of the mayoral candidates were any good. They in my eyes were all equally bad, Rob ford being the worst. Maybe Hazel should run for mayor of Toronto next lol

Agreed (except for the Hazel part). Smitherman would have been a different sort of train wreck.

Miller really screwed us when he decided not to run for re-election. I guess this is a job no one in their right mind wants. I know Bob Rae's name has been tossed around for the next election, if he doesn't run for the head of the Liberal party. I know in the 'gay-community' downtown, they want Wong-Tam elected. I don't see that happening, but it would be a vast improvement!

Prax said:
Hey guys, what are the chances of Toronto making the playoffs this year? Slim or... no chance at all? >_>

If you're talking hockey, I'd say the Leafs have a chance to compete for the 7/8th slots, just like last year. Young and still growing, but at least they're doing it right this time; building young.

If you're talking Blue Jays; probably no chance. There are already three very good teams in their division, but the Jays do have great young talent. If injuries hurt a few other teams more than the Jays, maybe they could squeak in.

If you're talking about Raptors; there might not even be a season. And the roster assembled in one of the most terrible in the league. They have young players that can score, but it doesn't appear anyone cares about defense. Dwane Casey might improve them a bit in that department, but you can't teach a rock to swim.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
ConvenientBox said:

Hwah?

They weren't all the best to choose from, but I could see immediately that Rob was a bad idea. His campaigning felt like US republican campaigning.

Holmes

Deraldin said:
Those are his provincial projections... they even have PC parties instead of Conservative, and there's the Saskatchewan Party for the Saskatchewan election. o_O

This guy's projections are kinda shit, though. Not that I would object to winning 63% in my home riding.

Prax

EvilMario said:
If you're talking hockey, I'd say the Leafs have a chance to compete for the 7/8th slots, just like last year. Young and still growing, but at least they're doing it right this time; building young.

Oh yes, just hockey. I gave up on baseball a looong time ago. ;__;
I'm excited to finally get to watch hockey again with my sistr and dad. Those are fun family times, even if the Leafs lose so often. It's just fun cheeringf or when they DO get the puck in.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
EvilMario said:
I know Bob Rae's name has been tossed around for the next election, if he doesn't run for the head of the Liberal party.
One of the terms of him being named interim leader was that he wouldn't run for full leadership.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Fuzzy said:
One of the terms of him being named interim leader was that he wouldn't run for full leadership.

Ah, I didn't know that was a stipulation. I guess running for Mayor in three years really does make sense for him then.

Prax said:
Oh yes, just hockey. I gave up on baseball a looong time ago. ;__;
I'm excited to finally get to watch hockey again with my sistr and dad. Those are fun family times, even if the Leafs lose so often. It's just fun cheeringf or when they DO get the puck in.

I definitely find the Leafs easy to cheer for! The lovable losers! They haven't succeeded for so long that I can just enjoy watching the game and any time they do anything good, it feels like a bonus!

cbox

Kinitari said:
Hwah?

They weren't all the best to choose from, but I could see immediately that Rob was a bad idea. His campaigning felt like US republican campaigning.

oops, meant to say the other guys were bad equally, and rob ford was on another level of bad

Quick

Banned
added_time said:
I definitely find the Leafs easy to cheer for! The lovable losers! They haven't succeeded for so long that I can just enjoy watching the game and any time they do anything good, it feels like a bonus!

Don't go to the NHL-GAF thread. I need you to keep your upbeat optimism.

Hieberrr

Holy crap, even though I go to Ryerson, I went to the Urban Eatery for the first time... and it looked glorious! I can't even begin to explain how amazing it looks! It's like taking the look of a really nice airport... and making a food court out of it. Okay, maybe that just sounds bad, but WOW.. I was amazed! Good job Cadillac Fairview (Y).

It also has one of the nicest McDonald's that I have EVER seen! Jeebus...

http://imgur.com/UGPMC&dlahh&rH4M5&mY038&qLR8n&iPDeF&KAHvK&KAoLj&G5bPU&1Dc7v&G9DVC

Quick

Banned
Hieberrr said:
Holy crap, even though I go to Ryerson, I went to the Urban Eatery for the first time... and it looked glorious! I can't even begin to explain how amazing it looks! It's like taking the look of a really nice airport... and making a food court out of it. Okay, maybe that just sounds bad, but WOW.. I was amazed! Good job Cadillac Fairview (Y).

It also has one of the nicest McDonald's that I have EVER seen! Jeebus...

http://imgur.com/UGPMC&dlahh&rH4M5&mY038&qLR8n&iPDeF&KAHvK&KAoLj&G5bPU&1Dc7v&G9DVC

Huge improvement over the dark shitty food court. I like using actual metal utensils.

Feels good man.

I still have unlimited internet with Bell since I've had the plan so long. They just emailed me saying that they are getting rid of my "Bell Employee Discount" and raising prices $6 a month.

Apparently they are saying I used to work for Bell and that is why my internet is cheaper?

Fucking idiots. What employee discount could I possibly have? I never worked for them.

cbox

They pulled that shit on me too, I had a grandfathered plan from when sympatico first came out - so I had unliminted everyone. A couple months before I canned them they said they were implementing caps and raising my price by something like 15 dollars.

Teksavvy has been 3000x better.

ConvenientBox said:
They pulled that shit on me too, I had a grandfathered plan from when sympatico first came out - so I had unliminted everyone. A couple months before I canned them they said they were implementing caps and raising my price by something like 15 dollars.

Teksavvy has been 3000x better.

They said I can keep my unlimited plan but they will keep raising prices... I'm seeing some nice faster speeds on Teksavvy Cable with a 300 gig limit that I never would go over anyway.
I'm getting really tempted to do the switch..

Do you have Teksavvy cable or DSL? Is it reliable?

Stet

Banned
EvilMario said:
I know in the 'gay-community' downtown, they want Wong-Tam elected. I don't see that happening, but it would be a vast improvement!
I didn't vote for her, but I'm glad she won my Ward. One of the few times I've felt that I voted for the wrong person.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
added_time said:
They said I can keep my unlimited plan but they will keep raising prices... I'm seeing some nice faster speeds on Teksavvy Cable with a 300 gig limit that I never would go over anyway.

We originally had Teksavvy DSL, and then switched to cable. Since they're using most of the same infrastructure and 'last mile', the service is as reliable as Bell DSL, or Roger's Cable.

1509303955.png

ConvenientBox said:
I'm on DSL and contemplating Cable or the faster dsl one. Been rock solid for 3 years now.

Do it. The improvement is vast, and worth the extra $10~ you'll be paying.

Stet

Banned
EvilMario said:
We originally had Teksavvy DSL, and then switched to cable. Since they're using most of the same infrastructure and 'last mile', the service is as reliable as Bell DSL, or Roger's Cable.

1509303955.png

Do it. The improvement is vast, and worth the extra $10~ you'll be paying.
Whoa. My Teksavvy DSL is like 1/10th that speed. How much in terms of setup fees did you pay switching from DSL to cable?

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
added_time said:

I switched to TekSavvy a little while ago. In four months, one two hour outage, with consistent speeds at 15mbits+. This is cable. Not unlimited, 300gb. 52 dollars a month, after tax

Top Bottom