• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

Ridley, would you try hosting please?

Edit: I'd also like to express my extreme displeasure over the fact that "Quick Match" is the first option highlighted when you pick "Search Lobbies". I can't count the number of times I've joined a random room while trying to rush to join a GAF room.

ramyeon

Ridley, would you try hosting please?

Edit: I'd also like to express my extreme displeasure that "Quick Match" is the first option highlighted when you pick "Search Lobbies". I can't count the number of times I've joined a random room while trying to rush to join a GAF room.
Haha me too. I usually mistake it for the Create Room option though.

I tried creating again.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
If you aren't Nat type 1 or 2, you shouldn't be allowed to play games online. I hope more developers start locking out strict NAT players.

maouvin

I haven't had problems connecting online with other players in the past, so I'm guessing we all just got hit with the same glitch.

Koei-Tecmo should really look into smoothing some of this out.

Same here. Usually things go bad playing with gaf, just to, right after, play nicely for a while with randoms.

Ogawa-san

I just used Kikka's "Eastern Citrus" to make a bow, True Oni Stinger. Pretty random but there's a use for non-slayer NPC items, assuming the others (Tatara, Shikimi, Shushi, Yamato, Yu) are used for each weapon type that is.

Edit: yep, True Oni Busters (gauntlets) use Tatara's item, Sledgehammer.

ramyeon

I unlocked more quests during that play time. So I suggest taking Broad Shoulders and Serpent Symphony next. That should unlock them for you guys too.

Ridley327

I did that Serpent Symphony with 2 randoms who did not know that there was a hidden altar to refill their health up at.

It was painful, to say the least.

Infinite loading, which probably means someone is going to drop. Damn it all.

I really hate to be a pain in the ass, but I'm going to ask again, is everyone sure they're NAT type 2, or at the very least have their Vita set up under their router's DMZ?

I can post tutorials, diagrams, whatever anyone needs. I would just like to get all of ToukidenGAF all on the same page.

I know that we all go streaks of games with randoms with no problems. The issue is that we have players on all sides of the world, and that's when it especially becomes important that your Vita is under DMZ, etc etc.

Ridley327

Perpetual loading D:

Not to start a war or anything here, but in light of how well Nintendo runs the servers for MH3U, it really sucks how much further in the other direction Toukiden tends to go in. It's made even more bothersome since there's so little else you can actually do besides select missions and go on them.

Not to start a war or anything here, but in light of how well Nintendo runs the servers for MH3U, it really sucks how much further in the other direction Toukiden tends to go in. It's made even more bothersome since there's so little else you can actually do besides select missions and go on them.

Agreed, but I'm sure that a lot of these issues would also disappear if we could hook the vita up to ethernet. Hell, if everyone here has a PS3, I wouldn't mind attempting to ad hoc party instead.

ramyeon

I really hate to be a pain in the ass, but I'm going to ask again, is everyone sure they're NAT type 2, or at the very least have their Vita set up under their router's DMZ?

I can post tutorials, diagrams, whatever anyone needs. I would just like to get all of ToukidenGAF all on the same page.

I know that we all go streaks of games with randoms with no problems. The issue is that we have players on all sides of the world, and that's when it especially becomes important that your Vita is under DMZ, etc etc.
Yeah please check this guys, I am almost certain the problem lies here.

fucking Nintendo fanboy

seriously open your NAT people

Kensuke

I would love to hear more about this. No idea what NAT Type I am or how to set my Vita under DMZ (and what the advantages are of doing that).

HOW TO CHECK YOUR NAT TYPE

1. From your Vita's home screen, pick settings.

2. Pick Network.

3. Pick Internet Connection Status and scroll all the way to the bottom. NAT Type 1 and 2 are okay. NAT Type 3 means your network is strict and it can cause issues. It's not a death sentence. I've played with Shengar a lot and he's got NAT Type 3.

HOW TO ASSIGN YOUR VITA A STATIC IP ADDRESS (This is a necessary step for setting up the DMZ)

Follow the instructions here for assigning a static IP address to your Vita: http://community.eu.playstation.com...ng-or-a-DMZ-to-help-multiplayer/td-p/19587974

HOW TO SET UP A DEVICE UNDER YOUR ROUTER'S DMZ

1. This step is going to depend on your router brand. I've compiled links with tutorials for some prominent brands. If your wi-fi router brand is not listed here, please go to Google and search: [brand] DMZ

Linksys: http://kb.linksys.com/Linksys/GetAr..._DMZ_feature_in_a_Linksys_wireless_router.xml

Motorola: http://c.search.centurylink.com/internethelp/modems/motorola-3347/pdf/18919_Motorola3347_DMZhost.pdf

Belkin: http://www.wikihow.com/Open-Nat-for-PlayStation-and-Xbox-on-Belkin-Routers (This says Playstation/Xbox but the guide is the same regardless of what the device is)

Netgear: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1118

I sincerely hope this helps this community.

Please quote and/or copy and paste this post if more people have issues later.

ramyeon

NAT type can easily be checked by doing a Connection Test in your Vita settings, it lists it as one of the results. To change from NAT3 to 2 all you need to do is set your Vita to a static IP and assign it as the DMZ address in your Router Settings page, it's really simple and there's no reason not to do it. I think they should just block people from playing online with NAT3 like some other games have.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Actually I'm NAT 3 but I don't have any problem with those who have DMZ'ed their Vita.

If you are NAT 3 you have mahomet issues with your wireless setup. If you host, bad things happen. You also cause server issues with whomever you play with while the server tries to compensate for your messed up connection.

You're like the aids of online gaming. This is why console games prevent you from playing with anybody that isn't also NAT 3.

Fix your router and modem if you want to game online.

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
I agree with Kensuke. I'm currently using the Wi-fi from my university. We're not allowed to get our own routers or anything that will interfere with their wifi. But either way, I don't know anything about these connections stuff, and hopefully this dumb university internet has nothing to do with bettering my toukiden online play.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
NAT type can easily be checked by doing a Connection Test in your Vita settings, it lists it as one of the results. To change from NAT3 to 2 all you need to do is set your Vita to a static IP and assign it as the DMZ address in your Router Settings page, it's really simple and there's no reason not to do it. I think they should just block people from playing online with NAT3 like some other games have.

It isn't that simple for people with modem/router combo units. Many (myself included) had to purchase a quality router and put the combo unit in transparent bridge mode to get a good NAT.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I agree with Kensuke. I'm currently using the Wi-fi from my university. We're not allowed to get our own routers or anything that will interfere with their wifi. But either way, I don't know anything about these connections stuff, and hopefully this dumb university internet has nothing to do with bettering my toukiden online play.

Tethering with your cell phone may be your only hope.

Kensuke

Okay, I'm NAT Type 2 according to the internet connection test. I remember messing with the router settings page in the past, but it was really convoluted.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I'm concerned that anybody is getting NAT 1 on a vita. It shouldn't be possible since it has no cat5 connection.

Shengar

If you are NAT 3 you have mahomet issues with your wireless setup. If you host, bad things happen. You also cause server issues with whomever you play with while the server tries to compensate for your messed up connection.

You're like the aids of online gaming. This is why console games prevent you from playing with anybody that isn't also NAT 3.

Fix your router and modem if you want to game online.
I actually have DMZ my vita but it still shows Nat 3 type connection. Then I use thetering from my phone which is Nat 2, but I can't DMZ my vita and the problem seems worse somehow. Yeah, lose-lose situatiom for me unless android can DMZ other device.

Top Bottom