• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tour de France 2011 Official Thread (July 2-24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kabouter

Tarazet said:
I'm expecting Luis Leon Sanchez to repeat. He did take a stage of the Tour, after all (Rabo's only success).
I doubt it honestly, even Erik Breukink had to admit that LL Sanchez's victory was a lucky break given his form. I'd sooner suspect Carlos Barredo (2009s winner) to win, if anyone from Rabobank at all.

Tarazet

Jesus Christ Gilbert. This is Philippe Gilbert's palmares for the year, crazy:

1st Belgian National Road Race Champion
1st Overall Tour of Belgium & 1st Stage 3
1st Overall Ster ZLM Toer & 1st Stage 4
1st Stage 1 Tour de France & Yellow jersey on Stage 1
1st Liège–Bastogne–Liège
1st Amstel Gold Race
1st La Flèche Wallonne
1st Clásica de San Sebastián
1st Montepaschi Strade Bianche
1st Brabantse Pijl
1st Stage 5 Tirreno-Adriatico
1st Stage 1 Volta ao Algarve
3rd Milan – San Remo

Tarazet

speedpop said:
He has definitely done real well.

And yes, I thought this was a doping scandal update.

It would be nice if they could confirm that the testing is done and there won't be any more cases, besides the one we already know about.

Kabouter

Tarazet said:
Jesus Christ Gilbert. This is Philippe Gilbert's palmares for the year, crazy:
Yeah, it's crazy, like I've said for much of the year, he's the best cyclist in the world right now. And hell, while he didn't win, at least I was right on Barredo being the one with the best chances as far as Rabobank is concerned ;).

Tarazet

Testing is all done and besides the Russian Kolobnev, who didn't feature in any of the results, all of the doping tests were negative. The final official podium of Cadel Evans, Andy Schleck, and Frank Schleck is secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom