• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giro d'Italia 2017 |OT|

Loris146

T21_Milano_alt-2.jpg
Final stage. 29 Kms.

roytheone

If everyone is about on their normal levels, dumoulin should win this. That's not a certainly of course, he could have a bad day or one of the others have a great one.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
This reminds me of the 2012 Giro when it also came down to the final stage ITT. Except this time, the man favoured to do well in the stage is an actual time trialist.
You know that year's Giro field was weak when everyone needed to put time into Hesjedal because he was hyped as a good trialist.

LayLa

This reminds me of the 2012 Giro when it also came down to the final stage ITT. Except this time, the man favoured to do well in the stage is an actual time trialist.
You know that year's Giro field was weak when everyone needed to put time into Hesjedal because he was hyped as a good trialist.

I was just remembering the 2009 Giro, first one I followed via Eurosports crappy web player. Menchov fell off his bike in the rain with 1km to go in the final stage TT. Luckily for him he got back on his bike quickly and finished to hold on to the pink jersey. The TdF needs to have more TT finishes, everyone remembers or at least knows about the LeMond/Fignon one and that was 28 years ago now.

Weckum

I was just remembering the 2009 Giro, first one I followed via Eurosports crappy web player. Menchov fell off his bike in the rain with 1km to go in the final stage TT. Luckily for him he got back on his bike quickly and finished to hold on to the pink jersey. The TdF needs to have more TT finishes, everyone remembers or at least knows about the LeMond/Fignon one and that was 28 years ago now.

Yeah, either scrap the Champs d'Elysees stage of do a time trial on the day before that. I agree.

Charamiwa

Banned
Yeah, either scrap the Champs d'Elysees stage of do a time trial on the day before that. I agree.

They'll never scrap the Champs Elysées. But this year there is a very tricky TT in Marseille the day before.

edit: of course in the Tour a late TT might make the Sky domination even worse.

That was one really boring Giro except for the 20th stage when De Gendt unleashed his superpowers and everyone in the pack had to wake up. Still one of the best Giro stages I've seen.

Addnan

30 minutes. Exciting.

The idea of pushing 56T+ on the big ring makes my legs hurt. After 3 weeks of riding. Monsters.

tba

There was also great TT finish in Milan in 2012, when Hjeshdal beat Rodriguez.

I really hope Dumoulin wins today. There is some greater justice when guys built for TT win 3-week races, especially Giro with its focus on mountains.

teepo

the fubo announcers did mention there are winds that are starting to creep through the trees in the latter part of the course which will fuck quintana even more

Top Bottom