• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tour de France 2015 |OT| It starts with a BOOM*

Status
Not open for further replies.
notlikethis.gif

Cancellara had so many injuries this season. I missed him in the classics. :(

Looks like he fractured two vertebrae and is out of the Tour. :(

I can't imagine the agony of riding on with an injury like that, especially after suffering a similar/same(?) injury earlier in the year.

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
Props to Laurens Ten Dam for popping his dislocated shoulder back in and finishing the stage.

Edit: damn, Orica really got beheaded today. They were one of my favorites for the team time trial.

someday

Banned
It's certainly niche but popularity seems to be on the rise. If nothing else, all the major races are now televised .

Hope Tony Martin can hold on!
I'm in the US and love cycling. With Comcast though, I can only watch a few races and on the Tour for the grand tours. I'd love to be able to watch more of the classics and especially the Giro.

Today's stage was amazing (and brutal). That crash, and poor Martin losing out on yellow again. Looking forward to the cobbles tomorrow!

waypoetic

Banned
Just saw a video by a Swedish fashion magazine, who's fashion reporter did "1% of the Tour de France" on a single speed. He rode 33 kilometers and his average speed was 26 km/h. He was so out of breath and had to lay down after he finished. I couldn't help but to laugh my ass off...

Lampre have been a consistently bad team for nearly a decade. I don't remember them doing anything of note. They have been almost a non entity in the grand tours.

I completely agree and thought the same when Rui Costa moved to them. Poor performances though, are exactly why he came in for the leader position. Now I have to support them, I'm Portuguese as him. Rui Costa is amazing, he's an incredibly smart guy. He did 4th twice in the those 3 classics (gold Amstel race, fleche -walonne, and the other) this year, won a stage against world class riders at Criterium Dauphiné, and ate another 3 world class riders for breakfast in the World Chmapionships in 2013.

I feel really sorry for the guy though. Had to quit last year due to illness, this year he's done for with time already lost plus injuries with today's crash, and was brought down, wasted for Valverde's pursue of failing no matter what in the 2013 tour. Still, Rui won 2 stages in that TdF.

2 years failing in the general classification is too much in cycling. It's not his fault though. He deserves another chance.

Van Garderen in third place, 13 seconds back. Hope he can make a good run at the yellow jersey this year.

Really doubt it, usually has one or two days in the mountains where he completely collapses. Top-5 seems more realistic.

I'll be rooting for Stybar tomorrow, great rider and such a nice guy. Already was a fan of him in Cyclocross and his transition to road racing has been very smooth.

I'm in the US and love cycling. With Comcast though, I can only watch a few races and on the Tour for the grand tours. I'd love to be able to watch more of the classics and especially the Giro.

I'm lucky enough to get Universal Sports and BeIn both of which cover a lot of cycling. I believe Universal might sell a streaming package if Comcast doesn't carry them.

Crema

Lampre have been a consistently bad team for nearly a decade. I don't remember them doing anything of note. They have been almost a non entity in the grand tours.

Won four stages in this years Giro but yeah the Tour never seems like a priority for them. Wikipedia says they haven't won a stage there since 2010.

someday

Banned
I'm lucky enough to get Universal Sports and BeIn both of which cover a lot of cycling. I believe Universal might sell a streaming package if Comcast doesn't carry them.
I've checked but having Comcast I can't even buy the package. I used to have Universal Sports when it was still ota and it was awesome. That's how I first watched the Giro and Vuelta.

Won four stages in this years Giro but yeah the Tour never seems like a priority for them. Wikipedia says they haven't won a stage there since 2010.

Sadly I didnt get a chance to watch much of the Giro. Impressive that they got so many wins, but it is their home tour.

Joni

I'll be rooting for Stybar tomorrow, great rider and such a nice guy. Already was a fan of him in Cyclocross and his transition to road racing has been very smooth.
And Ettix needs a break. They should have three days in the yellow and a stage victory at this point.

Love to see them take Ulissi to the Tour, yesterday's finish would have been ideal for him.

How's the weather looking for today's stage?

Predicted to be wet as the riders are going over the pavé. I hope they dont pull some bullshit and remove some sections if it is too wet. Being able to stay on your bike over them in the wet is just as much a skill as being able to burst up a mountain.

15km before we arrive at the tricky part today. The four up front are still leading by ~3 minutes.

I think the Astana rider is there for Nibali.I expect Nibali to really turn the screw on the cobbles.

Also, they just mentioned rain is coming, just a matter of if will get to the cobbles before the riders

Linius

I think the Astana rider is there for Nibali.I expect Nibali to really turn the screw on the cobbles.

Also, they just mentioned rain is coming, just a matter of if will get to the cobbles before the riders

Yeah, that's Westra and the Dutch commentators say his goal would be to reach the cobbles still in front of the rest. So he can jump start Nibali ultimately.

I hope Vanmarcke can deliver a success for the Lotto Jumbo guys. But there are quite a few guys today who can do it.

Linius

Those four up front are almost done, 1:30 minute gone just like that. Rain and cobblestones, what a nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom