• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toys R Us 50% off game clearance (Select games of course)

BuddyC

DDR Max 2 - $20

With the way they've dropped the price of DDR Max, DDR players should hop on that. Once Extreme hits, Max 2 will drop to $29...so this is the best deal you'll get in years. I hope the local TRU has it in stock tomorrow, and if so, I feel sorry for the people below me.

Wario64 said:
Just picked up Ratchet & Clank 2. Rock.

rock.jpg

Tried scanning Advance Wars 2 at the counter, no 50% deal on that. But I still bought it so I can inflate the NPD numbers, muahahah. I'll return it next month. Muahahahaha

Dude, that is the same TRU I go to. Where bouts you live at? That is like 2 minutes from my work, and 15 from my house. I'm going to stop by TRU after work tomorrow and see if there is anything left.

mosaic

go eat paint
Just got back from my local TRU (Lansing, MI) -- the staff was out in force putting up Sale stickers and snagging goodies for themselves.

I grabbed the KOF 2-Pack for $15, which is what I wanted. Saw Amplitude, but not Frequency or Rez. No ZOE 2, which is the other game I wanted. PS2 section looked picked through by the staff. Xbox and GC sections were stocked with plenty of Sale stickers all over the place.

The one discrepancy I did notice from the "list" -- Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow is NOT, NOT, NOT $10. Like the VF4: Evo typo, I bet they meant to list Harmony of Dissonance or Circle of the Moon.

The sales clerk even asked me if I had a PS2 and pointed out the $115 combo pack to me right as I walked in.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Updated list:

Dreamcast:
Bomberman Online - $7.50
Carrier - $10
Gigawing $12
NFL 2K2 - $10
Phantasy Star Online Episode II $10
Soul Fighter $4
Tennis 2K2 $5
Unreal Tournament - $3.45
Virutal Tennis - $2.50

N64:
Earthworm Jim 3D - $10
MegaMan 64 - $25
Paper Mario - $5.30
Perfect Dark - $5
Pokemon Snap - $10

Playstation:
Arc The Lad Collection - $35
Dino Crisis $10
Dracula: The Last Sanctuary $7.50
Dragon Warrior VII - $15
Final Fantasy Tactics - $7.50
Front Mission 3 - $20
Gran Turismo $7.50
Gran Turismo 2 $7.50
Pinobee $5
Point Blank 3 $7.50
SaGa Frontier 2 - $15
Time Crisis - $10
Torneko: The Last Hope - $6

GameBoy Advance:
Boktai - $5
Boxing Fever $7.50
Britney's Dance Beat $10
Cima: The Enemy $15
Crazy Taxi: Catch A Ride $15
D&D Eye of the Beholder - $10
Demi Kids: Light - $15
Denki Blocks! $5
Doom II $15
Dungeons & Dragons Eye of the Beholder $10
Final Fight One $7.50
Karnaaj $5
Lady Sia $7.50
Lufia: The Ruins of Lore $15
Monster Force $15
Munch's Oddyssey - $10
Onimusha Tactics - $10
Pinball of the Dead - $10
Phantasy Star Collection - $10
Star X - $5
Super Dodge Ball - $10
Superman: Countdown To Apokolips $15
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles –
Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf $7.50
Tiny Toons Adventures: wacky Stackers $5
Virtua Tennis - $5
Wolfenstein 3D $5
WWE Road To Wrestlemania X8 - $7

GameCube:
Black & Bruised $15
Bloodrayne - $7.50
Bloody Roar -
Eternal Darkness - $20
Freedom Fighters - $10
Gladius - $25
Harry Potter Quidditch Cup -
Ikaruga - $20
Lost Kingdoms 2 - $10
LOTR: Two Towers - $10
MegaMan Network Transmissions - $15
Namco Museum - $10
Pacman Vs./World 2 - $10
P.N.03 - $10
Rogue Ops - $10
Sega Soccer Slam - $10
Simpsons Hit & Run - $20
Sims -
Sphinx - $6.50
Spy Hunter -
Soul Calibur 2 - $10
SSX3 - $10
Star Wars Rogue Squadron III - $10
Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike Bonus Disc $5
Summoner 2: A Goddess Reborn - $10
Super Monkey Ball - $10
Tony Hawk's Underground - $10
Wario World - $15

PS2:
.hack 3 - $15
Amplitude - $15
Barbarian $15
BofF: Dragon Quarter - $10
Devil May Cry - $10
Disgaea - $25
DDR Max 2 - $20
Dynasty Tactics 2 - $15
Dynasty Warriors 2 - $10
Dynasty Warriors 4 Xtreme Legends $15
Fantavision - $7.50
Finding Nemo -
Freaky Flyers - $10
Frequency - $7.50
Gallop Racer 2003 - $25
Guilty Gear X2 - $15
Haven - $5
ICO - $15
King of Fighters 2000/2001 - $15
Kya -
Mark of Kri - $7.50
Need For Speed: HP2 - $10
Okage –
Onimusha 2 $10
Primal - $15
Ratchet and Clank Going Commando - $20
REZ - $12.50
Romance of the Three Kingdoms - $15
Rygar $15
Savage Skies - $6.50
Secret Weapons Over Normandy - $15
Silent Hill 3 - $10
Skygunner - $25
SOCOM with Headset $20
Street Fighter (?) - $10
Terminator: DofF - $20
Tokyo Extreme Racing 3 - $10
Unlimited Saga - $7.50-$10
Virtua Fighter 4 (non-GH) - $10
Warhammer 40k - $10
World Rally Championship - $15
Zone of the Enders 2 - $10

X-Box:
007 Nightfire - $10
Beyond Good and Evil - $10
Black Stone: Magic & Steel $25
Buffy - $15
Chase - $8
Circus Maximus $12.50
Deathrow $10
Deus Ex: Invisible Wars - $10
DDR Ultramix (w/Pad) - $35
Dynasty Warriors 4 $15
Fatal Frame - $25
Freedom Fighters - $10
Futurama $10
Gauntlet - $15
Gladius - $15
Grabbed by the Ghoulies $10
Hunter: Redeemer - $10
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb $15
Jedi Knights - Jedi Academy - $15
Kelly Slater Pro Surfing - $10
Kill.Switch - $20
Madden 2002 - $10
Marvel vs Capcom 2 - $20
Matt Hoffman - $10
Metal Dungeon $12.50
MGS2: Substance - $8
Midnight Club 2 - $10
Morrowind GOTY- $15
Moto GP2 - $20
Need For Speed: HP2 - $10
Otogi - $15
Panzer Dragoon Orta - $15
Prince of Persia - $10
Pro Race Driver $10
Roadkill - $10
Seablade - $5.50
Secret Weapons Over Normandy - $15
Sims - $10
Smashing Drive $10
Speed Kings - $10
Sphinx - $6.50
Stake: Fortune Fighters $10
Star Wars: Obi-Wan - $10
Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy $15
Superman: Man of Steel - $10
Tao Feng - $10
Timesplitters - $10
Transworld Surf - $10
UFC: Tapout 1 - $10
UFC: Tapout 2 - $10
Unreal Tournament - $10
Voodoo Vince - $10
Wallace and Grommit - $20
Whiplash - $15
Whiteout - $5
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions - $10
WWF Raw Platinum Hits $10
XIII - $10

Miscellaneous:
PS2 Bundle Pack - $115
X-Box Game Case - $2.50
Game Boy Advance system (non-SP) Glacier or Indigo $35

dorikyasu

Picked up Hunter the Reckoning: Redeemer (XB) for $10. Thanks, RevenantKioku & Wario!
I also bought Eye Toy: Groove w/ Camera for $40 at TRU. ($10 off)

Ranger X

Is this whole sale on until the end of what they have in stock? Hope so. I'll go there and see for myself today.

Hi to LittleBeru, we are in the same part of the world. Vive le Québec!!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Yeah, the point of the sale is to make room for the Fall lineup

Supposedly the sale is going to be advertised on the 22nd or whatever, so we kinda have another "Circuit City situation" here, where we are finding the 50% off games before the actual advertised sale :p

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I can confirm that Kill Switch (PS2) is also part of this deal, having just picked it up. It's marked $39.99 but with the promotion its $19.99.

I also snagged Onimusha Tactics and KOF00/01

demi

So, each of the titles will be in a bin? Or will there be a sticker saying "50 PERCENT OFF OH SNAP BUY ME NOW!"? Just wondering before I have to harass the clerks.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Eye of the beholder $15
Dual Blades $15
Metabots (silver and gold) $15
Sim City 2000 $10
Advance wars $10
Kong $7.50
Monster Rancher advanced $20
Monster Rancher advance 2 $15
Monkey Ball jr $10
Godzilla Domination $15

Kinda weird that Advance Wars 2 isn't part of the deal, but AW1 is

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
nnthomas said:
So, each of the titles will be in a bin? Or will there be a sticker saying "50 PERCENT OFF OH SNAP BUY ME NOW!"? Just wondering before I have to harass the clerks.

It depends on the store. I just had them check Kill Switch on a whim (it wasn't marked or anything) and it came up as part of the promotion. If its on sale it will ring up as: Game Title - PROMO

ie:

Kill Switch - PROMO
Disgaea - PROMO
etc.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Just picked up Deus Ex: Invisible War, Thanx Wario!, and KOF double pack for the PS2. No kill.switch though :( (someone help me!)

I asked them to scan Onimusha 3, Lifeline and some others and they rang up "Promo", so I'm going back to Toys R US after work to get them. Can't pass up Onimusha 3 for $20 :D

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
If anyone is having trouble finding stuff, since I can just go in and ask them to put stuff aside for me or whatnot, I'll happily buy it if we have it in stock and send it to you for the cost of the game, plus shipping and a buck more for tax and all that jazz.
Since I get my 10%, I'm not getting f'd by this, and you can get the game for the same price plus shipping.
And of course I wouldn't stop anyone from throwing extra buckage my way for the favor ^_^ I am a poor college kid after all.

demi

RevenantKioku said:
If anyone is having trouble finding stuff, since I can just go in and ask them to put stuff aside for me or whatnot, I'll happily buy it if we have it in stock and send it to you for the cost of the game, plus shipping and a buck more for tax and all that jazz.

My hero. Returning customer coming your way!

Robert-GCA said:
Dude, that is the same TRU I go to. Where bouts you live at? That is like 2 minutes from my work, and 15 from my house. I'm going to stop by TRU after work tomorrow and see if there is anything left.
That's also my local TRU. I stopped by last night and picked up Amplitude. Was hoping they'd have Frequency and for XB Beyond Good & Evil but they didn't.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Shouta said:
Lifeline and Onimusha 3 ARE NOT on the that list. I checked yesterday.
YMMV? What happened was I asked them to scan Onimusha 3 and it scanned up $39.99 "PROMO"....

Employee however was hesitent to even give me a total on a bunch of games... He was like whatever the price is on the floor that's the price. So I just took Deus Ex and KOF and he was like whoa the total wasn't $50 but like $25... I'm going back on my lunch break for more games.

Shouta

They aren't on the list. A lot of games that don't even come under this offer scan with Promo coming up. I had a look at the official list of games on this sale yesterday at one of the stores (whatever inventory they had) and Lifeline and Oni 3 were not a part of the listing. If they change it, I'll go back and get them =P. Not to mention I asked a friend of mine to scan it.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Defensor said:
YMMV? What happened was I asked them to scan Onimusha 3 and it scanned up $39.99 "PROMO"....

Employee however was hesitent to even give me a total on a bunch of games... He was like whatever the price is on the floor that's the price. So I just took Deus Ex and KOF and he was like whoa the total wasn't $50 but like $25... I'm going back on my lunch break for more games.

A lot of items that aren't promo have been ringing up as such recently. Sign of things to come? I don't know, but once again your mileage may vary.

nnthomas - check your PMs

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know about you guys, but my TRU has self-scanners in the store. I went and scanned my games, and they didn't show the price, it said something like "Geoffry Summer Camp - 50% off Green Tag Price" on the scanner. I went to the clerk, and they rang up at full price, but when she totalled out the sale, the correct prices were there. I dunno, the self-scanners are fuckin' awesome. I should go back there, but I'm pretty much broke :x

Memles

ANY word yet on the status of this in Canada? I'd pick up Pac Man Vs./World 2, Boktai, Virtua Tennis and likely SSX3 for those prices, but I have no way of getting to TRU to check myself, and would like to know whether or not it applies before driving the half hour.

I'm assuming it's not the same, but we'll see.

shoplifter

RevenantKioku said:
A lot of items that aren't promo have been ringing up as such recently. Sign of things to come? I don't know, but once again your mileage may vary.

Music Mixer did this as well, so who knows.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Went on my 2nd (and probably final) trip. Picked up Amplitude and Mark of Kri for about $22 total. What I found interesting is that the 5-6 copies of R&C2 that I saw yesterday were all gone. Hmmm...

And the lists that I have posted are not final. There are still titles that are part of the deal that aren't on the list

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Just came back from TRU. Damn it, Onimusha 3 was not on the list.

It rang up promo because they just dropped the price $10 recently (so did everyone else). So beware of that. Also when I was there some fat bastard in front of me bought all 7 copies of Disgaea. He claimed they were for friends. Yeah, right. Fucking pig. Glad I got mine for $5 at CC last month.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I also noticed Advance Wars 2 was promo (had it scanned again) but the price was still at MSRP at $19.99

MoxManiac

I picked up Pop XB ($10) and Megaman NT GC ($15). Not too bad I guess, but I reallllly wanted Gladius XB for $15, but alas, they didn't have it. I brought up a display copy of MvC2 XB, but they didn't have it in stock. Guess those display copies were an accident :/

Saw Onimusha Tactics but passed as I heard it was really bland.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
went back and picked up mark of kri, devil may cry, and txr3. what was that i said about not buying games just cos they're cheap? well...i've really wanted txr3, so that's alright. mark of kri's probably worth $7.50 just for the art. and while i hated the fuck out of devil may cry when it came out, i've since softened my stance against 3d action games.

wouldn't mind having a copy of futurama, but i'm not dragging my ass all over town looking for it.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i wasn't looking for it, but i don't remember seeing it. sorry. if you're looking for anything else, though, it might be worth going down to the toys r us in canoga park -- doesn't seem like the cheapass cognoscenti have cleaned it out yet.

budala1

Just came back and ONI 3 is not on the list bought Mark of Kri and Soul Calibur 2 (GC) I still don't have a GC but I am buying the Metroid Prime bundle

Bog

Junior Ace
Just cleaned out my TRU of Crazy Taxi: Catch A Ride GBA for $15 a pop. Ebay here I come!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Defensor said:
drohne, did you see any Kill.Switch for Xbox or PS2?

My Toys R Us had like 8 copies of Kill Switch. Want to make a deal?

PS2 version

actually I'm not sure if I can get it, running low on cash

RevenantKioku

Haha, it was stupid of me to offer the games back so cheap, oh well. Guys who messaged me check your pms.

Ranger X

** cries

I'm just getting back from 2 different Toy R us here in Montreal (Québec) and there's nothing...

Why forgetting us Canadians? lol

Memles

Wyzdom said:
** cries

I'm just getting back from 2 different Toy R us here in Montreal (Québec) and there's nothing...

As in, nothing there on sale, or nothing marked as such?

RevenantKioku

Wyzdom said:
Just usual sales. Nothing marked (but isn't it supposed to be that way?) and nothing at 50% off.

Depends. My store has a bin, but the other store I went to nearby, the guy just said "Uh, I got a list."

Link316

Banned
bought Wario World for $15, also wanted Wario Ware but it wasn't on sale

both of the TRUs I went to were sold out of PS2s and only 1 of them had a few Xboxes left, kinda strange since they had stacks of them a few weeks ago, also noticed they got the Metroid bundle when I was checking if they had the Zelda bundle, which I've heard is $50

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
I took an afternoon trek all around the S.F. Bay Area visiting 5 TRUs and here's what I scored:

* The King of Fighters 2000/2001 (PS2) - $14.99
* Silent Hill 3 (PS2) - $9.97
* The Sims (Xbox) - $9.97
* Indiana Jones & The Emperor's Tomb (Xbox) - $14.99
* Hunter The Reckoning: Redeemer (Xbox) - $9.97
* Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 (PS2) - $9.97
* The Mark of Kri (PS2) - $7.49
* Lost Kingdoms II (GC) - $9.97
* Soul Calibur II (GC) - $9.97
* Boktai: The Sun Is In Your Hands (GBA) - $7.48

All for about $120. Excellent.

I thought Boktai would be $5 bucks, but it rang up as $7.48 since it went for $14.99 originally. Doesn't matter...heh. ^_^

Dyne

Wyzdom said:
** cries

I know. This blows. My TRU has so many games (because it's out in the middle of nowhere) and still no clearances. :(

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
In addition to KOF double pack and Deus Ex Gangsta Style, I picked up KILL.SWITCH for the PS2 and DDRMAX2 at another Toysrus on my lunch break.... Thanks though for the offer Wario. If you don't get your Sharkport, I'll hook you up with that memory card exploit.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Kumiko Nikaido said:
I took an afternoon trek all around the S.F. Bay Area visiting 5 TRUs and here's what I scored:

* The King of Fighters 2000/2001 (PS2) - $14.99
* Silent Hill 3 (PS2) - $9.97
* The Sims (Xbox) - $9.97
* Indiana Jones & The Emperor's Tomb (Xbox) - $14.99
* Hunter The Reckoning: Redeemer (Xbox) - $9.97
* Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 (PS2) - $9.97
* The Mark of Kri (PS2) - $7.49
* Lost Kingdoms II (GC) - $9.97
* Soul Calibur II (GC) - $9.97
* Boktai: The Sun Is In Your Hands (GBA) - $7.48

All for about $120. Excellent.

I thought Boktai would be $5 bucks, but it rang up as $7.48 since it went for $14.99 originally. Doesn't matter...heh. ^_^

The Toys R Us with NFS:HS2...was that in San Jose? And if there's any more copies, which location?

I really shouldn't be buying more games, my backlog is growing by 2-3 games every month it seems :|

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
Wario64 said:
The Toys R Us with NFS:HS2...was that in San Jose? And if there's any more copies, which location?

I really shouldn't be buying more games, my backlog is growing by 2-3 games every month it seems :|

Yeah, I got NFS: HP2 at the TRU on Winchester Blvd. (the one across from the Century Theaters and nearby Santana Row). They had a couple of copies left, I think. I also remember seeing more copies of it at the TRU on McKee Road, the TRU by Newpark Mall in Newark, and the TRU on Hesperian Blvd. in Hayward. ^_^

demi

Checked out the TRU near me (Toledo, OH) and their stock was yummy! Unfortunately, I didnt have much money, so I picked up...Pokemon Stadium ($10)! :(

They had one copy of Disgaea left...hope nobody plans on buying Mat Hoffman BMX 2! Since, I hid the ticket (YOU WOULD TOO). I plan on buying it tomorrow. No luck on REZ, but I didnt look hard really.

My store had self-scanners and when I scanned them it rang:

WAS $19.99 NOW $9.99 (example)

If a title wasn't marked down it would say:

GEOFFREY CLUB (Um...)

I was having a ball scanning things, and best of all, this place is practically deserted! Wee!

Also: It also said SALE ENDS 12/31/05. Any info?

RevenantKioku: I'll get back to you later.

Also, like Kioku, I can possibly look for certain games if possible.

atomsk

Party Pooper
the master list for Rzone was like 27 pages...

as much as i love you guys, the prospect of typing that all in through my cell phone was a bit daunting.

i will say there are a hell of alot of GBC/GBA accessories for anyone looking for that kind of thing.

plus the intec ps1 monitor at 50 bucks is crazy

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
check this out:

hoshi said:
I thought this thread would fizzle out between pages 25 and 30. Wow.

At work today, my manager lady showed me a list of games that were on the 50% off list, but are now excluded - which will probably take effect tomorrow morning. I only recall SSX 3 PS2, Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando, DDR MAX bundle (can't remember if it was for XB or PS2), and Fairly Odd Parents GBA. There are others, but my shoddy memory forgets. Just a warning.

-Hoshi

That explains why R&C2 wasn't on the shelf today

Top Bottom