• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toys R Us 50% off game clearance (Select games of course)

demi

Wario64 said:
Some games were taken off the list btw, not sure which games but I think R&C2 and DDRmax ring up at full price now

I think Arc the Lad (PS2) is normal price, unless you can confirm it's $15?

kiryogi

Banned
aoi tsuki said:
kiryogi, i got:

Summoner (GC)
Disgaea
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter

i'm about to go out again, PM me your email address and i'll respond when i return.

i thought i got the last copy of PN03, but when i took the empty case to the cashier, she said it was an extra they had, and that. Seems likely, the case seemed like a dummy case anyways. Damn, i really wanted PN03 too.

Summoner 1? or typo? Awesome on finding the other two too :D

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Contra (PS2) and Whiplash (PS2) are part of the deal. $15 each

Someone on CAG said that their warehouses have lots of old games, so maybe they might ship them out to various locations? One can hope

atomsk

Party Pooper
i work morning stock sometimes, and i can confirm they send us shit from wherehouses thats discontinued or or clearance all the time (toys that is). so it wouldnt be unheard of for them to do it with video games too.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I can confirm because I work in the game section at my store that yes we get old PS1 games and even N64 games all the time.

atomsk

Party Pooper
yeah, i'm supposed to be exclusively working in the Rzone, but since the computer makes the schedule and not a human being, i get stuck doing morning stock sometimes, and even worse... cashiering the front end...

did you get all the 8/15 layouts done? no one but me seemed to want to do them, because the rest of the people i'm stuck working with in rzone dont seem to do shit... so i ended up doing most of them, or fixing them after they'd been worked on "for 2 days"

i'm sure the "nintendo TBA" section of the layout is gonna be for the DS

MoxManiac

So TRU might be getting more shipments in? You guys that work there know when they usually do that? Might be able to find Gladius after all...

atomsk

Party Pooper
rzone can get shipment on any day really. cause they usually come though UPS or Fedex... (even the restock)

the actual truck for the rest of the store (for my store anyway) comes thursday night. though that will pick up to more deliveries once the season starts...which is soon

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
The Rzone in my store isn't big enough to be able to follow proper layouts in Rzone. We scrimp to just get the hot product on the shelf. One of the smallest stores on the west coast :)

As for game shipments, our stores can get the old stuff everyday except Sunday. New releases normally come Tuesday, and Systems normally come on our Thursday trucks.

As Atomsk said, starting in Sept is when we ramp up for Christmas, expect tons of clearance stuff to come into a store near you (esspecially since they are doing some number like $150 million in clearance according to the recent business annocement.)

Remember that there are tons of other things besides games on the 50% off stuff. If you need electronics of any kind it wouldn't hurt to check in a TRU store during the holiday season.

demi

Wario64 said:
Ape Escape 2 is $9.99, don't think that was on the list

APE GET! I'm so buying this. Thanks beautiful.

Is Arc The Lad (PS2) still $15, or was it even ever marked down?

I went to the TRU in Reading, PA(they had a ton of games) about two days ago and picked up the following:
Goblin Commander (Xbox - $10)
Hunter the Reckoning: Redeemer (or whatever the newer Xbox version is called - $10)
LOTR: Two Towers (Cube - $10)
The Sims (Cube - $10) (they had both PC and non-PC versions as well)
Mark of Kri (PS2 - $7.50)
Roadkill (Cube - $2.50 ... nope, not a typo)
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy (Xbox - $6.50 with a t-shirt)
Beyond Good and Evil (Xbox - $10)

I think that's about it. But they had a ton of games on sale. PD, Pokemon Snap, Knockout Kings(all N64), Unlimited Saga for $6.50 for PS2, XIII for Xbox, TMNT for GBA, Virtua Tennis for GBA for $5.00, Mojo, Clubworld, and Music Maker something or other all for PS2 for $5.00 and many others. I can't nearly remember them all.

EDIT: Some more I can remember: Dark Cloud (PS2 GH version - $10), a whole bunch of Xbox Platinum hits like DOA3, Test Drive, Unreal Championship, Abe's, etc. etc. for $10. Lost Kingdoms II for Cube for $10... umm.. Soul Calibur II for Cube for $10. And VF4: Evolution was marked as a $10 clearance item, but they wouldn't give it to me for that price. Dammit..

demi

Wario64 said:
I'm not sure about Arc the Lad...should have gotten it when it was like $11 at ebgames.com :p

Hush!

And Goblin Commander is a good price...and Sphinx as well. Might as well get those.

aoi tsuki

Another day, another visit...

i just picked up the following for Gamecube:

Auto Modellista (haven't seen this noted anywhere)
Tube Slider
Metal Arms
Star Wars: Rebel Strike

All $10. The Star Wars demo disc was marked $9.99 and it actually rang up for $9.98. Suck; i really wanted to play the old school SW game, guess i'll wait on that one.

My [closest] store has the following:

CIMA
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon and Aria of Sorrow
Arc the Lad Collection
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter

There's probably a few others; i just noted the ones i wanted. All bundles are of course back to regular price.

i ran into the fucker who bought up the last two copies of REZ at the CC sale and ebayed them. He's planning to return to the area to pick up games to sell online sometime tomorrow.

i plan to sweep about five stores tomorrow; if anyone wants a game, even one not listed aside from REZ; if i find a copy it's mine ^_^;;), let me know. i'm charging $5 per game to cover my time and expenses, plus shipping, but no tax unless the tax is greater than $5. i've got feedback on ebay as aoi tsuki.

Edit: Unless it benefits the thread, i'll respond via PM. Also, please separate games by system and use the full title to ensure accuracy.

Rhage

It officially starts this Saturday, I believe. It'll be in their fliers. I don't think anyone knows when it'll end? Tho, for all intents and purposes, it'll have ended the day it officially begins, heh. If not before then, many TRUs have already been cleaned out.

aoi tsuki

Rhage said:
Aria of Sorrow isn't 50% off though is it? I tried it a few days ago at one store and it was a no go.
AFAIK Aria of Sorrow isn't, but Harmony of Dissonance is. Don't know the price on the latter.

Jumpman

aoi tsuki said:
The Star Wars demo disc was marked $9.99 and it actually rang up for $9.98. Suck; i really wanted to play the old school SW game, guess i'll wait on that one.

If you bought the full game, it has all 3 classic Star Wars Arcade games playable. The demo disc is worthless unless you want to play an unfinished build of the hoth level.

Celicar

Banned
Just went and picked up some games, but I gotta say the CC deal was so much better. I got 4 copies of Disagea for $5/each.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Twistaer said:
when does this deal end and is there a link to the ad ???

when everything is cleaned out.

coworkers have mentioned at some point the green tag will go to 75%, but didnt know when... (probably toward black friday i'd imagine)

Lee-T

The sale started last Thursday. There is no official start date. People assumed the 22nd because thats when stores are supposed to have all the supplies by and are supposed to start labeling all the items by world. This week stores are supposed to have flyers printed and start bagging them into customers bags when they buy stuff. The end date was listed 12/31/2004, but they will almost definitely extend it if theres a bunch of stuff that doesn't sell. I bet it will go to a higher percentage off eventually, but there has not been any info pointing to that.

aoi tsuki

Jumpman said:
If you bought the full game, it has all 3 classic Star Wars Arcade games playable. The demo disc is worthless is worthless unless you want to play an unfinished build of the hoth level.
Yeah, someone on another board PMed me that info. It's win-win! Thanks anyways for the heads up.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Nnumber6 said:
I just read this on another forum:

"Along with PS2 DDRMax2 and PS2 R&C:Going Commando, the following games below have been adjusted back to their regular prices by TRU.

GBA Super Monkey Ball
GBA Cat in the Hat
GBA American Idol
GBA Fairly Odd Parents
GBA Rocket Power
GC Super Monkey Ball
GC Crazy Taxi
GC The Sims
GC Simpsons Hit and Run
GC Soul Calibur 2
GC Museum
GC Wario World
GC Fairly Odd Parents
GC Tony Hawk Underground
GC Mario Kart with bonus disk
GC Need For Speed 2: Hot Pursuit
PS2 Midnnight Club 2
PS2 Barbie Horse Ride
PS2 Silent Hill 3
PS2 American Idol
PS2 Need for Speed 2: Hot Pursuit
PS2 Simpsons Hit and Run
PS2 Rugby
PS2 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
XB The Sims
XB SSX Tricky
XB Crimson Skies
XB DDR with pad
XB SSX 3
XB Prince of Persia
XB Need for Speed 2: Hot Pursuit"

So i guess I am SOL.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Its too bad I didn't see this thread a whole lot earlier. My TRU is just wonky enough to have had remaining xbox bundles... I refuse to go check now though. I would probably cry ;)

atomsk

Party Pooper
SHIT, now i've got to go UN-green tag a few games...

ARGH

yesterday i had the service desk mark down monkey ball to half, because the computer wasnt doing it, but it was on the list

funny enough, SC2 GC i picked up for a friend, and it was marked down in the computer...

aoi tsuki

To all who requested games, i was able to find most of them, except REZ of course. i'm dead tired and i have to go to work, expect pics and PMs when i get home (around 1a EST)

Edit: Sorry guys, i just got home, installed my camera software (i'm on a two-week old XP install), and i'm dead tired. i'll post pics and PM you sometime today. i'm just too tired to do it right now.

aoi tsuki

Here's my latest haul:

game-request-8-21-04.jpg

(There's a copy of Guilty Gear X2 behond the KoF Double Pack.

i'll try to have PMs out within the next couple of hours (so many other things to do...)

Matt

aoi tsuki said:
All $10. The Star Wars demo disc was marked $9.99 and it actually rang up for $9.98. Suck; i really wanted to play the old school SW game, guess i'll wait on that one.
They are also in Rebel Strike.

Jumpman

Jumpman said:
If you bought the full game, it has all 3 classic Star Wars Arcade games playable. The demo disc is worthless unless you want to play an unfinished build of the hoth level.

You don't say!

Top Bottom