• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trackmania Turbo |OT| It's Turbo Time!

MHHx8Tul.jpg

*throws controller out window, never plays #15 again*

A friend texted me this morning that he was enjoying it. Bought it on a whim and I am totally hooked now. I need more PSN friends to compare my times to. Add me: luntenfleisch

Clockwork5

Got my account stuff figured out. I am loving this game too much. I'm not very good yet, this is my first TM game but I'm having a blast.

Nooot feeling too great about how fast the number of players in multiplayer rooms is dropping off.

I think a lot of people can't purchase from PSN. I know the purchase button never showed up for me. I had to go get it on disc.

Once that gets sorted the numbers should start climbing. A sale wouldn't hurt either.

cyba89

My only problem with the game is two of the four cars handle terribly. Please tell me this gets better.

The only thing that handles bad is Lagoon car on sand ground imo. Won't even attempt to get gold on everything because I already struggled with silver on these few tracks.

mekes

Just purchased this after seeing so many gaffers recommend it in the best games of 2016 thread. Time to jump in, hope it is good :)

Lemonte

Took me little over 2 hours to get all trackmaster times in all white series maps except #28. I thought loops i Canyon are bad but in Lagoon they are horrible.

Feels like Turbo runs smoother than TM2. I love new art they have added.

SigSig

:O

Alright Trackmania GAF, I'm planning to double-dip here, but I'm unsure which version to buy first. A few questions:
Are tracks bound to the account? Can I make a track on PC and then play it on PS4? Can I edit the same track on PS4 and PC? Which Online is more active? Which features were cut from TM², can I still edit replays (I don't care a lot about the features which were cut since they don't affect the basic gameplay, but missing Media Tracker would push me towards PS4)?

I've got over 30 gold medals but the number stickers that should have unlocked have not..ps4 pre order cock up here.

Anyone else have this issue?

sneaky77

Took me little over 2 hours to get all trackmaster times in all white series maps except #28. I thought loops i Canyon are bad but in Lagoon they are horrible.

Feels like Turbo runs smoother than TM2. I love new art they have added.

I've been trying for almost that long to get a green on #2 alone lol, what time do I need?
edit: woo got it

Also if you're on ps4 can I add you for ghost?

"so how are we supposed to avoid the engine off pads in every other mode?"

You're not. Coasting sections are a deliberate part of the track design.

Tizoc

Dat feel when u retry a challenge 30 times only to end up with a Gold when you thought you could get Silver.

You guys do know that bunnyhopping only works in Stunt mode, right?

How the fuck was I supposed to know that smarty pants :V

b0bbyJ03

I had never heard of Trackmania games until I saw the trailer for this one and I gotta say it looks awesome. The sense of speed is ridiculous. Thinking about picking this up today but have some questions first. I can either pick up the PC or PS4 version.

How does it run on PC? is the performance good or does it need patches? How is the multiplayer? Can I get into a room with friends and just race them? if so I may pick up the PS4 version to play agains them. thanks.

eso76

Awesome game.
Multilaps can become infuriating, but you'll always go for another try.

Is it possible to browse user created tracks, maybe sorted by rating ? Or are they only linked to world challenges ? Disappointing if so

wouwie

It's a shame the buggy has so little weight and is so twitchy. Due to that, i don't like the dirt tracks (second zone) all that much. The tracks themselves seem great but the handling of these cars seems odd. I guess i will get used to it in the end.

Certinty

Goddamn Ubisoft at least put some time into the remote play control scheme or let me change button functions. Square to accelerate and X to brake is fucking awful.

OVDRobo

Just finished getting my 160th course clear, at least as far as silver medals go. Not sure if I'll ever be capable of getting gold on all 160 tracks to unlock the black series, but I've really enjoyed my time with the single player portion of the game.

Even towards the end I still struggled with controlling my car properly in the air. It's such a twitchy game and the instant the car leaves the ground, you're completely helpless if the trajectory is even slightly off.

If I had to rank the tracksets personally, I'd say:
Lagoon > Stadium > Canyon > Valley

I know a lot of people prefer Stadium because it's the original, but the ridiculous speed of Lagoon really won me over and even the offroad controls didn't seem that bad.

Saven

Banned
Never played a Turbomania game nor do I really care for racing games in general, but this looked like a hella lot of fun after seeing it at E3 last year. I'm going to try to pick this one up soon. :)

"I know a lot of people prefer Stadium because it's the original"

Well, the original environments were desert, rally, and snow. However, Trackmania Nations was a free game and thus was most people's first exposure to the series.

It's a shame the buggy has so little weight and is so twitchy. Due to that, i don't like the dirt tracks (second zone) all that much. The tracks themselves seem great but the handling of these cars seems odd. I guess i will get used to it in the end.

You do get used to it. You have to learn how to corner and drift, it's a lot different than the other cars and harder to master.

OVDRobo

"I know a lot of people prefer Stadium because it's the original"

Well, the original environments were desert, rally, and snow. However, Trackmania Nations was a free game and thus was most people's first exposure to the series.

Ah. to be honest, Turbo is my first real exposure to the series as a primarily console gamer. The Trackmania that I had heard a lot about was the free one, so I just assumed it was the first, and I knew Stadium was the free environment therefore making it the most popular.

Thanks for the correction though. Always good to be in-the-know.

Top Bottom