• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trackmania Turbo |OT| It's Turbo Time!

Tak3n

Banned
The ability to create your own tracks was a brilliant decision, my Son (8) who has never been into driving games much, is loving this as he is racing his own creations...

and let me tell you, you think adults can come up with some weird tracks!

Well that's odd... I too am 1st in England :p

Also 1st in UK, 7th in world. Still not really sure what that stat measures (some combination of medals and online progress)

I knew it sounded too good to be true! I also keep getting 2nd in England for a lot of the individual track leaderboards after practice. I wonder how accurate they are..

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Well, it finally works. Still broken on the Store (wouldn't let me download the full game, only the beta which isn't even active anymore), but I could download it through my library.

Why doesn't the campaign screen show what medals you have on each track? It shows which ones you've gotten Green on, but nothing else. Stupid and annoying.

Otherwise, having fun!

Tizoc

Yeah the EU issue is fixed. I just logged into my EU account, ran the game, said the game was unlocked.
Then I switched to my main account and put 2 hours into it.
15 Gold Medals so far but I'm not concerned. My goal is to get all Silver if possible.

Hackbert

online madness + a nice trackmania playlist on spotify.. ah yeah. also shouldn the server limit be 100... most the time it is almost 150

*Splinter

online madness + a nice trackmania playlist on spotify.. ah yeah. also shouldn the server limit be 100... most the time it is almost 150
As people join and leave they stay on the leaderboard. So it's only 100 players at a time but the number on the leaderboard creeps up

FDC1

It's 100 at the same time, some players leave the session, others join, as long you were there at one point on the map, you're counted in the rankings.

Edit: burned

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Yeah the EU issue is fixed. I just logged into my EU account, ran the game, said the game was unlocked.
Then I switched to my main account and put 2 hours into it.
15 Gold Medals so far but I'm not concerned. My goal is to get all Silver if possible.

How do you actually tell if you now have the full unlocked game or the trial? I didn't bother to even download the game while it was broken, so I just want to make sure.

Just played for about 3 hours straight, after just wanting to get some golds on the second part of the campaign! The campaign is fun and all but the online is what attracts me most! Some of the levels people are creating are insane!

Does anyone know how to make a server a favourite on PS4? I don't see any option too. Thanks!

Chiramii

Alright, so I've managed to convert several tracks from TM² to TMT. Might do a step by step guide later on, and set up a room for PC players that want some fullspeed goodness. Seems like the server is acting up at the moment, can't upload the tracks or join other online rooms. Anyone else struggling with this right now?

paischu

So after playing this yesterday, I saw that TM2 Canyon Stadium and Valley exist.
I must have been on drugs as I never knew these existed!

Loved TM Nations back in the day and am now wondering if I should pick up the bundle of the 3 games for 20€ on Steam. Are the games still played? Are they worth it?

weekev

Banned
Apologies if this has been asked/answered in this thread, couldn't find it in the OP. Does this game support cross play?

Raitaro

Just bought a physical PS4 copy - my first ever entry into this series!

The beta left a very positive impression with me and while I still wish there was at least an optional mode to race against the AI or other players simultaneously on special tracks (with cars colliding I mean), the core game of competing against ghosts for better times is really great too.

Will try to get some quality time in with the game over the Easter weekend.

Raitaro

Not at all. Even the leaderboards are platform specific.

Now that you bring this up: I am actually a bit worried that all of the best custom tracks will be stuck on PC, assuming that this is where the community will reside for the most part. If only the track exchanging/sharing could work like Super Mario Maker in that a code would be sufficient to have any copy of the game re-generate it for you.

weekev

Banned
Now that you bring this up: I am actually a bit worried that all of the best custom tracks will be stuck on PC, assuming that this is where the community will reside for the most part. If only the track exchanging/sharing could work like Super Mario Maker in that a code would be sufficient to have any copy of the game re-generate it for you.
Yeah this is my concern too. Hopefully Ubi find a way to cross platform track share.

paischu

I guess they could still patch it in.

Looking at the leaderboard, the highest population at the moment is on PS4, following XBone and then PC. (According to my country) Understandable as the PC crowd has a much more refined game.

Concerning the sharing aspect, that could be handled using the https://players.turbo.trackmania.com/ page very easily. (imo)

Invis

Having an issue with the resolution set in game and in the config not setting properly. I tried 1080p in the game and config, and same with 4K, and the resolution always is locked to 720p. Anyone experiencing this as well, or know how to fix it?

Quesa

Is the big difference between this and TM2 the whole "throw whatever you want into a server" thing, and the party modes in Turbo? Every time I get into a room the chat is nothing but people complaining about a lack of options in Turbo.

dLMN8R

Having some serious issues on PC playing with an Xbox One controller. Game runs fine, but when I exit, my computer freezes up, and clicking my mouse only makes some insane beep noise. I have to force reboot my PC.
Came here to post this, so glad I am not the only one... Back to my WiiU Pro controller it is.

Are you using Insider builds?

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...nsider-preview-build-14291-for-pc-and-mobile/

Your PC may freeze when plugging in an Xbox One or Xbox 360 controller and other gamepads in this build.

Anybody else been having server connection issues? I'm unable to join any rooms, and the website it directs me to doesn't have any information on the problem.

Chiramii

Good to see some GAF PC rooms getting put up. Favorited.

Thanks! Talked to another player yesterday that had been converting tracks from TM2 to TMT, and he seemed very secretive about it, uploading tracks privately so nobody else could favorite tracks individually, only his own room. It got me pretty worked up so I've been spending most of my day trying to figure out how to convert tracks on my own and uploading them publicly. And as I've mentioned earlier I will probably write a guide on how to do it when I have enough time.

Yudoken

Yeah this is my concern too. Hopefully Ubi find a way to cross platform track share.

Trials Fusion was the worst case, the community was splited in 5 platforms.
Games like that would extremely benefit if they unite the online (which should be now possible or at least PC and PS4).

Top Bottom