• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trackmania Turbo |OT| It's Turbo Time!

not a game issue...it's an issue with previous MS Updates...there are 2 of them that caused serious issues with the XBOX ONE Controller

you have to uninstall them and force hide the updates from installing again

KB3140743 & KB3140768

Even though I hid them, they were downloaded again without my knowledge.

Even though I hid them, they were downloaded again without my knowledge.

I uninstall the updates in Safe Mode then reboot back into normal mode to finish hiding them

there's different sites that have the instructions up on how to fully stop the updates from re-installing

wouwie

So as a thank you for pre-ordering (which i almost never do), we can't actually play the game in EU... How do things like this happen, i keep wondering.

torpet

Neo Member
Having some serious issues on PC playing with an Xbox One controller. Game runs fine, but when I exit, my computer freezes up, and clicking my mouse only makes some insane beep noise. I have to force reboot my PC.

Came here to post this, so glad I am not the only one... Back to my WiiU Pro controller it is.

Keby

For someone who has been playing Tackmania 2 since stadium. Should I get this or wait for them to add lagoon to mania planet?

Gotta say, I love the music in this. Only track I've removed is Randomer - "No Hook" (annoying trashcan hit beat). It's the most obnoxious thing if you're stuck on a course and that stupid sound keeps repeating

Haven't tired of anything else though. Those Mitch Murder tracks are a treat

Apparently the licences are being fixed for everyone who pre-ordered overnight, so by tomorrow everyone affected should be able to play the game they paid for.

Glad they're getting it sorted, but this is the last time I pre-order digitally.

Lemonte

For someone who has been playing Tackmania 2 since stadium. Should I get this or wait for them to add lagoon to mania planet?

Depends how long can you wait. Dev said they don't know when they release lagoon on maniaplanet. But estimate was somewhere between 3 to 12 months. They need to roll maniaplanet 4.0 update at the same time which includes all the improvements to other environments that were for Turbo.

And they supposedly give Maniaplanet Lagoon for free to everyone who bought Turbo.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Still nothing (EU pre-order). Pathetic. PS Store is obviously completely fucking broken, as the game page says "bought" for me but still wants me to buy it. What the fuck. Never pre-ordering on PSN again unless the discount is fucking amazing. Fuck this mess.

This is worse then i expected. They have stripped it of everything that made me keep playing the old ones for hundreds and thousands of hours. Wher's the gratification for the players in this game? Ther's no leaderboards, no record lists, no server communities. Ther's no point to this game for the mid and long term.

SilentRob

Is there some way for me to specifically look for custom tracks online? I didn't get a single server with custom tracks in 2 hours of playtime...

Inside

This is worse then i expected. They have stripped it of everything that made me keep playing the old ones for hundreds and thousands of hours. Wher's the gratification for the players in this game? Ther's no leaderboards, no record lists, no server communities. Ther's no point to this game for the mid and long term.

There should be a online site for statistics etc. The link was written somewhere last time I booted up to see whether the game had become avaliable for eu pre orders

FDC1

It seems they're working right now on the preorder problem. It's still the demo only but it doesn't propose me anymore to buy the game again

Edit: problem solved! I restored my licences and it works now.

Inside

It seems they working right now about the preorder problem. It's still the demo only but it doesn't propose me anymore to buy the game again

Edit: problem solved! I restored my licences and it works now.

How do you restore the license?

Edit: found it and it works!

Select [PlayStation™Network/Account Management] > [Restore Licenses].

How do you restore the license?

Edit: found it and it works!

Select [PlayStation™Network/Account Management] > [Restore Licenses].

Yes!

Edit: my new dumb as shit soundtrack to this game is a 90's happy hardcore play list I found on Spotify. So, so bad.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Anyone else experience a black screen on startup? Tried running the game as admin and it's not working :/
Typical side effect of having uplay overlay disabled on first boot. At least in my experience with Ubi PC titles. Maybe that?

I just pulled the trigger on the Steam version. It seems like so much fun, I'm really looking forward to playing it tomorrow before work!

According to the Global Rankings I'm currently 1st in England and 2nd in the UK out of about 19000 (playing on PS4).

Anyone know what this is based on? I've got a gold medal on each of the first 70 but haven't even attempted the other 130 yet.

Chiramii

So some dude has managed to convert TM2 tracks over to TMT. I decided to join a near empty room that said it had fullspeed tracks, and sure enough it really had. With colored track creator names, gps, block clipping and everything.

Didn't want to bug him too much, but it was a bit challenging according to him. Faith restored.

My Amazon copy has been "Preparing for Shipment" for the past two days.

First and last time trying out the Prime discount I guess, Best Buy never has this issue with GCU
I have been using it for over a year (prime) and always day one. That sucks it has been a bad experience for you.

I just made a handful of goofy mini stadium tracks and a room if anyone wants to join: room #34640 or you can add me on psn: supaflyryguy

PS I'm brand new to this series so I have no clue what I'm doing.

Chris R

Not being able to play the campaign because the game is "Getting Information" sucks... Might just disable wifi next time I play lol

I have been using it for over a year (prime) and always day one. That sucks it has been a bad experience for you.

Amazon is usually good, no idea why they couldn't get the game in the mail. At least I was able to cancel before it shipped so I don't have to deal with a return.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Well, let's see about that... I'm hopeful, but certainly not convinced.

Yes. But for once the digital release was actually cheaper (if you pre-ordered), and this is also the type of game I want available to fire up for a few quick races whenever, like with Trials or Rocket League. So I pre-ordered, and now I have nothing. What fun.

Yeah, I also hate the boxart ... Eugh

*Splinter

According to the Global Rankings I'm currently 1st in England and 2nd in the UK out of about 19000 (playing on PS4).

Anyone know what this is based on? I've got a gold medal on each of the first 70 but haven't even attempted the other 130 yet.
Well that's odd... I too am 1st in England :p

Also 1st in UK, 7th in world. Still not really sure what that stat measures (some combination of medals and online progress)

farisr

So, are there any long tracks in this game that are suitable for "traditional" splitscreen sessions, or are they all relatively short point to point tracks?

squid

It might be too early for this, I've never been super hardcore into TM, but I had a lot of fun with Nations back in the day, and then TM2 Canyon when it came out, but haven't gone back in ages.

Is it worth it to jump in to this new one? I'd go PC version. Or would it be better just to stick with Canyon, or even buy the other TM2 environments instead? How's the support/community compare?

ChrisDM

So much more comfortable with a keyboard on PC. Not saying it was bad with a gamepad last week with the beta but I'm so used to keyboard controls that it's a day/night difference for me.

On the negative side, AA options are completely lacking. Only FXAA actually works, it does offer some other options outside the game but those don't stick. Same issue with fullscreen resolution, it offers 2560x1440 but at least for me, it doesn't work. It uses 1080p regardless of what resolution above that I select but everything below 1080p works as it should. At least windowed fullscreen renders the game properly so it's not a huge issue.

Finally got to play the PC version and have the same reaction when it comes to keyboard. Gamepad isn't bad at all, but definitely going with the PC version so I have both as an option. Keyboard makes me way better hah.

**********EDIT**********

Are leaderboards cross-platform?

Please tell me someone knows the answer to this because that would make me feel way better about buying on PC. I'm worried PS4 has way more players to compete against.

ChrisDM

No unfortunately.

Darn, that's too bad, seems like this would be the perfect game for it barring full cross-platform MP.

Agh, I had a feeling. Could anyone playing on PC post the amount of players on the leaderboards? It should say it in the top right on the main menu where it says 'World: whatever/whatever' (except whatever is numbers hahah). Gonna check for PS4 as well and edit.

Hackbert

huh.. nice. better late than never. it works in time for the holiday. weird story but happy to see it fixed... happy time hunting everyone

Top Bottom