• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trailer for "10 Cloverfield Lane" (aka Cloverfield 2) airs before 13 Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
12471315_1105779749455295_8499621094939079025_o.jpg

John Goodmans character is gonna be a paranoid, delusionary type that owns the Cloverfield DVD.

don't care how it's related to cloverfield. that trailer was absolutely rad. loved it.

then again i'm one of those weirdos on this site that likes the human aspect of kaiju movies and doesn't need 2 hours of non stop monster to make a film good.

Lol it's funny seeing the praise for cloverfield now, back when it released a lot of people hated the movie due to the shakey camera style

Posers ;)

Cloverfield was one of the best movie experiences I had in theaters , if you can make someone shook without jump scares or someone be on the edge of their seat you've succeeded.

JJ da gawd

It's probably set in buffalo or across the pound into New Jersey
Those damn spider monsters can easily go through the subway system and start attacking everyone , more BOOM style deaths would be crazy :eek:

Same green sky as the first movie's poster.
"Monsters"
Both the monster and John Goodman's character?

The plural 'Monsters' is obviously going to be referring to Goodman. He will be a controlling, angry, paranoid man and MEW will think he's just a psycho who has captured them (from that glance between them in the trailer I'd say the other guy is not there by choice either). Then, she will escape and realise that while it may have been harsh, at least they had a chance of surviving, while the outside world is dangerous and inhospitable.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Well, I'm cautiously optimistic for a Cloverfield "sequel" as I love the first movie. This sounds like it will be a different kind of film but still sounds interesting to me, I'll most likely be seeing it week one.

Lol it's funny seeing the praise for cloverfield now, back when it released a lot of people hated the movie due to the shakey camera style

Posers ;)

Cloverfield was one of the best movie experiences I had in theaters , if you can make someone shook without jump scares or someone be on the edge of their seat you've succeeded.

JJ da gawd

It's probably set in buffalo or across the pound into New Jersey
Those damn spider monsters can easily go through the subway system and start attacking everyone , more BOOM style deaths would be crazy :eek:

I've always thought that it was an incredible accomplishment and has yet to be emulated equally. That constant sense of dread throughout the whole movie is so oppressive and so good.

don't care how it's related to cloverfield. that trailer was absolutely rad. loved it.

then again i'm one of those weirdos on this site that likes the human aspect of kaiju movies and doesn't need 2 hours of non stop monster to make a film good.
You're not alone in that regard

The movie theater I woke at has a list of every upcoming movie releasing in the next few months, and I looked at it the other day and saw "unannounced bad robot film".

Guess this is what it meant, and I can't wait!

jett

D-Member
Looks interesting I guess. I didn't like Cloverfield however.

Picked up on what? It's not like no one knew this movie was being made. It's a low budget Bad Robot production about a woman trapped in a bunker with some dude who claims the world outside has ended. It was called Valencia. Everyone reported on it, she's been interviewed about it. At some point the project "evolved" into 10 Cloverfield Lane. A movie which JJ Abrams now claims is a "blood relative" to Cloverfield. The only "secret" here is that it's now a Cloverfield movie. *cough*

Well I guess this is one way to immediately add notoriety to a movie that wouldn't have had any. :p

I like this aspect, but I think it's rarely done well. The Last of Us is probably one of the best examples I can think of. The Mist was also pretty great.

Fortunately this looks like the aim of the film first and foremost. That's part of the reason it's not starting out as a Cloverfield film is so encouraging to me. If the characters have been the focus from the start there's a good chance we'll be getting some quality entertainment real soon.

I'd like to add that I absolutely LOVE the idea of keeping a film so secret this close to release in this day and age is more than enough to get me to see it day one on that alone. More low budget high concept films could benefit from this I think, with a proper marketing budget afterwards at least.

I knew it!

About a year ago, a friend of mine from high school said he was working as a production assistant on Facebook for an "untitled project" and after some people pried a bit, he said it was a spiritual sequel to "a pretty infamous project from a few years back."

He shared a couple of pictures a month after that but all I remember was one big chroma key rig outside of a vault looking area, and then he took them down. He said it was a "monster movie with a comedic edge" and had some stupid wink emoji or something. I was thinking it was another shitty sequel to Monsters; but for a second I thought it could have been Cloverfield. I completely forgot about it until now.

This is awesome.

gamz

So this has little to do with the first movie except name, because why else would the girl not believe goodman after a Kajiu ransacked NY.

This trailer came up as a YouTube ad for me this morning. Found it interesting so I kept watching and when the title came up at the end I literally said out loud "WHAT?"

Looking forward to this

Stop naming movies after a Los Angeles street. Abrams has no creativity.

Yup, Cloverfield was trash. Awful found footage nonsense and a bunch of pseudo-yuppy mouthbreathers who couldn't die fast enough.

image.php

whats it like to hate everything?

iMax

Picked up on what? It's not like no one knew this movie was being made. It's a low budget Bad Robot production about a woman trapped in a bunker with some dude who claims the world outside has ended. It was called Valencia. Everyone reported on it, she's been interviewed about it. At some point the project "evolved" into 10 Cloverfield Lane. A movie which JJ Abrams now claims is a "blood relative" to Cloverfield. The only "secret" here is that it's now a Cloverfield movie. *cough*

Cloverfield wasn't event Cloverfield until the trailer hit. It was called Slusho or something.

Fret

I don't care if the movie was slapped together in the last second to be relevant to Cloverfield, as long as its actually a good film, which looks likely

Xater

I like the setup, I like the people involved and I like that it's not found footage. I am actually interested in this film and though Cloverfield was kinda crap.

PR_rambo

Banned
I knew it!

About a year ago, a friend of mine from high school said he was working as a production assistant on Facebook for an "untitled project" and after some people pried a bit, he said it was a spiritual sequel to "a pretty infamous project from a few years back."

He shared a couple of pictures a month after that but all I remember was one big chroma key rig outside of a vault looking area, and then he took them down. He said it was a "monster movie with a comedic edge" and had some stupid wink emoji or something. I was thinking it was another shitty sequel to Monsters; but for a second I thought it could have been Cloverfield. I completely forgot about it until now.

This is awesome.

Thats interesting, seeing as MEW claimed that in the interview that the plot becomes progressively darker and less funny. Maybe he was working on this.

Who knew there was comedy involved?

near

Gold Member
Cloverfield wasn't event Cloverfield until the trailer hit. It was called Slusho or something.

Slusho was a codename for Cloverfield. The connections between Slusho and Cloverfield are actually a lot deeper, and Cloverfield was always the intended vision. Whereas this project started off as a film called Valencia and developed into 'blood relative' sequel in other words a spiritual sequel with the title Cloverfield in it. That's what's being indicated right now, I guess we'll find out more when someone gives us a detailed interview.

aett

I'm totally with you. I hate how people keep hoping that Pacific Rim 2 will have "more kaiju, less humans" because I absolutely loved everything with Idris Elba, Charlie Day, and Ron Perlman, among others. (Also, I almost never notice bad accents in media.)

Amen. In my opinion it's not a monster / kaiju movie without some human drama whenever it's good or bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom