• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trails in the Sky the 3rd |OT| Time's the Charm

zakujanai

I just opened sun sun door 3 and I don't really know how. Assumed it was
Zin
but then everyone walked through the door.

I was reading somewhere that there is a special weapon you can only get if a certain characters enters a certain door
anelace
can anyone confirm if its obvious where in the game this happens?

rickyson1

I've gotten recipes through doors too.
7 sounds really low though. Have you eaten all the food you get from chests?
Cause you only learn the recipe if you eat it.

Have you been eating food items? You automatically learn recipes that way. The only ones you find in the wild are food items you can't eat (attack cookies, etc.).

thanks had a feeling I was missing something,went from 7 to 22 eating food

Jolkien

I was reading somewhere that there is a special weapon you can only get if a certain characters enters a certain door
anelace

As soon as you recruit her you can access the door. It's obvious which fight you need to win in it.

Star Door 1 and 5 question:

Winning or losing didn't seem to have any effect on the rewards in 1, but you need to win in 5 for the reward. Are the rest of the doors going to be like 1 or 5, in terms of having to win for the reward?

Sara

anelace

Actually, while you get the special weapon from the door available right away, what people mention more often is that you need to get the weapon when you can, then take that character when you do the highest difficulty of the Arena door to make the weapon even stronger.

zakujanai

Yes it's him and your whole party follows through.

I see, thanks. He did basically carry me through those fights (god bless true distend). I'm sure I saw another door about a man who talks with his fists though, surely that's him too. I'm done for the day so I'll have a look at that door again in the morning.

So spoilt for choice of party members in this game. I'm basically just using whoever I found last.

Thud

Chapter 3 bosses were a nice suprise.

I think I wasted some attacks on those mirrors just to be sure I got it lol.Yeah that fight kinda threw me off, still managed to do it in one go.

Went with Kevin/Kloe/Mueller/Josette and Ries/Julia/Joshua/Tita.

Given the colors, I have a good idea which party members will join next :p.

zakujanai

Chapter 3 bosses were a nice suprise.

I think I wasted some attacks on those mirrors just to be sure I got it lol.Yeah that fight kinda threw me off, still managed to do it in one go.

Went with Kevin/Kloe/Mueller/Josette and Ries/Julia/Joshua/Tita.

Given the colors, I have a good idea which party members will join next :p.

Really? The colours of the paths just made me think of Silver Will, Golden Wings but since you already
have Joshua
at that point that didn't fit.

jman2050

Third star door (with
Kloe
and
Joshua
:

You'd think after two games and everything that happened in SC that Joshua would be over being a dumb naive idiot but NOPE, stupid is as stupid does.

Thank goodness Kloe and Estelle are around to keep hitting him into shape.

Jolkien

Moon Door 2
As usual the doors keeps on being awesome. I really loved delving in Schera's past and her relationship with Aina. Although I would've liked to see how Aina comes to join the guild but it was a wonderful story, being able to play young Schera was also fun, I wonder how come as a junior bracer she didn't had an orbment though, I guess they could've still be hard to come by after the war.

As soon as you recruit her you can access the door. It's obvious which fight you need to win in it.

Actually, while you get the special weapon from the door available right away, what people mention more often is that you need to get the weapon when you can, then take that character when you do the highest difficulty of the Arena door to make the weapon even stronger.

So you basically have to be gow3 ending to mess it up
Thanks

Tonton

Star Door 4
So, does anyone else feel this is a big tease to what you'll be doing in the Calvard games?
From what I know of Crossbell the SSS is inspires by the bracer guild and so was Class VII
And here we have Calvard forming a intelligent division with a Bracer Receptionist in a important position
Either way I feel we will be seeing Kilika again in the Calvard games in a important role at least

Oreiller

Star Door 4
So, does anyone else feel this is a big tease to what you'll be doing in the Calvard games?
From what I know of Crossbell the SSS is inspires by the bracer guild and so was Class VII
And here we have Calvard forming a intelligent division with a Bracer Receptionist in a important position
Either way I feel we will be seeing Kilika again in the Calvard games in a important role at least

I'd be very surprised if it weren't. It's really impressive how this game sets up so many plot threads for future games tbh.

Eternia

Moon Door 2
As usual the doors keeps on being awesome. I really loved delving in Schera's past and her relationship with Aina. Although I would've liked to see how Aina comes to join the guild but it was a wonderful story, being able to play young Schera was also fun, I wonder how come as a junior bracer she didn't had an orbment though, I guess they could've still be hard to come by after the war.
I also thought it was going to wrap around and end with her signing up with the guild.

A few other nice touches in the side story was watching a young Dorothy around Grancel, interacting with Kurt in the Bracer building and finally Sophisticated Fight as the battle theme!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
BHWEv60.jpg

The Machias prototype.

In fact, this entire
Moon Door is like a huge prototype to Cold Steel's school setting

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Finished it not sure if I did everything I could though. 3rd spoilers + Zero spoilers
Like stuff like Anelaces sword I didn't know about so I sold it :/ before doing the last arena. Did all the doors, all the minigames and all their difficulties. I think I did all the door stories twice that you can lose/win a fight in.

In any case I have to say I regret a little bit playing Zero before this. It's not a major deal really but I would be lying if I didn't feel like appreciating certain things more if I played 3rd before it. Stuff like Killika appearing in Zero. Renne backstory expanded further and Lechter's expanded past.
It's actually mostly things related to Zero stuff. Weirdly I'm more ambivalent on the tie ins for Cold Steel I/II. I love those and appreciate them but things like learning about North Ambria after the fact didn't really lessen things for me.
It's I think because a lot of the stuff that ties into Zero kind of explains on why characters are in the place they are when you meet them in that game whereas Cold Steel tie ins are more like additional nice to have context. Glad to have this out of the way before Ao though.

There are so many things to mull over but in this moment outside of Kevin and Ries I have to say Richard is a big standout story for me in 3rd. All the scenes he gets really expands on his regrets. In SC it felt a bit too quick/convenient but 3rd for me he earns his redemption not by just helping in a critical moment but with the way he approaches it and struggles with it. That actually makes me so excited to meet him again in the future, hopefully.
After that the other one that I really liked was Kloe and Lechter although it all feels like a giant tease cause it never feels like we learned about what Lechter is about, assuming of course that him being so whimsical is just a facet of what drives him and not the only thing.

MKIL65

BHWEv60.jpg

The Machias prototype.

In fact, this entire
Moon Door is like a huge prototype to Cold Steel's school setting

Yeah, I was really surprised.

I was all like (Cold Steel 1 and 2 spoilers)
''Oh Osborne, what horrors have you unleashed upon this academy?'' When I saw Lechter.

desmax

Yeah, I was really surprised.

I was all like (Cold Steel 1 and 2 spoilers)
''Oh Osborne, what horrors have you unleashed upon this academy?'' When I saw Lechter.

I was pretty sure he would talk about her true identity at some point. Maybe in another door

Hm. I'm missing one
boots to walk on the lava
for chapter 4. Anyone know where to find it? I found
2 in the east exit and 1 in the north

Tohsaka

The second round of the fishing mini-game is terrible. I fail to catch anything at least 50% of the time, and the opponent has bullshit luck and usually catches at least one fish worth 200+ points every game. I've lost six times in a row and am about to just quit this door and come back later or not at all.

Famassu

Oh how I wished currently that there was a Vita-playable version of this (localized version). Have to stay at the hospital due to kidney stones atm -_-

Jolkien

Oh how I wished currently that there was a Vita-playable version of this (localized version). Have to stay at the hospital due to kidney stones atm -_-

Aww man I feel for you. Never had kidney stone but I did have gall stones in the past, wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Hope you get through the ordeal relatively pain free.
On topic: You know you'll have a good time when you get an item called Superior Gladiator Headband :)

Eila

The second round of the fishing mini-game is terrible. I fail to catch anything at least 50% of the time, and the opponent has bullshit luck and usually catches at least one fish worth 200+ points every game. I've lost six times in a row and am about to just quit this door and come back later or not at all.

Good luck with the third one I guess.
I did the first 2 pretty easily, while the third one took me a retry.

Got to the first door
Why did the moon door bother showing tita a memory of stuff she experienced? While it was conveinent for the audience it didn't seem like much of a reward for Tita

Jolkien

Got to the first door
Why did the moon door bother showing tita a memory of stuff she experienced? While it was conveinent for the audience it didn't seem like much of a reward for Tita

Every door (at least so far, almost done with chapter 4) are memories that the character in question revisit (and it let us experience them for the first time). They are all powerful memories that shaped their life one way or another.

Every door (at least so far, almost done with chapter 4) are memories that the character in question revisit (and it let us experience them for the first time). They are all powerful memories that shaped their life one way or another.

Gotcha, and based upon who some of the playable characters are and stuff I've heard through the grape vine
a lot of these are gonna be painful memories like renne's

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Character spoilers I guess up to Chapter 6:

I was trying out Richard and Renne and was confused why you'd use Richard over Anelace what with her craft list having AT Delay until I tried out his first craft. Thing has less cooldown after than simply skipping your turn, with a glad belt/solar seal he can rapid fire the damn things.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It's in
Grancel Cathedral, take the lower left door.
Thanks.

More Moon Door 2 spoilers.

If you inspect the Bracer request list in Schera's flashback, it mentions replacing road lamps. Schera wonders what such a dull request is doing there, and commends Kurt for taking it on.

Flash forward to Cold Steel, and the Erebonian Bracer Guild has you doing exactly this.
Amazing.

Isn't there also one very similar in FC?
Probably, yeah. I forget. That makes it a double reference.
Or more like a callback in CS and a reference to FC. Semantics etc.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks.

More Moon Door 2 spoilers.

If you inspect the Bracer request list in Schera's flashback, it mentions replacing road lamps. Schera wonders what such a dull request is doing there, and commends Kurt for taking it on.

Flash forward to Cold Steel, and the Erebonian Bracer Guild has you doing exactly this.
Amazing.

Isn't there also one very similar in FC?

Aeana

Beat the third
fishing dude
on my first try. I'd never really tried before, but there doesn't appear to be any real penalty for mashing the button.

jonjonaug

lol fuck the 5th layer boss.

I manage to get around the petrify status without having the accessories going in with careful planning and heavy use of cure magic and items. Then the actual boss shows up after 15 minutes, petrifies my entire party with one attack, and kills everyone with the next one.

Jolkien

This game is so good I lack the proper words. Amazing day spent playing it, for now I'll get some rest and I'll finish chapter 4 tomorrow and keep trucking along.

Thud

Did a bit of chapter 4 and star door 4 as well, things are picking up fast :p.

Okay I didn't expect both Zin and Olivier to end up joining at the end of chapter 3. Added both to my team, Zin is the beast of the 4th plane.

I almost had Mueller in Star Door 1 - he was whittled down to a sliver of health - but I had used up all my healing options and just couldn't quite pull it off. How frustrating.

jman2050

Holy crap they fixed Sanctus Nova.

It is so good now.

Third plane spoilers:
I have no idea how I could have even begun to deal with the Silver Path boss without double popping Sanctus Nova + a Titanic Roar to take down those chariot things. Kloe be the MVP all over again. Doesn't help that I took josette down Silver and she managed to get a defense debuff on the main boss before dying like a pansy multiple times. She is just as worthless as ever. Please game don't ever make me use her again.

Top Bottom