• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trance Music |OT| #trancefamily

Here's a very brief clip from the Aly & Fila/John O'Callaghan show I went to at the Exchange LA Friday night. It was fun and my group had a great time.

As explained in the youtube description, I didn't record for much longer because I assumed the sound quality would be awful. It's actually pretty good for a cell phone video though.

So, any recommendations from Afterhour's EOYC sets?

Favorite from ones I've listened to...

#42 Bryan Kearney
#43 Aly & Fila
#63 Giuseppe Ottaviani
#69 Tero A
#135 Angel Ace
#141 Matt Bukovski
#204 Leon Bolier
#223 Akira Kayosa
#225 Solarstone
#243 Nifra

With Kearney, Bukovski, and Solarstone being top three probably.

But still so many to get around to listening to.

I'm slowly being dragged into the world of edm by a group of friends I've had for many years. They took me to see gareth emery and to a rave on new years eve. at this rate i'll probably be bullying college friends to go to edm shows with me when i go back to school.

Ashhong

EDM shows are fucking amazing. Better than any "party" genre shows, easy. So much love for the music and each other, corny as that sounds. It's slowly being taken over by the douches from the mainstream though..

EDM shows are fucking amazing. Better than any "party" genre shows, easy. So much love for the music and each other, corny as that sounds. It's slowly being taken over by the douches from the mainstream though..

In what way? I was at the exchange LA (it's a club, so might be different from what you're thinking) last week to see Aly & Fila and there were a lot of drunken people stumbling around. In the bathroom a lot of guys were obnoxious, asking for coke, yelling, etc. Is that what you're referring to? I haven't been to many EDM shows so I can't compare it to much, but it wasn't really like that at the Palladium when I saw Armin.

Ashhong

In what way? I was at the exchange LA (it's a club, so might be different from what you're thinking) last week to see Aly & Fila and there were a lot of drunken people stumbling around. In the bathroom a lot of guys were obnoxious, asking for coke, yelling, etc. Is that what you're referring to? I haven't been to many EDM shows so I can't compare it to much, but it wasn't really like that at the Palladium when I saw Armin.

Nope, by EDM shows I'm referring to Palladium, EDC, Circus, Beyond, not Sutra/Avalon etc. It's not so much at massives anymore, but like you said, it was different at Armin. The ones not at clubs are all very much people who are there for the music and everyone is nice to each other, complimenting each other, trading bracelets, and just having a good time.

And fuck yes, Myon & Shane 54 end of the year countdown is out! I had no idea. I wait for this every year.

http://www.edmtunes.com/2012/12/myon-and-shane-54-end-of-year-countdown-2012-ah-fm-30-12-2012/

Tr4nce

My track was played on Silk Royal Showcase 170. Nice! :)

Posted on January 4, 2013
1. Vadim Soloviev feat. Marcie – Stay With Me (2013 Deep Mix) [Intricate] [00:00]
2. Signum – Push Through (Suspect44 Remix) [Armada] [06:35]
3. Wayward Brothers – Time Square (Original Mix) [Incepto] [09:55]
4. Mike Pearl feat. James Dalton – Don’t You Cry (Original Mix) [Arrant] [14:40]
5. eleven.five – The Way We Were (Toby Hedges Remix) [Arrival] [19:30]
6. Alex M.O.R.P.H. feat. Shannon Hurley – Monday Morning Madness (Alexander Popov Remix) [ASOT] [24:30]
7. Roggu – Morsita (Original Mix) [Dangerbox] [29:45]
8. Morrison Kiers – Asgard (Original Mix) [Incepto] [35:00]
9. Sebastian Weikum – It Moves On (Roddy Reynaert Remix) [Colorize] [42:30]
10. Mischa Daniels – Rush (Extended Mix) [Fame] [49:40]
11. Paul Oakenfold & Matt Goss pres. The Concrete Sneakers – Touch The Sky (Faustix & Imanos Remix) [Perfecto] [54:10]
12. Jonas Hornblad – LeeLoo (Original Mix) [EnMass] [58:10]
13. Christian Burns, Paul Oakenfold, Jes – As We Collide (Jesse Voorn Remix) [Armada] [62:20]
14. Muska – Get On (Original Mix) [Dangerbox] [66:55]
15. Marcus Schossow – Helvete (Original Mix) [Garuda] [71:50]
16. Aruna – Save The Day (Tom Fall Remix) [Black Hole] [75:30]
17. Tenishia & Ruben De Ronde feat. Shannon Hurley – Love Survives (Flashtech Remix) [S107] [80:45]
18. W&W – Lift Off! (Original Mix) [Mainstage] [86:15]
19. ZROQ – Drop The Bass (Original Mix) [CDR] [89:35]
20. Lucky Date, Zedd, Ellie Goulding – Fall Into The Sky (Original Mix) [Interscope] [95:10]
21. Kryder – Scorpio (Original Mix) [Trice] [98:05]
22. Danny Dove & Nathan C – Like That (Original Mix) [Trice] [102:19]
23. Nicky Romero, NERVO – Like Home (Original Mix) [Protocol] [107:15]
24. Faruk Sabanci feat. Cami – Awaken (Original Mix) [AVA] [111:21]

Link: http://silkroyalshowcase.com/silk-r...lk-royal-showcase-170-tom-fall-hello-2013-mix

Tr4nce

I think the label (Incepto Music) just does their job of promoting their artists very well, because I haven't had any contact with Tom Fall himself :)

By the way: 'Asgard' will release on January 14th on Incepto Music.

Ashhong

I think the label (Incepto Music) just does their job of promoting their artists very well, because I haven't had any contact with Tom Fall himself :)

By the way: 'Asgard' will release on January 14th on Incepto Music.

Well then that leads me to my next question, how do you get your music to the labels?

I actually have had contact with Tom Fall, cool dude. Very friendly.

Tr4nce

When you think it's good enough just contact labels through their email, or soundcloud. And hope they like it and respond! It can take weeks though before they respond :)

Tr4nce

Or stuff like:

Second Sun - Empire

Menno de Jong - Spirit (Paul Miller remix)

Rapid Eye - Circa Forever (R.A.P.I.D remix)

?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say

Congrats, I still have a copy of the track you did with Galen Behr sitting around on my HD :)

I'm on the pre-sale list for ASOT 600. I'm definitely interested in going (even if I'm not huge into AVB anymore, his show in 2006 at the Tobacco Warehouse was one of the best EDM shows I've ever been to and I'm hoping he can recapture some of that magic), even though I feel as an Islander fan stepping inside MSG will cause me to be smited or something :p

Tr4nce

Wow that is great too man!

You're talking about nebula. Oh my god. Haha. Such a shame it never got released. Nice guy Galen Behr. Great fellow.

Ashhong

Ah, thanks for the suggestions guys! It may not be a proper point of reference, but I really love this mix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg0Je4pLaCM

Hence the "energetic" description. :) I guess I just want something that is constantly evolving. I'll look through your suggestions shortly.

I'm sure oldschool mixes will work, but if you want something current, I think ASOT shows sound very similar to this. It may not all sound like this, but there are definitely songs that sound like these in it.

And congrats tr4nce!

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
GAF I need more suggestions similar to ZEDD, Dada Life, and Nicky Romero. I have all of Axtone Presents: Thomas Gold, as well.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
ASOT 600 NYC lineup:
149524_10151241341058316_398273077_n.jpg
Love that Ferry and Markus will be there, don't like W&W at all though.

Ashhong

I can't see the lineup. I didn't like W&W either until I went to Armin's show and he played a bunch of their songs. It's great live and in a crowd, really gets the energy going.

I'm pretty fucking pissed that there's no ASOT 600 in LA. He better do Armin Only later this year. He promised to have that in LA.

jambo

I've seen W&W a few times and they have really good energy in their sets.

Best time was a tiny gig in the upstairs room of a night club. Probably 50 or so people, but they loved it, played a great set and had a nice chat with everyone afterwards.

Had a few great gigs at that spot, hanging out with DJs like Sied van Riel, Solarstone, Jochen Miller, J00F and others.

The weirdest one was definitely Solarstone, because he played to about 25 people. I was like "this is fucking Solarstone, he can pack out British clubs and festivals, and he's playing to two dozen people..."

Amagon

The venue for #ASOT600NYC is such a joke. Not only were the floor tickets sold out in seconds, but there are seats to purchase on the floor for $144. And seating on the upper level for around $40-$80. Seats! I remember getting ASOT floor tickets @ Roseland Ballroom for $50. Fuck Made Event, fuck MSG and fuck Armin.

Yeah, I bailed after I learned it'd be all ages. I've been saying "Fuck Made Event" since Electric Zoo this past summer, where after my friend's 3-day wristband was ripped/fell off in the crowd during Above & Beyond on the first night event staff told him to go fuck himself when he attempted to get a replacement. If I go to Electric Zoo this year it'll certainly only be for one day, but I really don't want to support Made Event.

Ticket prices for big events like this are out of control but there more people than ever willing to pay them.

D23

GAF I need more suggestions similar to ZEDD, Dada Life, and Nicky Romero. I have all of Axtone Presents: Thomas Gold, as well.

Try afrojack, hardwell, dyro,, autoerotique, chuckie, avicii, laidback luke, porter robinson, dannic

there should b an EDM ot.. .or this is it?

Cagey

Banned
The venue for #ASOT600NYC is such a joke. Not only were the floor tickets sold out in seconds, but there are seats to purchase on the floor for $144. And seating on the upper level for around $40-$80. Seats! I remember getting ASOT floor tickets @ Roseland Ballroom for $50. Fuck Made Event, fuck MSG and fuck Armin.

There wasn't a chance in hell ASOT 600 was going to be held in NYC and not be held in MSG. It's too big of an event to fit in Roseland, Hammerstein, etc., and there's no larger but comparable venue.

Ashhong

Try afrojack, hardwell, dyro,, autoerotique, chuckie, avicii, laidback luke, porter robinson, dannic

there should b an EDM ot.. .or this is it?

This is mainly the trance thread, or at least that's what I made it for. There is an EDM thread but they only listen to weird music I have never heard of.

Fuck YOU man! I had no idea Made Events was handling it though. That sucks, but at least you get an ASOT. Are the upper level "seats" actually assigned?

Top Bottom