• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron |OT| Me Grimlock no bozo! Me KING!

Does anyone have a non-UK pal copy (for xbox 360 or PS3), if so can you tell me if the menus and dialogue are in English?

Thanks,

PS

Looking to get a copy but I'm working in Spain at the moment.

Cheska

So what the hell is up with these constant freezes? I've been enjoying the game and all but I absolutely hate losing progress because the game decides to lock up on me :/ Are the final three chapters shorter? I personally felt that
Chapter 10 with Megatron lasted a bit too long for my taste

Carbonox

So what the hell is up with these constant freezes? I've been enjoying the game and all but I absolutely hate losing progress because the game decides to lock up on me :/ Are the final three chapters shorter? I personally felt that

I was getting many freezes as well, mainly with Chapter 10. Definitely an issue with the game. Luckily I have all of the single player trophies now so I don't need to return to it.

Chapter XI isn't long at all. Chapter XII is pretty long-ish and gets a bit tedious. I wish Chapter XIII was longer though as it's complete and utterly fantastic, and well designed.

Which version are you playing?

Are you referring to lock-ups or the pauses the game makes to load the next bit of the level?

Carbonox

Are you referring to lock-ups or the pauses the game makes to load the next bit of the level?

As he's referring to losing progress, I'm sure it's the freezes, though the random loading that occurs during gameplay is a pain in the arse as well.

I have the PS3 version and the freezes (which requires a reset of the PS3) totalled around 7 times for me.

I've been on a Transformers binge the past few days. Beat War for Cybertron (LTTP) and started Fall tonight and got to chapter 3. Double jump is missed but something about Fall's moving and shooting just "feels" way better. I'm not even much of a Transformers fan and I've been having way too much fun with these games.

Dave_6

360 version here and never had one issue with freezes or hiccups. I've played all the way thru it twice and have also gone back and played certain chapters over and over with no issues.

BTW I also installed it to the HD.

Cheska

As he's referring to losing progress, I'm sure it's the freezes, though the random loading that occurs during gameplay is a pain in the arse as well.

I have the PS3 version and the freezes (which requires a reset of the PS3) totalled around 7 times for me.

Yep, PS3 version over here. I've now had about 5 total hard locks where I've had to manually restart the system. I'm almost done with the game but I think it's still an issue that should be addressed for future people that want to enjoy this game.

Edit: holy shit and it froze again -_- If I wasn't already close to being done I would have quit this by now. This is game breaking stuff in my opinion.

Orion Pax

Neo Member
I have the 360 version and have had no issues that I can think of. I believe the Transformers game runs on Unreal engine if I am not mistaken, and from what I have heard Unreal games tend to run not so well on the PS3. I have noticed some of my other games that use Unreal having issues; like just recently I have been playing Borderlands and it freezes up on me quite frequently when playing with friends. Another game I have had freeze on me is The Batman Arkham games which use Unreal too I think. Then again could just be my PS3 is getting old.

Sora_N

Yep, PS3 version over here. I've now had about 5 total hard locks where I've had to manually restart the system. I'm almost done with the game but I think it's still an issue that should be addressed for future people that want to enjoy this game.

Edit: holy shit and it froze again -_- If I wasn't already close to being done I would have quit this by now. This is game breaking stuff in my opinion.

Are they ever gonna patch it? That puts me off from buying the game.

Kinda wish the thing gave a player count like the previous game did. I keep seeing several gamertags I recognize night after night, and I wonder if the population is just low or I just keep getting paired with them or what.

Really want to see how grimlock is going to look as a titan class next week. Could be REALLY WEIRD to see him vomitting tank shells or something.

Finally hit 3.0 KDR though in MP. Took the better part of this last week after waffling at 2.9 for a while. Yeehaw stomp stomp.

I hope this game sells well enough for another sequel.

I feel bad I haven't gotten it yet, but just can't justify spending the money on it right now, especially with my huge backlog.

I see it placed 7th on the August NPD's. On spot after Sleeping Dogs, though SD came out a week earlier.

Lets hope it continues to sell throughout September!

Edit: Thought it was lame they pulled the demo from the marketplace. Was barely on there for a month.

Messi

I just need to know something about the 3rd or 4th level
Tell me it was intentional to cast Nolan North as a character who ends up exploring ruins and treasure hunting/finding a hidden star map

That made me laugh so hard.

I just need to know something about the 3rd or 4th level
Tell me it was intentional to cast Nolan North as a character who ends up exploring ruins and treasure hunting/finding a hidden star map

That made me laugh so hard.

Haha perfect fit. He even mentioned something about treasure hunting.

I just watched The Movie again, was in the mood for some classic Transformers after playing the game. There's lots of great throwbacks to the film. Made me smile.

I hope there is another one that's based on the Movie.

The End

FYI:

If anyone wants to play as the Dinobots in MP, don't bother with the 800 spacebuck pack, just buy the chest pieces (which enable vehicles modes) at 80 a pop for the 4.

Ponn

Banned
What the goddamn flipping hell!! I'm
FUCKING MEGATRON!!
why are these
fucking ahole Decepticon grunts with shotguns
one shotting me on normal!! This is so annying, i've had no problems till this section its driving me crazy.

Staal

What the goddamn flipping hell!! I'm
FUCKING MEGATRON!!
why are these
fucking ahole Decepticon grunts with shotguns
one shotting me on normal!! This is so annying, i've had no problems till this section its driving me crazy.
I had the same problem. Transform into his cannonmode and shoot everybody too hell.

Q8D3vil

Kinda Lttp, but i bought this game recently through steam sales and finished it today.

Pro's
-3D is just too damn good in this game (the character details were amazing).
-Solid shooting mechanics with great weapons variety.
-Good variety in game play and characters.
-Last chapter is just fucking amazing.

Con's
-Some chapters are kinda repetitive and contain some bad game play (cliff jumper stealth for example).
-Short campaign.
-Sluggish Ai animation when killed.
-Melee combat could have been better.

Perfect Transformers games (didnt play the previous one though).
8.5/10

Tizoc

How's the online for the PS3 ver.? Is it as active as WfC?
I'm thinking of getting all the DLC that're on sale on EU PSN, but I'm not much of an online person, though I wouldn't dabbling online once in a while. Are all the DLC worth getting for under 9 pounds?

Top Bottom