• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron |OT| Me Grimlock no bozo! Me KING!

bumpkin

I really, really love this game so far (I'm up to Chapter 5 I believe) but man am I dying a LOT in places. I'm only playing on Normal so I guess I'm not using the dash enough or boosting around in my alternate mode. I'm currently playing as Jazz in the part where he
falls thru the floor into the big, two level room with waves of enemies
. I'm stuck there as I just keep getting murdered over and over.
I know the part you're talking about, and I basically just used the rifle that has a zoom/scope and picked off the weaker ones as fast as I could first, and then just kept creating distance between me and the bigger enemies to take pot shots with my heavy weapon. It took me a few tries before I managed to get through it.

REV 09

I'm also really enjoying the game and still think the campaign is a big improvement over WFC. The mp is good fun too.

Carbonox

Zavvi truly are fucking pricks. Refuse to cancel my cancellation request (so what if you say awaiting despatch? If you still allow us to select the cancel option, I fucking expect to be able to cancel it), plus I won't even receive the game until Tuesday due to no deliveries on Sunday/Bank Holidays (Bank Holiday Monday in the UK) and tomorrow is too soon given that it's not even been despatched yet.

I'm fucking pissed off right now. If the cancel went through I would have just bowled in to town right now to pick it up (more expensive but who gives a shit, I can't be arsed to wait).

Twats.

dankir

Have they permanently increased the points you get for killing somebody in MP mode?

It was 50 per kill in the first one. Is the 200 we get now going to last or it is a launch week thing?

bryanee

I'm really enjoying it so far but damn I'm getting my ass kicked on normal, the shield goes down stupidly fast. I'll just have to adjust.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Dinobots are dLC but Insecticons aren't? what up with that?

The Insecticons are in the DLC after the Dinobots.

f399f0690591bcab34b68ec78139f03a.jpg

I'm really enjoying it so far but damn I'm getting my ass kicked on normal, the shield goes down stupidly fast. I'll just have to adjust.

The trick is to use the arm switch and be aware of cover and sight lines. Enemies aren't fucking about much, so appropriate use of that mechanic helps a lot.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just finished the game. Really, really liked it. It's pretty much Movie reference central. I only wish it was longer. Not that it's shorter than the average shooter, but it's one of the few times where I was still ready to play more. Most linear shooters I just want to be over with after a few hours. I really am worried this is the last Transformers game we'll get for a long time. Or the last one that's not a cheap cash-in. I think this will sell pretty well, but I think this is near the end of Bay's Transformermania in the mainstream public. I'm honestly surprised this one got made though, so maybe there's hope for a Beast Wars game.

Best credits ever.

george_us

Just finished. The final two missions were awesome but the game as a whole was pretty disappointing. Way too much focus on shallow set pieces and I didn't like any of the core changes to the mechanics. Overall the game didn't feel nearly as well designed as War for Cybertron did.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Played a few levels after the hype for the last game and thinking this could be even better. Very textbook third person shooter like so far, there's nothing special or particularly well made about it and it's almost on rails with the objectives it gives you and the simplistic level design etc. Is the first better? If not I just don't see what the hype was about, it being a pleasant surprise etc. Outside the shiny visuals I'd expect this to be some aimed for the Wii low budget spin off of the real deal.

Orion Pax

Neo Member
Just finished the campaign and am pretty satisfied with how it turned out. Hard to say which one was better to me the first game or this one. I do highly recommend it to anyone that is a Transformers fan. I hope this game does well enough to warrant more sequels. I now will try out the multi-player and escalation modes.

Man anyone got some Infiltrator tips? Got my scientist to 25 and man this class is way different. A lot quicker, and the height difference is jarring.

The weapons seem weak as hell too. Is the SMG any good? A couple levels from unlocking that.

CryptiK

Finished the Campaign. It was pretty amazing! Much more explosive and set pieces this time around which held my attention not to mention a lot more variety.

Weird bug which said I completed the game on easy yet I was on hard all the way :S

The game isn't what I'd call a direct sequel, but more of a loose sequel. You don't really need to play the first game since the main story in FoC is pretty much self-contained. There are some references to the first game, but nothing too major.

WFC is still worth playing, though.

REV 09

The Decepticon missions in the campaign aren't quite as good and are much shorter than the Autobot missions. Still enjoying it though. i've only got 3 missions to go.

bryanee

Ho ho holy crap does this game kick into overdrive in the last quarter.

From the Megatron stuff onwards the game is brilliant and doesnt let up. God damn do I love playing as Grimlock.

Does anyone has the problem launching the game (Steam version)?

Everytime I launch the game, steam asks me to install the Microsoft VC Redist, I already installed, but I want to know if it is only happen to me... It's anyway to fix this?

Thank you

Edit: I just uninstalled the Microsoft VC Redist, and reinstalled with the one from Fall of Cybertron!

Zapages

Love the game. Beat the campaign yesterday, now I've been playing multiplayer. Nothing more satisfying then getting a killing spree with the engergon harvester as a titan or healing everyone then flying away as a scientist.

I'm curious as to what the dino dlc is going to be. I figured they just might be slightly more fancy class looks, but that would be a bit disappointing. I hope dinobot is considered it's own class, along with insecticon. I'm getting ahead of myself, it'll probably just be cosmetic.

Although with these inclusions there needs to be two more escalation maps. One as the dinobots vs insecticons, and one with the reverse.

I love the dinobots. Grimlock is my secret robot man crush.

I really hope if High Moon makes a sequel to this one, it's beast wars based. I'm not big on transformers mythos, but isn't the design of the ark in the game the exact same as the one from the beast wars show? Or is that just how the ark has always looked?

I just really want a good beast wars game, and High Moon has more than proven that they can do it.

Concerning your spoilers:
The ark was only later season of Beast Wars... The maximals and predacons were decedents of the Autobots and Decepticons. To me,

1) TF The Movie the game (Original 1980s). -Galvatron and Unicorn as the Bosses.

Then Beast wars

Dave_6

Ho ho holy crap does this game kick into overdrive in the last quarter.

From the Megatron stuff onwards the game is brilliant and doesnt let up. God damn do I love playing as Grimlock.

Agreed 100%. I finished it yesterday afternoon and enjoyed the hell out of those parts. This game kicks so much ass if you are big TF fan like I am!

Orion Pax

Neo Member
Wow enjoying the game even more on my hard play through; it is nice that I can use all the upgrades that I got from my first play through. Some interesting side stuff that I am experiencing since I am exploring a bit more and trying to find all the stuff in the game.

So did they really kill off Sludge from the dinobots? Makes me kind of sad if they did. Also I laughed so much at the crane game in Megatrons sections.

Yesterday I made a bot for multiplayer I was really satisfied with, but when I woke up this morning I saw that the color I had assigned to it had changed. Upon further inspection it seems they removed a lot of the colors that were available yesterday (and maybe added some others). The one I was using is a very bright white with red (Autobot colors). All I can substitute for it now is a boring silver/grey with red.
Did anyone notice this? PS3 version btw.

I found it highly annoying as I already don't like the way they force certain schemes on you instead of giving you complete freedom.

This. I emailed them about it as did some others from a Transformers fan site. Very disappointing that colors were removed and not just added.

Bog

Junior Ace
Finished it tonight. Final level was just amazing for any TF fan.

Not sure how I feel about it being so easy on Normal (PC version here). I barely died at all from like the
Jazz
level on. On one hand, the game was over in just 2 or 3 sittings, but on the other hand, it wasn't at all frustrating, and I just got to enjoy the story without hating certain levels (like in WFC).

Dave_6

Yes this one is much more fun to play thru than the first one. I own the first one and never finished it so I have begun playing it again just to see how it ends. WOW is it much more difficult! It is pretty much and exercise in frustration as I just keep dying over and over and over and I'm just playing on normal. I mean I don't think I've ever died so much over and over so quickly in any other game I've played lol. I'd MUCH rather play thru this one again than finish the first one for the first time!

bumpkin

Finished it tonight. Final level was just amazing for any TF fan.

Not sure how I feel about it being so easy on Normal (PC version here). I barely died at all from like the
Jazz
level on. On one hand, the game was over in just 2 or 3 sittings, but on the other hand, it wasn't at all frustrating, and I just got to enjoy the story without hating certain levels (like in WFC).
I love how High Moon goes out of their way to pay homage to the G1 cartoons/movie. I grinned ear to ear when
you're playing as Megatron and you confront Starscream, interrupting his little ceremony. "Coronation, Starscream? This is bad comedy." The only way they could have made it better would be letting you crush the crown after he flies away.

Yes this one is much more fun to play thru than the first one. I own the first one and never finished it so I have begun playing it again just to see how it ends. WOW is it much more difficult! It is pretty much and exercise in frustration as I just keep dying over and over and over and I'm just playing on normal. I mean I don't think I've ever died so much over and over so quickly in any other game I've played lol. I'd MUCH rather play thru this one again than finish the first one for the first time!
The only part I remember in WFC that drove me crazy was the part where
you have to "defend" someone repairing Omega Supreme while wave after wave of Decepticons come at you

For the people wonderIng about WFC now because of he sequel, I think it's worth a play through.

I am replaying it again right now because I cant get FoC right now.

Is pretty fun. It can be frustrating though as people have said. I just stuck it on easy for this play through so I can soak in the story and the visuals. I am looking around the levels a lot and just staring at all the ceilings and nook and crannies I didn't before. This game has great art. The Bot campaign is the better one I think with more variety and better set pieces and scale.

Man, I can't wait till I get FoC :(

Finished the campaign last night. Loved the game, just like I did for the original. They didn't mess around with the game and just concentrated on improving parts.

More polish, better looking and some great set pieces. I feel Chapter 2 and 3 and the last couple of chapters were the best by far. The middle wasn't quite as exciting but you get to play as various different Transformers who have their own unique abilities. There's some nice moments of humour in there too.

I loved the fact at the end
it flip flops between sides
. Thought that worked really well and it kept up the pace. I'd have loved if it was a bit longer but it's not a bad size campaign. I'll attack mulitplayer at some point over the next few days.

I'd love to see the series continue, but that'll depend on sales and I'm fearing the worst. I'd also love High Moon to attempt a go at the original movie for their next game though. Think they'd do a great job and it would be great fun to re-live the experience.

Did a second playthrough of the campaign on hard and still reel from how awesome the final level is. It's like the devs really wanted to make up for how Jazz went out in Bayformers 1.

Dave_6

I'm going to start a second playthrough tonight and try to find the rest of the audio logs and blueprints along with the easter eggs I missed. I'm pretty excited to play it again since I enjoyed it so much the first time through.

Sora_N

Anyone know if the G1 skins will be available later as DLC? Or are they gonna be gone forever if I didn't get a preorder in?

Top Bottom