• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers |OT| Transform and roll out...

Oh wow, this topic exists, awesome! To those who own them, how's the Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen MP mold? Pretty tempted to get a Prowl at some point. I watched Baltmatrix' review and it looks great.

Streak's paintjob is fan-fucking-tastic, if you're only snagging one, I'd recommend it for how good it looks on the shelf based on that alone.

Even though of the three, Prowl's my favorite character, I still like the Streak implementation the best.

Hero

mAynfAw.png

So can someone tell me exactly what Rodimus has done in this comic continuity? I hear he's an idiot.

I've given up on that one.

Believe.

Chorazin

Found Generations Scoop today! He was my favorite Targetmaster as a kid, so I was super happy to grab this new version. He's pretty great!

Chorazin

Oh man, I was on the sale thread over at TFW2005 and found some guy with some really good deals, and then saw he was local! Gotta solidify pricing and hopefully I'll meet up this weekend to pick up Shattered Glass Drift mint in box, RotF Bludgeon sealed in box, Generations Wreck-Gar sealed on card and a loose Generations Turbo Tracks! :-D

Ugh my wallet, the guy has the Generations Ultimate Gift Set and the Heiki Sons of Cybertron set too, definitely gonna get the first, maybe the second.

Pictures of Masterpiece Bumblebee are now available.

He comes with Spike in an exo-suit.

It's beautiful.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers...masterpiece-bumblebee-prototype-image-179432/

Fuuuuuuuuuuu I know what I'll be preordering from BBTS!

Jobbs

Banned
I just preordered MP Bumblebee at BBTS, to go along with my Wheeljack preorder. The MP I already have are really solid, but, damn, Wheeljack and Bumblebee molds look absolutely out of this world from the preview pics. Just amazing. Wish they'd make Trailbreaker and Hoist. Or Huffer. Or Mirage...

Speaking of Trailbreaker and Hoist, I liked these two rather a lot as a kid (especially Trailbreaker) and although I don't normally collect non-MP transformers figures, I happened to see these from the Generations line and they looked pretty cool -- And the box art looked *amazing* (why that matters, who knows, but I love it) so I had to get them.

Anything else good in the Generations (or other) line to look out for? I find all the different lines to be a bit confusing, I'm pretty well versed on the MP line but my knowledge of anything else is limited.

Anything else good in the Generations (or other) line to look out for? I find all the different lines to be a bit confusing, I'm pretty well versed on the MP line but my knowledge of anything else is limited.

The Voyager class stuff has been pretty nice (even if releasing Soundwave and Soundblaster as the first wave was sort of lame). A few triple changers are in there too.

Chorazin

I just preordered MP Bumblebee at BBTS, to go along with my Wheeljack preorder. The MP I already have are really solid, but, damn, Wheeljack and Bumblebee molds look absolutely out of this world from the preview pics. Just amazing. Wish they'd make Trailbreaker and Hoist. Or Huffer. Or Mirage...

Speaking of Trailbreaker and Hoist, I liked these two rather a lot as a kid (especially Trailbreaker) and although I don't normally collect non-MP transformers figures, I happened to see these from the Generations line and they looked pretty cool -- And the box art looked *amazing* (why that matters, who knows, but I love it) so I had to get them.

The Generations line is mainly what I'm trying to collect now, I love the new ultra-posable versions of my favorites as kids. Springer is AWESOME, and Scoop is really fun if you have fond memories of Targetmasters. I have Sgt. Kup on the way, the reviews of him have been outstanding.

Thanks for the heads up about Bumblebee at BBTS, got my preorder in too!

Anyone snag the YOTH Prime? What are your thoughts on the gold in person? Some galleries I've seen show how hard it is to capture that colour. In some, it's understated, in others it's obnoxious.

Finding locally is difficult, and I want an MP-10 really bad, so I'm debating ordering one online but the photos are all hit or miss.

aparisi2274

I am definitely getting that MP bumblebee, and possibly Wheeljack.

Last MP I picked up was the TRU exclusive Soundwave, it is so nice.

Chorazin

My BBTS order came in, and I'm in heaven. Opened up and played with the Data Discs and Starsscream & BB, they're a lot of fun. I'm really impressed with Starscream and BB, they have really neat transformations and good old school gimmicks.

I opened up Terminus Hexatron just to bask in his glory, GODDAMN is that a fantastic toy. It feels rock solid, the accessories (dual swords with sheaths!!) and comic are cool, and the manual looks very clear. I didn't transform or pose him yet, I'm gonna save that fun for tomorrow!

Jobbs

Banned
My BBTS order came in, and I'm in heaven. Opened up and played with the Data Discs and Starsscream & BB, they're a lot of fun. I'm really impressed with Starscream and BB, they have really neat transformations and good old school gimmicks.

I opened up Terminus Hexatron just to bask in his glory, GODDAMN is that a fantastic toy. It feels rock solid, the accessories (dual swords with sheaths!!) and comic are cool, and the manual looks very clear. I didn't transform or pose him yet, I'm gonna save that fun for tomorrow!

Very nice. :)

Also got Sgt. Kup for a song today, I think I'm gonna try and get as many characters from Last Stand of the Wreckers as I can!

Goddamn that Kup looks great. I need one.

I'm having fun with the Generations line. It's satisfying because you get rather nice quality and nice posability for just around $15 -- Makes building a collection affordable. Thundercracker, Hoist, Trailbreaker -- All great. I want Starscream, but I want the one that's another paint of Thundercracker. The generations Starscream in stores right now with the red pointy nose coming down in front of him is ugly. Also considering picking up a Skywarp because I like this mold.

I see there's a generations chroma and arcee coming out. I'm very eager to see what these look like. I hope they're modeled after the original TF movie.

Chorazin

Very nice. :)

Goddamn that Kup looks great. I need one.

I'm having fun with the Generations line. It's satisfying because you get rather nice quality and nice posability for just around $15 -- Makes building a collection affordable. Thundercracker, Hoist, Trailbreaker -- All great. I want Starscream, but I want the one that's another paint of Thundercracker. The generations Starscream in stores right now with the red pointy nose coming down in front of him is ugly. Also considering picking up a Skywarp because I like this mold.

I see there's a generations chroma and arcee coming out. I'm very eager to see what these look like. I hope they're modeled after the original TF movie.

Generations is awesome, it's what has brought me back to collecting after many years, the last series I collected was Robots in Disguise. I have two huge tubs upstairs filled with stuff that came out around that time.

Kip really is outstanding. Easy and fun transformation, great articulation, and I love his truck mode. His head sculpt is kinda meh, that's why I'll be ordering this: Kup replacement head set.

Just saw this thread linked from Chorazin's post in Gaming pickups!

Here's a pic (sorry, dim room atm) of my latest, Masterpiece G2 Sideswipe. Highly recommend it as well.

Plus, my desktop shelf ... which is supposed to house only my favourites... since they started pumping out the MPs i'm going to need a new plan - but, you know, i can't deal with that right now!

Chorazin

Very nice collection, man!

I snagged a MOSC Generations Drift for a decent price on TFW2005's B/S/T forum, I'm stoked! Hopefully that'll be here by the end of the week.

I'm still working out a deal with a local guy for that I met there too, once he gets some stuff out of storage I'll be getting my hands on a bunch of sweet stuff!

Faiz

There's a really awful sounding acronym that people use to encompass that entire style of TFs.

Classics
Henkei
Universe
Generations

Yup, people actually refer to them as CHUG.

And for a while they were trying to throw R in for Reveal the Shield >_<

Plus, my desktop shelf ... which is supposed to house only my favourites... since they started pumping out the MPs i'm going to need a new plan - but, you know, i can't deal with that right now!

Mother.

Fuckin.

Quakewave.

You have good taste.

I can't wait for Scoria. Shit looks legit.

Also the only MP car I'm missing is vanilla Sideswipe. That reprint is so close I can taste it ;_;

Maximus.

I randomly stumbled upon Rhinox and Waspinator. Loved Beast Wars. The build quality of the toys arent the best though, some joints are really loose. A friend also got them as well and his suffers from the same issues. Regardless, they are awesome.

Enkidu

I wonder what made VW finally cave in and give Takara the license, they were unwilling to do so in the past.
Apparently it's been easier for them to acquire car licenses since they merged with Tomy because Tomy already had good licensing relations through their Tomica line.

I wonder what made VW finally cave in and give Takara the license, they were unwilling to do so in the past.
I'm sure the ultra successful live-action movies putting GM cars in the spotlight had a little something to do with it. What car company wouldn't want a piece of that pie now?

Chorazin

Apparently it's been easier for them to acquire car licenses since they merged with Tomy because Tomy already had good licensing relations through their Tomica line.

It used to be the violence issue that VW took affront with, they didn't want their toys associated with guns and fighting. Wonder if BB will come with a gun? It's not like he has an iconic weapon like Prime or Soundwave. Hmm...

NEO0MJ

The merger happened a looong time ago, if they could have done it earlier they would have.

I'm sure the ultra successful live-action movies putting GM cars in the spotlight had a little something to do with it. What car company wouldn't want a piece of that pie now?

The success of the movies probably played a big role, but it sure took a long time for it to happen.

Enkidu

The merger happened a looong time ago, if they could have done it earlier they would have.
Well, Hasui straight up said that it was easier to obtain licenses because of the Tomica line. Maybe that wasn't the case with VW, but having a working relation with them already probably didn't hurt.

Top Bottom