• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers |OT| Transform and roll out...

Chorazin

Most definitely, yes! I'd love to see how he scales next to those guys. Thanks!

I didn't get around to it last night, sorry man! I'm getting a TON of Generations guys tomorrow from a local seller, so I'll make sure to get a shot of him surounded by various dudes this weekend. :)

Tizoc

Wonder why the latest Chapter of Dark Cybertron took longer to publish, previously the 2 titles would even be published within a week or 2 of each other...
Will put in my more elaborated impression of the issue later but man was it fantastic.

Chorazin

NIZNiQk.jpg

Now this is what I call a haul! This is from the local seller I met on TFW2005. I didn't make out like a bandit or anything, but I definitely got a fair deal. The loose guys are in perfect shape, and only Tracks was missing his instructions! Can't wait to open these guys and take tons of pics. :D

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
If anyone's looking for some impulse buys, a friend of mine is selling off a ton of his collection, and you can browse through it here. I bought a few things and had them in-hand within a couple days. He takes good care of his stuff, too, so this might be a good opportunity to pick up some third-party stuff second-hand without worry.

VSigma

Banned
So I'm looking to do a complete restart on my TF collection. What toyline would be a good place to start? Also some good sites I should use to search for figures? I remember using BBTS, and TFSource in the past, but I'm wondering if there are any sites I've missed out on.

Chorazin

So I'm looking to do a complete restart on my TF collection. What toyline would be a good place to start? Also some good sites I should use to search for figures? I remember using BBTS, and TFSource in the past, but I'm wondering if there are any sites I've missed out on.

Those ones are pretty good, but you'll definitely be paying retail or above for new figures, and way above retail for older stuff. I've had really good experiences with the Buy/Sell/Trade forum over at TFW2005 so far! Some really fair prices over there,

Most definitely, yes! I'd love to see how he scales next to those guys. Thanks!

Sorry for the wait, Ive been playing Dark Souls all day so I didn't get to take any real serious photos, so here's a quick one lf him with Drift and Cyclonus!

OshDR5r.jpg

Beth Cyra

http://www.superherohype.com/news/295507-the-hub-to-air-new-transformers-animated-series-in-2015

Next Transformers series will be out next year and it will be set after Prime's events with Bumblebee being the lead.

not sure if want
Well they have balls sidelining Prime in their lead show.

It will be interesting to see how it works out for them. I can't say I'm interested though, and it's not even for the lack of Prime. I actually like it when they bring out new shows, and I'm not the biggest fan of Prime (even after Ultra's appearance) so I will easily be sitting this one out.

Mike M

Nick N
Well they have balls sidelining Prime in their lead show.

It will be interesting to see how it works out for them. I can't say I'm interested though, and it's not even for the lack of Prime. I actually like it when they bring out new shows, and I'm not the biggest fan of Prime (even after Ultra's appearance) so I will easily be sitting this one out.

Eh, I'd be surprised if resurrecting Prime weren't the central plot arc of the first or second season.

Beth Cyra

Eh, I'd be surprised if resurrecting Prime weren't the central plot arc of the first or second season.

Maybe.

Honestly I kinda hope they don't. I want to see if a Transfomers can actually survive not relying on Prime. Also, he's already came back more then Jesus, just let the character rest.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Maybe.

Honestly I kinda hope they don't. I want to see if a Transfomers can actually survive not relying on Prime. Also, he's already came back more then Jesus, just let the character rest.

To be fair, Jesus only came back the one time, so he's not that hard to beat in that arena. Jean Grey, on the other hand...still probably can't beat Optimus in the resurrection game.

Cullen and Welker reprising Optimus and Megatron were really the draw for me on TFP, so I don't know how much attention I'll pay on this one. I'm sure I'll give it a cursory watch for the first few episodes to see how it is, but that Bumblebee just strikes me as somewhat creepy. The eyes...

Beth Cyra

To be fair, Jesus only came back the one time, so he's not that hard to beat in that arena. Jean Grey, on the other hand...still probably can't beat Optimus in the resurrection game.

Cullen and Welker reprising Optimus and Megatron were really the draw for me on TFP, so I don't know how much attention I'll pay on this one. I'm sure I'll give it a cursory watch for the first few episodes to see how it is, but that Bumblebee just strikes me as somewhat creepy. The eyes...

At least Jesus and Jean Grey will stay dead for while. Optimus will get brought back with in like 3 episodes of his death.

I will be honest, if they actually finally let Ultra Magnus get the Matrix and be the leader like so many side stories have done and let him run with it, I'd give it a shot. However they will NEVER actually allow this to happen in a main story so I'm pretty much out.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/295507-the-hub-to-air-new-transformers-animated-series-in-2015

Next Transformers series will be out next year and it will be set after Prime's events with Bumblebee being the lead.

not sure if want

I am interested to see how it looks. But the "loads of comedy" part doesn't really bode well for me, heh.

We shall see. I didn't like Prime at first, then I grew to really like it in the middle of S1. I don't even know if I will have the HUB next year, haha.

Chorazin

I am interested to see how it looks. But the "loads of comedy" part doesn't really bode well for me, heh.

We shall see. I didn't like Prime at first, then I grew to really like it in the middle of S1. I don't even know if I will have the HUB next year, haha.

I enjoyed Prime way more than I expected. I really wish Animated was on Netflix too, I hear great things about it.

Eh, it worked out well for Animated. So long as it's not as awful as Beast Wars's slapstick stuff...

But Beast Wars is awesome.....

But I have an open mind. Hopefully this turns out good. I will watch it regardless unless it's total, total crap, which I doubt it will be.

Chorazin

Got FoC Grimlock yesterday, wow I can't beleive he's as hollow as he is in dino mode. I mean, I knew he was hollow from pics, but in person it's terrible.

Can't wait till BBTS ships out my Iron Factory upgrade kit for him, it's going to be amazing with that fixed!

aparisi2274

So I preordered MP-21 Bumblebee the other night and yesterday I got an e-mail from BBTS letting me know they are now taking preorders on a MP-21 Bumblebee that comes with some sort of collectors coin for $79.99.

Anyone ever order an MP and get one of these coins? Is it worth the extra $5?

Thanks

Chorazin

So I preordered MP-21 Bumblebee the other night and yesterday I got an e-mail from BBTS letting me know they are now taking preorders on a MP-21 Bumblebee that comes with some sort of collectors coin for $79.99.

Anyone ever order an MP and get one of these coins? Is it worth the extra $5?

Thanks

I've seen pics of the coin, for the extra $5 I think it'd be worth it. I switched my preorder over to this one, since this listing says they're trying to add the Amazon.jp exclusive Battle Mask to it, and the other one does't mention that at all.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Wheeljack looks incredible and looks like BBTS does actually have a hook up with Takara letting them know what MP's are next because Ultra Magnus is confirmed.

Yeah, I was going to post that for TruePrime's benefit. Not the silhouette he's after, but confirmation that it's happening. Super excited to see prototype shots.

aparisi2274

I've seen pics of the coin, for the extra $5 I think it'd be worth it. I switched my preorder over to this one, since this listing says they're trying to add the Amazon.jp exclusive Battle Mask to it, and the other one does't mention that at all.

Thanks!

I changed my preorder to the one that comes with the coin... for $5 why not...

hey all, first post here!!

HUGE TF fan, have been most of my life, I'm 30, so I grew up with TF in the 80's and 90's and love their rebirth into the mainstream again and that cool toys and comics are back. I'm a huge collector of TF comics...have a complete marvel run and always look to grab any comics I find...I've also been following all present runs of TF comics and enjoying. As for toys, I'm basically only collecting MP's now. I have the seekers (with coronation Starcream), MP-10 Prime, Sideswipe (the one that started the collection), Red Alert, Prowl, Bluestreak, and Soundwave with all the tapes! At some point I'll take a picture to show them off! I'm recently moved to NYC so space and money is tight, so I'm slowly getting a Detolf for the collection in my office and slowly adding MP's as I go forward, want Smokescreen and re-release Grimlock and looking forward to Wheeljack!!

Just wanted to say hi, and I love that this thread exists, gaf is more than meets the eye!!

Beth Cyra

Yeah, I was going to post that for TruePrime's benefit. Not the silhouette he's after, but confirmation that it's happening. Super excited to see prototype shots.
Haha I saw the post and your thought is exactly why I didnt have a post totally melting down.

Still super happy he's confirmed and unless some insanity happens and he's terribly colored under the armor Im so ready to buy him.

I just hope we see Magnus' color scheme fairly soon.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Haha I saw the post and your thought is exactly why I didnt have a post totally melting down.

Still super happy he's confirmed and unless some insanity happens and he's terribly colored under the armor Im so ready to buy him.

I just hope we see Magnus' color scheme fairly soon.

I'm sure that anything other than a white Prime inside blue and red armor would go completely against the philosophy of the Masterpiece line. The MPs have been very good about doing it right or not doing it at all in the last few years.

Beth Cyra

I'm sure that anything other than a white Prime inside blue and red armor would go completely against the philosophy of the Masterpiece line. The MPs have been very good about doing it right or not doing it at all in the last few years.

i'm sure there will be a White Prime. I just want to know if it will have some green, red, and blue highlights like MP2 or other White Prime Magnus' have had in the last few years.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
i'm sure there will be a White Prime. I just want to know if it will have some green, red, and blue highlights like MP2 or other White Prime Magnus' have had in the last few years.

That's harder to say, yeah. The MP line strives for cartoon accuracy above all, but since White Prime Magnus never appeared in the cartoon, who knows? I would guess he'll have the teal faceplate and forehead crest of the G1 toy and the red truck bumper of the cartoon, although it wouldn't surprise me if there was a switchable bumper that let you pick cartoon accurate red or toy accurate chrome.

Beth Cyra

Well the fact that MP-2 exists gives me hope.

Given we never see Prime Mode Magnus they could very well just use the MP-2 color scheme for it and if so then I will be very happy to drop the asking price.

Midas

I'm thinking about getting a masterpiece for my friend's birthday. Can you trust eBay here? Or are there fake ones out there? I have no idea if there's a market for fake figures.

Faiz

I'm thinking about getting a masterpiece for my friend's birthday. Can you trust eBay here? Or are there fake ones out there? I have no idea if there's a market for fake figures.

Oh yeah. Tons of knockoff Transformers, Masterpiece included.

Tizoc

You know what I'd like to see? A Transformers animated series taking place in space starring Hot Rod and a ragtag crew as they go around solving a mystery or conspiracy the Decepticons are cooking up.
It'd have Hot Rod, Whirl, Swerve, Ratchet, Chromedome, Rewind, Perceptor, Brainstorm & one or two extra characters.
Shit would be whack.

Speaking of Whirl, I'm guessing James Roberts is a Jinx fan-
jinx_splash_11.jpg

Because it's TOO much of a coincidence that his human avatar looks like Jinx.

Chorazin

You know what I'd like to see? A Transformers animated series taking place in space starring Hot Rod and a ragtag crew as they go around solving a mystery or conspiracy the Decepticons are cooking up.
It'd have Hot Rod, Whirl, Swerve, Ratchet, Chromedome, Rewind, Perceptor, Brainstorm & one or two extra characters.
Shit would be whack.

Speaking of Whirl, I'm guessing James Roberts is a Jinx fan-
jinx_splash_11.jpg

Because it's TOO much of a coincidence that his human avatar looks like Jinx.

So an animated MTMTE? I'm down with that. Provided my man Cyclonus stays on, he's not a Decepticon after all!

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
So hey, remember how big Hercules, that third party Devastator was? Warbotron, the upcoming third party Bruticus, is not impressed.

XmnJdEO.jpg

It's nice to see Warbotron fully built next to an existing 3rd party combiner.

I have all the parts preordered, and looking at that, I'm happy I did so.

It legit won't fit in a Detolf though. Gotta find a new place for it.

-----

Also, I picked up a Horse Prime. The darker reds and blues are fantastic, and the gold isn't as ostentatious as it looks in pics. Very nice.

Shame that mine came with a factory defect on the bumper. You can't really see it unless you look for it, but it bugs me because I know of it.

Alas, such is the problem with chromed parts.

Chorazin

It's nice to see Warbotron fully built next to an existing 3rd party combiner.

I have all the parts preordered, and looking at that, I'm happy I did so.

It legit won't fit in a Detolf though. Gotta find a new place for it.

-----

Also, I picked up a Horse Prime. The darker reds and blues are fantastic, and the gold isn't as ostentatious as it looks in pics. Very nice.

Shame that mine came with a factory defect on the bumper. You can't really see it unless you look for it, but it bugs me because I know of it.

Alas, such is the problem with chromed parts.

I'm hoping to see one in real life before I buy a Horse OP, but my TRU hasn't stocked him for weeks now. :(

Yeah, finding him was a huge pain in the ass.

One could build a house of the Supreme Starscreams at my TRU, but I got super lucky on a restock yesterday afternoon. Four were just put out.

I too wasn't sold until I saw him in person. The colouring is really hard to convey with any sort of highly lit photography, I think. It just makes the chrome look more gaudy than it actually is.

Top Bottom