• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers |OT| Transform and roll out...

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Optimus Prime Pen available in three refreshing flavors

Ljw3MSa.jpg

Beth Cyra

Already purchased the Ultra Magnus. Nemesis Prime looks pretty damn good as well.

Prime weirdly looks the worst of the lot. I think it's because he has more color separation and it actually shows off the issues with the mold.

The blocky and ugly hands blend in with both Magnus and Nemesis so it almost hides it, but on Prime the blue hands on red forearms just make the blocky hands stand out.

Wonder the chance of still finding a MP Grimlock at this point. I got lucky at got Soundwave at random trip to TRU, but didn't see any Grimlocks or price plate anywhere for him at the local store.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Wonder the chance of still finding a MP Grimlock at this point. I got lucky at got Soundwave at random trip to TRU, but didn't see any Grimlocks or price plate anywhere for him at the local store.

Grimlock's gone. TRU does not seem to expect any more.

Tizoc

I'm interested in the Shattered Glass universe, but how exactly can I go about reading the stories? Are they collected in a book or website?

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
I'm interested in the Shattered Glass universe, but how exactly can I go about reading the stories? Are they collected in a book or website?

They're limited to BotCon and Collector's Club exclusive comics, which is just as well considering they're awful fanwank anyway. Don't bother.

Tizoc

They're limited to BotCon and Collector's Club exclusive comics, which is just as well considering they're awful fanwank anyway. Don't bother.

Aw that sucks I kinda like the concept of it though.
Speaking of which, and excluding the one that appeared in TF Prime, what series has Nemesis Prime appeared in where he's a recolored 'evil' Optimus?

Chorazin

Speaking of which, and excluding the one that appeared in TF Prime, what series has Nemesis Prime appeared in where he's a recolored 'evil' Optimus?

Robots in Disguise, if you count Scourge. That's the only one I know of.

Mike M

Nick N
Robots in Disguise, if you count Scourge. That's the only one I know of.
Pretty sure he put in an appearance in Armada, which was the first time he was called Nemesis Prime.

I may be misremembering. That show did cause me to drink a lot.

Beth Cyra

Robots in Disguise has Nemesis Prime. They call him Scourge, but it's very much Nemesis Prime using the Prime G2 Laser as his recolor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LoFCZ-Qrm4

Transformer Armada also has a Nemesis Prime that is animated for a few minutes in one episode. In fact this is the only time he is actually called Nemesis Prime if I remember right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPGh-rjFO6o

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
So do stores stock it at a different time since its only been a few days since some stores reportedly had them? Some stores didn't get any?

Most stores got them within the span of 5-7 days, and most of them got 6-8 maximum. Even with a 1-per-customer limit, they go in a few hours. There was an order available on their website for about five minutes, but that's gone now, too.

To get an MP from TRU that isn't Acid Storm you basically have to be a combination of fast and lucky.

Ponn

Banned
credit to TFW2005 where I saw this.

Hasbro's SDCC exclusive is.....Transformers hair band

37KRRAZ.jpg

nmO8WNM.jpg

yxEXZUb.jpg

Yeeeeaaaa I do C.C.C.C.COCAINE!

As an 80's kid, and a fan of 80's music and Transformers I know I shouldn't but i'm strangely compelled to try and get this set.

Mike M

Nick N
credit to TFW2005 where I saw this.

Hasbro's SDCC exclusive is.....Transformers hair band

37KRRAZ.jpg

nmO8WNM.jpg

yxEXZUb.jpg

Yeeeeaaaa I do C.C.C.C.COCAINE!

As an 80's kid, and a fan of 80's music and Transformers I know I shouldn't but i'm strangely compelled to try and get this set.

I love Transformers.

I love hair metal.

This... Not so much.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
I dunno, as a 30th anniversary exclusive for something that began in 1984, that's pretty much flawless. I wonder what's on the record? Pour Some Energ-on Me?

Mike M

Nick N
The concept is flabbergastingly amazing in a "I didn't know how much I know I wanted this until right now" way, but the execution is a bit short.

Ponn

Banned
I dunno, as a 30th anniversary exclusive for something that began in 1984, that's pretty much flawless. I wonder what's on the record? Pour Some Energ-on Me?

In honor of the 30th anniversary of the Transformers brand, this Special Edition collector's set transformers your favorite characters -- Optimus Prime, Megatron, Smooth Jazz and Soundwave -- as you've never seen them before: hard-rockin' robots in the universe's greatest band, the Knights of Unicron! Also joining the tour are Laserbeak, who converts into a note-shredding electric guitar, and Ratbat, who converts into the funkiest keytar this side of Cybertron.

The Transformers 30th Anniversary Tour Edition Action Figure Set is packaged in a concert-cool "roadie case," packed with special edition posters, stickers, a concert ticket, All-Access VIP pass, and tell-all history booklet depicting the journey of the Knights of Unicron, from their humble beginnings and formation to their stellar hits and "look" (glam rock deco, metal band hair), band infighting (the titanic egos that once tore them apart), and triumphant return to the stage. With KISS and Iron Maiden-inspired album art (and perhaps a little Spinal Tap thrown in for good measure), the Knights record Look What the Bot Dragged In features such smirk-inducing tune names as Circuit Breaker, Laser Phaser and Rust Without You. (Ages: 8 & up/Approx. Retail Price: $184.99)

Oh boy, if they got Stan Bush and Peter Cullen to sing together on this then it will become a must buy for me.

Chorazin

I desperately want that set, but man, $185 is steep. Luckily the article says they'll be availible from Hasbrotoyshop.com so at least we won't be reamed by eBay resellers and Hasbro.

I desperately want that set, but man, $185 is steep. Luckily the article says they'll be availible from Hasbrotoyshop.com so at least we won't be reamed by eBay resellers and Hasbro.

The HasbroToyShop SDCC sets are always up for very very very short period, and their site gets hammered and then they're gone. It's like a mondo drop or something, you can't be guaranteed of getting one even if you're there.

That said, this is pretty much the best thing of ALL FUCKING TIME and I need it in my life to survive.

Probably going to have to snag something from TFSource or BBTS when they go up just so I can be sure I snag one and not have to deal with the even worse markup you'd get on eBay and the like.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
The guys making that gigantic Bruticus have revealed their next project: Computron. This thing is twice as tall as MP-10 Optimus.

AtuortD.jpg

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
I can cut some slack on the head in exchange for him being frickin' huge.

Here's Scattershot (torso) with MP-10 Prime.

Vw1IcAa.jpg

Mike M

Nick N
Definitely want to see how the rest of them turn out. The Technobots were probably my favorite combiner team. Good variety of vehicles, had that season 3 futuristic vehicle aesthetic I liked over more the realistic or contemporary figures of seasons 1 and 2.

Tizoc

Definitely want to see how the rest of them turn out. The Technobots were probably my favorite combiner team. Good variety of vehicles, had that season 3 futuristic vehicle aesthetic I liked over more the realistic or contemporary figures of seasons 1 and 2.

Twin tist and Top Spin are Techonobots right?

So KO versions of the MP toys, anyone? They can be had for pretty cheap, but are they decent? I don't expect the greatest quality but at the price they are sold for I don't think I would mind.

Beth Cyra

He can't deal with you right now.

fncnUyF.jpg

The hand out, back slightly bent.

That pose will make or break this Masterpiece in my mind. I'm pissed at no White Prime, but if I can do that, his signature pose from the movie then still I will be happy with it I guess.

Mike M

Nick N
He can't deal with you right now.

fncnUyF.jpg
What's the purple and gray version behind him? Some sort of Motormaster homage?

So, first pic of MP Star Saber.

masterpiece-star-saber_1402712859.jpg

I like that the photographer ignored the no picture sign next to it.

Going to be very interested to see how this one turns out. Wasn't the original toy something akin to God Ginrai/Apex Armor Powermaster Prime? Multiple robots with multiple "powered up" forms? I have a huge weakpoint for figures like that.

Yeah, Star Saber is three figures in one. His center turns into a smaller robot, and that robot's head is a headmaster. And then Star Saber can combine with Victory Leo.

That said, Star Saber is boring without Leo. If this was a MP Victory Saber, I'd be all over it. I sold mine since it was a brick, but a MP version could be worth it.

Tizoc

So any interest in Age of Extinction? I mean I didn't want to watch it but reading up on it, it's shaping up to be rather interesting. If it doesn't have any stupid silly shit like in the past 3, I might give it a watch.

Nope. They're Jumpstarters.

Aha thanks for clearing it up.

So, first pic of MP Star Saber.

I like that the photographer ignored the no picture sign next to it.

Star Saber was in the Transformers Victory anime right?

I prefer Evil Religious Zealot Star Saber.

Mike M

Nick N
So any interest in Age of Extinction? I mean I didn't want to watch it but reading up on it, it's shaping up to be rather interesting. If it doesn't have any stupid silly shit like in the past 3, I might give it a watch.
Tons of interest from me. I actually like the first and third movies, even though I'm fully cognizant of the fact that they weren't good films. Revenge of the Fallen was a bridge too far though, holy shit was that awful.

I want to get a Grimlock figure, but none of them look that great to me : /

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2

It's Michael Bay, it's going to be packed with stupid silly shit. Just the casting of Wahlberg guarantees that. I wouldn't even be bothering if there weren't Dinobots, though. 2 and 3 are two of the worst things I have ever paid to see in a theater aside from the eye candy, but Roberto Orci is not writing this one, so I am just barely willing to give it a chance. Keep your expectations in the sub-basement and maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I want to get a Grimlock figure, but none of them look that great to me : /

They all range from awful to sub-par. The Voyager one is almost okay, and not pricey enough to make you hate yourself for spending money on it. Really the big winner among the Dinobot toys is Scorn, who is pretty darn good despite some glaring flaws in the dino hip area.

NEO0MJ

I'm still wary of it.Bay should really shorten the length of his TF movies, they feel so padded.

Star Saber was in the Transformers Victory anime right?

I prefer Evil Religious Zealot Star Saber.

Yeah. And while I didn't watch it it was obvious he had a huge departure from his original anime self.

Beth Cyra

The MP Ultra Magnus looks really bad in that close up.

I don't really understand the love of Star Saber, but to each there own.

Wheeljack and BB look fucking great though. I wouldn't buy either of them, but they look like great figures.

Hopefully Magnus continues to look better and better as we get closer to release.

Really fucking happy that we see Armada Prime on the Fans choice card. I'm dying for that one and then a Full Power Repaint.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Star Saber won the fans' choice poll that card is referencing. It's unknown whether Takara will make any of the other top choices, but Armada Prime placed in the top three as I recall.

Top Bottom