• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers |OT| Transform and roll out...

Fantomex

Any of you guys have Marvel Legends for sale by any chance? The only thing I'm getting this year so far is that 3rd party Masterpiece Jetfire and MP Wheeljack. Guess I need something to keep me occupied :)

Enkidu

I am going to check and see if Forbidden Planet or Midtown Comics has the hardcover version this weekend...

Will also check out MTMTE
If you end up liking MTMTE I would also recommend that you track down the Chaos Theory two-parter (issue 22 and 23 in the old Costa ongoing) before you read the Shadowplay arc. It is excellent and worth reading on its own, but it also serves essentially as a prequel to the Shadowplay arc.

Tizoc

Some short stories that go in depth on some of the characters. It's pretty good stuff.

Ah I see, I've heard of the short stories but didn't know they were in the hardcover. It's kinda funny how they include
Rack n' Ruin's death. Like...did that even need to happen?

Tizoc

Question regarding Brainstrom in MTMTE
Which issue had him work on Nova Prime's corpse/body and making him infected with the Dead Universe?

Tizoc

Well that's strange because apparently
he was infected with the Dead Universe prior to the series beginning

More than meets the ey #28 was frikkin' awesome, so many great lines and the humor is top notch as always. Nightbeat is becoming my fav. character now and I hope to see more of him and him analyzing everything.
What happened to
Chromedome though? Why's he become a shut in. Who is this 'she' that Rung mentions while talking to Megatron?
2 Guesses what would be in that coffin @_@

Oh and I loved this line from Rodimus to Starscream
Starscream: "As I said, my people want a trial."
Rodimus: "They're not your people, they're not your anything. They're ordinary cybertronian citizens who went insane and put you in charge, any day they'll wake up and realize what they've done, and kill themselves. Suicide by face-palm".

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
rXsamkh.jpg

NEO0MJ

I haven't bought a TF toy in years but that Jetfire is mighty tempting. Wish the wings and thighs weren't hollow, though.

Faiz

My LCS owner was really working on me to buy a Mania King today at FCBD, hahah.

They are awfully pretty, but man I just can't justify the price.

Tizoc

So I guess it's safe to say that this month would be the TF series' 30th anniversary? THat's worthy a thread for IMO.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
So I guess it's safe to say that this month would be the TF series' 30th anniversary? THat's worthy a thread for IMO.

The first issue of the Marvel comic series, which is the first Transformers anything to be released, as far as I know, was published in May 1984. So yes, this is the official 30th anniversary month.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys! Remember my two custom Transformers Prime Japanese Openings?

Well, I finally finished the Beast Hunters Opening! It only took a...year. Geez.

Transformers Prime Japanese Opening 3 - DISCOVERY (Pure HD)
Song: DISCOVERY
Artist: BACK-ON
Original opening: N/A
Since Japan didn't get Beast Hunters, I figured fans at least deserved an awesome opening!
...But seriously, Darkest Hour was the series finale in Japan? And it ended before the base exploded? I'm so sorry you guys. You deserve way better.

randomwab

Guys, does anyone know where the best place to get a Masterpiece Rodimus figure these days? I was lazy when he originally came out and skipped the Takara version due to the original issues, and then missed the Hasbro release. Now he seems fairly pricey. Any recommendations?

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Guys, does anyone know where the best place to get a Masterpiece Rodimus figure these days? I was lazy when he originally came out and skipped the Takara version due to the original issues, and then missed the Hasbro release. Now he seems fairly pricey. Any recommendations?

Well, I'd actually recommend skipping him, because he's the worst figure in the MP line, but if you absolutely have to have him, go for the Hasbro release and expect to pay around $150 most places. If you can find him at a collectibles show or something similar you may be able to haggle a bit and get the price down, but that's what he's going for on the secondary market. If you got tremendously lucky you might find one at a flea market or a swap meet, where sellers often don't know how valuable such things are. That might be your best shot at a deal close to original retail price, but you'd have to get very lucky.

Whoa was there just a discussion on the best entry point into the comics?

I remember riding my bike down to the local comic shop when I was a kid to pick up..um... The War Within, was? The first series the revolved around the war before the left Cybertron. I really dug it.

I've been meaning to get back into the comics for a while now. I guess I'll read the previous page :)

Beth Cyra

BB looks really good.

I wouldn't buy him because I never liked the character, but he looks amazing and almost exactly how I'd imagine a toy of him being when I was a kid.

Mike M

Nick N
That's pretty great.

It is *so weird* to see where Bumblebee has gone since G1... He's probably second to Prime in Autobot iconicness, but the movies have altered an entire generation's conception of him...

On an unrelated note...

411D9D2C50569047F57F82D20093248C.jpg

...my brain cannot accept that this is a Voyager class figure.

Bumblebee is interesting...I never liked the character ever growing up all through G1...BUT I will be picking him up to continue my MP line. I do like how they replicated him, and I am a sucker for Spike (I hope it's Spike anyways) in an exo-suit! Also, Wheeljack will be out around the end of the summer, which gets me excited too!! I need to hurry up and grab my Smokescreen asap...will be treating myself with first paycheck of new job probably this coming week. After that I wait for Bee and Wheeljack, and then Ultra Magnus which I am HYPED about! I don't know if I'll ever be able to secure a Grimlock but I do really want one.

Chorazin

Bumblebee is interesting...I never liked the character ever growing up all through G1...BUT I will be picking him up to continue my MP line. I do like how they replicated him, and I am a sucker for Spike (I hope it's Spike anyways) in an exo-suit! Also, Wheeljack will be out around the end of the summer, which gets me excited too!! I need to hurry up and grab my Smokescreen asap...will be treating myself with first paycheck of new job probably this coming week. After that I wait for Bee and Wheeljack, and then Ultra Magnus which I am HYPED about! I don't know if I'll ever be able to secure a Grimlock but I do really want one.

Speaking of, they're re-releasing him: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11886&mode=retail

Tizoc

I love this comic, Primus, I LOVE THIS COMIC!
6Lami8v.jpg

Those last pages though
Rodimus greyed out like Prime from the animated movie!
PRIME MAKING THE 'ARE YOU SHITTING ME?!' FACE WHEN MEGATRON WANTS TO PLEAD INNOCENT!
DRUNK TRAILCUTTER!
WHAT'S THE 3RD MYSTERY NIGHTBEAT?!?! WHAT IS IT?!?!!?!?

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
The reissue of Masterpiece Grimlock is starting to pop up in Toys R Us stores, currently in Texas, Arkansas and Oklahoma areas. Believe it or not, it's only $60, which is an insanely good price. Scalpers are very active on this one, so if you want one, better move fast and/or make some friends at your local TRU stockroom.

Chorazin

The reissue of Masterpiece Grimlock is starting to pop up in Toys R Us stores, currently in Texas, Arkansas and Oklahoma areas. Believe it or not, it's only $60, which is an insanely good price. Scalpers are very active on this one, so if you want one, better move fast and/or make some friends at your local TRU stockroom.

I'm gonna have to start stalking my local TRU again.

Beth Cyra

More detailed Magnus shots.

zYrxYh7.jpg

sARFET8.jpg

TmdQZ3X.jpg

The assflap is really unfortunate.
This shit is disgusting.

Take away the fact I like Prime Magnus and this still shows why he should have a Prime inside instead of the cab.

That upper body is nearly as awful as Stack. G1 Magnus was surprisingly then when animated and, he didnt have any stupidly huge back overhang and ass cape.

Ugh this pushes me to cancel my preorder, even my love of Magnus isnt with that much money with him putting on about 20 pant sizes.

Tizoc

That was a huge part of the Dark Cybertron thing. They found Metroplex's thumb which led them to his body.

Except this Thumb Quest I'm talking about happened BEFORE the one you mention ;) Read the issue where they go on shore leave and get
Ultra Magnus
drunk and he'll mention it.

Authority

Banned
Reposting here in case someone is interested. And subscribed ofcourse!

Anyhow, it would mean the world to me if someone can make an OT for Transformers Videos Games or a thread about the History of Transformers Video Games. I suggest 2 titles,

Tranformers IOTI Fuck Gundam. Lets roll.
History of Transformers Video Games: Fuck Gundam. Lets roll.

Here is my work so far,

G1 Generation
27199829d1292260296-samiwcps-transformers-g1-box-art-mega-posters-gen1_extended.jpg

Transformers: Convoy no Nazo

The player controls Ultra Magnus on his mission to find the whereabouts of the missing Optimus Prime. Along his quest, Ultra Magnus faces various Decepticon threats including Seeker-type infantry, floating Decepticon insignias, the Nemesis, the combiners Menasor and Bruticus, Megatron and a final battle against Trypticon.
Platform: Family Computer, Virtual Console
Release date: 1986

The Transformers

The Transformers is a platform / shoot 'em up game based on the Transformers franchise.
Platform: Sinclair Spectrum and Commodore 64.

Transformers: Battle to Save the Earth

The speech tells the history of the Transformers, with most of the dialog taken from the narration at the beginning of the first episode of the TV series.
Platform: Commodore 64

Transformers: The Headmasters

Transformers: The Headmasters is a video game for the Famicom Disk System, based on the toy line and TV series of the same name. Rodimus Prime, Chromedome, Highbrow, Brainstorm, Hardhead, and Fortress Maximus are all playable characters at various points in the game.
Platform : Famicom Disk System
Release date: 1987

The Transformers

The Transformers is a Japanese video game for the Sony PlayStation 2 based on the Generation 1 Transformers series. After choosing a side, you can take a squad of three Transformers on action missions, gathering numerous new troops along the way.
Platform: PS2
Release date: 2003

Transformers G1: Awakening

Transformers G1: Awakening is a turn-based strategy RPG game for mobile devices, based on the Generation 1 Transformers series.
Platforms: Mobile, iOS
Release date: 2008

Transformers Legends

Transformers Legends (parsed as "TRANSFORMERS Legends" on the Play Store) is a multiplayer card-based battle game published by Mobage for mobile devices. The game features much of the early Generation 1 cast, with the campaign including elements from many storylines.
Platform: Android, iOS
Release date: 2012

Beast Wars Generation
transformers-comic-beast-wars-the-gathering-issue-1-cover-d_1266243769.jpg

Beast Wars: Transformers

Beast Wars: Transformers is a third-person shooting game released for the Sony PlayStation platform in 1997. It was later ported to the PC platform in 1998.
Players picked their side and sent their Transformers on missions against both the opposing side and the extra-dimensional Skriix aliens.
Platform: PS1, PC
Release date: 1997

Ketō Transformers Beast Wars: Beast Senshi Saikyō Ketteisen

Duel Fight Transformers Beast Wars: Beast Warriors' Strongest Decisive Battle is a fighting game for the Game Boy Color system. It has a ridiculously long title and some adorably short combatants from Beast Wars, Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo.
Platform: GBC
Release date: 1999

Transformers: Beast Wars Transmetals

Transformers: Beast Wars Transmetals is a 1999 versus styled fighting game based on the Beast Wars cartoon series and toy-line.
Platform: PS1, N64
Release date: 1999

Unicorn Trilogy
maxresdefault.jpg

Transformers: Armada

It is based on the Armada series, though it does not follow any pre-established storyline.
Platform: PS2
Release date: 2004

Movie universe games
HFyqb.jpg

Transformers The Game

Transformers The Game follows several of the movie's robotic characters through an approximation of the movie's plot. The game has two campaigns, one for each faction.
Platform: PS2, PSP, PS3, 360, DS, Wii, Mobile, PC
Release Date: 2007

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

It follows a number of Autobots and Decepticons through a loose approximation of the movie's plot. The game has two campaigns, one for each faction. It is the first Transformers game on a console to feature online play.
Platform: 360, PSP, PS2, PS3, DS, Wii PC
Release Date: 2009

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

The game is a prequel to the film Dark of the Moon. Unlike Transformers The Game and Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon features a single campaign mode, rather than separate Autobot and Decepticon campaigns.
Platform: Xbox 360, PS3, DS, 3DS, Wii
Release Date: 2011

Transformers Animated: The Game
Transformers_animated.jpg

Transformers Animated: The Game

Transformers Animated: The Game is a puzzle-based platform game published by Activision for the Nintendo DS handheld console
Platform: DS
Release date: 2008

Prime games
8fkNv.jpg

Transformers: Prime - The Game

The game takes place alongside the events of the second season of the Transformers: Prime cartoon (sorta, see below), and involves the Autobots and Decepticons battling over a mysterious meteor made of Dark Energon and its legendary contents.
Platforms: DS, 3DS, Wii, Wii U
Release Date: 2012

War for Cybertron games
TJEPo.jpg

Transformers: War for Cybertron

The game is an over-the-shoulder third-person shooter in which the player can choose his or her character from a small roster of either Autobots or Decepticons.
Platform: DS, 360, PS3, PC
Release Date: 2010

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is a direct sequel to the 2010 game War for Cybertron; the game is a continuation of the events of War for Cybertron, It explores the Autobots' attempts to escape from a rapidly deteriorating Cybertron aboard the Ark, as well as the gradual downfall and collapse of the remnants of Cybertronian society. A side story also focuses on the creation of the Dinobots.
Platform: PS3, Xbox 360 PC
Release date: 2012

Credits to Wikipedia and Tranformers Wiki

Beth Cyra

Nice game ot.

However the Japanese PS2 game should be lusted as Tataki or some such and you currently have screens from Transformers Armada instead of screens from the actual game.

Thought Id some some of my favorite Transformers memorabilia. Here are a few of my original G1 Transformers character art sheets. They belonged to Ron Friedman,the writer and producer of the original Tansformers movie as well as a writer for GI Joe cartoons and a whole bunch of other TV series. Sorry for the crappy quality,a nice camera is on my to get list. Enjoy!

Tizoc

Reading up on Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark, it seems the Dinobots are playable (minus Sludge, why's the poor fellow always ignored?). There's also Strafe who in the upcoming movie is a Dinobot.

Firemind

260 dollars? Was that the original MSRP too?

I recently acquired MP Soundwave and MP Smokescreen (Takara) while I was in Hong Kong. I payed about $115 and $45 respectively going by the current exchange rate and even for those prices I had the feeling I was a bit ripped off. Could only find one MP Prowl, several MP Soundblasters and a million MP Bluestreaks. Is MP Sideswipe discontinued? That's the only one left I want in my collection. Not interested in MP Tigertrack if it's just a repaint and not MP Sunstreaker. :lol

Faiz

Anyone found Cosmos and Swerve? I know they've been showing up but I'm told distribution centers of a couple targets around here aren't sending anymore Legends assortments :/

Sora_N

I used to have two of the TRU Grimlocks and also the Takara one, I really just wanted the crown from the TRU one. I ended up sellingi both TRU Grimlocks since I made a lot on them by the time stock ran out, still own the Takara one.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Anyone found Cosmos and Swerve? I know they've been showing up but I'm told distribution centers of a couple targets around here aren't sending anymore Legends assortments :/

Found them at Target two days ago. They're still trickling in here and there.

Top Bottom