• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers |OT| Transform and roll out...

Ovek

7Member7
I really want the third party Megatron and Galvatron(Mania King?).

I always forget their third party names tho. How is the Megatron one?

Hegemon? It's the best Megatron figure you can currently buy.

Galvatron is also cool if you do buy one get the repaint with the laser in his gun well if you can... Just don't be shining that laser in to your eye, I have no idea what power laser they put in that thing but let's just say it's from China and rather powerful. ;)

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
I really want the third party Megatron and Galvatron(Mania King?).

I always forget their third party names tho. How is the Megatron one?

Assuming you mean Hegemon, he's pretty good, although a tad too large for CHUG and a tad too small for MP. His grey is also really dull and "plasticky," although some people have repainted him a more vibrant silver and he really looks nice that way.

Proto_Man

Neo Member
What's the BEst Overlord figure/model?

hEH Will do, I got said fan novel from TFW2005 anyways XD.

Currently you have 3 options.

The expensive as hell G1 release that had a limited release in the UK or limited release in Japan. Both will run ya 500-700 bucks complete

The 2012 Botcon toy which you can snag for under 70 bucks but is not exactly pretty body wise

The PVC figure. It has limited articulated, about 4 inches tall and can be gotten for 4-5 bucks. It got both a USA and Japan release. (Called Gigatron in the USA's Heroes of Cybertron line)

Also I recently reviewed the new Transformers tablet game that came out in Japan

It's......... well just as tough as the original Mystery of Convoy for the Famicom

http://youtu.be/3NMjdh48qXM?list=UUaUrPZFjl0cwKDuiG9fiMdg

Ringo

Currently you have 3 options.

The expensive as hell G1 release that had a limited release in the UK or limited release in Japan. Both will run ya 500-700 bucks complete

Mine is on the way...almost complete with a decent box. Only thing missing is a 3rd missile and the instructions booklet. Price I paid for is 75 Euros.

Can't wait for it to arrive :)

Mike M

Nick N
Wait, we may be getting a Generations version of Overlord? Oh my shit, I'd be all up in that if it's faithful to the original. I'm a sucker for the figures with well thought out multiple "modes" and shit.

Proto_Man

Neo Member
Wait, we may be getting a Generations version of Overlord? Oh my shit, I'd be all up in that if it's faithful to the original. I'm a sucker for the figures with well thought out multiple "modes" and shit.

There was no mention or preview of Botcon 2014's Hasbro preview panel. Not to mention the name Overlord can't be used so they will have to call it Gigatron or whatever if that does happen (Which is currently licensed under Hasbro)

That is always the best way to tell if they have plans to make a figure within the next year or so, check to see what names they have licensed, trademarked and registered.

Proto_Man

Neo Member
Is MP Megatron really as bad as people make it out to be? Should I stop wanting it?

It was actually engineered in a very limited time and suffered for it, the designer stated it was one of his best and worst jobs ever wrapped in one.

I would wait, another 3rd party company to do something like Hedgemon again.

Wait it out. Hasbro/Takara won't give ya your perfect "Gun Megatron"

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
There was no mention or preview of Botcon 2014's Hasbro preview panel. Not to mention the name Overlord can't be used so they will have to call it Gigatron or whatever if that does happen (Which is currently licensed under Hasbro)

That is always the best way to tell if they have plans to make a figure within the next year or so, check to see what names they have licensed, trademarked and registered.

If it's planned for late in the year (as Leaders often are), not mentioning it at BotCon isn't any kind of an indication. And they can use pretty much any name by slapping a faction in front of it. Decepticon Overlord is entirely possible for 2015.

Is MP Megatron really as bad as people make it out to be? Should I stop wanting it?

I'd just wait for the inevitable new MP Megatron that Takara is bound to make eventually.

Proto_Man

Neo Member
And they can use pretty much any name by slapping a faction in front of it. Decepticon Overlord is entirely possible for 2015.

It's more the "Lord" part that Hasbro will avoid. They did Sky Shadow instead of Black Shadow for the J-G1 Victory character, they did called Car Robots Black Convoy, Scourge in Robots in Disguise and in the same series God Magnus into Ultra Magnus, God Fire Convoy as Omega Prime. In 2011 they had a Power Core Combiner called Spastic which a lot of groups in the UK felt was vulgar and thus Hasbro had to send stickers to all retailers worldwide (Not just the UK) to put all over the Spastic toys into Over-Run.

They try to avoid this kind of drama =P

Savitar

So I wanted something to read and I decided to read Regeneration One.

You know what.....that was as pointless as Fable 3 and had as much satisfaction upon completing.

I couldn't help but think, what was the damn point.

Right on I guess I'll wait and get the third party Megatron.

I'm pretty surprised that not a single vendor at Chicago Comic Con has any 3rd party Transformers.

At least in Oct Chicago gets a TF con

So many cool dinobot 3rd party figs coming out left and right. But are they all being scaled to go with the MP Grimlock? I know one of them comes with feet extensions to make Grimlock taller as the fig is a bit larger than it should be. Kinda would like size consistency if I tried to collect a whole Dinobot team

GuyKazama

I'm pretty sure that Fan Toys is planning their own Grimlock in scale with the others. The 'platform shoes' are more of a temporary fix until their model comes out.

I like their chosen scale, goes better with MP-10 and the newer masterpieces. MP Grimlock is small.

Proto_Man

Neo Member
So I wanted something to read and I decided to read Regeneration One.

You know what.....that was as pointless as Fable 3 and had as much satisfaction upon completing.

I couldn't help but think, what was the damn point.

Regeneration was more just Simon Furman wanted to finish G1 as he intended. The problem for him was he never got to flesh out his stories in the face of "We have to introduce new toy to sell new toy because this is a toy book".

So originally he was put into the G2 Marvel book situation after Marvel G1 #80 and had to roll with that.

This is him weaving his story, without any back door Hasbro intent. It's a fun book and really puts a nice cap on the whole continuity and yet....... still leaves us something in the end.

Tizoc

Man James Roberts is a freakin' genius.
I am re-reading Transformers MTMTE #28, which is after Dark Cybertron.
In the page where we see Nightbeat and Skids go to Chromdome's Hab Suite, in the VERY FIRST PANEL, there is an arrow that read 'Fuel Furnace'.
Go to the very last panel? Some of the letters disappeared

Hasbro have said everything short of an official announcement that there's a new Overlord leader toy coming in 2015, so you might want to wait.

Then I will, I'd prefer a figure that closely resembles the comics one, but either way hope it'll look good :)

Mindwipe

So many cool dinobot 3rd party figs coming out left and right. But are they all being scaled to go with the MP Grimlock? I know one of them comes with feet extensions to make Grimlock taller as the fig is a bit larger than it should be. Kinda would like size consistency if I tried to collect a whole Dinobot team

The Fansproject Dinobots are classics scaled, roughly Voyagers.

Firemind

A jet and an aircraft carrier. It makes no sense at all.
It makes all the sense. Triple Changers are awesome like that (Sixshit is a poser though). Have there been any third party Blitzwings? To whoever willing to greenlight this project, I will buy two, nay, three.

Tizoc

A jet and an aircraft carrier. It makes no sense at all.

Wow...

Dunno about you guys but I like the green in this
TRU_Masterpiece_Acid_Storm.jpg

...for that matter, there were a lot of seeker colorations lol.

Ringo

Amazing price. I am jealous =P

I picked him up this weekend, only the instruction manual and one missile missing. Also quite impressed with the powermasters, the gold and silver is still in excellent condition. There's another one I'm bidding on at the moment, I wonder if I can get it at a decent price.

Transformers weren't that big in Belgium in the 80s as in say the Netherlands and in the French speaking part I don't remember it to be distributed on TV.

Also, if you could only get one Transformer it would be either Optimus Prime or Overlord.

Tizoc

Just want to chime in and say that the liberty of the writing in the TF Wiki is freakin' annoying. I just want to read some straight forward info about characters, I don't give a shit about your humorous wit and would rather not expose myself to it.

Just want to chime in and say that the liberty of the writing in the TF Wiki is freakin' annoying. I just want to read some straight forward info about characters, I don't give a shit about your humorous wit and would rather not expose myself to it.
That's the best part about the TFWiki! I laughed so hard when I found the page about the Holy Frijoles.

It's odd finding masterpiece figs at TRU still. They had 8 Sunstorms and 6 Prowls still at my local store.

And oh man discovered the Kre-O micro changer mystery packs.... I'm addicted, such cool little figs

yami4ct

Overall, the Hub death is good news for TF cartoons. As poorly as Nick and Cartoon Network treats their shows, Rescue Bots and whatever older TF cartoon hasbro will make will have far more chance with their install base. Trying to sell a big name kids show on a premium kids channel was doomed to fail.

muteki

I ran into MP Prowl and Sunstorm(?) at TRU by chance. Prowl was 70 dollars which surprised me. I guess the days of getting a Hasbro MP in the US for half or less the original price is over. I was looking forward to Wheeljack too, and I might as well preorder the Japan release now.

Top Bottom