• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers |OT| Transform and roll out...

GuyKazama

Not sure how 'exclusive' it is to the Takara/Tomy store, but the Sega Genesis Megatron is shipping in February

Gwk6jMe.jpg

yami4ct

Looks like MP Ultra Magnus is getting pushed up two weeks! This means he should be hitting shelves next week, according to HLJ and Robot Kingdom anyway. I should have mine the monday or tuesday after next so I'll make sure to share some photos when he arrives.

That's assuming the Japanese shops are right. TFSource is saying 1 week later on the 20th, but right now two Japanese shops posting the same date makes me more likely to believe them.

WTF TFSource has Bumblebee in stock for like a week but they still haven't shipped mine :/

Also, what exactly does "Revision" mean in, for example, Voyager Wave 1 Revision 2?

Tizoc

So this latest issue of Transformers MTMTE had yet another awesome conversation between Megatron and Prime/Pax...and it is just as casual as the first time Roberts wrote a conversation between the two during the Chaos storyline build up issues, which is why it is awesome.

So see individual combiner war bots being sold for over $30 each? Is this normal or just some places selling them early marked up? For their size it seems high priced

So see individual combiner war bots being sold for over $30 each? Is this normal or just some places selling them early marked up? For their size it seems high priced
Pretty sure that's scalper prices. I don't know the sites you're checking, but on Amazon, some dude bought them all and is now offering them on their storefront for over $30 like you said. >_>

Can't stand scalpers.

Pretty sure that's scalper prices. I don't know the sites you're checking, but on Amazon, some dude bought them all and is now offering them on their storefront for over $30 like you said. >_>

Can't stand scalpers.

Yea Amazon vendors selling them over $30, and also on ebay folks asking for 40+ in some cases. Case wave lots for essentially $25 per figure breakdowns. Seeing as most retailers don't seem to have these in stock yet I suppose these are just early scalpers going at it

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
The Combiner Wars Deluxes have only just been spotted in retail stores yesterday. They have a normal MSRP of ~$15. Anything over that is scalper prices.

Ponn

Banned
Yea Amazon vendors selling them over $30, and also on ebay folks asking for 40+ in some cases. Case wave lots for essentially $25 per figure breakdowns. Seeing as most retailers don't seem to have these in stock yet I suppose these are just early scalpers going at it

This crap is what ran me out of collecting Transformers starting back during the Animated line. When i had to start resorting to places like BBTS to get all the Generations I finally threw up my hands and just said forget it. Have no idea why these companies keep playing into scalpers hands since it doesn't help them.

aparisi2274

That video got me jonsing for Magnus, but right now, right after Christmas, I really can not afford it. :(

On an unrelated note, does anyone know where I might find MP Starscream? I picked up MP-03 back in the day and would really love to get a version of him that matches the cartoon, but every site I look at it is still selling him for close to $200.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
That video got me jonsing for Magnus, but right now, right after Christmas, I really can not afford it. :(

On an unrelated note, does anyone know where I might find MP Starscream? I picked up MP-03 back in the day and would really love to get a version of him that matches the cartoon, but every site I look at it is still selling him for close to $200.

If you mean MP-11 with the cape, he costs $200. That's been the price for that version of the mold since preorders went live years ago. I've never seen a lower price for a sealed one.

aparisi2274

If you mean MP-11 with the cape, he costs $200. That's been the price for that version of the mold since preorders went live years ago. I've never seen a lower price for a sealed one.

I really wasnt looking for all the bells and whistles (ie. cape, crown, ect), I just wanted to replace the MP-03 version I have with the one that matches his G1 version.

I'll have to keep looking.

aparisi2274

This question goes out to people who order the MP figures...

Do any of you purchase those 3rd party sticker sets? I was looking on tfsource, and I see some for Soundwave, and was curious if people actually get these, or if they just take away from the overall look of the MP figure...

I really wasnt looking for all the bells and whistles (ie. cape, crown, ect), I just wanted to replace the MP-03 version I have with the one that matches his G1 version.

I'll have to keep looking.

Couldn't you just buy one of the other versions of the MP-11 mold that are somewhat cheaper and then paint it/get someone to paint it, like Starscream? :p

aparisi2274

Couldn't you just buy one of the other versions of the MP-11 mold that are somewhat cheaper and then paint it/get someone to paint it, like Starscream? :p

MP-11 looks like the G1 starscream, which is what I want, but I wasn't looking for the coronation set. I currently own the MP-03 Starscream which is a darker green, made to look more realistic and less anime.

Do any of you purchase those 3rd party sticker sets? I was looking on tfsource, and I see some for Soundwave, and was curious if people actually get these, or if they just take away from the overall look of the MP figure...

Havent seen need for them for the MP's personally, to me I get them for 3rd party figures

I personally think stickers look really cheap and have no place on high-end figures like the MPs. They won't stand the test of time, they'll leave residue if you ever decide to take them off, and they usually look very tacky.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
MP-11 looks like the G1 starscream, which is what I want, but I wasn't looking for the coronation set. I currently own the MP-03 Starscream which is a darker green, made to look more realistic and less anime.

That's the only G1 colored version of Starscream that uses the updated mold. The other option is the Wal-Mart exclusive US release of the MP-03 mold that's going to run you about the same amount as the much superior MP-11 version.

As for the Reprolabels stickers, I think they tend to go a bit overboard, but I pick and choose which ones I apply. Mainly I use them for third party figures, but recently even those have been a little excessive (FP Stunticons and MMC Predacons come to mind). These days I think most people would be better served just ordering a few sheets of faction symbols and calling it a day.

yami4ct

Has anyone received their MP Magnus yet? How does it look?

Mine came today. Someone asked about him in the Figure OT, so I threw up a bunch of images there. Forgive the crap lighting, but I think it gets the point across. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=145404001&postcount=7636

Long story short, I think he's really super awesome. He's big and heavy with a real quality feel to it. Great transformation, too. Look is spot on Magnus. I don't have much attachment to the character, but purely as a toy he's amazing.

Beth Cyra

Mine came today. Someone asked about him in the Figure OT, so I threw up a bunch of images there. Forgive the crap lighting, but I think it gets the point across. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=145404001&postcount=7636

Long story short, I think he's really super awesome. He's big and heavy with a real quality feel to it. Great transformation, too. Look is spot on Magnus. I don't have much attachment to the character, but purely as a toy he's amazing.
Looks like a great G1 show Magnus.

Still would prefer armor over Prime but the results are amazing.

yami4ct

That Magnus looks nice... Is it a pain to transform?

I have been looking into maybe picking up MP-12 Lambor...

Not at all. The transformation is brilliantly elegant. It might take doing it with the instructions once to completely memorize it. The panels all make sense when you get your hands on him.

Also, I'd totally recommend Lambor. Pre-Wheeljack and Magnus, he was easily my favorite Transformer. He's just got so much personality and the toy is just fun to play with.

Paid off Magnus, can't wait looks so rad.

Also amazon has all the Combiner Wars figs now it seems. I'm gonna skip the stunticons since I already got a 3rd party version, but digging the Superion and see already 3rd party add ons are on the way, can't wait to see what they do with these.

Got Magnus, real solid and nice MP. One negative I have, is after transforming, it leaves various scratches in certain spots, you end up with little while marks around places that pegs slide across to latch onto.

aparisi2274

So I just picked up MP-12 Lambor from BBTS, and while shopping I noticed they had a new preorder up for MP Prime:

TAK12029.jpg

This version of Optimus Prime includes both his trailer with repair bay and Roller. In addition, this set features a Spike figure, Optimus' orange Energy Ax, the Autobot Matrix of Leadership and his blaster rifle that can fold in half and store in his back. This version of Prime is sized to go with the Rodimus and Grimlock Masterpiece figures, so be sure to get this figure to fit in with the rest of the newer Masterpiece figures.

I think I might take the plunge on this, as I only have the OG MP Prime (MP-1) and I would love to get a newer version that comes with the trailer and is more inline with my Grimlock Figure.

If anyone else is interested, here is the link:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK12029&mode=retail

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Anyone interested and with the money for the MP-10 reissue should go for it, no question. MP-10 is probably the best Transformer ever made.

Completely agree with the above couple of posts, I dropped a pre-order on the MP Optimus re-issue from kapowtoys just yesterday. Been trying to get hold of an MP Prime for quite some time after prematurely selling an MP-4 I had some years ago, so the timing of this reissue could not be better for me.

Christmas went quite well this year too, my SO surprised me with MP Bumblebee which was great, it's a seriously cool little figure and now sits on my Mac desk, opposite MP Starscream! I've got MP Star Saber on pre-order too, but that's it for now. Buying these figures can be a dangerously expensive habit :-(

I wish IDW would get back to releasing the Marvel UK Classics volumes, I was enjoying reading them all and now they get to the Time Wars run there's just no sign of it coming soon. Get it together IDW!!

yami4ct

I want MP-10 but I already have MP-01 and feel like it's kind of redundant to have both. :/

I thought the same way, but I'm glad I eventually got my hands on an MP-10. It's just a much better figure. Scales with the MP Autobot crew to make one of the most badass displays ever. It also is much easier to just play around with and is more dynamic. MP-1 has a boxier more heroic, heavy look to him. He has a look that captures the leader look of OP better from some scenes, but on the whole MP-10 is just way more like the animation model come to life.

Hero

I thought the same way, but I'm glad I eventually got my hands on an MP-10. It's just a much better figure. Scales with the MP Autobot crew to make one of the most badass displays ever. It also is much easier to just play around with and is more dynamic. MP-1 has a boxier more heroic, heavy look to him. He has a look that captures the leader look of OP better from some scenes, but on the whole MP-10 is just way more like the animation model come to life.

Yeah, I can see all the points you make but the only other Masterpieces I have are Grimlock, Soundwave and Skywarp. I will get Sideswipe if they ever release him here. We'll see, I have a little ways to think about it.

every time a reissue of MP-10 happens i have no money to preorder

Yeah, same here.

Also, should I even ask about your avatar? <_<

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
As Combiner Wars fever sweeps the Targets and WalMarts of the nation, be advised that Canadian Toys R Us computers show a listing for "Transformers Generations Devastator" at a $179.99 CDN price point (about $150 US). Looks like we're getting a Titan Class combiner, folks.

I want MP-10 but I already have MP-01 and feel like it's kind of redundant to have both. :/

It's really, really not. MP-10 is a totally different mold with a bunch of different tricks to it. I have MP-01, MP-04, and two MP-10s, so I'm probably of a very different collector's stripe than you, but seriously, as someone who thought MP-01 was the greatest thing ever, MP-10 blows it out of the water. If you are uncomfortable owning two large Optimuses, I fully suggest selling off MP-01 and getting MP-10. It's really that much better.

Got my combiner wars off amazon pretty easy, some cool stuff. Going for Superion only probably. The bot modes look nice, the vehicle modes are iffy, typical airplane tops with too much robot visible underneath. But this looks to be one of the better official combiner releases to come out. Alpha Bravo is my favorite of the aerial bots so far.

Top Bottom