• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers |OT| Transform and roll out...

Ovek

7Member7
They're different colors because that's how the G1 toys were.

OOfH84R.jpg

IChmNCF.jpg

It's not his cab, it's the back end of this:

attachment.php

It is a pretty silly looking foot, though.

Oh yeah forgot about that! Ha at least they are keeping it as G1 as possible i'll give them props for that.

bryanee

A quick question about the combiner wars line. I want to get the Arialbots but I can only find four of them, Skydive, Firefly, Silverbolt and the chopper I forget the name of. Is the other available?

Ovek

7Member7
A quick question about the combiner wars line. I want to get the Arialbots but I can only find four of them, Skydive, Firefly, Silverbolt and the chopper I forget the name of. Is the other available?

You want Slingshot and no it's not out yet, it has appeared on the Toys R Us database but that could still mean it's (many) months away.

If you want to get the complete Superion you could pre-order the Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW01 Superion pack, that's due around May(ish).

You want Slingshot and no it's not out yet, it has appeared on the Toys R Us database but that could still mean it's (many) months away.

If you want to get the complete Superion you could pre-order the Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW01 Superion pack, that's due around May(ish).

In hand images of the wave 2 stuff is out there already, so it shouldn't be long for the next stuff to come out.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2

No, he wants Air Raid, which is in Wave 2 due in a few weeks, completing the set of five Aerialbots. Slingshot is coming much later for completists, but the core Superion set is Silverbolt, Alpha Bravo, Firefly, Skydive (all out now), and Air Raid (due in a few weeks). Air Raid's wave also includes the remaining three Stunticon limbs and Motormaster shouldn't be far behind.

I don't think I have seen any of Wave 1 here on the east coast. Not unusual, just annoying.

There is a longshoreman's work slowdown/probable strike that has resulted in tons of retail cargo, including much of Hasbro's shipments from China, being stuck in the Port of Los Angeles. A lot of those shipments contain CW figures, and likely Arcee/Chromia, too.

Ovek

7Member7
No, he wants Air Raid, which is in Wave 2 due in a few weeks, completing the set of five Aerialbots. Slingshot is coming much later for completists, but the core Superion set is Silverbolt, Alpha Bravo, Firefly, Skydive (all out now), and Air Raid (due in a few weeks). Air Raid's wave also includes the remaining three Stunticon limbs and Motormaster shouldn't be far behind.

There is a longshoreman's work slowdown/probable strike that has resulted in tons of retail cargo, including much of Hasbro's shipments from China, being stuck in the Port of Los Angeles. A lot of those shipments contain CW figures, and likely Arcee/Chromia, too.

Not complete without Slingshot :p

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Not complete without Slingshot :p

Hence "completists." But the core team as depicted in the IDW comics' Combiner Wars story is with Alpha Bravo, not Slingshot. And of course the Stunticons have Offroad instead of Wildrider, the latter of which is also coming later alongside Slingshot.

I have a Takara Superion preordered, so I'm not saying Slingshot won't be replacing Alpha Bravo on my shelf, but the guy just wants a completed combiner. There's no reason to wait 8 months when he's already got Alpha Bravo in hand.

yami4ct

Titan Class Devy looks surprisingly good. Quite posable and the proportions mostly work. Was a bit annoyed by the solid color treads, but apparently that's G1 toy accurate, so I can't really complain. One thing I noticed about the head is that it really, really looks like a repainted version of the G1 head. Perhaps that's for homage's sake, but I also could see them repainting an original Devy head just for the prototypes because the new one wasn't ready or something. We've seen crazy stuff like that before, like the original combiner wars combiners being held together with hot glue. Would explain why the head is so small. If it is final, it's not terrible and I'm sure someone else will get an even better one before long so not a deal breaker. Excited to get it later this year.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Titan Class Devy looks surprisingly good. Quite posable and the proportions mostly work. Was a bit annoyed by the solid color treads, but apparently that's G1 toy accurate, so I can't really complain.

Well, yeah, you can. Just because it's G1 accurate doesn't make it a good idea. The different colored treads worked okay when they were part of the arm assembly, but on CW Devastator the treads peg into Long Haul as part of the torso, so their color is directly contrasted with the wing on the chest, which looks weird with A) two different colors and B) one of the colors being the same color as the wing. As a design choice it also results in the arms being rather spindly and the torso being overly bulky, but it does allow the arms to avoid bumping into the wing tips.

I dunno, there's a lot of weird decision-making happening on this thing.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Because of course it was going to happen, Ultimetal Optimus is being repainted as Ultimetal Ultra Magnus. But does that picture behind him indicate armor, too? This thing is going to be $1000+, if so.

Ultimetal-Ultra-Magnus_1423208402.jpg

And because it had to happen sometime, Soul of Chogokin MachineRobo (Masterpiece GoBots).

fXj3PGz.jpg

zT7Mkhe.jpg

Mike M

Nick N
I liked Go-Bots toys just about as much as TFs as a kid (show was trash, though), those look pretty neat. I especially dig that jet next to Cy-Kill (No idea who that is, doesn't even look familiar.)

Faiz

In wish those Machine Robos were SRC instead of SoC. So I could afford them all, haha

Edit: Now that I've looked into it, appears they are not SoC either, they are from Action Toys, an HK based company, and the Magnet Steel Jeeg pictured is a rerelease of the HL Pro Jeeg.

Apparently Jeeg has been priced at about $100 US. With the Machine Robos being smaller but transformable, and unclear if these are also gokin style releases which usually contain a lot of die cast, it's hard to judge how much these will be.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
I liked Go-Bots toys just about as much as TFs as a kid (show was trash, though), those look pretty neat. I especially dig that jet next to Cy-Kill (No idea who that is, doesn't even look familiar.)

That's Fitor. Known as Blue Jet in the MachineRobo line.

In wish those Machine Robos were SRC instead of SoC. So I could afford them all, haha

Edit: Now that I've looked into it, appears they are not SoC either, they are from Action Toys, an HK based company, and the Magnet Steel Jeeg pictured is a rerelease of the HL Pro Jeeg.

Apparently Jeeg has been priced at about $100 US. With the Machine Robos being smaller but transformable, and unclear if these are also gokin style releases which usually contain a lot of die cast, it's hard to judge how much these will be.

Yeah, originally they were reported as SoC, but that is not the case. I'd guess a price point similar to the Masterpiece Autobot Cars is likely given their size and complexity.

Savitar

GoBots, holy shit.

And they look good too, if you knew the originals these are definitely familiar and impressively familiar to the source material.

Also look at what some guy apparently found in a store:
image.jpg1_zpsowtczzxf.jpg

Beth Cyra

Because of course it was going to happen, Ultimetal Optimus is being repainted as Ultimetal Ultra Magnus. But does that picture behind him indicate armor, too? This thing is going to be $1000+, if so.

Ultimetal-Ultra-Magnus_1423208402.jpg

And because it had to happen sometime, Soul of Chogokin MachineRobo (Masterpiece GoBots).

fXj3PGz.jpg

zT7Mkhe.jpg

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It maybe the Ultra Magnus I've been dying for from the very start......that price though and I am getting surgeries done this year :(

I've always wanted an Optimus Prime toy, never had one as a kid. So the MP-10 reissue comes at a perfect time for me.

Can anyone speak to the purchasing experience on Amiami? Their price converted from yen to dollars is about $134, which is quite a bit cheaper than BBTS ($189). I haven't checked shipping costs yet. I plan to display the MP-10 in its box, so I was wondering if items from Amiami tend to come near mint/mint. BBTS for an extra $8 you get a mint box, but your pushing close to $200 now.

I've always wanted an Optimus Prime toy, never had one as a kid. So the MP-10 reissue comes at a perfect time for me.

Can anyone speak to the purchasing experience on Amiami? Their price converted from yen to dollars is about $134, which is quite a bit cheaper than BBTS ($189). I haven't checked shipping costs yet. I plan to display the MP-10 in its box, so I was wondering if items from Amiami tend to come near mint/mint. BBTS for an extra $8 you get a mint box, but your pushing close to $200 now.
I've ordered many smaller figures from them, most SH Figuarts stuff, and they always arrive extremely well packed, undamaged, and without any customs fees.

yami4ct

AmiAmi's great. Fast shipping, good discounts and well packed. The only reason I don't shop for MP Transformers there is that HLJ's Private Warehouse lets me combine a bunch of GunPla (or other MP Figures) over time and save shipping.

The one thing I'll say is that if you do have a problem, AmiAmi's CS kind of suck. They're very much in the "If it's damaged during shipment, call the shipper. If it's damage due to manufacturer error, sorry too bad" way of thought. Never had a problem I had to deal with them with, so chances of needing their CS are really small. Also, the MP-10 mold is solid as a rock and I can't imagining you getting a bad one.

I don't think you should get the MP-10 reissue. The Hasbro version is better IMO and actually has nice blue painted eyes. MP-10's are way too dark and soulless.

I've ordered many smaller figures from them, most SH Figuarts stuff, and they always arrive extremely well packed, undamaged, and without any customs fees.

AmiAmi's great. Fast shipping, good discounts and well packed. The only reason I don't shop for MP Transformers there is that HLJ's Private Warehouse lets me combine a bunch of GunPla (or other MP Figures) over time and save shipping.

The one thing I'll say is that if you do have a problem, AmiAmi's CS kind of suck. They're very much in the "If it's damaged during shipment, call the shipper. If it's damage due to manufacturer error, sorry too bad" way of thought. Never had a problem I had to deal with them with, so chances of needing their CS are really small. Also, the MP-10 mold is solid as a rock and I can't imagining you getting a bad one.

I don't think you should get the MP-10 reissue. The Hasbro version is better IMO and actually has nice blue painted eyes. MP-10's are way too dark and soulless.

Thanks for all the value feedback guys! I think I will go with AmiAmi IF I decide to go with the MP-10. But the post from Delta Assault has me re-thinking this. The blue eyes in the Hasbro figure is what I grew up knowing from the cartoons. Aggh. But I do appreciate you letting me know about the differences, I haven't purchased a Transformers figure since my mom bought me a bumblebee over 28 years ago.

The only time I had a prime was as a kid. I once swapped some autobot sports car (forget who he was, got him in another swap), for a optimus prime who transformed into giant optimus prime with his trailer.

Swapped it for something else because the kid I got it from had lost the head for giant optimus. I should find out exactly what model of optimus that was one of these days...

Bloodember

The only time I had a prime was as a kid. I once swapped some autobot sports car (forget who he was, got him in another swap), for a optimus prime who transformed into giant optimus prime with his trailer.

Swapped it for something else because the kid I got it from had lost the head for giant optimus. I should find out exactly what model of optimus that was one of these days...

It's the Power Master Optimus Prime, I have the Original US release, and a Japanese re-issue.

If you plan on displaying Mp10 in the box then you want Hasbros version,cant see Takara's version from outside the box. FYI nippon-yasan.com is one of the best overseas sellers for Transformer MP figures,one of the most reliable and cheapest in my findings.

Hasbro
mp10prime02.jpg

Takara
61gndEqqTIL.jpg

If you plan on displaying Mp10 in the box then you want Hasbros version,cant see Takara's version from outside the box. FYI nippon-yasan.com is one of the best overseas sellers for Transformer MP figures,one of the most reliable and cheapest in my findings.

Hasbro
mp10prime02.jpg

Takara
61gndEqqTIL.jpg

Cheers. The reissue looks quite reasonably priced.

Ah that's a deal breaker than. I watched a Youtube comparison video between the Takara and Hasbro version and the differences are very apparent. The Takara version is still awesome, but I like how the Hasbro version looks straight out of the G1 cartoon. Maybe I'll wait for a reissue of the Hasbro MP-10 although I won't be holding my breath.

Sir_Crocodile, I remember my friend owned that Optimus when we were kids. Do it!

Ah that's a deal breaker than. I watched a Youtube comparison video between the Takara and Hasbro version and the differences are very apparent. The Takara version is still awesome, but I like how the Hasbro version looks straight out of the G1 cartoon. Maybe I'll wait for a reissue of the Hasbro MP-10 although I won't be holding my breath.

Sir_Crocodile, I remember my friend owned that Optimus when we were kids. Do it!

You sure the Hasbro one is out of stock? I picked one up on Bigbadtoystore for 150 bucks about 2 months ago.

You sure the Hasbro one is out of stock? I picked one up on Bigbadtoystore for 150 bucks about 2 months ago.

Unfortunately yeah, I don't see the Hasbro version on BBTS. If only my renewed interest in Transformers happened several months ago. Regardless whether I purchase the Hasbro version on Ebay or the Takara reissue, I'm looking at paying over $200 after tax and shipping. Too much :/

Unfortunately yeah, I don't see the Hasbro version on BBTS. If only my renewed interest in Transformers happened several months ago. Regardless whether I purchase the Hasbro version on Ebay or the Takara reissue, I'm looking at paying over $200 after tax and shipping. Too much :/

Yeah... I hear ya. Even at 150, it was a bit of a stretch. I only ended up justifying it because of the huge ass trailer.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I'd recommend the Takara MP-10 over hasbro. My Hasbro came with a tilted chest panel (assumed messed up from being packaged with chest open). Thing never lined up right but my MP-10B (black prime) was perfect. Think the QQ on Takara stuff is a bit better then Hasbro.

Looking forward to my next TF purchase, the Playstation Prime to go with my Mega drive Megatron, hope he ships soon

Faiz

Anyone have any idea if the Gears legends wave is done?

I really should just start preordering everything I want from bbts.

Tizoc

Out of sheer curiosity, is Skids getting any figures releasing in the near future or had any released recently?

Faiz

Out of sheer curiosity, is Skids getting any figures releasing in the near future or had any released recently?

Yep there was a Generations release styled slightly after the current IDW comics about a year ago. You may still be able to find him in places. Pretty sure I saw him at Walmart just before Xmas, but on the secondary market he's apparently about $25 currently.

Yep there was a Generations release styled slightly after the current IDW comics about a year ago. You may still be able to find him in places. Pretty sure I saw him at Walmart just before Xmas, but on the secondary market he's apparently about $25 currently.
Great figure too. Just an awesome looking 'bot packed with weaponry. No frills, no gimmicks, just guns.

Generations_Skids.jpg

And here it is folks; Titan Devastator:

TRANSFORMERS-GENERATIONS-COMBINER-WARS-CONSTRUCTICON-DEVASTATOR_1423841423.jpg

Plus I don't think there is word of it being a TRU exclusive, which is fucking great news if its not!

I, for one, can't wait!

Ovek

7Member7
Transformers-Toy-Fair-2015-TFW2005-78_1423835639.jpg

The titan class Devastator has been officially announced, will retail for $149 and retained it's club foot.

Faiz

Transformers-Toy-Fair-2015-TFW2005-78_1423835639.jpg

The titan class Devastator has been officially announced, will retail for $149 and retained it's club foot.

I can deal with club foot.

Besides the third party guys will be falling over themselves to make mods for this figure. :D

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Tons of new pics from Toy Fair!

The Constructicons individually. Reports from the floor are that Scrapper is taller than G1 Devastator on his own, and Long Haul is absurdly huge. Combiner parts are formed from their guns, which is clever.
EdovGQZ.jpg

cm4srUC.jpg

Leader Class Magnus is IDW style (sorry, Beth Cyra), and includes a transforming Minimus Ambus.
8bsAzOb.jpg

Voyager Cyclonus, a remold of CW Silverbolt. His torso mode has a Galvatron head.
3z2ZO4D.jpg

And finally, the Protectobots fully revealed at last.
ugMi4c3.jpg

Firemind

Who is the sixth Protectobot and why is Groove part of Defensor's torso? Couldn't even design a way to put First Aid in his original left arm position lol. Constructicons look nice enough though. Hopefully, they won't botch the Aerialbots too much. Takara, your move!

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Who is the sixth Protectobot and why is Groove part of Defensor's torso? Couldn't even design a way to put First Aid in his original left arm position lol. Constructicons look nice enough though. Hopefully, they won't botch the Aerialbots too much. Takara, your move!

The sixth is Rook, and Groove is part of the torso because a motorcycle the size of a helicopter is stupid. All the limbs can be arms or legs, so First Aid can be the left arm if it's that important.

The Aerialbots are already shown (4 out of 6 are out at retail already) and they were not botched.

wj2Hsx3.jpg

E9xPL8Z.jpg

Beth Cyra

Tons of new pics from Toy Fair!

The Constructicons individually. Reports from the floor are that Scrapper is taller than G1 Devastator on his own, and Long Haul is absurdly huge. Combiner parts are formed from their guns, which is clever.
EdovGQZ.jpg

cm4srUC.jpg

Leader Class Magnus is IDW style (sorry, Beth Cyra), and includes a transforming Minimus Ambus.
8bsAzOb.jpg

Voyager Cyclonus, a remold of CW Silverbolt. His torso mode has a Galvatron head.
3z2ZO4D.jpg

And finally, the Protectobots fully revealed at last.
ugMi4c3.jpg
Hey no need to say sorry. Every time I'm disappointed most Magnus fans are happy and I have no desire to ruin their enjoyment.

Good looking is a Magnus so gratz to his fans.

Top Bottom