• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers |OT| Transform and roll out...

Tizoc

Details on upcoming events in the comics
http://www.newsarama.com/26832-hickman-joins-idw-s-transformers-in-february.html

The main TF book's description is...really odd. Not liking that direction TBH.

Still long as Roberts gets to do what he does, it's cool
Also dat cover (look at the bottom)
ARE872z.jpg

Also based Rod Pod :V

Drayco21

So is Hickman only doing variant covers? Because reading that headline made me do a spittake, and then get really excited for a second there...

I agree that I'm not sure how into All Hail Optimus I am, but I'll wait and see- execution is everything, and all. Looking forward to the Lost Light Crew vs. DJD, the stuff these last few volumes about Megatron pondering and talking about morality and his existential crisis have been some of the most compelling stuff from the whole series so far, I think, and this could be a really satisfying extension of that.

Tizoc

So looks like the 2nd season of the 2015 Robots in Disguise cartoon will be the last one
http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/11/17/...sguise-series-length-ends-with-a-movie-305486

I liked the animation and designs but the stories really fell flat.

They should just make a series inspired by MTMTE already :V

Right now my list of TF figures I want to own include
Samurai Cyclonus
Skids
Overlord

I doubt I'd ever get them anytime soon but they're part of my long term plan.

NEO0MJ

I'm honestly surprised by how long Megatron has stayed with the Autobots. I should thank the movies for making Galvatron the villain.

If Trypticon doesn't win I quit this hobby. You Scorponok weirdos can get stuffed.

I never really got Scorponok's appeal design wise. Ugly robot that turns into ugly Scorpion. Though I admit his energon design was pretty good.

Drayco21

If Trypticon doesn't win I quit this hobby. You Scorponok weirdos can get stuffed.

Robot Dinosaurs 4 lyfe!

I'd really like to see something based on his War For Cybertron design, but I get the impression that most of the fandom would rather just have a straight G1 update.

Worst case, his G1 figure is getting that Platinum series reissue- I think Amazon had it for a more reasonable Titan class price, maybe I'll just pick that up, since I've never owned a Trypticon.

They should just make a series inspired by MTMTE already :V

They ended up removing it from the story because their sources were apparently getting requests to take it down, but people were reporting that the next series is in the movie continuity and a prequel.

So still no based IDW style series. Bayformers or not, a prequel series with the potential for some cool Cybertron stuff is something I'd be down for though. Kinda hope it was ultimately some kind of miscommunication and not a "hey, take this down so we can make a bigger deal of announcing it."

Tizoc

^Man Roberts' introduced a lot of interesting stuff that occured in Cybertron history that would be rife for adaptation (except Simanzi Massacre), still a show that takes place on Cybertron can lead to some good ideas if done right.

I'm honestly surprised by how long Megatron has stayed with the Autobots. I should thank the movies for making Galvatron the villain.

The best part about the whole thing is that he is with the worst group of Autobots he could ever be with
There is some delicious irony here.

NEO0MJ

The best part about the whole thing is that he is with the worst group of Autobots he could ever be with
There is some delicious irony here.

The line "I have to remind myself that I'm here on my volition, and not the result of some elaborate plot by Optimus" never fails to make me smile. The next panel where they congratulate him on having his first breakdown was also hilarious.

Tizoc

The line "I have to remind myself that I'm here on my volition, and not the result of some elaborate plot by Optimus" never fails to make me smile. The next panel where they congratulate him on having his first breakdown was also hilarious.

All things considered, Prime is too much of a stand up guy to troll Megatron. For all Prime knows, Rodimus' quest and crew are about as legitimate, mature and confident as his most trusted Autobots.
Or at least he thought until Rodimus told him that he broke his half of the matrix :V

Faiz

I dislike it when they use that artist.

Also Team Trypticon !

Romandeli is something of an acquired taste IMO. I wasn't a fan of his work when he started with TF, and while he's still not my favorite, he brings a different perspective that somehow works for me when used on occasion. I can't say the same for a number of artists going back through IDW's run.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Trip just got a rereleased toy, time for Scop to shine

Bullshit, Scorponok has been hammered to death over and over in various forms since G1, and he was last year's big Botcon exclusive. Trypticon hasn't had an updated toy ever. Ever.

Romandeli is something of an acquired taste IMO. I wasn't a fan of his work when he started with TF, and while he's still not my favorite, he brings a different perspective that somehow works for me when used on occasion. I can't say the same for a number of artists going back through IDW's run.

I like his stuff quite a bit, particularly his citybots, so much so that I had him do this for me at Wondercon this year.

Faiz

Bullshit, Scorponok has been hammered to death over and over in various forms since G1, and he was last year's big Botcon exclusive. Trypticon hasn't had an updated toy ever. Ever.

I like his stuff quite a bit, particularly his citybots, so much so that I had him do this for me at Wondercon this year.

That is an insanely gorgeous piece!

TreIII

So looks like the 2nd season of the 2015 Robots in Disguise cartoon will be the last one
http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/11/17/...sguise-series-length-ends-with-a-movie-305486

I liked the animation and designs but the stories really fell flat.

Guess the writing was on the wall, with its comic apparently being canned, too.

But...a Bayformers-based prequel series to replace it? Aw. And here, I was hoping it'd be something more intriguing, with all the talk about Devastation (game) being a part of yet ANOTHER "continuity" series that they were going to kick off.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
I have been advised that we should not be surprised if we see announcements of MP Hound, Mirage, and Galvatron in the early months of 2016.

Aske

I have been advised that we should not be surprised if we see announcements of MP Hound, Mirage, and Galvatron in the early months of 2016.

I hope so. I'm patintly waiting on DX9 to ship Tyrant any day now, but a great looking Takara Galvatron? Can't wait for more info. I have mixed feelings about the upcoming Hot Rod though. I don't love it as much as I want to. Robot mode's torso seems a little off, and I don't care for the visible face under the car in alt mode.

Hot Rod/Rodimus seems hard to nail. Not a fan of either of the face sculpts on MP 9, even if it didn't have all the QC issues. Same with DX9's Carry. Amazing figure in every respect except the face: he doesn't feel like Rodimus. I'm also not wild about his high backpack. Makes him look a bit like a ninja turtle.

aparisi2274

Takara at war with the 3rd parties with those choices. Looking forward to it.

Yeah definitely... the recent 3rd party Mirage that I saw was top notch... makes you wonder how a smaller company can produce items that rival Takara's own MP line.... either way, its a win for the fans.

Drayco21

Take these with a grain of salt considering all the fake leaks with the Abominus slides and such, but here's some possible leaks of things from Titans Return:

Leader class Power-Master Optimus Prime:

He was in the original product list leak that we're pretty sure was real (since it also had everything revealed at NYCC on it), and a Wal-Mart listing for him exists. Looks like a retooled Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus.

G2 Bruticus gift-set:

Makes sense; we're getting a G2 set for both Superion and Menasor, and it's not even the first time that Hasbro has rereleased a Bruticus in a G2-colored giftset in recent years. Blast-Off is still a jet, so if Takara is doing a remold, it's not being brought over for the Gift-Set like Slingshot was.

If PM OP is happening, I will get him for sure. Being a comic reader, this was my Optimus for a majority of the run, and I had the original brick back then. I would have liked a Masterpiece but this would be fine too.

Anyone know what the Porsche licence status is? I really need my MP Jazz.
In other news I got MP Tracks in the other day and he's a magnificent bastard. Might pick up Road Rage as well.

Mindwipe

Anyone know what the Porsche licence status is? I really need my MP Jazz.
In other news I got MP Tracks in the other day and he's a magnificent bastard. Might pick up Road Rage as well.

We don't know. At one point it was unclearable, but since Bumblebee happened there's reason to doubt that.

There is a reasonable looking third party one.

Looks like the new fan vote will be for a Titan class figure.
Trypticon, Omega Supreme or Scorponok.

Edit: looks like I'm late with this one

Faiz

I'm surprised people are into that PM Prime mold. Looks like a mess to me. Glad people are getting stuff they like tho!

Mike M

Nick N
I have a looooot of nostalgia invested in PM Prime. Far and away my favorite figure from G1. He's just so ridiculously playable for lack of a better term. Still one of the best trailer bases, he's covered in guns, he comes with a little dude to scale with the base, and it all combines together for a super mode. I'm super jazzed about any update that would reimagine it with today's tech.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Hasbro decided to relent and release new info so we don't have to look at those terrible pictures.

Fort Max is definitely a Metroplex retool.
01-Fortress-Maximus.jpg

Powermaster Prime is a heavy remold of Magnus who is also a Headmaster (or "Titanmaster" as they're calling them).
03-Leader-Powermaster-OP-Robot.jpg

03-Leader-Powermaster-OP-Vehicle.jpg

03-Leader-Powermaster-OP-Base.jpg

And G2 Bruticus looks hilariously terrible, because G2.
02-B3899AS00_TRA_Combiner_War_Bruticus_2.jpg

We don't know. At one point it was unclearable, but since Bumblebee happened there's reason to doubt that.

There is a reasonable looking third party one.

Bumblebee doesn't have any impact on Jazz. Porsche is totally autonomous when it comes to what can and cannot be done with its brand, so VW getting on board doesn't mean Porsche will. There is zero indication an MP Jazz will ever happen outside the designers at Takara wanting to do one.

Savitar

Have G2 colors ever been good?

Powermaster Prime looks pretty damn awesome. The one issue I have is the same I have for many TF's for the last while, the gaps/holes in various body parts/weapons. Annoys me to no end.....I kinda want to fill them in.

muteki

Fort Max needs more waist cannons. If they stick to the art it would fix my main issue with Metroplex which was he was too skinny. Max should have more meat on his bones at least.

PM prime is eh... I'd like him more if I didn't know about Magnus' shortcomings.

Faiz

Have G2 colors ever been good?

Powermaster Prime looks pretty damn awesome. The one issue I have is the same I have for many TF's for the last while, the gaps/holes in various body parts/weapons. Annoys me to no end.....I kinda want to fill them in.

I have a fondness for the Dinobots G2, but that's about it.

(And even then still heavily prefer the g1 scheme).

Optimus is SOLD! Such an awesome figure.

Also, I seem to remember the original having all kinds of hollow limbs to begin with, so that's actually accurate :D

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Also I don't remember who was asking about a samurai IDW style Cyclonus, but MMC is making one. Also dig that Overlord in the back.

mmccyclonus.jpg

Beth Cyra

I love that Prime has become a remold of Magnus.

I might have to get them and pose them next to each other, that said I wish a third party would bring out a Magnus colored Prime head I could replace the go with

yami4ct

The MP stuff in the new Generations book all look fantastic. Shockwave looks absolutely gorgeous and the transformation looks incredible. MP Ironhide's transformation looks real cool too. I think Hot Rod's looking much better in these pics as well, though I'm not sure what's changed. I think it's just the posing.

Tizoc

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssss that new Overlord figure is gonna look great.

Anyways preview for MTMTE #47 IS up-
http://www.newsarama.com/26888-preview-transformers-more-than-meets-the-eye-47.html
BTW I was reading TVTropes and gotta ask something about Getaway
what issues had him try to wedge between Cyclonus and Tailgate? I swear I never noticed that o_O

Also, dear lord, Newsarama, just slap your dang watermarks on the images and don't have us use your slow ass image viewer....

Top Bottom