• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers |OT| Transform and roll out...

HigXx

Absolutely love Armada Prime & Jetfire combo! Really wish Armada Prime had one that MP Poll

Cybertron Prime is just amazing. In every mode and combination

Tizoc

Uh guys...
X9J7YLZ.jpg
Look at the Functionist's chest >_>

Uh guys...

Look at the Functionist's chest >_>

What should I be seeing? It kind of looks like a Matrix, which makes sense considering the religious fundamentalism of functionists. If you're implying the side cogs look like the Knights of Cybertron's crest, I'm not really seeing it...

Tizoc

What should I be seeing? It kind of looks like a Matrix, which makes sense considering the religious fundamentalism of functionists. If you're implying the side cogs look like the Knights of Cybertron's crest, I'm not really seeing it...
The one in the middle by the abdomen area resembles the insignia that grimlock drew and megs and co were discussing a few issues earlier

Tizoc

Alright lads tell me what you think, what you see here comprises at most 1/3 of the thread I'm making if not 1/2 of it :V

A quick history
IDW began publishing Transformers comics on October 2005, back then it was helmed by Simon Furman, long time collaborator and author of many TF comics from the 80s and early 90s. Other authors and artists would work on the series’ various stories and miniseries. This would go on until December 2011, culminating in what is now referred to as ‘Phase One’.

‘Phase Two’ would begin in Early 2012 with 2 mainline Transformers books; More than Meets the Eye, written by James Roberts, and Robots in Disguise written by John Barber.
I will be focusing primarily on MTMTE, because unbeknownst to many, it is a fantastic book with great drama, humor and emotional moments.

Whether you are a fan of the franchise or not, this is a series that I strongly recommend giving a chance as it may surprise you to see just how far and how much can be done with such a franchise, the likes of which could never had been conceived before.

If I were to compare this comic to any particular series, in order to give an idea of what to expect, then it would have to be the Mignolaverse; namely Hellboy and BPRD, wherein characters are given major focus and the plot progress with or through them, as well as the depth gone to establish and present the characters.

Such is what you’d expect to find reading MTMTE; a character focused narrative that goes on as the plot progresses, if not progressed by.
In addition if you enjoy reading, chances are you will enjoy this series even more.

James Roberts’ writing also has an interesting style to it; utilizing call backs, foreshadowing and subtle visual hints, such as background events going on in panels, when writing the stories. This will become apparent in re-reads of certain stories, or even in a single issue; something could be mentioned at the first few pages of an issue, in passing even, that will be referenced or have a bigger impact pages later. Also humor, there’s some really nice humor in this book.

The main reading order for the series goes thus:
Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers
Chaos Theory, a 2 part story collect in the TPB Transformers: Chaos Theory
MTMTE Vol. 1-3
Transformers: Dark Prelude
MTMTE Vol. 4-5
TF: Dark Cybertron
The rest of MTMTE

For the most part the reading order is easy to figure or pick up, however the first 2 stories are in fact Roberts’ first official work on the IDW Transformers series and he introduces many of his ideas and concepts in them.
I will be doing quick short previews of the first 3 in the list above at least, to help get an idea of they contain. 

Last Stand of the Wreckers

It's a little difficult to describe Last Stand of the Wreckers outside of its premise; the rogue Decepticon Overlord had taken over the Autobot Prison Facility Garrus-9 and has been ruling over it for 3 years. Autobot High Command, upon realizing they had lost contact with the facility, mobilize the Autobot's Black Ops unit, The Wreckers, lead by Springer, to infiltrate Garrus-9 and free it from Decepticon control.

This miniseries marks the first project that James Roberts has ever worked on an official Transformers comic, being a long time fan of the TF series. The success or well reception, of this miniseries would be followed with him heading a mainline TF comic, More Than Meets the Eye, and it becoming nominated for many awards.

The art in this book is handled by Nick Roche, another long time fan of the series and who worked on various TF comics with IDW. Josh Burcham's colors add great depth and visual style to Roche's pencils, helping panels that are character focused to really stand out and be imposing.

The first issue begins by showing Garrus-9 under siege by the Decepticons. The chief warden, Fortress Maximums aka Fort Max, is undeterred by the assault. Notice how the very first page sets things up instantly with the pace of the dialog not dawdling and giving the reader all the information they need.

On the next page, every Autobot and Decepticon's worst nightmare descends on the scene;

Following the fall of G9, being the above events, the book switches to a group of Autobots, never before or rarely if ever known or seen in the many TF media, they are the new recruits for Springer's Wreckers team, waiting at a space port to join with Springer.

As this ragtag group boards the ship they meet with Verity, a human who the Autobots befriend during their battle with the Decepticons on Earth. She had stowawayed on Magnus' ship and has been working with him for the past few years. They eventually meet with Springer who briefs them on their mission; free Garrus-9 from Decepticon control.

The remainder of the issue becomes character focused, letting the reader know about the characters, their personalities and quirks.

By the end of the first issue much is established (at least character-wise), such as the brutality and the ferocity of Overlord, and a keen eyed reader would notice that a character shown in the first page returns in the handful of final pages of the first issue.

The 2nd issue shows the team preparing for their mission along with some more characterization and interaction between the cast. It closes up with the mission being underway, and like many stories have shown, nothing ever goes according to plan…
One nice callback in this issue is the team's reaction to discovering they’re dealing with Overlord-
dOV0Tf.jpg

That's as much as I'd like to write about the book, one can read the entire 5 issues digitally or in print via Comixology or various online retailers.

It should be noted that the Hardcover contains some additional text stories that serve to add more background to the characters in the book among others, such as characters that would end up appearing in MTMTE.

With LSotW, Roberts lay down the foundation for what MTMTE would build off of, as in LSotW he introduced many aspects and ideas that serve to expand on the lore of the TF series.
All in all though Last Stand of the Wreckers is a good stand alone story, one worth going back to from time to time, at least to see elements that Roberts would use in the main MTMTE book.

As an addendum, consider tracking down the one shot story Spotlight: Kup, which was written and drawn by Nick Roche. It serves as the motivation for Guzzle joining the team and remains an interesting stand alone issue. 

Chaos Theory
The events of this story takes place a few years after the events of LSotW, with a most peculiar incident; Megatron willingly surrendering to the Autobots. No Fusion Canon blasting or bludgeoning with a cyber mace, nothing; straight up surrenders to Prime and his cadre of Autobots.

The Autobots wouldn’t have time to contemplate this surprising turn of events for long though; a sinister threat is approaching their once home planet of Cybertron, and so Optimus forms a crew and together they leave Earth and travel to Cybertron taking Megatron along as their prisoner.

That’s about all you need to know going into these 2 issues which are a must read primarily due to the fact that it focuses on Optimus and Megatron and their views of each other. Even if you've never read a TF comic before, these 2 issues can easily be gotten into primarily for the focus on these 2 characters and the flashback story, making it a really good standalone story.

This story focuses on 2 events: Pre-war Cybertron flashback that tells the events of and following the arrest of a miner by the name of Megatron, and the present time events that unfold aboard Omega Supreme between Prime and Megatron, as the Transformers are traveling to Cybertron

Before I continue I should point out that this is one of the earliest collaborations between James Roberts and Alex Milne; Milne would go on to become the main artist on the More than Meets the Eye series, if his artstyle isn't recognizable here, then it is very likely due to the coloring, which was done by Joana LaFuente.

There's a lot I like about this 2 parter; for one the writing and dialog is well done, gets the message through, fun to read (IMHO) and is easy to follow. In addition, much like how one of the things All-Star Superman is praised for being that a single page tells a lot on its own, applies here. For example, here is the very first page of Issue #22-

From this one page you learn everything you need to know about pre-war Cybertron's society. Here's the 2nd page that follows it, the dialog and writing works to expand on what was established in the prior page-

The first issue would jump between the Megatron’s arrest (in pre-war Cybertron), and Optimus (in the present time) getting around to doing something we've rarely, if ever, seen been done in many TF media; just sit down and talk to Megatron.

Remember how I wrote about how a single page tells a lot on its own? Same applies here even though I've shown 2 pages, but show that to ANYONE who is a huge fan of the 80s cartoon and they're likely to get a big stupid grin on their face. I just can't get enough of Megatron just sitting on that chair all casual, arms behind his head in a relaxed manner talking to Optimus Prime like he's a good old friend.
Their discussion goes on for quite a few pages, filled with some great back and forth between the two.

Following their interacction, we get to see Autobot High Command deciding on the fate of Megatron, presented in a 2-page spread, and here as well you can see the fast pace at which the discussion goes, while also getting the message through to the reader quite clearly.

The 2nd part of the story goes on to focus on the ‘fallout’ of Megatron’s arrest, shifting focus onto Optimus Prime, then Orion Pax. If you were ever a fan of Optimus, then you will love this issue because it is full of badass and awesome moments of the character.
More than meets the eye would build off elements mentioned in these 2 issues hence why they are necessary for the enjoyment of the main series as a whole.

In closing, this 2 parter is a great self-contained story that one can go back to time and time again, and even those who hadn't touched anything or many Transformers related media other than the 80s G1 cartoon will appreciate and enjoy.

Looks good to me, with a couple of notes:
1) I would remove the panel from Wreckers issue 2, the callback isn't so amazing to warrant fast-forwarding that much (even if it doesn't really spoil anything). Keep things mysterious.
2) Is an image missing from the last part of the Chaos Theory writeup? It kind of seems like there should be one after this paragraph:

Following their interacction, we get to see Autobot High Command deciding on the fate of Megatron, presented in a 2-page spread, and here as well you can see the fast pace at which the discussion goes, while also getting the message through to the reader quite clearly.

I also just realized it should be "interaction" in that paragraph. :) It's late and I'm half asleep so I might have missed more typos.

Tizoc

Looks good to me, with a couple of notes:
1) I would remove the panel from Wreckers issue 2, the callback isn't so amazing to warrant fast-forwarding that much (even if it doesn't really spoil anything). Keep things mysterious.
2) Is an image missing from the last part of the Chaos Theory writeup? It kind of seems like there should be one after this paragraph:

I also just realized it should be "interaction" in that paragraph. :) It's late and I'm half asleep so I might have missed more typos.

1- No worries I'll remove it in the final draft
2- I may need to reword this, as I don't want to post the spread mainly because the last few panels kinda reveal the Megs and Prime talk and I don't want to post it.

yami4ct

MP Inferno has been revealed and, yup, that's Inferno.

It's kinda hard to tell without a good reference, but he looks maybe a tad bit taller than Ironhide? That would fit with the oft sighted scale chart.

NEO0MJ

I don't think I can resist Tarn and Overlord. Wonder if they all a bonus "real face" for Tarn if it's ever revealed.

That Tarn is sexy as hell, and that's from someone who isn't a particular fanboy of the DJD.

I don't think I can resist Tarn and Overlord. Wonder if they all a bonus "real face" for Tarn if it's ever revealed.

I'd be really surprised if it isn't revealed in the next issue or two. Also all hints point towards Roller, so it can go three ways:
1) It's Roller.
2) It was meant to be Roller, but since people figured it out, he changes it to be someone else.
3) The hints were red herrings and it was always meant to be someone else (probably with other, less obvious hints along the way).

If it's between 1 and 2 I would rather have 1. I prefer the story to preserve internal consistency independent of external circumstances, especially because I feel this comic will trascend time like a true classic and ten or twenty years from now people will keep discovering it, and they won't care about what the internet speculation was back then.

Mindwipe

Roberts has said a few times that he thinks it's a shame in a way that people are so good at guessing collectively now the internet exists that it's very difficult to do surprises, but he's also pretty realistic that that's just the way it is. I don't think he'd change a plot because of it.

It's open enough that it could be Delta Magnus/the original Ultra Magnus/Dominus Ambus and not feel forced. But I think it'll be Roller.

NEO0MJ

I'd be really surprised if it isn't revealed in the next issue or two. Also all hints point towards Roller, so it can go three ways:
1) It's Roller.
2) It was meant to be Roller, but since people figured it out, he changes it to be someone else.
3) The hints were red herrings and it was always meant to be someone else (probably with other, less obvious hints along the way).

Care to list the hints? Like, we know something strange happened to Roller that made him disappear and we now know that
the only reason Megatron recruited Tarn and gave him his unit was to prove that anyone can be a savage and ruthless 'con so he was probably someone once considered good until Megatron lured him
but nothing else comes to mind. Plus Roller's unique ability was his super strength, something very different to Tarn's magic voice.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Care to list the hints? Like, we know something strange happened to Roller that made him disappear and we now know that
the only reason Megatron recruited Tarn and gave him his unit was to prove that anyone can be a savage and ruthless 'con so he was probably someone once considered good until Megatron lured him
but nothing else comes to mind. Plus Roller's unique ability was his super strength, something very different to Tarn's magic voice.

1. Tarn is a point-one percenter, as was Roller
2. Tarn has facial damage under his mask in the same place Roller took a direct hit in the battle before he disappeared
3. Tarn says his "deadly gift" was "slow to manifest"
4. Tarn's dialogue states he watched the Decepticons grow from an idea to an army, so he was around from the beginning, and likely in a position to watch events from early on, as Roller was
5. They have the same chin

tumblr_inline_nmhuxmseyy1rua8z8_400.jpg

tumblr_inline_nmhv2oeIFI1rua8z8_400.jpg

I also think
Megatron's comment about wanting "to hurt someone" isn't referring to Roller being hurt, as most seem to read it, but to Optimus. Megatron knew little could hurt Optimus more than seeing his old partner become a rabidly loyal Decepticon. And after all, it was Optimus who originally suggested Roller should read Megatron's book.

Aside from the above (deep breath), Tarn and Roller have very similar builds not shared by almost any other bot, Roller's present and Tarn's identity are among the very few mysteries left in the series, both are point one percenters (which, as the name implies, are not exactly common) and specifically abnormally strong, Tarn introduces his voice as "a gift that was slow to manifest itself", both are confirmed to be born pre-war yet we know nothing of either one's history while the other was active, Roller was last seen taking a shot to the left eye which is precisely Tarn's scarred eye under his mask, and finally Roller was addicted to Circuit Speeders much like Tarn is to Nuke and transforming.

Specifically about the bit you spoiler tagged, it's hard to imagine
someone sweeter for Megatron to corrupt than Optimus' best friend

NEO0MJ

I knew both were one percenters, but I forgot Tarn said his was slow to develop. But don't most one percenters only have one ability? Wasn't Roller's supposed to be super strenght? Unless he got it wrong and his strength was just a natural result of his build, which wasn't common at first until bodies became custom built, which was distressing to him regarding his role if his strength became normal.

Tizoc

Roberts has said a few times that he thinks it's a shame in a way that people are so good at guessing collectively now the internet exists that it's very difficult to do surprises, but he's also pretty realistic that that's just the way it is. I don't think he'd change a plot because of it.

It's open enough that it could be Delta Magnus/the original Ultra Magnus/Dominus Ambus and not feel forced. But I think it'll be Roller.
I admit i was surprised by mtmte 52's reveal so points to him for that xp

I missed your post until Tizoc quoted it. I admit Dominus Ambus, while not having so much foreshadowing as Roller, could also be a possibility, considering he's missing too and he is quite large... or, well, he is compared to Rewind and Minimus, which probably isn't a good measure of scale. :D

I knew both were one percenters, but I forgot Tarn said his was slow to develop. But don't most one percenters only have one ability? Wasn't Roller's supposed to be super strenght? Unless he got it wrong and his strength was just a natural result of his build, which wasn't common at first until bodies became custom built, which was distressing to him regarding his role if his strength became normal.

It has never been explicitly stated that point one percenters have only one skill, it simply has been that way for most of the handful of ones we've seen. As a matter of fact, I don't think they have to have a particular superpower-style skill. We know Megatron is a point one percenter, but what is exactly his skill? His strength? Intelligence? Strategic acumen? Charisma? Leadership? Determination? All of them are extraordinary but it's hard to say any one of them is superhum-, sorry, "supercybertronian".

As a matter of fact, and unless memory fails, we never saw Roller display any feat of strength that is way outside the realm of what a similarly built cybertronian (say, For Max) could do, let alone a point one percenter with other skills like Megatron. This supports your theory that he got it wrong and his strength wasn't supposed to be his skill or at least not the entire package, with (in true Roberts fashion) ties in nicely with him being disappointed that "that's it".

NEO0MJ

It has never been explicitly stated that point one percenters have only one skill, it simply has been that way for most of the handful of ones we've seen. As a matter of fact, I don't think they have to have a particular superpower-style skill. We know Megatron is a point one percenter, but what is exactly his skill? His strength? Intelligence? Strategic acumen? Charisma? Leadership? Determination? All of them are extraordinary but it's hard to say any one of them is superhum-, sorry, "supercybertronian".

I just thought of it as his link to a black hole but I don't think that's been utilized in IDW at all, right?
As for super power style skill, would Trailbreaker's force field count? Or Skywarp's ability to warp? Those two skills still seem difficult to replicate in general. While ships have force fields there's nothing small yet.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
I just thought of it as his link to a black hole but I don't think that's been utilized in IDW at all, right?
As for super power style skill, would Trailbreaker's force field count? Or Skywarp's ability to warp? Those two skills still seem difficult to replicate in general. While ships have force fields there's nothing small yet.

Megatron's link to the black hole/spacebridge warp was something Shockwave did to him, not an innate ability. Although it could be argued that his ability to withstand that kind of alteration was due to his point-one-percenter status. Also he's the only example of a point-one spark being put into a constructed cold body, to my knowledge, so who knows what kind of effect that has on a potential innate talent?

Trailbreaker's force field isn't due to point-one status, it's due to him being an Outlier, which is basically the Cybertronian term for "X-Men style mutant." Outliers have an unusual ability that is unrelated to their alt mode, essentially. Examples include Trailbreaker's force field, Windcharger's magnetic arms, Soundwave's mind reading, Skywarp's teleportation, and Skids' instant learning.

Cheerilee

I've heard it said that in a good Sherlock Holmes mystery, Holmes is supposed to be "quicker" (not smarter) than the target audience, while Watson is supposed to be "slower" (not dumber) than them. This allows the audience to mentally "run" alongside Holmes and try to keep up, and when Sherlock slows down for a moment and gives Watson a hand, he's indirectly making sure that the audience is keeping up.

But the mystery should be "solvable", and it's entirely appropriate for the audience to reach the conclusion before Sherlock helps Watson get there (although there's no shame in being helped along by the Watson assist, because that's why he's there).

And since the mystery is solvable, that means that it's possible for the audience to reach the conclusion before Sherlock himself does, if they're quick enough and really trying. That's not supposed to happen. That's not how Sherlock Holmes mysteries are designed to work. But if it happens, it happens, because the alternative is making the mystery unsolvable until Sherlock pulls something that cannot be known out of his ass, and that's cheating.

If James Roberts is a smart guy, he won't change his plans just because the internet tried really hard and they think they figured him out.

Megatron's link to the black hole/spacebridge warp was something Shockwave did to him, not an innate ability. Although it could be argued that his ability to withstand that kind of alteration was due to his point-one-percenter status. Also he's the only example of a point-one spark being put into a constructed cold body, to my knowledge, so who knows what kind of effect that has on a potential innate talent?

Trailbreaker's force field isn't due to point-one status, it's due to him being an Outlier, which is basically the Cybertronian term for "X-Men style mutant." Outliers have an unusual ability that is unrelated to their alt mode, essentially. Examples include Trailbreaker's force field, Windcharger's magnetic arms, Soundwave's mind reading, Skywarp's teleportation, and Skids' instant learning.

I admit I often mix up point one percenters and outliers. It's pretty obvious at this point that Tarn is both (the former by explicit text IIRC, the latter by his voice ability), but which one was Roller stated to be?

I've heard it said that in a good Sherlock Holmes mystery, Holmes is supposed to be "quicker" (not smarter) than the target audience, while Watson is supposed to be "slower" (not dumber) than them. This allows the audience to mentally "run" alongside Holmes and try to keep up, and when Sherlock slows down for a moment and gives Watson a hand, he's indirectly making sure that the audience is keeping up.

But the mystery should be "solvable", and it's entirely appropriate for the audience to reach the conclusion before Sherlock helps Watson get there (although there's no shame in being helped along by the Watson assist, because that's why he's there).

And since the mystery is solvable, that means that it's possible for the audience to reach the conclusion before Sherlock himself does, if they're quick enough and really trying. That's not supposed to happen. That's not how Sherlock Holmes mysteries are designed to work. But if it happens, it happens, because the alternative is making the mystery unsolvable until Sherlock pulls something that cannot be known out of his ass, and that's cheating.

If James Roberts is a smart guy, he won't change his plans just because the internet tried really hard and they think they figured him out.

Excellent point, especially because with an audience composed of basically the entire world and a timeframe of years, there aren't many logically constructed and solvable mysteries that won't be solved. This in fact is why most modern shows don't bother with things such as foreshadowing, laying out hints and so on. Again, major props to Roberts for going against the trend, and I pretty much trust he'll also stick to one of the logical choices in this case.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
I admit I often mix up point one percenters and outliers. It's pretty obvious at this point that Tarn is both (the former by explicit text IIRC, the latter by his voice ability), but which one was Roller stated to be?

He's stated to be a point-one percenter, but I don't think anything has been said about him being an Outlier. In fact, in the time travel story he implies he has to take the drugged energon to "keep up" with the Outlier team they have. Presumably when Tarn says his talent was slow to develop it's in reference to Roller either not having or not realizing his ability at the time. Which makes sense, as Roller probably didn't have much opportunity or motive to kill anyone with his voice.

New stock pics of most of the Titans Returns lineup:
http://www.seibertron.com/transform...ry-class-of-transformers-titans-return/35332/
I didn't know Powermaster Prime was a Titanmaster, I'm frankly surprised because his head looks pretty good, unlike Blaster and Galvatron's quite obvious and unappealing helmet. One of the pics does show Prime's helmet inside the cab, right below the headmaster piloting it, so it seems it's simply much better made or the pics are more flattering.

Also, having Scourge as a Deluxe again seems like such a huge missed opportunity after having recently had both a Galvatron and Cyclonus Voyager. :(

Faiz

It's pretty rare for me to buy 3p figures (just because of price really) but I may have to plunk down for Tarn. Easily my favorite original character out of the IDW books.

New stock pics of most of the Titans Returns lineup:
http://www.seibertron.com/transform...ry-class-of-transformers-titans-return/35332/
I didn't know Powermaster Prime was a Titanmaster, I'm frankly surprised because his head looks pretty good, unlike Blaster and Galvatron's quite obvious and unappealing helmet. One of the pics does show Prime's helmet inside the cab, right below the headmaster piloting it, so it seems it's simply much better made or the pics are more flattering.

Also, having Scourge as a Deluxe again seems like such a huge missed opportunity after having recently had both a Galvatron and Cyclonus Voyager. :(

Yea so many of the figs do look nice, but then the head seems kinda ruined by having to be using that Headmaster gimmick. Galvatron looks great outside his blocky head, ugh what a waste

Yea so many of the figs do look nice, but then the head seems kinda ruined by having to be using that Headmaster gimmick. Galvatron looks great outside his blocky head, ugh what a waste

Agreed. I also dislike how his helmet seems so floaty and disconnected to his head. I kind of wish I had it in hand to see if it can be fixed somehow (e.g. sanding parts of it even if it makes the headmaster look worse, and painting the gray with blue/purple).

Damn, this line keeps pushing my nostalgia buttons. It's awesome how they've kept (mostly) all the names intact, even the companions. If this was a few years ago, I would have bought every single one, but now I'll just get Blurr, and OP... and probably Blaster...

yami4ct

Looks like TT are doubling down on the MP Beast Wars line. MP Cheetor is getting a tease.

I'm shocked we're getting Cheetor next. I had heard he was in development, but I was under the impression both Rattrap and Megatron were further along. I'm really interested to see what they can do with Cheetor. He's a very tough design to get right and he really hasn't had a great figure. It should be a cool challenge.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
I expected it at some point, but Cheetor was definitely not my guess for BW MP #2. Tigatron probably not far behind, I suppose.

Fracas?
Xort?
Who the heck okd these names lol

Most of the new names are trademarkable variations on the G1 heads' names. Although Fracas has always been Scourge's Targetmaster's name.

yami4ct

I expected it at some point, but Cheetor was definitely not my guess for BW MP #2. Tigatron probably not far behind, I suppose.

I wonder how easy a Tigatron remold will be? If you look at the alt mode silhouette, TT seem to be going for a more realistic cheetah build. Unless they do something silly and change Tigatron to a thinner animal like a Snow Leopard, they are going to have to change a ton of panels to make that into a Tiger as they are so much stockier and more muscular. They'd probably have to do a full reshell to pull it off.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
I wonder how easy a Tigatron remold will be? If you look at the alt mode silhouette, TT seem to be going for a more realistic cheetah build. Unless they do something silly and change Tigatron to a thinner animal like a Snow Leopard, they are going to have to change a ton of panels to make that into a Tiger as they are so much stockier and more muscular. They'd probably have to do a full reshell to pull it off.

Road Rage has a surprising number of original parts in her legs and hips, so there's some precedent for new parts being used to slim down or bulk up a remold in the MP line. I would think more people (although maybe not a lot more) would be up for an MP Tigatron than an MP Road Rage, so I bet it'll happen. And then you're a hop skip and a jump away from MP BW Agent Ravage.

yami4ct

Road Rage has a surprising number of original parts in her legs and hips, so there's some precedent for new parts being used to slim down or bulk up a remold in the MP line. I would think more people (although maybe not a lot more) would be up for an MP Tigatron than an MP Road Rage, so I bet it'll happen. And then you're a hop skip and a jump away from MP BW Agent Ravage.

I think they can do it, but it's going to be a significant challenge. Should be a really fun and impressive remold to look at.

Tizoc

So like here's my pitch for a new Platinum TF action game;
Basically it'd be a game headlining the Wreckers, but with a neat twist; you can create your own character.

Now the types or classes you can make from include
Normal Body type (Springer, Kup, etc.) who specialize in ranged weaponry
Heavy Body type (Roadbuster) they are the tankies who can take a lot of punishment and deal equal amounts of it
Speed/Melee type (Arcee) melee weapon specialists/Metalakato

Gameplay takes ques from Anarchy Reign, Vansquish and how they did TF Devastation.

Now comes the cool part: You can also play as Decepticons
namely the DJD

Yeah that's kinda my quick concept for the game :V

Drayco21

I really hope we get another Platinum Transformers of some kind; the threads on Devastation's sales weren't promising, but it's such a phenomenal game, and now that High Moon has been consumed by the Activision war machine, they might be our only hope for worthwhile games.

More than anything, I want to see a playable Combiner set-piece out of them. Let me play as Superion and just fuck some shit up defending the Autobots base, and end it with a fistfight with Bruticus.

Tizoc

I really hope we get another Platinum Transformers of some kind; the threads on Devastation's sales weren't promising, but it's such a phenomenal game, and now that High Moon has been consumed by the Activision war machine, they might be our only hope for worthwhile games.

More than anything, I want to see a playable Combiner set-piece out of them. Let me play as Superion and just fuck some shit up defending the Autobots base, and end it with a fistfight with Bruticus.

First Aid should be a sniper; he' really good at head shots :V

There was already a build-a-transformer mode in Fall of Cybertron, it was pretty neat, even though you could only play them in versus mode (they should have let you play them in Escalation at least). It's probably as much as can be done regarding Transformers, as your bot has to turn into something so all pieces have to fit together.

Now I'm sad about High Moon, geez. Building upon WFC and FoC could have made for an incredible game (they should mix the coop campaign of WFC with FoC variety).

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2

Two more are planned as accompaniments for the Titans Return and Planets Transform lines over the next couple of years.

Top Bottom