• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers |OT| Transform and roll out...

Tizoc

Two more are planned as accompaniments for the Titans Return and Planets Transform lines over the next couple of years.

guess we'll see the new TF game this E3?

As much as I like the TF games released these past 2 gens, it irritates me that Acti doesn't put in more budget to it.
I do find it hilarious that TF: Devastation had a low budget but was sold rather pricey.

Drayco21

Two more are planned as accompaniments for the Titans Return and Planets Transform lines over the next couple of years.

People keep saying that, but I just don't trust Activision on this by word alone, especially since I've never seen a firm source on that from them. Hope we see something too; I'd settle for a logo, just let me know something's happening.

GuyKazama

According to TFW, Fort Max has started showing up in Australia

WHdRRcE.jpg

Tizoc

More than meets the Eye #53
PWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
So much for that theory huh?

But man
the emotions, next issue is gonna be heartbreaking XO
This was one hell of a breather issue though but uh...
Wait Ratchet can do an operation with 'His hands closed and eyes tied behind his back'?
OK I know cybertronians are mechanicals but dang.

Also Cyclonus had the best line this issue.
Dat Group Hug though T_T

More than meets the Eye #53
PWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
So much for that theory huh?

But man
the emotions, next issue is gonna be heartbreaking XO
This was one hell of a breather issue though but uh...
Wait Ratchet can do an operation with 'His hands closed and eyes tied behind his back'?
OK I know cybertronians are mechanicals but dang.

Also Cyclonus had the best line this issue.
Dat Group Hug though T_T

Breather issue? I had my brain put through a blender after reading it. Roberts was not joking when he said it could work as a series finale, "all plot threads must go". All that's left is the inevitable
Tarn unmasking next month
and it's almost a clean slate for next season. If I was a bit more paranoid I'd think he's planning to close the series entirely.

I was really sad about MASSIVE SPOILERS DON'T READ
Dominus Ambus, seems like the poor guy can't catch a break. It takes a special kind of bad luck to suffer two different yet equally horrifying fates in as many universes. :(

Tizoc

Breather issue? I had my brain put through a blender after reading it. Roberts was not joking when he said it could work as a series finale, "all plot threads must go". All that's left is the inevitable
Tarn unmasking next month
and it's almost a clean slate for next season. If I was a bit more paranoid I'd think he's planning to close the series entirely.

I was really sad about MASSIVE SPOILERS DON'T READ
Dominus Ambus, seems like the poor guy can't catch a break. It takes a special kind of bad luck to suffer two different yet equally horrifying fates in as many universes. :(

I gotta give them credit for having Domey in the same position from the issue where he fires at Overlord, only this time with Rewind being there to console him.

NEO0MJ

I'm most curious as to
what will become of Megatron at the end of this. And how some other writer will eventually turn him back to his old self :p

Such a major character switching sides doesn't last long unfortunately. Even if he's killed he'll be brought back.

I'm most curious as to
what will become of Megatron at the end of this. And how some other writer will eventually turn him back to his old self :p

Such a major character switching sides doesn't last long unfortunately. Even if he's killed he'll be brought back.

It may not be switching sides, but Cyclonus is still with the Autobots after five years both in real time and series time. And Megatron is still there after two.

Edit: In toys news, I just bit the bullet and preordered Takara Computron and Takara Skids from IaconToys. Bank account am cry.
Also, this pic explains why Powermaster Optimus' helmet looks better than, say, Galvatron's: it's a full helmet, basically a whole hollow head that goes over the titanmaster:

1464464319-f16.jpg

At this point one has to wonder why even bother, and the small head looks pretty terrible color-wise from the side, though I like how (I assume) it's meant to portray Orion Pax. All in all I think having standard sized heads for all sizes was a bad idea, and why I'm only interested in the Deluxes (which, for the most part, look fantastic).

Also, did we know what Titanmaster Brainstorm looked like? I don't think I've seen it before:
PBFepok.jpg

More here including Brainstorm's alt mode:
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/inhand-san-diego-comic-con-2016-exclusive-transformers-titan-force-set-sdcc/35465/
http://tfnd.net/xf/index.php?threads/%E5%8F%B0%E7%81%A3%E5%AD%A9%E4%B9%8B%E5%AF%B6%E8%88%87tfnd%E8%AB%96%E5%A3%87%E4%B8%BB%E8%BE%A6%EF%BC%9A%E8%AE%8A%E5%BD%A2%E9%87%91%E5%89%9B%E6%B3%B0%E5%9D%A6%E4%B9%8B%E6%88%B0%E6%96%B0%E5%93%81%E8%A9%A6%E7%8E%A9%E6%9C%83.36812/#post-319749

Found this and loved it (these two would get along so damn well):
tumblr_nnmsl1yWoM1rpghvco1_r2_500.png

I wonder why the author made a crossover between these two works of fiction. I mean, one of them is an incredibly smart, often funny but sometimes very dark, moving and poignant series about starfaring, ancient, monogendered (drawing very positive reactions from the LBGT community), tech-based inorganic aliens, way beyond human being in physical strength, technology and abilities (all of them can project solid holographic human avatars and change shape, and even combine with each other), chronicling the aftermath of a civil war raging since before the start of human civilization, itself caused by the desire of one side to protect organic life from the other side; while the other is, um... huh.

Drayco21

My heart breaks a little every time we see the final version of that Galvatron. He looked so good initially! But that stupid partial helmet, the hindered articulation, the ridiculous looking upper legs; I was so looking forward to adding a great looking CHUG Galvatron. Hopefully once people start getting them in-hand, they figure out a fix for him.

He looks alright in a real dumb sort of way with the (Apeface? Snapdragon?) Headmaster replacing his default one though.

Also really surprised how into Sentinel and Brainstorm I am; Sentinel did nothing for me as a character so far, so I figured I'd just pick up Astrotrain and be done with it, but something about those in-hand picture call to me, and Brainstorm looks leagues better than Blurr.

Ordered MMC Commotus today, first third party figure for me. If I'm impressed I'll probably order their DJD figures next, while putting in a preorder for their Overlord.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
He's a super solid figure. The scoop things on the front of the tank tend to pop off a lot but it's a minor issue. Worth it to have a Metal Slug tank on the desk.

MMC is one of the best of the third parties. For non-MP style stuff they're unmatched.

Should I have posted pics whoops. Love the colors and design and MP hasn't scratched that Transformer itch for me recently and MMC has always intrigued me. If I like the quality of Commotus will possibly order Hexatron in June

It does look fantastic in both modes. Unfortunately like most third parties, it's well outside my budget. :)

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Haloid pls you can't escape MMC Transformers collecting!

we will both own the entire DJD at some point

Tizoc

Wonder if that Brainstorm figure's chest compartment is hollow :V

Also Robots in Disguise's 2nd season ended recently at 13 episodes. Seems the 3rd (and final?) season ends by Autumn this year.

Wonder what the next TF series will be.

So upon realizing MMC was doing the DJD I started looking around and found out that Cynicus/Vos was sold out everywhere, so I started shopping around and someone on TFW had one MIB never transformed so that's one down. Kaon/Anarchus is up next but thankfully he's still in stock most places.

So I got Commotus/Turmoil this weekend and I'm blown away by how good of a figure he is. The way Hasbro started treating the line I've been only buying MP figures, but MMC is making figures of similar quality of awesome comic characters. I fiddled with him all the time over the weekend, and I honestly haven't enjoyed a TF this much in quite some time. Highly recommend him.

Also grabbed a Fansproject Bruticus set from a local guy for $90 over the weekend. Always been one of my most wanted figures and I couldn't pass on him for the price.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
I don't think they ever made a set that actually features transformers, just transformers inspired color schemes for the vehicles. It seems they once had plans for a real vs line, though.

If this supposed Hasbro Cinematic Universe comes to pass in the next few years, I suspect a real transforming crossover line will be in the cards.

The crossover universe is still going to be separate transformers and GI Joe. Not the idea of Transformers being vehicles for GI Joe. They already did a series crossover once where they did attempt that, all the transformers were redesigned to be GI Joe vehicles that transformed. Like Star Scream was a Cobra Rattler I believe

Faiz

The TF official Facebook page is announcing a new remaster of the film in a 30th Anniversary Edition.

The post as of yet doesn't say whether it is DVD only or if it will be available on Blu-Ray. Fingers crossed.
waste of crossing fingers most likely :(

Ponn

Banned
The TF official Facebook page is announcing a new remaster of the film in a 30th Anniversary Edition.

The post as of yet doesn't say whether it is DVD only or if it will be available on Blu-Ray. Fingers crossed.

Finally, i've been waiting for this announcement for awhile.

Nudull

Banned

There better be a blu-ray, goddamn it.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Extremely good news. As recently as April, Shout was at a complete dead end with it because of Paramount's lack of interest. I don't know what happened to change Paramount's mind, but I'll take it.

yami4ct

Yay...thrust is coming. Boo...it's mall exclusive bullshit =/

All the Coneheads are going to be mall exclusive. Once Ramjet was exclusive, there was no doubt. If you were going to do any of them retail, it's him.

I still hold out a good amount of hope that Hasbro will put them out in the US. They love to release any version of the MP seeker mold they can. We got both Acid Rain and Sunstorm. These are easy to release because they require no additional licensing and are sure to be a big hit with US fans because of their exclusivity in Japan. It's a home run.

Top Bottom