• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers |OT| Transform and roll out...

Drayco21

Read MTMTE 54 spoilers, I just couldn't wait sorry!
So what do you think of Skids' Spark Spasm? Is such a thing just an uncommon thing or is it unique to outliers? And honestly I did expect it to be temporary anyways.
But oh man
Skids
SKIIIIIIIIIIIDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

But bah gawd
DAT FINALE

DAMNIT ROBERS WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DRAG IT OUT LIKE THIS?!?!

I thought everything about the
magical spark super mode
was pretty lame, and kind of a hamfisted way to
help close the loop on another dangling plot thread moreso than actually tell a convincing or good story.

Everything else was pretty godlike though.
That Ratchet-Megatron conversation was the best; I really hope we don't lose Autobot Megs soon.

Tizoc

I thought everything about the
magical spark super mode
was pretty lame, and kind of a hamfisted way to
help close the loop on another dangling plot thread moreso than actually tell a convincing or good story.

Everything else was pretty godlike though.
That Ratchet-Megatron conversation was the best; I really hope we don't lose Autobot Megs soon.

Actually when you think about it
The whole point of the Spark Spasm was to kill off Skids. It at least gave them a quick advantage. I personally would've prefered just a quick normal battle wherein Skids dies in.

I actually think this may be my least favorite arc in the comic. The stakes don't leave a lot of room for the laid back, offbeat tone that I like most in it. Not a whole lot of plot, stretched out for too many issues. In any other comic it would still be amazing, but compare it to previous arcs like Shadowplay, Elegant Chaos or even Remain in Light and it pales.

I very much think this is an unavoidable side effect of, well, being what it is. Again, IMHO, MTMTE is at its best and smartest when it's subtle, calm and unexpected; when the bots are relaxed and opening their hearts (er, spark chambers) to each other, or trying hard not to. A season finale like this, while in some ways necessary, doesn't play to its strengths at all.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
That is some impressive ladder folding trickery.

ZcALG3g.jpg

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
I was at my parents' house this past weekend, and I raided their attic looking for my old Transformers toys. I didn't find all of them (I could only spend so long in the 100+ degree attic), but I did stumble onto some damn nice finds.

I had to have them shipped from IL to CA, and UPS just dropped off the box. Now to get some nice display cabinets for these beauts.

ic17l4a.jpg

Votovwz.jpg

HHGAN1v.jpg

V0CdYTc.jpg

I was at my parents' house this past weekend, and I raided their attic looking for my old Transformers toys. I didn't find all of them (I could only spend so long in the 100+ degree attic), but I did stumble onto some damn nice finds.

I had to have them shipped from IL to CA, and UPS just dropped off the box. Now to get some nice display cabinets for these beauts.

ic17l4a.jpg

Votovwz.jpg

HHGAN1v.jpg

V0CdYTc.jpg

Holy shit!!!! Nice ass find,worth a good amount too!

yami4ct

Curious as to where the real head goes.

Given that you can already see a hollow section for the beast mode chest next to the front legs, I have to assume the fake head rotates out of there and the real head goes into the chest/backpack area. MP Primal pulls a similar trick.

Shipping is a killer, but I figured I would just bite the bullet and get my Titans Return stuff at BBTS. Ordering PM OP, Blaster, Wheelie, Rewind and Blurr. Fort Max will depend on if local shops get him in, I'm not going to pay shipping for that thing!

yami4ct

Got UW Bruticus in today. Best CW Combiner yet. The Hotspot mold is even better as Onslaught, I love the colors and having 4 blades on Vortex just gives him a silhouette that feels more correct. I think it looks especially good in arm mode.

The highlight is obviously Blast Off. That mold has all the problems you've already seen in photos. The brown is obviously incorrect to the G1 color scheme, even though I like it. The chest sticks out a huge amount from any side angle as it's used to accommodate the really wide cockpit piece for transformation and the rest of the chest room is taken up by the combiner peg. Still, it's a great mold. Tons of articulation and places to hold weapons. It even has ankle tilts. The new head sculpt is great. I found it being a little difficulty to get the legs to stay pegged together for arm mode, but it held once I got there. While Blast Off doesn't make the best limb of all the CW series, I think he looks really good and gives a good change from the jet and car limbs.

The back cannons still look a bit small on Bruticus, but better in person. My only really significant complaints are that I wish Takara gave the combaticons a new set of weapons. Bruticus, Onslaught and Brawl really could use their own guns and Swindle really misses his arm cannon. Other than that, I'm glad I waited. Takara did a bang up job with this guy and the base Hasbro molds are all really good. Computron is looking even better and should be a great way to close off the line.

Can't wait for my own UW Bruticus and Computron. I also have to get Hound and / or Wheeljack to complete my Autobot car combiner, but no sign of them in Spain even though we go most of the rest of CW, including Bruticus itself. I guess I'll have to import... again. :/

cr0w

Old Member
I'm not one for third-party or KO Transformers, as the quality is always iffy at best, but I splurged for Wei Jiang's oversized MP-10 and MP-10b as well as the Evasion Mode Prime from Age of Extinction, and they rival if not surpass any official efforts. My mind was blown when I got them in yesterday, especially Evasion Prime.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
I'm not one for third-party or KO Transformers, as the quality is always iffy at best

No argument on the KO stuff, but I wouldn't lump third party in there by any means. In particular, Maketoys, Mastermind Creations, and FansToys are as good as and sometimes better than the official products on a regular basis.

NEO0MJ

No argument on the KO stuff, but I wouldn't lump third party in there by any means. In particular, Maketoys, Mastermind Creations, and FansToys are as good as and sometimes better than the official products on a regular basis.

Considering their price tag they better!

JLynn

I'm not one for third-party or KO Transformers, as the quality is always iffy at best, but I splurged for Wei Jiang's oversized MP-10 and MP-10b as well as the Evasion Mode Prime from Age of Extinction, and they rival if not surpass any official efforts. My mind was blown when I got them in yesterday, especially Evasion Prime.

I love the MPP10. It's just so solid. Add the shoulder emblem and it looks more complete. If you have the space, get the trailer. It works for both MPP10 and M01 and it's equally well done.

The KO stuff these days actually improves on the original. That m01 Commander has been tempting me for months

https://youtu.be/KEn2JngVqhg

Edit: This battle-damaged version has sold me:

https://youtu.be/MKsxO7buE3I
That blows my mind. It doesn't seem too expensive either.

Sorry for double post, but this would be a bit hard to edit in on mobile. Holy shit MP Cheetor reveal.

Making MP Tigertron outta that is gonna take some doing.
Holy shit.

Dinobot next?

JLynn

The KO stuff these days actually improves on the original. That m01 Commander has been tempting me for months

https://youtu.be/KEn2JngVqhg

Edit: This battle-damaged version has sold me:

https://youtu.be/MKsxO7buE3I

I so want the M01. They are also making a black version of that. As for MPP10 they also have the White Magnus and Eva in the works. They say they're considering a MPP10 shattered glass color scheme.

That blows my mind. It doesn't seem too expensive either.

MPP10 complete (Including trailer) averages about $160. M01 regular minteefresh version averages to about $100 on its own. Keep in mind the Trailer comes with Roller, Vector Sigma, and the diecast VS key.

MPP10 complete (Including trailer) averages about $160. M01 regular minteefresh version averages to about $100 on its own. Keep in mind the Trailer comes with Roller, Vector Sigma, and the diecast VS key.

Tempting. You wouldn't happen to know of any shop that ships it to Europe at decent prices?

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Titan Returns Deluxes, Voyagers, and Leaders are popping up at TRUs, Walmarts, and (of all places) Fry's Electronics all over the place. Keep an eye out.

Drayco21

Titan Returns Deluxes, Voyagers, and Leaders are popping up at TRUs, Walmarts, and (of all places) Fry's Electronics all over the place. Keep an eye out.

Aw yiss, it's finally happening! I imagine it'll be another month or two before my local shops really start getting anything, but I'll be keeping my eye out.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Aw yiss, it's finally happening! I imagine it'll be another month or two before my local shops really start getting anything, but I'll be keeping my eye out.

The local TRU had all the new Deluxes and Voyagers. The Leaders are on the way from BBTS, so that's Wave 1 done.

muteki

Great, if they are in California now, should be about 3 months before any show up east coast.

aparisi2274

MP-33 Inferno preorders are up. This guy is a little pricey at $140.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK12371&mode=retail

Still a purchase for me. Ships in November.

I am going to see what Ami Ami is asking for, even though the Yen has taken a shit against the dollar, it still may be cheaper...

I am however looking into purchasing this bad boy for my collection... Has anyone picked this up yet?

ORI10017.jpg

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=ORI10017&mode=retail

Tizoc

Tfgaf i need ur dire assitance so that i may become my youngest nephew's fav. Uncle
He is gonna turn 2 and i ant to get him either a grimlock toy or plush any good ones you would recommend?

NEO0MJ

Tfgaf i need ur dire assitance so that i may become my youngest nephew's fav. Uncle
He is gonna turn 2 and i ant to get him either a grimlock toy or plush any good ones you would recommend?

Congrats on being uncle(again?)

عقبال دورك

Agreed, was one of my sons first Transformers, at about 2 years old in fact. It's a fun toy even if I find the form and function to be sorta sacrilege lol.

Good thing the toy isn't aimed at someone like you :p

Tizoc

Gotta remember to grab Classic Soundwave on early OCt/late Sep for my brother's bday too XP

Congrats on being uncle(again?)

عقبال دورك

Good thing the toy isn't aimed at someone like you :p

Thanks mate :3

Top Bottom