• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers |OT| Transform and roll out...

NEO0MJ

In celebration of getting our favorite psycho here's a panel of him trying to sneak around a tiny ship.

30498933982_65bb67a2f0_o.png

Watch this review.

https://youtu.be/nSnOnQXGhG8

He got me through the really difficult shoulder transformation with ease, even though it wasn't in English. Best video I've found as everyone else struggled to clearly show how in the world you fold all those shoulder joints together and make it work.

Thanks for the video!

Oh my god, I just got it, yea the manual is really useless.

I'm so scared of breaking something. I've seen an example of mistransformation that led to a broken part so I want to be 100% correct when doing it.

Is that TF x MASK?

Rhetorical question. Unless it somehow actually isn't.

Revolution is IDW making all their Hasbro properties tied into the same universe. It's not only MASK X TF, but also GI Joe, Action Man, ROM, and Micronauts. After this event, it's all a connected universe, and there is going to be a post Revolution ongoing series which has members from all franchises together to form a team.... IDW's own little Hasbro Avengers. And of course possible future crossovers. They also using the event as a launching point for new MASK and other property series with no origins. Like Transformers existance ties into the creation of MASK

NEO0MJ

Finished volume 10 of MTMTE. Incredibly badass. Don't understand the epilogue but whatever.

After making the discovery the Necrobot's planet seem have actually been the mold from which Cybertron been cast, the Galactic council teleports what may be a planet destroying bomb.

And I'm having a lot of fun with Carnifex. Couldn't get the Transformation right so I stopped before I accidentally broke something. Also, how do you get the head off? I was too scared to try and pull it out.

Also, bonus Nero Rex. I couldn't fit the combined form in my make-shift studio at all.

You gotta take the screw out of Carnifex'a head to get it off. Can't simply pull it.

Also, MP Primal is shipping from Japan. Ami just shipped mine should be here early next week.

NEO0MJ

You gotta take the screw out of Carnifex'a head to get it off. Can't simply pull it.

Had a feeling that would be the answer but I didn't want to touch it until I was sure.

Now when will we get more Tarn? After that I would be pretty satisfied, unless a good IDW Star Saber, Tyrest, Whirl, or Fortress Maximus show up as well.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
If I had room for two Feral Rexes (which I know I do not), I would totally get the black and purple one, too. It's just a great looking color scheme on those guys and the combined mode is badass. Pictures don't do it justice, really.

Had a feeling that would be the answer but I didn't want to touch it until I was sure.

Now when will we get more Tarn? After that I would be pretty satisfied, unless a good IDW Star Saber, Tyrest, Whirl, or Fortress Maximus show up as well.

At TFCon Chicago, the MMC guys claimed not to know anything about a lower production run than usual on Tarn, and said he's just way more popular than they expected him to be. A second run is planned.

NEO0MJ

Space Scooter

I'm partial to pilot cat :3

30369550730_f12d05af7f_z.jpg

Though seriously he's pretty adorable at times, but I can't help but feel bad about that as well considering how demeaning it is to him.

At TFCon Chicago, the MMC guys claimed not to know anything about a lower production run than usual on Tarn, and said he's just way more popular than they expected him to be. A second run is planned.

Hope they get it done soon.

I hope they manage to get Tarn out in November. I'm even more excited knowing that the entire DJD is planned.

Wonder how they'll handle Helix and Tesarus. Those two are huge. It feels they're wider than they are tall as well.

And you guys made me curious about this Chicagocon and it turns out they're doing Megatron's newest IDW design as well. Looks pretty nice, though I'm not a big fan of the cannon.

Looks like he's a triple changer as well.

IronRinn

Hey TransformersGAF, sorry to interrupt you guys, but I just wanted to say if any of you are looking for any of the Japanese MPs, I'm looking to unload almost all of my remaining collection. Have 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 17-22, and 25-29. I love them, but I just don't have the room for them anymore. Send me a PM if you're interested. Not trying to get crazy money for them, as I know most of them are still available. Figured I would try here first before trying other forums. Thanks and, again, apologies for the commercial interruption.

Hey TransformersGAF, sorry to interrupt you guys, but I just wanted to say if any of you are looking for any of the Japanese MPs, I'm looking to unload almost all of my remaining collection. Have 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 17-23, and 25-29. I love them, but I just don't have the room for them anymore. Send me a PM if you're interested. Not trying to get crazy money for them, as I know most of them are still available. Figured I would try here first before trying other forums. Thanks and, again, apologies for the commercial interruption.

This is the perfect thread for this kind of thing, so as far as I'm concerned you can go right ahead. I'm assuming you live in the US, though, which means I won't be able to help (myself to them).

IronRinn

This is the perfect thread for this kind of thing, so as far as I'm concerned you can go right ahead. I'm assuming you live in the US, though, which means I won't be able to help (myself to them).
Whoops, missed this response. I appreciate the nod of approval. Don't want to trash anyone's thread.

Yep, I'm in the US, unfortunately, but depending on where you are and what shipping speed we use charges might not be too bad?

anyone know more accurately when BBTS/TFsource are getting MP Inferno and Skywarp this month? I want to preorder both, but need to space it out. Would be good to know if one comes earlier in the month, etc.

Thanks for any info!

Hey, you're back from the nether realm, Weltall :D

Awww, it feels good to see one has been missed... or at least noticed to be missing. :D

Whoops, missed this response. I appreciate the nod of approval. Don't want to trash anyone's thread.

Yep, I'm in the US, unfortunately, but depending on where you are and what shipping speed we use charges might not be too bad?

I'm in Europe, so that's a big chunk of cash just for shipping and customs. I don't really make collecting Masterpieces a priority unless I come across good deals (as a consequence I only own one of them, the original MP-01, with two on the way right now).

There are no shortage of TF fans in the US, though, so I think you should be able to find better/more profitable buyers than myself. The thing is that this thread isn't super popular, there aren't a lot of us here, so you might have better luck in a dedicated TF forum or eBay. But do wait for a bit to see if someone here is interested. The one good thing with these things is that they don't devalue quickly (rather the opposite).

You might want to either take pics and upload them, or use stock photos, and make a list with links to them, so that people don't have to look up which one is MP21, etc.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
anyone know more accurately when BBTS/TFsource are getting MP Inferno and Skywarp this month? I want to preorder both, but need to space it out. Would be good to know if one comes earlier in the month, etc.

Thanks for any info!

Really no way to know. Nobody really even knows if they're making it this month at all. At best you usually get a "hey this is showing up soon" warning email from BBTS a few days before a big item comes in.

Edit: Friend of mine in resales says that Inferno is expected November 26th, if that helps. No word on Skywarp.

IronRinn

I'm in Europe, so that's a big chunk of cash just for shipping and customs. I don't really make collecting Masterpieces a priority unless I come across good deals (as a consequence I only own one of them, the original MP-01, with two on the way right now).

There are no shortage of TF fans in the US, though, so I think you should be able to find better/more profitable buyers than myself. The thing is that this thread isn't super popular, there aren't a lot of us here, so you might have better luck in a dedicated TF forum or eBay. But do wait for a bit to see if someone here is interested. The one good thing with these things is that they don't devalue quickly (rather the opposite).

You might want to either take pics and upload them, or use stock photos, and make a list with links to them, so that people don't have to look up which one is MP21, etc.
Yeah, I'll probably make my way over to TFW2005 or something at some point but I figured I would try here first, as I've had consistently good experiences selling to GAFers (and I haven't been active on TFW2005 in a looooooooooong time). Been slowly making my way through photographing everything and I'll probably drop a post in the B/S/T thread when I get through it all and post a link here. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it!

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Hey TransformersGAF, sorry to interrupt you guys, but I just wanted to say if any of you are looking for any of the Japanese MPs, I'm looking to unload almost all of my remaining collection. Have 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 17-23, and 25-29. I love them, but I just don't have the room for them anymore. Send me a PM if you're interested. Not trying to get crazy money for them, as I know most of them are still available. Figured I would try here first before trying other forums. Thanks and, again, apologies for the commercial interruption.

I'm interested in 11 and 23, especially if 23 is unmodified.

Reading the IDW Collections, I just finished MTMTE #14-16.

Ow. My feels.

This series is definitely making me buy some figures. Oh, how convenient - it's the figures that have been released these past few years.

Is there somewhere I can get Chromedome and the latest Arcee at a reasonable price? BBTS has them, but only in packs with other figures that I don't really need.

Drayco21

Chromedome is hitting retail right now, so your best bet is to wait for Amazon to get them in stock for retail, or hit up local stores.

Arcee was from a wave that didn't get much retail penetration and was scalped pretty thoroughly at the time, and while her prices have dropped, you'll probably have to pay some upcharge for her- though there's rumors a new one will be coming in Titan's Return.

Really no way to know. Nobody really even knows if they're making it this month at all. At best you usually get a "hey this is showing up soon" warning email from BBTS a few days before a big item comes in.

Edit: Friend of mine in resales says that Inferno is expected November 26th, if that helps. No word on Skywarp.

Takara Transformers are almost always the last week of the month, if that helps.

Thanks boys! Gotta prep the wallet....just informed that my MP Thrust is waiting for me at my parents house...BBTS had an old address on file, woops. Thankfully I'm headed there this weekend!

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Chromedome is hitting retail right now, so your best bet is to wait for Amazon to get them in stock for retail, or hit up local stores.

Arcee was from a wave that didn't get much retail penetration and was scalped pretty thoroughly at the time, and while her prices have dropped, you'll probably have to pay some upcharge for her- though there's rumors a new one will be coming in Titan's Return.

There's also that Platinum Autobot Heroes set coming that's a Target Exclusive. Yeah, you gotta buy Magnus, Springer, Blurr, and Kup along with her but hey, those are all great figures.

Got thrust in. My jet army is almost complete. His face sculpt is pure win. Only downside is that his waist is hella floppy, but some paper wedged in the back fixed it enough. He was the only jet I had as a kid

byDcrwh.jpg

NEO0MJ

So any news on when MTMTE will continue?

Got thrust in. My jet army is almost complete. His face sculpt is pure win. Only downside is that his waist is hella floppy, but some paper wedged in the back fixed it enough. He was the only jet I had as a kid

Where are their heads hidden?

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
The Revolution stuff is its own continuity, separate from the mainline IDW TFverse. Roberts doesn't seem to tolerate much interference in his stories, anyway. If something that top-down ever happens I suspect he'll walk.

The Revolution stuff is its own continuity, separate from the mainline IDW TFverse.

Um, nope. I mean, I sure wish it was, but it doesn't get much more in-universe than its timeline including actual issues of the core series themselves.

Roberts doesn't seem to tolerate much interference in his stories, anyway. If something that top-down ever happens I suspect he'll walk.

I suspect Roberts has much less power in the grand scheme of things than that, unfortunately. No way he's going to walk away from Transformers considering how much fun he's having with it. The good news is that Hasbro seems to get it, hence they leaving him alone during Combiner Wars.

The Revolution stuff is its own continuity, separate from the mainline IDW TFverse. Roberts doesn't seem to tolerate much interference in his stories, anyway. If something that top-down ever happens I suspect he'll walk.

No it's all same continuity now. But most of the current IDW TFverse stuff takes place many years after the events of Revolution, so for that reason alot of it is gonna be ignored in most of the books most likely. It doesn't really matter, post Revolution event, each franchise is going to have it's own separate books, the point simply is to have a combined universe for some cross over potential, and for the new ongoing book coming out where members of each franchise form an IDW like Avengers Hasbro team. Were not gonna see GI Joe hanging around the transformers all the time, it was just for the event and them establishing the combined universe.

The road to revolution primer book and such features all IDW TFverse stuff and how it ties into iit. The whole point of the 100+ page primer book was to show all the key stories from the individual series and how it all ties into the point of the Revolution. Transformers pretty much just all the phase 1 era TFverse stuff anyways. But again most of the current TF books take place in time period outside the revolution period, so they can just ignore it all until IDW forces them to do crossovers, but like the Lost Light stuff is set so far into the future it is pretty much safe from any hasbroverse stuff.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Um, nope. I mean, I sure wish it was, but it doesn't get much more in-universe than its timeline including actual issues of the core series themselves.

Well, you can tell I haven't bothered to read them in full yet and was just going off hearsay. Too bad they inflict that on IDW and so far seem to be leaving the Bay disasters alone in this regard.

I suspect Roberts has much less power in the grand scheme of things than that, unfortunately. No way he's going to walk away from Transformers considering how much fun he's having with it.

Well exactly. If it stops being fun, he could get a job anywhere in the comic industry. It's only his love for the TF material that has kept him from being stolen away years ago, I suspect.

Savitar

I'm partial to pilot cat :3

30369550730_f12d05af7f_z.jpg

Though seriously he's pretty adorable at times, but I can't help but feel bad about that as well considering how demeaning it is to him.

It reminds me of something long ago......

hqdefault.jpg

......but maybe it was all just a dream.

Well, you can tell I haven't bothered to read them in full yet and was just going off hearsay. Too bad they inflict that on IDW and so far seem to be leaving the Bay disasters alone in this regard.

I actually haven't read them either (don't intend to get them, they're reportedly pretty bad), but the synopsis from the TFWiki leaves little doubt about their canonicity regarding the current ongoings (beware spoilers in that page for recent events on Earth like
Prime's annexation
, in fact).

Well exactly. If it stops being fun, he could get a job anywhere in the comic industry. It's only his love for the TF material that has kept him from being stolen away years ago, I suspect.

Conversely, he might not output the same quality when writing for something else he isn't as passionate about, making it not that smart to try stealing him away. Anyhow, Hasbro seems to understand MTMTE is a more mature comic with a more delicate balance; besides the aforementioned Combiner Wars not affecting MTMTE, the MTMTE -> Lost Light switch seems precisely timed to entirely avoid Revolution. It was affected by Titans Return and even poked a bit of fun at it if memory serves, but the result was of the same outstanding quality as the rest of MTMTE so I'm not complaining.

Damnit Weltall Zero, I told you not to mess with them Final Fantasy gurls, gurl.

Yep, apparently Gravity Rush is an RPG now. I vote we take that now utterly meaningless label out back and shoot it.

Or better yet, do this. It's pretty awesome how tabooing "art" dissolves the eternal discussion of "are videogames art" into nothingness (or rather, reveals how literally meaningless it always was).

NEO0MJ

So the other day in the Seibertron news, there was one with people's customs and this was the very first pic (you might want to click on it to see the details, it's rather big and not cropped).
For reference here's how he looks originally (and remember he's super tiny):

And of course the petty bragger in myself couldn't help but want to post here my own effort for comparison's sake:
It's interesting how in taking the pic I noticed some errors that aren't noticeable, not only to the naked eye, but to the magnifying glasses I used. I should take similar pics of all my repainted Titan Masters for this very reason.

Top Bottom