• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers War for Cybertron |OT|

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
The leveling was ridiculous...I got so many people to listen to me on both sides during conquest, that Decepti-creeps went A-B-C, while Autobuts went C-A-B, just kept going in circles, saved my ass almost 50+ hours of xp leveling (double xp bonus was in effect)

GraveRobberX said:
The leveling was ridiculous...I got so many people to listen to me on both sides during conquest, that Decepti-creeps went A-B-C, while Autobuts went C-A-B, just kept going in circles, saved my ass almost 50+ hours of xp leveling (double xp bonus was in effect)

I totally did this too during a 4x weekend to get my soldier up to max level. I really, really hated playing as that class.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
divisionbyzorro said:
I totally did this too during a 4x weekend to get my soldier up to max level. I really, really hated playing as that class.

MAXIMUM_BROFIST_by_Defiant_Ant.png

Great game, loved it immensely, the MP felt fun to level up in, but that *steep xp curve*, it went from "COD" from level 1-10 to Korean MMO from "11-25" aka Grindfest

<3 The Scientist, less health, but flying around, spot enemy, swoop in, do the shockwave/knockback ability, half a clip later, get kill/points, transform, look for next victim

george_us

Picked this up on the cheap yesterday and I've almost at the end of the game, the campaign is awesome. Really can't wait to see what High Moon does with WFC2!

chicnstu

Neo Member
Idea: Transformers: War for Cybertron was originally Metal Arms 2 or uses much of the original's engine/talent.

So, in 2003, a game called Metal Arms: Glitch in the System was released. It was loved by most that played it and they all really wanted a sequel. The developer, Swingin' Ape Studios, was busy working on Starcraft: Ghost when they were acquired by Blizzard in May 2005. Eventually the Activision Blizzard merger happened and Swingin' Ape Studios, along with Starcraft: Ghost, was never to be seen again.

In January 2006, Vivendi (the original owner of Blizzard) acquired another developer, High Moon Studios. So, in this time, that puts both Swingin' Ape Studios and High Moon Studios under Vivendi before the eventual merger with Activision.

Then, in 2010, Transformers: War for Cybertron was released by publisher Activision and...developer High Moon Studios. The game was a pretty big hit with a lot of praise.

So, what happened to Swingin' Ape Studios? Was the talent moved to High Moon Studios? It sure seems like it when you compare Metal Arms to Transformers: War for Cybertron. Just a few things:

- Both are games about robots with vehicle segments (though this wouldn't stand out if it weren't for other connections)
- Both game's shotguns are called the Scatter Blaster
- Finally, compare the character movement:

Metal Arms:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW_IWkryNLI#t=40

Transformers: War for Cybertron:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt68BX8eieY#t=92

MaLDo

If you check back in the thread, I believe they figured out a way to unlock the FPS.

So I almost have everybody to Level 15. I managed to break through the barrier and start kicking ass with the Scientist, so that went pretty quickly, but the Scout has been painful. I really need some double XP...

Megabump.

My son just started to play Transformers games so I bought all of them.

War of Cybertron has a 30 fps lock that can be bypassed using FPS Unlocker from Psych.

The problem is that this hack breaks the texture streaming process so you have to play with lots of blurry assets.

I found an edited coalesced.ini that claims to fix this problems but doesn't. It does nothing when you use FPS Unlocker.

So I've created a new one that fixes the problem.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=13931224005005682548

Copy it in [Steam folder]steamappscommonTransformers War for CybertronTransGameConfigPCCooked

Top Bottom