• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers War for Cybertron |OT|

It's really starting to sink in just how much further I have to go =/

Scout: 18.5
Scientist: 16.5
Soldier: 25 (yay!)
Leader: 16.5

Level 19 is approximately the halfway point. By this calculation, I'm not even halfway there yet :( And that's with 1.5 days played! I'm obviously far too cautious; I like my 1.6 K/D, but my XP is just too low. I need double XP - now!

JohngPR

Had fun playing with you Alexel. Hopefully we can play again soon. Not sure if I'll be playing TF tonight....might be playing Madden depending on if a few of my friends want to play that. If not I'm game for some more Double XP action.

:)

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
This game is really awesome. Only complain is that obviously Cybertron itself is boring as feck. One giant level.

But man.. really great game.

Hey alexel - sorry I keep ignoring your invites! You keep picking the most inopportune times for me! (i.e., right when I'm about to go offline) :lol

Today has been the best day of WFC for me since I started playing. I currently sit at 21-21-21-25, and I've had some of the best Conquest matches of my life. 20-0 sniping on Streets, 29-1 as a disguise class on Seed of Corruption, and 45-5 with a frag-launching leader on Complex (I got 19.5k XP from that match!).

I tell you what - I'm going to miss double XP. This is how fast the leveling should have gone in the first place! Base leveling is just way too slow!

EDIT: Actually, I guess the truth is somewhere in the middle. Base leveling is too slow, but this pace is a little fast for regular play. Something akin to 1.5XP should have been the baseline.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Spread the word. This game is awesome. It needs to sell!!!

We need someone to make a G.I. Joe game in this exact manner!! Go 80s!!

It's amazing how even 4x XP still isn't able to draw out any more than 3.5k players on 360. This game really is dying :( On the plus side, I finally got to max level! I have 4000 kills, 2100 deaths, which I figure is pretty good. I'm tempted to just main the Leader class until I reach a 2.0 K/D :lol

And now it's time to experience the rest that this game has to offer. I still haven't finished the campaign or even touched Escalation!

alexel

I'm bored and looking to play with some gaffers online. Please reply back in this thread if you're interested. My gamertag is: A New Brototype.

I tried playing some today just to see what it was like. Every single game I joined had LunatiicWolf (the guy who is #1 on the leaderboards) in it, and he was always on the other team. Yeah - I gave up pretty quickly. I think I'm completely done with multiplayer.

Escalation, on the other hand, is freakin' awesome.

I just finished the Autobot campaign of this game and went back to the Decepticon campaign instead of going from Chapter I through. I absolutely loved this game. I don't know if it was the low expectations or the giddy fanboy in me, but fuck (half) this game was awesome. Only reached Chapter II of the Decepticon game so far.

You will never know what true ass-kicking feels like until you've slaughtered enemies to "Instruments of Destruction."

Whimsical Phil said:
According to the game's Facebook page, there will be quadruple XP bonuses this weekend (from 8/20 to 8/22).

wow how did I miss this? blast. :-( oh well wouldnt of mattered any way. My PS3 got fried a few days before that.

divisionbyzorro said:
It's amazing how even 4x XP still isn't able to draw out any more than 3.5k players on 360. This game really is dying :( On the plus side, I finally got to max level! I have 4000 kills, 2100 deaths, which I figure is pretty good. I'm tempted to just main the Leader class until I reach a 2.0 K/D :lol

And now it's time to experience the rest that this game has to offer. I still haven't finished the campaign or even touched Escalation!

thats it on 360? I thought there would be a lot more. there were around 2,000-2,300 when I last played on PS3.

REV 09

DLC 2 will be available on Sep 7th (this Tuesday) according to the in-game menu feed.

LTTP: Decepticon campaign was kinda meh, really liked the autobot one though. The multi is surprisingly awesome. Really digging it and i think i may even "keep it" from Gamefly. I know Reach is coming soon, and i'll obviously be into that, but i am super impressed with the multi in this game.

Anyone still play this? None of my friends have it. add me if you want. GT: REV 09

so they're going to separate the pathetically small player base even more? fucking brillant.

there had better be a fix for the way players without the DLC are handled because i'm not buying anymore map-packs for this game. i was already dumb enough to buy the first one out of frustration.

Saiduck09

Neo Member
wow another dlc pack out of nowhere like that? thats really surprising, id expect them to be leaked one a time like the first time around - i really hope its worth it! its the most fun ive had online since halo 3

Saiduck09

Neo Member
hmm im a little bummed i was hoping for 5 new characters like last time, granted those were mostly just pre-order bonus guys but still, still will get this tho

Day never, just two characters....... Boo-urns

EDIT: You know what this franchise needs, stealth multiplayer. A mode similar to Assasin's Breed Brotherhood's multiplayer. The entire pont of Robots in disguise is to blend in (on Earth at least). So why can I blend in traffic as a vehicle in an attempt to take down other players? Obviously WFC setting wouldn't support this but a possivle sequel on earth would be neat. A mode like this might add some longevity to online play

bumpkin

REV 09 said:
DLC 2 trailer http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-dlc-transformers-war/704022

2 characters: Dead End and Zeta Prime
5 maps (not sure if multi or escalation)

out tomorrow...no price announced. probably $10.
It's good to see new DLC coming, but I still hate that in order to play the game online now, you basically need the first DLC pack. It's near impossible to find matches where it's not necessary. With this second pack, I can see the problem happening all over again. That's not even counting the fact there's less than 2500k players online (on 360) at any given time.

I primed, got the achievement, and stopped. I played 2+ days, loving every second of it, but after the 4x weekend it started getting a little stale. The remaining players are just too good; I got tired of dodging the players at the top of the leaderboards in each match. I'll leave my 2.0 K/D intact, thanks :lol

So now I'm finishing up the rest of the campaign and miscellaneous achievements. Still a great game; best thing all summer.

REV 09

The new download will give you 5 new maps to get stuck into the multiplayer combat. Horizon, Sector and Metropolis (that should have been Metroplex surely?) or fend of waves of Autobots in Static and Decepticons in Pulse, the two new escalation mode maps. To go with the new maps you’ll get two new transformers to choose from, Zeta Prime and Dead End. The new DLC will set you back 800 MS points and is available today.
3 mp maps
2 escalation maps
2 characters
$10
available now on 360...not sure about PSN.

divisionbyzorro said:
I primed, got the achievement, and stopped. I played 2+ days, loving every second of it, but after the 4x weekend it started getting a little stale. The remaining players are just too good; I got tired of dodging the players at the top of the leaderboards in each match. I'll leave my 2.0 K/D intact, thanks :lol

So now I'm finishing up the rest of the campaign and miscellaneous achievements. Still a great game; best thing all summer.

Yeah such a shame more people aren't playing the multi, doubt I will get the new DLC as the multi is all but dead.

Kusagari

Mikasangelos said:
i popped it in the other day to play online and almost each playlist had less than 30 people playing.......no bueno :(

Yeah, I've been trying to play the MP of this but the playlist totals are just depressing. Did it sell THAT bad?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Kusagari said:
Yeah, I've been trying to play the MP of this but the playlist totals are just depressing. Did it sell THAT bad?

It didn't sell bad for a licensed game, but I fear this is also the curse of console multiplayer games. We are coming to see that online communities don't usually stick with them unless they are the true genre king titles and can generate a player base in the millions.

Miggytronz

Kaijima said:
It didn't sell bad for a licensed game, but I fear this is also the curse of console multiplayer games. We are coming to see that online communities don't usually stick with them unless they are the true genre king titles and can generate a player base in the millions.

this.

i purchased this game at a local gamestop 1 week after release and the manager told me even after 1 week it was selling great.

for those without the maps do they still get kicked to the main menu when they join a game playing the new DLC?

that shit is beyond unacceptable and should have been fixed.

X-Frame

I just hope that T:WFC did well enough to warrant a sequel with a lot more content - but hopefully next time they actually gives players the means to contact them. Fake e-mail addresses and inactive social channels isn't the best way to go .. they released the game and then went dark unless I missed something.

JTran2003

hey i just got this game the beginning of this week and have been enjoying it. Just finished the Deceptacon campaign and now working on the Autobot campaign. Started multiplayer and it is very fun but i dont know the maps, classes, or weapons very well so hoping campaign play will help with some of that... (probably not with maps though) Im on the PS3 if any gaffers still play. Im usually online at night so hit me up: JTran2003

JTran2003

WickedLaharl said:
for those without the maps do they still get kicked to the main menu when they join a game playing the new DLC?

that shit is beyond unacceptable and should have been fixed.

I do... wish they would fix that...

Kusagari said:

No, but there were quite a few things that kept this game from catching on in popularity:

• There are some balance issues (of course, what game doesn't have a balance issue or two).
  • The game is very difficult to get the hang of - it is not noob friendly at all. And since there isn't a "boot camp" playlist for low level players, you tend to get completely slaughtered when you first start playing.
  • Games tend to be laggy and the matchmaking system kinda sucks.
  • Later perks are vastly superior to early perks. Heavy Weapons, Rage, and Friendly Fire come to mind immediately. This wouldn't be so bad except...
  • It takes forever and a half to level up. The average player is going to require 2-3 days of playtime (excluding XP multiplier weekends) to reach max level.
  • There are only 6 maps shipped on disc, all of which pretty much look the same.
  • It's not called "Call of Duty," "Battlefield," or "Halo." And most people don't buy a game called "Transformers" for multiplayer (a feature which I wouldn't even have bothered to look at if it wasn't for Arthur Gies on RebelFM).

I'm really glad I maxed out when I did. It was really enjoyable while the community was large enough to keep it going. Hopefully they can learn some of their lessons and make a sequel. I actually think that a $15 XBLA multiplayer-only edition of this game could do quite well, especially if it were paired with a Summer of Arcade type of promotion (look how well Monday Night Combat is doing!).

X-Frame

I think the biggest thing is how long it takes the level up. I know that if it was about 50% quicker I would've definitely finished leveling everyone up - but I played every day when I got it for a couple weeks and still haven't reached max level.

After a while I just got sick of the grinding, the lag, terrible MM, that I stopped playing. I haven't played in a while though so I can't say if they improved the MM and online lag.

X-Frame said:
I think the biggest thing is how long it takes the level up. I know that if it was about 50% quicker I would've definitely finished leveling everyone up - but I played every day when I got it for a couple weeks and still haven't reached max level.

After a while I just got sick of the grinding, the lag, terrible MM, that I stopped playing. I haven't played in a while though so I can't say if they improved the MM and online lag.

They never did. You still find yourself spending more time looking for matches than playing them half the time.

X-Frame

divisionbyzorro said:
They never did. You still find yourself spending more time looking for matches than playing them half the time.
Thats just what I mean. I'm not buying any DLC until they fix the problems the game launched with. But if it hasn't happened already, it never will.

Consider this my "farewell" post to this thread. I just finished up the achievements; I sit with 1000/1000. It took all summer (mainly because of all of the multiplayer levelups), but I finally conquered this game. I'll keep it around to help some of my friends out with the campaign on hard co-op, but once they're done, this is going to GameStop.

Best game of the summer. Too bad that's all it will be.

Top Bottom