• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers War for Cybertron |OT|

woodypop

Saw this on clearance for $20 at Target. Worth it for the single-player?

(Big fan of G1 here, and not at all interested in multi-player.)

the chris

woodypop said:

If you love G1, I would definitely get it. Kind of a short ride though.

mollipen

woodypop said:

Hmm. For others out there, is there still a decently-sized online community for this? I always wanted to get into the multiplayer for this as I adored the demo, but I never had a chance to and am now wondering if it's too late to really appreciate. Do I jump in, or just wait until the sequel?

woodypop said:

I rather liked it (as a G1 fan)

for $20, i think it's worth it

woodypop

Looks like Target's gonna get a sale. Though it'll have to wait til tomorrow, cause they close in an hour and I'm busy watching The Amazing Race right now. =D

(I hope the retail exclusive/pre-order characters are available as dlc.)

EDIT: hrm, dlc pack 1 seems kinda pricey if I want it just for the characters. But SHOCKWAVE!!11!!1)

Vormund

shidoshi said:
Hmm. For others out there, is there still a decently-sized online community for this? I always wanted to get into the multiplayer for this as I adored the demo, but I never had a chance to and am now wondering if it's too late to really appreciate. Do I jump in, or just wait until the sequel?

Not a big community by any means, but a consistent and dedicated one.

Only speaking of 360 though, no idea of PS3. (PC is dead afaik)

Hey guys,

just bought this fantastic game and I am pretty satisfied, if there wouldn't be freezes like hell!

The game froze like 10times on me already and i am only half through the campaign.
I am currently fighting against Omega Supreme for the 4th time -.-

Is there any known solution to handle this problem? Can't believe this wasn't patched, or was it?

Hopefully someone can bring me salvation.

bubnbob said:
Sounds like a console or disc issue. I certainly had no freezing issues.

Problem is I have a pretty new Slim and I had no problems with Killzone 3, Assassins Creed 2 or Dead Space 2 so far and I played these games in bigger portions than Transformers and never had a freeze.

Also after googling for a solution, it seems like many people had this issue a year ago, but I can't find an answer, if this is solvable :/

Damn it...

Wow - this thread again? I'm getting all nostalgic now; I spent my whole summer in 2010 getting 1000/1000 in this game :)

On the current question: I did have occasional freezing, but only during multiplayer - never during the campaign. I'd guess it's a disc or console issue :(

X-Frame

divisionbyzorro said:
Wow - this thread again? I'm getting all nostalgic now; I spent my whole summer in 2010 getting 1000/1000 in this game :)

On the current question: I did have occasional freezing, but only during multiplayer - never during the campaign. I'd guess it's a disc or console issue :(
Awww, me too. Couldn't wait for this game but sadly the online performance was lacking and it just died. Only a couple hundred people online months after release -- bet it's like 20 people now.

X-Frame said:
Awww, me too. Couldn't wait for this game but sadly the online performance was lacking and it just died. Only a couple hundred people online months after release -- bet it's like 20 people now.

There are still 300-900 people on XBL during daily from a few weeks ago when I played it.
Had no trouble during that time to get into games.

Oh for crying the heck out loud.

Just bought this along with Vanquish for $20 a pop.
It's nice having a good Transformers game after 5463463607904 years.

Hopefully more people hear about this price-drop.
I've noticed that Lost Planet 2 got a bump in its community thanks to its Games on Demand release ($20) a few days ago.

An-Det said:
It is $20 new at Amazon right now.

Cool!

bubnbob said:
$20 at Best Buy this week

Even better!

woodypop said:
I think it was like $10 at Fry's last weekend (or sometime very recently).

No Fry's within driving distance.

I checked Froogle before I wrote that post and those prices did not show up at that time, at least not in the "main" entry for the game. Now they are. Thanks guys.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Sorry to bump this thread, but why did the online support for this game die off so quickly? I will never platinum this game because of those MP trophies. They haven't done an XP event since last year...what gives? The worst part is that there's no official forum for this game and instead only an e-mail where you can send in stuff. I've e-mailed them before about making another XP event, but no avail. I really do like this game's online mode even if it is laggy as hell the majority of the time and the constant 'the host has quit/you have lost connection to the host' where you don't even get the XP for the match you played in.

I really hope the next game has better support from the developers. It's a shame because War for Cybertron is an excellent game that deserved better attention from gamers and the developers themselves and this is coming from someone who doesn't even like Transformers in the first place!

So I impulse-bought this on D2D out of nostalgia and hearing good stuff about it. Turns out you can't re-asign the keyboard layout! WTF? Can't use WASD, since I have my movement keys aligned (think QWE) and just screws me over all the time.

I tried 3rd party work-arounds (keyboard reassignment basically) but haven't had any luck with it, so I'm stuck playing with my pad - blergh. Apart from that seems pretty decent.

Miggytronz

Rewrite said:
Sorry to bump this thread, but why did the online support for this game die off so quickly? I will never platinum this game because of those MP trophies. They haven't done an XP event since last year...what gives? The worst part is that there's no official forum for this game and instead only an e-mail where you can send in stuff. I've e-mailed them before about making another XP event, but no avail. I really do like this game's online mode even if it is laggy as hell the majority of the time and the constant 'the host has quit/you have lost connection to the host' where you don't even get the XP for the match you played in.

I really hope the next game has better support from the developers. It's a shame because War for Cybertron is an excellent game that deserved better attention from gamers and the developers themselves and this is coming from someone who doesn't even like Transformers in the first place!

Highly agree!

This game will go down in history as a sleeper game. I had a blast in its prime when I played with some gaffers.

bumpkin

Rewrite said:

The online portion is fun for the most part... I spent most of my time playing Escalation.

bitoriginal

Rewrite said:

Even when the game was brand new, it only ever said there were about 3000 people playing online during peak times. I always thought that was an incredibly low number of players for a brand new game.

Khal_B

What's the verdict on the MP aspect of the game? I'm contemplating whether to get this for me and my friends on the current steam sale, but only if the MP is worth it.

Khal_B said:
What's the verdict on the MP aspect of the game? I'm contemplating whether to get this for me and my friends on the current steam sale, but only if the MP is worth it.

Own it on XBox and its some of the most fun I've ever had. I'm tempted to buy it again for PC.

Mikasangelos said:
Theres no thread for it but does anyone have any info on Dark of the Moon game? Same engine? Multiplayer? Anything?

Same engine, same studio, but it sucked because they were on a deadline with the movie

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
MP was fun when the game was released. Sadly, the PC player population wasn't high to begin with and I've heard it really plummet later...

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Well, if the MP get's populated I might come back as well. Anyway, I forgot to mention cheaters - there were some back in the day, don't know what's the situation now.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
OH MY GOD. THEY FINALLY LISTENED!

News for War for Cybertron players. In response to strong feedback from you our loyal players, we will be changing the multi-player XP settings to earn 5 times faster than normal - forever! This effects War for Cybertron only on Xbox 360, PS3, & PC. New players this is a great chance to get in and level FAST!

5x XP baby! Oh fucking YEAH! I was wondering what was up since I was leveling up so fast! Thank you!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Strider2K99 said:
Hmmm, very nice. I've had a copy in my backlog for awhile now, maybe this will give it an excuse to start playing it.
You should definitely play it. I love the single player campaign. Remember, you can play the whole campaign with up to two different people. It's so awesome. The multiplayer is very buggy/laggy, but I love it. This is the best news ever. Getting the platinum doesn't seem like it's an impossible task anymore!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I finally managed to get my platinum yesterday! Man, that 5x XP forever is the greatest thing in the world. I also noticed a big jump in players in multiplayer. Previously it'd be around 200-300 active players, but I've seen the count go up to 900 nowadays! Insane!

Rewrite said:
I finally managed to get my platinum yesterday! Man, that 5x XP forever is the greatest thing in the world. I also noticed a big jump in players in multiplayer. Previously it'd be around 200-300 active players, but I've seen the count go up to 900 nowadays! Insane!

One of the biggest problems with WFC multiplayer was that high-level perks were significantly better than low-level perks, and that it took forever to level up. Glad to see they finally figured this out...over a year after release! I spent my entire summer last year grinding this game out to max level; I'm kinda sad now that I've already sold it back.

I was mulling over playing this again only yesterday (went with SSFIV instead though). I only really have the multiplayer stuff left to do. Haven't even tried escalation.

I need to get back into this as it's one of the only online multiplayer experiences I've REALLy enjoyed when playing with randoms. Usually I stick to playing online with friends only, with the exception of fighting games.

RAWK!

dankir

See You Next Wednesday said:
This just convinced me to pop the game back in.

I took me forever to reach level 5 & quit after that.

Heh took me a month pretty much daily to get to level 100.

That with one weekend XP multipliers.

I didn't think I would for for Level 100 across all classes but the game was really fun, I had a sick group of friends to play with too.

It's a shame they told me DOTM was terrible.

radeonxt

Hello,

Does multiplayer have offline bots?

Is coop also possible offline or with system link? I don't have Xbox live gold because I've got very litte spare time to play online.

Thanks

sorry about my english.

Damn this game is so much fun online.

I usually suck at multiplayer but I've been doing really well for myself most games(averaging a 4 to 1 kill/death ratio). The XP multiplayer is lovely, it feels like winning the lotto every time I get a kill.

Oh man I was so hyped for this game before it came out. I played the crap out of that multiplayer demo but I think I kinda burned myself out on it before the actual release. I finished the campaign twice over for all the achievements but never really got into the multiplayer or Escalation side of things. Probably because I had no one to play with at the time. Anyone on 360 feel like getting back into it?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
One of my favourite games from last year! Multi was a real breath of fresh air. Nothing like shotgunning some punk, capturing a base, then turning into a goddam plane and afterburnering to the next one and unleashing an AoE shockwave.

Clearly the Starhawk devs were impressed ;)

Vormund

Barrow Roll said:
Oh man I was so hyped for this game before it came out. I played the crap out of that multiplayer demo but I think I kinda burned myself out on it before the actual release. I finished the campaign twice over for all the achievements but never really got into the multiplayer or Escalation side of things. Probably because I had no one to play with at the time. Anyone on 360 feel like getting back into it?

Yeah I'm on 360, play it every now and then, and theres still people playing thankfully.

my GT is Vormund

radeonxt

radeonxt said:
Hello,

Does multiplayer have offline bots?

Is coop also possible offline or with system link? I don't have Xbox live gold because I've got very litte spare time to play online.

Thanks

sorry about my english.

This, is this game better for xbox 360 or PC?

I've got a laptop with: core i5-460M & Radeon HD5650 4GB Ram. No xbox 360 controller for pc though...

I'll buy it from a friend at 8€, doest it have any kind of DLC included on the box, that i'll should ask for?

thanks.

Top Bottom