• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TRAVOLTA IS ON 3 CHANNELS AT ONCE! ESPN NFL IS IN! (aka the ESPN love thread)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I'm on XBL now; feel free to add me and/or challenge me.

Gamertag: Astro Ladders

Haven't played a game online since 2K1 on the DC, but this rocks (though I am pretty mediocre right now).

KarishBHR

AstroLad said:
I'm on XBL now; feel free to add me and/or challenge me.

Gamertag: Astro Ladders

Haven't played a game online since 2K1 on the DC, but this rocks (though I am pretty mediocre right now).

Hey I got your request... and accepted, but I saw you dont have mic, thats not cool

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
if anyone wants to add me also, i'm always up for a good challenge. my tag is 'she bangs', sans quotes. i'm so far 5-1 and ranked in the mid-1000s i think. ugh.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
KarishBHR said:
Hey I got your request... and accepted, but I saw you dont have mic, thats not cool

Nah, I have it; I just haven't used it yet. Is there "voice masking" or some crap in every Live game (or this one), or is it just a crappy mic, any way to make it just your normal voice? My bro said it sucked in Crimson Skies and the few voices I heard over the speakers sounded kind of odd.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
etiolate said:
wtf, Jamie Kennedy just challenged me to a game and blurted out a bunch of lame jokes while getting his ass kicked.

If I didn't know better, I'd think that feature was intended to be a parody of Madden.

KarishBHR

AstroLad said:
Nah, I have it; I just haven't used it yet. Is there "voice masking" or some crap in every Live game (or this one), or is it just a crappy mic, any way to make it just your normal voice? My bro said it sucked in Crimson Skies and the few voices I heard over the speakers sounded kind of odd.

Umm... its everyones normal voice unless they choose otherwise

Ramirez

Man I can never get anyone to talk to me on ESPN...only one time and that was Cloudy,and my friends had put it on a dumbass Robot mask the night before without me knowin it,so that was gay,heh.I talk to people all the time in CS & SC...

Fifty

Anyone else think that outside running can be a bit too effective in this game? The LBs get "stuck" on the WRs going from the middle to the sides to stop a run. It's pretty shitty.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Musashi Wins! said:
The weekly prep feature is a little annoying. It offers you a lot of choice while being a little tiresome and boring.

Not at all. Just use it to screw with your players' heads. Make your tight ends do ballet all day, every day before a big match. Put your DTs on the Atkins diet. Go into the pre-game meeting praising the team for their success, hand out a game ball, then storm out in a rage. Hours of fun...

Seriously, though, some of the options in this game scare me. Customised endzone celebrations? Individual pre-game practice schedules? Hell, it's going to take a month or two just to simulate the pre-season...

I'm also disappointed that the Jaguars roster doesn't have Seth Marler on it. I wanted to have the lowest ranked player in the game on there, just for bragging rights.

EekTheKat

I feel pretty shallow.

I know this game is buggy, yet it's so pretty to look at I can't help but to try and like it. The halftime highlights really do look pretty good in this game.

There's something about the presentation that really makes this game so ..watchable at least. The animation blends fairly well into one another and it really does look a lot like football.

jedimike

Did anyone figure out how to do a standard season yet?

I see a lot of nitpickers out there, but overall this game kick ass... still.

Top Bottom