• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Treme - the creators of The Wire look at life in New Orleans - S2 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool story from the NY Times:

- Wendell Pierce to Open a Grocery Store in New Orleans

Xi3br.jpg

Details on S3 from David Simon's blog:
Number of episodes filmed: 10

Number of shooting days: 113 for first unit, plus 10 days of second unit or splinter unit shooting.

Number of feet of film shot (excluding the last day of filming, which had not been compiled: 1,165,570

Number of feet of film shot for Mardi Gras episode: 165,810

Number of total company moves during filming: 280

Number of locations: 370

Number of no-parking signs posts due to location shooting: 7,000

Number of New Orleans restaurants featured: 27

Number of restaurants built as sets: 2

Number of New Orleans bars featured: 40

Number of New Orleans bars built: 1

Number of speaking parts, seasons three: 347

Number of recurring characters, season three: 95

Number of extras: 9,421

Number of New Orleans musicians filmed: 371

Number of travel memos issued by production office: 383

Number of script revisions: 66

Number of total script pages: 597

Number of times a character says “brah” in dialogue: 21

Number of songs performed live: 106

Number of petty cash and credit card receipts: 12,149

Number of marriages within cast and crew: 2

Number of babies born to cast and crew during production: 2
They're done shooting S3. More via the link.

- HBO's 'Treme' will return in late September
Nola.com said:
No official announcement yet, but HBO is eyeing September 23 or 30 for the season-three return of “Treme.” As speculated when the network announced that season three wouldn’t run in spring as the New Orleans post-Katrina drama’s first two seasons had, “Treme” will likely be paired with “Boardwalk Empire,” though the Atlantic City-set prohibition drama is slated to return first. Production on the 10 episodes of “Treme’s” third season wrapped in May.
More via the link including a video of David Simon talking about S3.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yep, it's what I thought when I heard the delay. Those two shows make more sense together than putting it with True Blood or Game of Thrones.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Really excited about S3. S1 & S2 were some of the best character-driven drama television I've watched since Friday Night Lights.

Really excited about S3. S1 & S2 were some of the best character-driven drama television I've watched since Friday Night Lights.

Indeed. It's easily the best drama HBO has currently, though it doesn't have much competition. Luck (RIP) probably could've given it a run for its money, but nothing else they have can.

Dachande

Excellent. Can't wait. I had no idea how they would follow up S1 or what kind of direction they would go in with S2, but it blew me away. Expecting great things from 3.

Screeners are out to critics:
Sepinwall said:
HBO just sent all eps of Treme S3 (9/23) out to critics. Last time they did this w/David Simon show was at start of The Wire s4, which was also on the verge of ending a season before Simon was ready to end the story. That worked out well for all; will history repeat?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Matt Zoller Seitz takes a look at the screeners:
Screeners are out to critics:
God, the whole season? A month in advance? Lucky bastards. :(

I almost wish that TV was blown up and every show was moved to some form of VOD. Then there's no problem with scheduling and crazy people can watch all the episodes in one sitting instead of one week after one painfully long week.

Then again, with the low ratings, the only reason Treme survives is because of subscription fees. :(

- Nola.com: HBO's 'Treme' releases season-three poster, which asks: 'ls That All You Got?'
The theme of “Treme’s” season-two poster, released preseason and later used as the cover shot for the DVD and Blu-ray box, was “Wrap Your Troubles in Dreams.” The message wasn’t paid off until Davis McAlary played Louis Armstrong’s version of the tune to accompany the season-concluding montage. Viewers won’t have to wait to make such a connection this season.

The new poster's text leads up to the title of a tune that will be first heard in the Sept. 23 season-three premiere. Written by Steve Earle and performed by Annie Tee (Lucia Micarelli) backed by the Red Stick Ramblers, the song is “That All You Got?”

The text from the poster:

“Hurricanes. Floods. Exile. Crime. Corruption. Betrayal. Greed. Neglect. Is That All You Got?”

Portraits of the HBO drama’s main cast members, including newcomer Chris Coy, who plays a reporter, appear below the text.

1wPvO.jpg

Blackhead

Redarse
I'm not watching any previews but I can't wait for this show to be back on air. Only Louie Season 3 has earned my respect so far this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom